Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guardians of the Galaxy [Group Training; Open to All]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
When silence fell, Ashin smiled faintly. "What? I can't have been the only one thinking it. Not better but above. Give us authority. Deserve the elevation. Pummel into the ground, make him stop. If there's one thing I know, it's Sith, and Master Saki's comments could have come straight from Caedus, Vergere or Lumiya."

Pale eyes, tinted by over a decade's exposure to five kinds of Sith Poison -- of which her system was mercifully clean -- locked in on Saki, and that smile faded. "Forgive my bluntness."

Saki

Came in like a wrecking maul
[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Saki looked at Ashin and shrugged. "Meh I am a fighter, I fight. Point me at the sith if you want to talk" She put her hands up and indicated the group. "Then it won't be much deeper then do what is right and punch bad guys. I have gotten by just fine with that and it works. Kept me alive on Teta, kept padawan [member="Ki'an Karr"] from being dogpiled or worse."

Ki'an looked back and forth between [member="Ashin Varanin"] and [member="Saki"] as they talked. He wasn't getting involved in this! He agreed with what Ashin had said, but he couldn't honestly agree with everything that Master Saki had. Though he considered himself in her debt for helping him on Empress Teta, Ki'an couldn't wrap his mind around the idea of being above others, nor could he fathom the amount of aggression that seemed to emanate from the young Jedi Master.

It may have just been a difference in philosophy, but Ki'an always considered fighting a last resort. He didn't shrink from fighting, but nor did he go looking for a fight.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Saki"]

"And that's it, right there." Ashin cracked out her neck. "Point me at the target, turn me loose. A Jedi takes responsibility, not just for her actions, but for finding the right path forward, for considering the moral ramifications. Effectiveness is no excuse for ignoring the ethical dimension of power. In fact it's often the opposite." She squinted in evaluation. "You're saying you're someone else's blunt instrument, on purpose, without second thought or self-examination. Do you have any idea how dangerous of a combination that makes with Vaapad, which requires constant self-examination?

"Tell you what, I'll prove it to you. Spar me. Maybe not here and now -- I've no desire to derail Master Sardun's session any further -- but I'm pretty sure I can prove to you that the Jedi way, in all its variations, is something more than the example you're setting, and that there's more for you to be."

Saki

[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Saki looked at the woman and.... wasn't sure she heard right. Not the other stuff she got that but a fight. Someone wanting her to fight them. She did a quick frown and look of disbelief. "My example is what I tell any who ask. We fight for civilization, because people make peace. I am not going to be at peace, I am not going to live there, I'm not even going to try. If you want to spare we can somewhere else."

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
It had been my goal to spur up some discussion, get people to actively think about their role in the Universe. Looking at it right now I might have been slightly too successful in my attempt, no use in sighing and moaning about it; guy’s gotta take what he can get and run with it in any way possible. So I interjected the moment Varanin was done with her verbal smackdown.

“I agree that some of Master Saki’s words seem… concerning to say the least, especially coming from a Jedi Master and a wielder of Vaapad. Though I can’t help but think that beating the, pardon my language, crap out of her is really the Jedi Way of Teaching Lessons. Then again, neither of you are kids, not in the strictest sense of the word at least, just eh… go easy on ‘er, Master Varanin.”

A quick look around the class saw fascination from the various padawans around, confusion from some and a range of different other emotions which weren’t really that relevant at this point. I decided it was time to get to the point, before someone else decided to do a throwdown in the middle of the class.

“Master Watts is a fine example of what it means to be a Guardian. There is a common misconception on the way we operate or ought to operate, people see the three branches in the Order; the Guardians, Consulars, Sentinels and assume that a Jedi Guardian’s only solution to a problem is to simply… bash open a locked door. While a Consular might knock and a Sentinel would find a different, more.. ingenious way to get into the room. This might be partially a flaw in our way of teaching or a lack of proper guidance, or perhaps it’s our tendency to separate things into easy labeled boxes.”

“Regardless, the fact of the matter remains, we are not brawlers. We are not tanks, or wrecking balls who lay waste on the battlefield onto the Heretics that stand against us. Our symbolic weapon, the Lightsabre, should be just that; a symbol until the time comes to draw it and therein lies the key. When to draw and when to try and take a more diplomatic approach to a situation.”

A smile appeared on my lips, as I concluded the lengthy… speech. I had been hoping to let the pupils do the talking today, but sometimes guidance needed to be applied, I guess. Before more brawls would start out.

“Some of the more attentive students will recognize this as Form Zero. Which, in my humble opinion, is the key to being a Jedi and foremost to what it means to be a Guardian of the Galaxy. No doubt the Masters here already know what I am talking about. Tell me, who here doesn’t have the faintest clue of what I am rambling on about here? And be honest."

[member="Adam Gardner"] [member="Ashin Varanin"] [member="Meeristali Peradun"] [member="Qun Vell"] [member="Ket Vistas"] [member="Kiskla Grayson"] [member="Saki"] [member="Maria Natalja"] [member="Ki'an Karr"] [member="Sumalee"]

Standing at the back of the small crowd with arms crossed, Ryan Korr's scarred features twisted into a scowl as fiery as his red hair. For a man of twenty his features were hard and defined, less like a master sculptor's work and more akin to the lonesome rock whose face bore the weathering of nature's harsh elements.

Saki's words caused his gut to twist so tight that it physically hurt. The muscles of his abdomen clenched as he struggled to suppress rising anger. Whatever they said, fire did not fight fire. He needed to be calm. Ryan reached into the Force and searched for peace, but came away feeling empty. The blood in his veins boiled, begging for retribution against this so-called Jedi who would so arrogantly set herself above the galaxy, a benevolent tyrant. Ryan could not help the sneer that crossed his features.

He could feel the emotions rising from her. Even now she crackled with a desire to break something, or someone. Korr shuddered, he needed to relinquish this sudden anger, lest he become like her... but her words awoke the storm within him and he could not but feel utter fury at her words.

And who was the only one to speak up against such utter bantha fodder? Ashin Varanin. The former Sith Empress and founder of the Lords of the Fringe, a nation which still harbored some of the worst beings in the galaxy. Lady Shinju, Kaine Zambrano, the Taliths. All had found residence in one or both of that woman's empires. And yet here she stood, correcting a Jedi Master on what it meant to be a Jedi.

Oh, bitter irony. The taste would not leave his mouth.

Ryan listened in silence, taking deep breaths and letting his anger slip away with each exhalation until only a remnant of the ire remained, but this choler frightened him more, for it was cold and utterly calm. The scowl disappeared, replaced with a look as stern as stone. He ground his teeth and waited to hear the pharisee's reply to Sardun.

Saki

Saki looked and listened with a raised eyebrow. Then she went back to standing still letting her breathing come in to relax her body and go out with any tension. Fighting worked aand after all the campaigns she had been on for the Republic and seeing Val'rysses destruction with her master. She wasn't willing to let more atrocities come. She had already said she let the smarter ones handle talks, she'd be there for when their words failed. She wasn't going to argue and be wreckless in this now.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
A bleak smile caught the corner of Ashin's mouth as she watched various Jedi try very hard not to get mad. And, generally, fail. "If you'll excuse me, Master Sardun, I think my presence has become a distraction."

With a bow, she departed.

The Pharisee contented herself with shutting up, which settled just fine for Ryan. As for the ex-Empress, she took an abrupt leave. He supposed by now he should come to expect that of the new and improved "anti-conflict" Varanin. Grey eyes like bits of steel watched her go.

Run then, from setting one fire to the next. I'll stay right here, same place I've always been, trying to put them out... even if it takes a bucket of my own blood to do it.

[member="Maria Natalja"] @Sumalee @Qun Vell [member="Adam Gardner"] [member="Ryan Korr"] [member="Michael Sardun"] [member="Saki"]

Ki'an considered Master Sardun's words for a moment. He had heard of Form Zero before but he had never really been part of a lesson that discussed it. Nor did he have much application of the philosophy so far in his time as a Jedi. In fact, Ki'an had spent much of his time fighting since he first came to the ranks of the Jedi. This was something that bothered Ki'an, now that he thought about it more. The Baran Do were far less martial than the Jedi, so Ki'an had never been violent by nature, but since his time with the Jedi and the war with the One Sith, he had been forced to harm others....even kill. Considering this now, Ki'an found himself even more invested in the lesson before him.

"While I have heard the term Form Zero, I have never examined it in any detail, nor have I, regretfully, put it into any practice so far." Ki'an said sighing. It was a hard fact to face. But Ki'an realized, sitting there in that class, that every time he drew his lightsaber in combat had been a failure of sorts. He had defended those that needed defending and fought to save lives, but what could he have done to prevent the violence in the first place? He may have just been a padawan, but he had a responsibility to ask himself these sorts of questions. He had a responsibility to hold himself to this sort of standard.

Ki'an glanced around at his fellow padawans and wondered how many felt the same as he. How many had been thrown into combat without any consideration for non-violent ways of conflict resolution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom