Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Guidance

Guidance.
t725.jpg

Yes, knowledge is power. But how do you get that knowledge? What is the key to that door of power?

[Closed to Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf .]

Malachor.

The site of an ancient Sith Temple, a crucial battle of the Jedi and Sith, and many secrets. Many, many secrets.

Currently, a young girl was walking through a yard of statues.

These statues, she knew, were more than structures of. These were all fallen Force users, victims of the Sith Weapon within the temple looming above. It was like art, with the stone figures twisted with emotions of pain, rage, fear, sorrow, thrill... all frozen in terrifying eternity. As the still, silent world around her made little sound, the hooded and cloaked acolyte stood there in awe.

This was history. A history frozen in time to be remembered. A memorial, a sacrifice... a piece of art...

She took another step forward, but the silence of the world around her was shattered by her boot pounding on an object. The girl looked down to see a lightsaber, tossed and forgotten upon the ground. It was a standard hilt, regular design. Yet, she bent down and picked up the weapon. Who's lightsaber was this? Was it wielded by the Jedi, Sith, or some rogue? The dust that had collected on it coated her hand as her pale thumb pressed the button.

From the lightsaber activated with a rough, low shriek. The blade with yellow, the color of the ancient Jedi Sentinels. The lightsaber's blade cracked despite not being used in a fight, and as soon as it was activated it shut off again. A loud spark ignited from the other end of the rusted metal hilt. The girl then worked frantically, pulling the hilt apart and freeing the crystal from its Jedi Prison.

The yellow crystal fell into the palm of her four digit hand. She gazed upon the ancient crystal with the face of an artist. "I will make you beautiful again."

She then looked up. In front of her was the glorious temple of an ancient Sith, a super weapon. The Temple had so much to explore, unpack, that she shivered in anticipation. The Dark Side called her as she put the crystal in her pocket.

"Now this Temple," she scoffed, "Has never faded in beauty!"

Gwyneira Craft, Sith Acolyte, continued her march into the gates of knowledge.

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla

The young Sith acolyte might not know it, but she was not alone. The Lady of Secrets had been on Malachor to study the native storm beasts and to consult with some of the instructors at the Trayus Academy on the progress of some of their students. Having concluded her business, but in no hurry to travel back to Bastion, she had gone to another part of the planet to study the ancient temple that served as the graveyard of Jedi and Sith of times long past.

She watched silently, concealed under an illusion born of Sith magic, as the acolyte explored and admired the battlefield scarred by the temple's activation all that time ago. The young woman had stopped, igniting a yellow lightsaber she discovered until the blade winked out. Curious as she extracted the crystal, Taeli near glided along nearby, the shadows augmenting her illusion.

Intriguing, she thought, and the girl was strong in the dark side... she certainly showed potential, although she did not exude the aura of one that had been thoroughly trained yet. A student to shape perhaps? Her continued walk towards the temple, the glee she expressed in how preserved it was and her excitement at what lay within were palpable, called Taeli to follow and observe.

As she walked up to the triangular temple, Gwyn looked up in total awe of the architecture. Reaching out, she rubbed her hand on the smooth, glass like building. The glowing, dim red lines ran through the building like veins of blood, illuminating the temple in a dark glow. A smile spread across her face. So much was to be dissected here! The mere design of this ancient place told of technology, purpose, culture, artistic license! This temple was created by an ancient Sith, but the Sith's holocron was missing, rendering the weapon of the temple unusable. Still, as the padawan stood there, gazing at the awe inspiring glory of this place, she wondered what other ways the secrets of this place could be revealed.

With eyes filled with a child like wonder, she moved forward. Brushing her hand along the dark walls, she entered the doors into the unknown. The glorious unknown! Yet, at the very gate to this place, she stopped. The Force, it... was warning her.. of something?

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

Silent and concealed, she continued to follow the young acolyte as she explored in awe. The temple, constructed by an unknown Sith Lady, was an awe-inspiring sight to be sure. Its destructive abilities might have been rendered moot by the disappearance, and likely destruction, of the holocron required to prime the dark side artifact at the summit, but it was still impressive. Secrets and lessons could still be learned here, even though the Trayus Academy had long ago taken that role within the Malachor system.

She had to wonder if the girl knew the riddle, some would call it a deadly challenge to dupe those with arrogance ruling them into crushing themselves, to open the temple door.

Like a phantom, she watched and waited to see.

Remember, she recalled the hologram's monotone teachings, Two are required to open the door - a master, and an apprentice. No more, no less.

Of course, there was a problem - Gwyn had no mentor. She had no one to help her open this door. She had thought she would be able to find a back door, but now... She crossed her arms and huffed, some of her colored hair flying before settling over her face again. The foreboding the Force gave her clearly gave the message - this was the only way, whether she liked it or not.

Tapping her foot, Gwyn resented being too scared to ask for help coming here. There were so many students at the academy, she doubted any teacher would of been willing to help her; no matter how exceptional her grades were. Disappointment seeped into her heart. Would she have to turn back? She bit her lip. That would be admitting failure! That was unacceptable.

She closed her eyes, I feel the Force telling me something, but what? I am being turned away, but I am feeling compelled too...

She jerked her head, opening her pale white eyes. Her four fingers tapped her upper arms in a rhythmic motion as she lowered her head in defeat. She needed... help... She could feel it was closer than she thought, she would not need to return to the Temple head down. Question was, how would her help manifest?

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

"It shows initiative to come out this far from the academy to gain knowledge," a voice said, coming from everywhere and nowhere in the stillness around them. "But sometimes you need that extra assistance to gain some real power." From a dark mist, the Lady of Secrets would emerge from her cloaking illusion, hood up and eyes glowing from within its shadows.

"Acolyte Craft, yes?" she asked rhetorically, taking a few steps to stand next to the girl and gaze up at the temple. "Amazing the secrets and power left behind by those who came before us and how it endures to this day and age. Thousands of years, and yet, here it remains."

Upon hearing a voice, Gwyn jumped and rapidly turned. She saw a shadowed woman, a Sith, walking up to the Temple. It was like a movie, where help came just in the nick of time. Yet, a sense of foreboding came across her - she knew these full Sith Lord's were no joke, and nothing to take lightly.
Gwyn offered a proper bow to the Sith Lady, whom she was unable to properly identify. She looked back up to the Temple, gazing upon its glory.
"Yes, I am Acolyte Craft, my Lady." She crossed her arms, gazing upon the door, "I thought I could figure out another way in, but now I can tell I can't..."
She sighed, "This temple is incredible. So much thought went into the architecture, it's design, the ancient culture... Of course I should of seen this coming. No building this grand in design would leave a back door. She scoffed at her own folly, feeling awkward in how this shortcoming came about. She glanced briefly at the secretive Sith Lady, then back to the door. She shifted her posture as she gulped. She knew she was destined to become a Sith Lord, but knew how inadequate she was now. She felt like dead weight in the presence of someone she could sense was quite powerful. Still, building up the courage, she asked, "Do you know how to get in?"

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

"It can never be said that the Sith, or for that matter the Jedi, lack in style or an interest in testing those that try to gain access to their sanctums," she replied. Differing styles for sure, but the Jedi and Sith were very similar in that regard. The young Acolyte seemed to have an appreciation for architecture, more so than many others in her position or even throughout the Sith in general. Interesting.

"I do indeed know how to get inside," she answered, lowering her hood so the younger girl can see her full features. "The better question, or questions in this case, are what do you seek inside and why should I help you gain it?

A lesson all Sith needed to learn; while help should be sought when they could no progress on their own, nothing offered of given from another Sith, especially a higher ranking one, ever came for free.

The facial features of the woman struck her as familiar. Yet, she was struggling to put the face to the name as the lady spoke.

Of course. The Sith did not offer their guidance for free. This was the reason Gwyn refused to look for help coming here, only to be cornered. Yet, as Gwyn turned from the lady to the door, the swarming questions and thoughts were being turned over time and time again in an analytical search for answers. What on earth did Gwyneira have to offer to this woman? Who was she?

She suddenly remembered a vivid hologram image in one of her first Sith Acadamy lessons, on the major Sith of the Order of importance. Gwyn's eyes widened, and she turned briefly to the Sith Lord in awe. The Lady of Secrets!

Gwyn turned her head away again, trying to mask the surprise in some way. Yet, remembering this woman's identity gave her an idea. She had heard that this Sith craved knowledge, like herself. She turned to Darth Arcanix once again.

"Unless you came with others, you cannot get in either. Why are you here otherwise, Darth Arcanix, Lady of Secrets?" Gwyn then gave a respectful bow to the Sith, "If we find anything of interest in there, if we get in, it is all yours. Use this expedition to your liking. Any artifacts or holocrons, yours." Gwyn was rather reluctant on this part. She yearned to start her own collection, but she knew some kind of deal had to sparked. If she had nothing, she could offer what she could of earned here. Besides, she was positive this master Sith could find a better haven for them than Gwyn could. These were objects of lore and value, which deserved respect Gwyn was not sure she could give to them. This building in itself should be enough for now.

Gwyn stood again, head still lowered. "If we both get in, we both get to explore this Temple. With the added bonus of any objects of interest or lore falling into your hands."

Gwyn then shifted her feet, adding one more thing, "I am also an engineer, if you ever need anything fixed. For free."

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

She remained silent as the acolyte made her offers, face staying deceptively calm and giving nothing away. The girl was reluctant to share, as any Sith should be, and that was good. An engineer? Hmm no she did need another, although it was a good sign for possible apprentices that they had skills beyond those they learned at the academies.

"I came to observe you, my dear," she replied, looking out towards the temple. "And no, I don't desire anything within the temple itself. What we may potentially discover, that will be for your own judgment on whether to keep it or leave it be for another to come across in time. If you decide to keep it, I'll be sure to arrange a safe place for you to hide it in. Certainly don't want other students acquiring such knowledge. However...

She turned to look at the acolyte now.

"This is all dependent on how well you explore the temple. Shall we?"

Wait, she actually just agreed to help me?

Gwyn was taken aback by the approval of this teacher. Humbled she eagerly nodded to the Lady of Secrets. She looked towards the door, extending her hand to it. "I studied how to get in. You need a mentor an student to get in, both using the Force the open the multiple doors inside."

She blinked, her eyes dimly glowing orange as she tapped into the dark side, her pupils now becoming faintly visible. "We both need to use telekinesis to move the stones, and coordinate to know when to let go of one, and use another. There are two boulders, one for each to lift, back to back per door."

She glanced at her superior, then back at the door. She used the Force. The dark side was tapped into, her eyes fully glowing amber as she poured energy into the stone. Gwyn had to bite back her nervousness. She had never lifted an object this huge before, and it was proving a bit difficult at first to lift it. As the stone rumbled, she was aware that another person would be depending on her for survival as well. With a grunt, she poured fear of failure, and the knowledge that she would not forgive herself for failing, into the Force. The stone finally began to rise. It wasn't smooth, the rise was sturdy and strong. The first boulder was lifted. Gwyn shot a quick glance at Darth Arcanix to check that she was following, then stepped into the darkness....

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom