Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growing en Masse

Matreya

Damien Daemon, returned owner off Merr-Sonn Incorporated, found himself at a dilemma. He was finding that his company was in need of several things in order to become completely autonomous, one being a continuous fuel source, others being means to no longer have to purchase items. The latter however was far more difficult than the prior...

Salacia Consolidated had come up as a potential for this problem. It was a company owned by one Judah Dashiell, a person he had heard held repute, even if he had yet to meet the man in person. Plus the company was known for Biofuels. If he could get his hands on them, perhaps he could lessen the expense his company threw out every day, and raise the profit margins.

//To,
Salacia Consolidated,

This is Mr. Daemon, head of MSI, a decent little corporation that wishes to do business with a head above itself. At the moment we are using ancient fossil fuels, and other means of power, that lets be honest, are dangerous and by no means a safe way to power anything.

We would love it if you could meet me at HomeLand Buffet on Val'hala. Enjoy some good food, maybe enjoy a show, and converse about a means to contract between our two businesses.

Regards,
Damien Daemon
//

[member="Judah Dashiell"]

[member="Damien Daemon"]

Looking over the datapad Judah had one concern ; was the HomeLand Buffet one of those strip club buffets? The writer, one Mr.Daemon did indicate that there would be a show. There was a bit of nervousness at the thought. Of course in such a situation he could skip eating and discuss business. How offended Mr.Daemon would be would depend on various cultural nuances.

Business owner for well over a decade and he would still never understand all the etiquette in the 'verse. If it grew his biofuel business? Well then he could stomach some day-time strippers in order to snag a deal.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Mr.Daemon,

I would be happy to meet you one standard week from this date and the location set. I look forward to our meeting. I don't think you'll be disappointed by the product."

-J.Dashiell

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Matreya

The Appointed Day

Damien sat midst the lush quality that was HomeLand. It was unlike what the other believed, a five star locale, with music and live entertainment. By far, and at large, no strip joint. When the host had sat him at his table, Damien had placed an order for a decent wine. He did not go ultra extravagant for he did not wish to project an air of any kind. No, it was simply in hopes to set a decent mood.

"As well, look for one Mr. Dashiell. He is to be expected, and his requests treated as if mine own." At Damien's words the man left, to await the aforementioned arrival. All the while, Damien leaned back in a relaxed state, eyes on the nearby stage where upon a young Twi'lek was singing a beautiful opera piece.

[member="Damien Daemon"]

To be on the safe side, Judah had looked up HomeLand on the HoloNet, mildly worried he was walking to a seedy-underbelly type situation. Information seemed to relay the place was relatively safe, perhaps even a resort-quality in its reputation. It still didn't do anything for his mild nerves. Resort like places often had a habit of attracting criminal enterprises who made up their own rules and terms. Terms that often didn't transfer to him due to his non-criminal status.

Never the less, he found himself walking through the doors of the HomeLand. He adjusted the tie at his neck, rebuttoned the navy-blue suit jacket. Opera music echoed throughout the large space, sounding relatively close by but he couldn't place exactly where. The building was crowded with sentients of all shapes and sizes, unsure of where to find his client.

Walking up to the receptionist might solve his problem.

"I have an appointment with Mr. Daemon. Could you point me in the right direction?"

Matreya

The maître d', a man by the name of Collin Barrine, looked up with a chuckle, "Of course mister, we all seek the attention of the God King. But it does not always mean we-" His words were silenced by the arrival of the host himself, whom hurriedly spoke into his ear in a hushed tone. His skin paled. Obviously he knew his words and tone were offensive, alongside having just heard that the man whom represented his God turned corporeal had said to treat this man as they would him.

"Please, sir, if you would follow me." The Host, Darr'ian, gestured for Judah to follow, "I am Darr'ian, I handle the main matter of face here at this branch of HomeLand. Lord Daemon alerted us too your coming, and said to handle every need you can find within yourself. Are you thirsty? I can recommend much in the names of classy drink, or you can simply drink with Lord Daemon.

"Ah, here we are." He said, pulling the chair for Damien's companion, while the aforementioned rose to greet Judah with respect.

"Welcome Mr. Dashiell. I am Damien Daemon, the man who called you here." He said, offering a hand to shake.

[member="Damien Daemon"]

"God King?" Judah snorted back a piece of laughter. "I think you misunderstand."

Hands in his pockets, he watched curiously as the man speaking about the God King was stopped by another. Hushed whispers. Some glances in his direction and he flashed a smile. Judah didn't mind waiting, perhaps he was in the wrong location. It wouldn't be the first time he couldn't figure out the right address. The one who had approached mentioned to follow him, so Judah did so.

"No, I don't drink Darr'ian, appreciate the offer though."

They reached the table and Judah reached across and gave a hearty shake.

"Mr.Daemon, pleasure to meet you." Judah took a seat in the pulled out chair, unbuttoning his suit jacket. "Thank you Darr'ian"

Matreya

"Please, a pleasure to meet me?" Damien made a pshaw sound, gesturing jokingly, "I am a horrendous bore." Reaching for his drink, Damien sipped at the wine, "I heard already that you dont drink, so forgive me for not offering a redundancy." He gestured to the now finishing up Twi'lek youth, "She is quite good. I was the one who found her too. She was singing to just earn a few chits. Now she is making a decent living."

At that Darr'ian approached once more, a menu for each of them, one which Damien shooed away, "Nothing for me. I just had an EDV before coming. But please, if you are hungry, there is little they do not make her Mr. Dashiell, and its all on the house."

He paused then steepled his fingers together, elbows against the rim of the table, "I believe the right to maintain health, and make a profit is an ideal you seem to share. I would like to find we may both achieve something of the sort, if able, from this meeting."

[member="Damien Daemon"]

"Sounds like we're going to have a boring sentient convention then." Judah waved off the mention of the drink, water was completely fine. Clapping occurred for the young opera singer and Judah remained standing with the rest of the crowd as she exited off stage. Orchestra started to play, most likely setting the tone for a type of intermission or the next performer. Taking his seat, menu was placed directly in front of him.

"Blackened nerf steak, side salad will be fine."

Judah handed the menu back and listened about profit. He wasn't quite sure what Mr.Daemon was interested in. All companies had to pull profit to be successful. Often times it was more difficult than not, there were external factors to the market and such. War, shortages, economic disasters.

"I see. What is your proposal?"

Matreya

Damien grinned, "A steak man. I appreciate that. To many these days only want to eat greenery." Damien maintained his grin, "But are not boring conventions usually the most lucrative?" A chuckle punctuated the statement. Then he was cut off by the approach of the recently finished singer.

"Mr. Daemon, it is a pleasure. I wanted to offer my many thanks once more, for the chance to be here. It has changed my life." She smiled, and met the hand which Damien offered.

"Please, it was a smart move on my behalf. I am glad to find it is beneficial for you as well. Truly." Damien said, holding the hand a moment. Then when he released it, he watched as she finally left sight. Turning his gaze back to Mr. Dashiell, he began, "Well, if I am correct, and i believe I am, you are in possession of biofuels and other safer to handle means of power. I would like to purchase some, too make a long term contract, providing my corporation with as much of such as you are able to part with.

"I have projects at work that are needing to have selective alterations to the mainstream approaches. Yea, there are fuelsources that are impeccably powerful, but these also provide a danger to those around them. Hence me asking what could be achieved via our joint efforts." Damien paused to sip at his drink once more, "Do you believe we might be able to achieve this together?"

[member="Damien Daemon"]

Judah waited patiently while the opera singer came to sing her praises to Mr.Daemon. He flashed one of his still-boyish smiles towards the girl, keeping quiet. Instead he watched the two interact, observing as Mr.Daemon watched her leave. Eyebrow raised slightly, apparently Mr.Daemon also enjoyed side benefits with his employees? Amusement colored his features at the thought.

"The biofuels aren't exactly safer, they are equally volatile as their traditional counterparts." Back to business. "The beautiful thing about my biofuel is that is grown, not....how do I put it, 'mined' or 'collected' as is the standard. Before we continue this conversation you'll have to understand biofuel is just as dangerous around fire and munitions."

"The appeal of biofuel, or at least my biofuel, is that its cheap. Its grown. We can grow it nearly everywhere and anywhere.Refined in much the same manner. Now, Salacia can supply it or if you so desire we can build a facility and grow and refine it near you. Depends on how hands on you prefer."

Matreya

"I am thinking, mind you i will pay for the build of the facility, one nearby. Probably on Kato'hala, as its going to be the fortress that defends my company if you will. I would also offer the placement of your facility there, free of charge of course." Damien laughed at his joke before continuing, "Well, I believe, unless you have more to add, which of course I can add addendums, that might be our contract." Holding up his right wrist, which held the holo-projecting ChronoPro watch, he read through the voice-to-text adaptation of their conversation.

After narrowing it down to just the necessary information, he smiled, "If that sounds about good - money, plus the allotment on Kato'hala free of charge - just say you agree, with your name, and we can just relax, eat, and enjoy the others company."

[member="Darth Pikiran"]

Judah waved a hand at the mention of placing a second facility here.

"I have little use for a facility out in these parts. Far away from our main operations and more or less a headache to tend to. Hence the mention of building your own facility for growing and refining earlier. Saves money in the long run. If you would like to pay for its construction thats fine. We can add into the contract that I will supply a small contingent of trained workers for a year. In turn they can teach your employees how to run this facility. Essentially in a few years I'll be selling you just the algae strain and you're on your own from there."

A small grin.

"Like I said, pays for itself within a few years following this model."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom