Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guardian to Guardian, watching over the wall. [Xander]

View.jpg
View from the academy walls. | Image credit

Cloudy day on voss, the often orange glow of the horizon dulled somewhat by cloud cover, ground and plantlife underfoot was still alive undergoing what was the equivalent to the planet’s spring. Meekly the animal life seemed to sulk that it wasn’t allowed out in full sun to hunt or gather for fear of being caught in a possible storm, and avian life especially was the most wary in the coming winds.

Kei awaited a new student, perhaps an apprentice if he wanted to go that route, first though better to just get to know each other without expectation. Staring out over the academy walls, he found himself here more of late, watching for the future approaching with guarded hope. Voss was his home and had been so for many years, it never looked the same way twice to him, much like each lesson here.

Below that future approached again, and he would do what he could to help the padawan find it and his. Breathing deep of the force Kei settled himself into a familiar solid grin for the new arrival, extending his hand. “Master Amadis. Tell me about yourself, what you know of the force and what you want to learn.”

Straight to the point, no games or messing about, that was Kei. If he wanted to find a guardian Master, Xander had done, it wasn’t an easy road, often bumpy, the grizzled face of the Jedi Master facing Xander had seen his share of hiccups, because the balance for a Guardian was often a challenge to achieve, and to hold.

[member="Xander Stanforth"]​

Xander walked along wearing Ranger Armor with the Delta Division insignia on it with Commander stripes. On his hip was a field pistol in a holster not far from his saber. His helmet tucked under his arm.

As he got closer he gave [member="Kei Amadis"] a slight bow before accepting the handshake.

"Xander Stanforth."

He paused with a chuckle.

"Not really much to tell really." "Grew up in slums, I lack the ability to be diplomatic with bullies, almost died, and then ended up here."

He tilted his head to the side for a moment.

"Very little." "Previous potential Masters seemed to get hung up on my past of getting in fights with bullies." "They didn't want to train me." "All I got was lectures about the dark side and how I was falling to it."

He turned looking out over the wall. He stopped speaking for a moment before he looked back towards the man.

"So I joined the Rangers." "A place where I could defend the weak without being watched like a hawk." "Deployed to Balmorra to try and help liberate them from the Sith."

He paused shaking his head.

"We failed." "I guess my goal at this point would be to get stronger." "To learn what is needed to win next time."

He shrugged.

"Not sure if that makes sense.............not even sure it makes sense to me." "I just feel useless sitting here watching the Galaxy burn."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom