Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guidance for an Ancient and Wayward Soul- Larger than Life.

For most of the rather short time Gurbot had been affiliated with the Silver Jedi, much of his time was spent swept up and away by his own personal studies of Nature and history. Gurbot familiarized himself with the Temple and its inhabitants but only from afar-being so large and unacquiesced to the force made him drift into himself more often than not, Gurbot was by nature highly reclusive and he hardly conversed with other Jedi with lo exception of a prime few.

Gurbot was never a warrior. Fighting was not in his blood-sure he was adept at the hunt and traditional coming of age trials of his people, but he never had a taste for it. As a Jedi, Gubot wished to put his pacifist feelings to work, he also saw the Silver Jedi as a chance to become something more than the home lake guardsman on old Dellalt. Gurbot had always been one for education, especially through natural sciences and history, he was always in the firm belief that knowledge was the core to uplifting and uniting everyone in the universe to greater understanding and peace. He also new that the peaceful methods and studies of the path of the Lorekeeper would also further enhance a greater understanding of the greater force of which he always strove to find in his meditations and personal studies.

One of the prime exceptions to Gurbots largely unsocial nature was sociability out of necessity. Master Rasu Gan was both a trustworthy mentor and necessity towards the overarching goal of Gurbots to attain greater knowledge of things of spiritual nature and how to truly be an honorable Jedi of the Silver sort.

Enter- oh, some far off and secluded region of the Temple grounds not far from a calm spring. There is Gurbot, waiting in utter silence and platitude as if on guard duty faithfully awaiting his epitome of feminine grace and wise nature, Master [member="Rasu Gan"] to begin him on his journey of finding himself-to guide him in the ways of the Silver Jedi.

Gurbot wades like a sentinel, his long arching neck and head towering above the crisp surface of the water a low mist surrounding his being.

Life on Voss it seemed had finally come to a slow buzz, with the events that had brought about the Order's creation on the planet, reducing to only meager border skirmishes and rare expeditions. It was for this reason that Rasu was glad to find an excuse to leave the Temple. Not much awaited the Shi'ido recently outside the walls of the still fresh building, with the galaxy not needing members of the Order to defend and protect, no the galaxy was becoming a much more violent breed of life-form, able to wield a blaster or lightsaber and fight for what they considered right and just. Some would say that the galaxy didn't want the Silver Jedi, however other's, especially those on the Council, would rather have it that the Silver Jedi weren't ready to join the galaxy.

This was why the Jedi Master cherished meetings such as the one she was journeying too. Gurbot Luk had been one of the very first Padawan's to join the Order, one who had defected from the Order within the Republic, having no refined knowledge or experience with the Force or its teachings. Instructors would have hopefully given the Jedi prospect the vague run-down and now the Shi'ido would have the immense honour of completing the training, and hopefully raising the Dellatian to the rank of Knight.

Excitement coursed through her veins, hardly able to contain her elation as she made her way to one of the many meditation pools dotted around the mountain of Voss-Ka. Already the soft roar of a cascading waterfall fell upon the woman's ears, her flesh tensing softly as a cool, moist breeze danced across her skin from the nearing spring. Brushing away the foliage, Rasu broke through from the bush and made her way out into the open plain, taking sight of the astonishing view in front of her. However it was the lone being standing solitary among the still pool that caught the Master's attention.

Reaching out to the Dellatian through her mental links, she brushed past the conscious of the Padawan, rousing him from his thoughts and making him aware of her presence. She would wait, knowing that she indeed was the late one and would allow the man to take as much time as he needed to join the Shi'ido back on the dry plain, so to begin their long, but beneficial relationship.

[member="Gurbot Luk"]

Gurbot had indeed been waiting many a day for his master to arrive so it was no surprise when she came slowly past the swamp like brush. Gurbot's stalwart form emerged from the petrified stance he had taken near the pools center, and soon waded his large being to the shore nearby. Careening his head and neck into a submissive posture so as not to overawe his master and but bring on a sense of loyalty and fealty to her. As well, Gurbot belted a long and broken whistle (ooc:like a whale) as a sign of his willing to learn and excitement to Rasu's arrival. "The waters lay placid and the plants beckon in full blooming awareness, for we finally make aquaintance, my master" Gurbot bows his head in respect. [member="Rasu Gan"]

Rasu watched as the monster of a Padawan waded his way back onto shore. Her head slowly tilted as the being came closer into view, as Rasu had to strain her neck to retain the pairs eye contact. She remained silent as Gurbot released a long, musical whistle, one that seemed to travel throughout the small grove, and placed a fair amount of peace over the Master's heart. This was truly a elegant being in front of her, and Rasu was indeed honoured to be given the privilege to take charge of his training. She could not help but smile as Gurbot spoke, bowing his head in respect, as expected of a Padawan in the presence of their Master. Placing a gentle hand on the top of his head, she urged him to rise, a kind smile plastered on her face.

"And indeed they should be thrilled, for now you take your first step towards Knighthood, and full membership into the Silver Jedi Order." she said, her voice hinting that she was more than ready to get to started. However she was more interested in learning all she could of the being and his culture before her. "However before we begin, why don't you share with me the histories of your species. They are quite foreign to me, and I would be quite keen to learn more."

[member="Gurbot Luk"]

Gurbot was not expecting such a reception when his master delicately placed her hand on his naval but it actually did much to relieve his tension. This will be a moment not long forgotten to him. Complying with his masters order he repositioned but still sat low for his master, at her level so to speak. After he rose he listened intently to his masters soft words falling on his ear, when she inquired about his people, Gurbot trembled a bit and felt at loss, memories of Dellalt flooded his mind not all of them as a bright as he recounted in times prior. Still, he felt that he shan't leave her wondering so he returned to his composure and told the tales of his home. "My people are very reclusive and hostile to offworlders if that wasn't in your observations from hearing about me on Voss." He stated- "We among the 'Swimming Peoples' were equally distrusted and ignored by the outsiders- the colonists, the survivors etcetra, so naturally our society developed slow and largely independant outside of the off-world commercial events occaisionally." Looking off- "Like most other species we are clannish and loose in our living, near tribal it was though instead of tribes we have Herds that all loosely look up to one almighty cheiftan, lets say turmoil and strife were inevitable. However it seemed that things never got as far as blood shed though last I was home we almost did." Continuing- "For millions of years Dellaltians have largely been ignored or used for minor designs not always with goodnatured ambitions, Xim the Despot ruled us thousands of years ago until the destruction brought by the Hutts and their allies. The first human empire and that distant memory known as the clone war also brought great hardship- since then my people always seemed to support the C.I.S even to this day as many of my people continue to lobby for admission and annexation, I however never trusted them anyhow." Coming to conclusion "As with any society we have hunting as well as coming of age trials for both sexes of my people that focus on personal cunning concerning wit, intelligence and general intimidation. I guess its safe to say though that since it took so long for us to even open up to the universe we've never carried any grand story or historical recount most of it coming through word of mouth legends and inscriptions on old burial mounds" Finally- "Its only natural your curious I suppose." [member="Rasu Gan"]

Gurbot looks off in worry as his master stands befuddled and deep in contemplation he asks himself in his head- "Did I say something wrong? Surely not!" [member="Rasu Gan"]

Rasu listened intently, finding that all outside noise slowly died down as her attention became solely focused on the musical tones that escaped the beings mouth. She stood quietly, not moving a single muscle except for that of her brain, as she processed every detail the Dellaltian shared with her. She had read much on the great conquerors and wars of galactic history, and the clone wars was one conflict that she was sure echoed through everyone's mind, especially for those who wield the light side of the Force. It had been a hard time for all Force users in that era, one that many of her own species had dealt with and shared with their own species back on Lao-Mon. As a young Shi'ido Rasu had often gathered around many of the elders at the time, and listened to their tales of empires and rebellions, jedi and Sith. At the time it had all seemed so surreal, and now, standing among the galaxy, apart of the story, Rasu was taken aback at how fast she had changed.

"Oh sorry my dear, my mind was elsewhere." she said as she noticed the confused looks plastered on the beings face. "It is a very interesting history Gurbot, one that I'm sure will help you strive for greatness among the Silver Jedi. But now I would like to ask a more personal question. What do you hope to achieve within our ranks? What is it that I can teach you?"

[member="Gurbot Luk"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom