Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Growing a new garden takes time and patience.

Karisa

Brask'ari'sabosen (retired)
F87goeh.jpg

Dalos Peninsula, Verkuyl
Rivain Providence, Eternal Empire

dRUm20K.png

After the planet of Verkuyl fell firmly into the hands of the Eternal Empire and the Verkuylian BactaCo's secrets on how to make bacta were seized from a hidden vault, the vital medical commodity began to be produced once again to support the Imperial Nation's goals of conquering the Unknown Regions and beyond.

Once the exiled blood-born Chiss noble, had been introduced to Imperial society at a gathering on Kaliden by a fellow Chiss, the shipping tycoon known as Malicar, Karisa applied for citizenship to the Empire and was accepted. Not too long afterward, the former First Daughter of House Sabosen received an invitation to the Noble Ball at the Governor's Estate on Lanteeb. While attending the festivities, she was summoned before the Emperor, Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe .

To the Chiss doctor's pleasant surprise, His Imperial Majesty bestowed upon her the Barony of Verkuyl. She would now loyally serve him and the Eternal Empire as well as be a representative of the Imperial Assembly. This was quite the honor and Karisa of course humbly accepted the title of Baroness of Verkuyl and the responsibilities it came with; an area of expertise she had.

~*~
Now fast forward to today... It had been several months since Karisa had taken over the reigns of the barony and there was much to still organize and see to. One thing she couldn't do on her own was the logistics of getting the bacta and other medical supplies the Verkuylians were making shipped in a timely and efficient fashion throughout the ever-growing Eternal Empire to meet its needs. The Chisswoman knew of only one person that had the network and assets to assist her with this issue...

She hadn't spoken to her former lover since they had broken off their affair, but this was business not personal so any misgivings or misunderstandings regarding the break up would have to be put aside until the matter at hand was solved effectively.

A message was sent to the proprietor of Interstellar Shipping asking for a consultation regarding the transportation of goods at his earliest convenience. It was signed by the Baroness on her official state letterhead with the High Regent of House Sabosen's personal seal stamped on it. Now to see how long it would take to get a reply as the philanderer was such a busy man it seemed these days, or at least the gossip columns stated as much. That is if anyone gave much credence to such trivial nonsense.

Last edited:
Rivain Providence
Dalos Peninsula, Verkuyl
Eternal Empire
cxXK1ft.png
Baroness Sabosen…he had to admit, it had a nice ring to it. While he never envisioned he would have to go through official channels to make an appointment to see Karisa, it was apparently to be a business trip. While that notion did not seem fun, business was business—and it was rare for Malicar to turn down business for any reason. Regardless of the details, he did miss her and was excited to see her. In truth, he was proud of her. While he slipped her name to Darth Tacitus as one who could help the Eternal Empire, she did the rest. He never imagined she would become a bonafide baroness, but she was now in a place she would excel—and where she was appreciated. Alas, there was more to know, so the shipping tycoon decided he would ask her while he was here.

His response to her request for a consultation was an ETA for an arrival for said meeting. The Shadow Hammer was given clearance to land and Malicar made his way down the cargo ramp and met a Verkuyl official, who led him deeper into the capital building. A pair of ISSG security personnel situated themselves outside the Shadow Hammer vigilantly while Malicar was gone.

The opulence and wealth of the surroundings were tempered with practicality and subtle grace. It had Karisa’s style written all over it. Eventually, Malicar was led to an antechamber. The official said politely, “Baroness Sabosen will see you shortly, sir.”

The Chiss nodded with a wry grin and slowly paced the room with his hands folded behind his back as a he waited…

cxXK1ft.png

Karisa Karisa

Karisa

"Excuse me, Baroness... Your last appointment for the day is here. Shall I show him in?"

Brask'ari'sabosen gazed up from the datapad she was studying intently. It was the just-released quarterly report on bacta production. The blue-hued near human slipped off the reading glasses worn and placed them down upon the nicely appointed desk, then looked to the decorative chrono mounted on the wall. He is right on time. It is so him. she noted thoughtfully.

"Yes, Julio. Do show Mister Raith in please, then you may leave us to our business affairs. I won't be needing you any further today," the Chiss noblewomen answered her assistant with a curt nod knowing he'd appreciate that gesture to get home early for once to his family, then she rose from the white leather chair and walked around to the side of the modern-styled desk to await the galaxy's most eligible bachelor's grand entrance no doubt.

No, Malicar Malicar wouldn't just walk into the room, he would strut with a confident swagger most men could never even dare to wish for and carry off with something to back it up. Vesnam'alica'raith really was a self-made rich man. Hmm, the one who got away or was it the other way around. Time would only tell on that score.

"Very good, milady," the Verkuylian nodded, then retreated back out to the antechamber.

"Sir... Baroness Sabosen will see you now. Please go right in. She is expecting you," Julio motioned with his hand towards the double doors that lead to her office suite.

Karisa smoothed over the sleeveless black dress worn; a little too form-hugging for her tastes, but it most likely would help seal the deal she was looking for in moving her manufactured medical products throughout the Nation more efficiently. She took a deep breath to calm her nerves, then the Chiss pushed off the edge of the desk when her crimson gaze laid upon her ex-lover entering through the doors...

Or were they? Who knew really the way the two left things up in the air between them when they parted company just before she became a citizen of the Eternal Empire and he stepped down from being the Underlord Eshro of Black Sun to build his shipping empire even bigger. Things had become so busy after being given the barony and becoming a member of the Imperial Assembly. The former First Daughter of House Sabosen suspected the other Chiss noble had a hand in getting her into this lofty position and most likely owed the man another heartfelt round of appreciation for his kindness; saving her life and now helping to restore her dignity after the intra-house coup had taken everything from Karisa including her family. In a way, he was her only family now. Well except her trial-born sister, but Sentiri Sentiri was off leading her own life in the fashion she preferred for which Karisa felt only joy for her sissy in being able to do so.

Gods he looks good... but my knight in shining armor always does. Never a hair out of place not even in the throws of... That particular musing was quickly doused with very cold mindful water so she could deal with the real reason she asked the CEO of Interstellar Shipping for this service consultation.

"Hello, Malicar. Thank you for coming to Verkuyl. I hope you and your business have been fairing well?" she greeted with a cordial smile gracing her dark and supple lips.

Last edited:
cxXK1ft.png
Straightening his business suit, the Chiss nodded to the aide as he approached.

“She will see me now? Fabulous. Well, I cannot keep her waiting, can I?”

The shipping tycoon strolled into her office suite and looked around with an approving nod. Julio closed the doors behind him. She greeted him formally and started small talk banter, but it was clear that Malicar was going to have none of that…

He crossed the office space between them with little delay. The Chiss looked at her and smiled wryly, “Yes, yes, business is good, blah, blah, blah—now dear Karisa, you know that I am going to have to get a hug from you—it has been too long, wouldn’t you agree?”

Barely slowing to ponder the décor and elegance of the room, Malicar walked right up to her and pulled her tight in a loving embrace. He stood there embracing her for many moments, taking in the subtle scent of her perfume, pressed against her, but not in a way that was too “forward”.

Moments later, he slowly pulled away and his pair of glowing red eyes met hers, “I have missed you, ‘Baroness’…how can Interstellar Shipping and I help you this fine day?”
cxXK1ft.png
Karisa Karisa

Karisa

Malicar Malicar didn't waste any time striding across the room and giving Karisa a hug. The shipping tycoon's spicy male scent was still the same as before and in some ways it was comforting... or was it his strong arms holding her? Though the embrace wasn't as intimate as it could have been given their body to body proximity, it was plenty enough to remind each other of their past together as a loving couple, and what they had given up... or perhaps could have again or even still had and didn't know it? Too many questions for the momentary musing for her own good.

Business before pleasure...

After the charismatic Chiss stepped back, Karisa just smiled at him emphasizing her new title. "Yes, I have a proposition for you to consider... as CEO of Interstellar Shipping. Please make yourself more comfortable after your long journey," she motioned graciously with her hand towards the white sofa in the sitting area of the office suite, then she joined him and sat down in the adjourning plush chair; crossing over one long blue-hued leg over the other and leaning upon the armrest ever so slightly to face him after readjusting the hem of the dress.

There was a water picture with two goblets on a tray atop the rectangle glass coffee table along with some other decorative items that gave it a bit of a personal touch such as a crystal vase that held a bouquet of freshly cut multi-colored roses from that morning.

"As you are aware, I gather," Karisa fixed her crimson orbs on his in an amused yet suspicious way as they glowed a knowing red. "His Imperial Majesty has bestowed the Barony of Verkuyl to me. And to that, I oversee the Verkuylian BactaCo and the production of other medical supplies for the whole of the Eternal Empire," the baroness stated matter of fact. "And perhaps in the future, will export it outside the Nation to our allies as well. I am looking for a shipping company I can trust to transport my precious commodities to where they are requested in an efficient and timely fashion as production is ramped up and need arises. I am quite aware of your vast network, capabilities, and reputation for unequaled service. I would like to enter into a contract with you, your company for this," she finished, gracing her former lover and yes, business partner to an extent in the past with a small smile.

The Sabosen almost wished the chemistry wasn't still palpable between them as it was hard to keep her thoughts and desires, well regal and not mischievous.

Last edited:
cxXK1ft.png
So business it is…

When prompted, Malicar sat as directed. The smile remained, but the atmosphere had a different flair to it at this point. Although he could feel the attraction, simply based on how she responded in their embrace, she was trying to get something accomplished that was important to her…so he would oblige.

She began speaking about what was needed to aid her in her new position. He was mapping out the trade routes within the Eternal Empire in his head—there weren’t many. Fortunately, trading outside of the Eternal Empire was a bit more straightforward. Now that he had a firm hold on Annaj, he controlled shipping that went into and out of the Eternal Empire—and the Sanctuary Pipeline was its gateway. His government contract with the Eternal Empire was a meaty one, so he had already been generating star charts to establish spacelane corridors for his ships. Truly, there were only a few more that needed to be researched to accommodate Verkuyl connections to the rest of the empire. Bacta itself was not complicated to transport, so there were no issues there. The deal was fairly straightforward to Malicar and it was not an exorbitant rate. The first few months would be a bit more expensive in order for Interstellar Shipping to establish the spacelanes to every Eternal Empire system from Verkuyl. As a security measure, Malicar had these spacelanes established for his pilots and he kept them confidential. If it got out the routes that Interstellar Shipping took on their loads, the temptation to intercept them would be too great for “opportunistic” parties.

Pulling out a small datapad, the shipping tycoon quickly established a connection with the Shadow Hammer, which had access to the calculations needed to lay the cost foundation for this contract. It took a few seconds and a bit of “line drawing” on his datapad—then he was done. Looking up, he smiled, “I know you do not want to wait on this, so I have the contract offering ready for review. I think you will find the contract quite affordable, since you have invoked the ‘Sabosen Discount’…”

With that, he sent the contract over to her system. He continued to explain, “As usual when entering a contract with Interstellar Shipping, we are compensated per load—all the loads are guaranteed on time and are insured. Once the minimum number of loads are met, we will come back to the table and renegotiate terms, if needed. Often, the only increase a simple adjustment for galactic inflation, but usually, if the delivery circumstances have not changed, it is a simple matter. You will see that the cost per load is based on a formula that includes characteristics such as weight, bulk, fragility, and rarity. Most of my customers ask why there are increases per load on rarity—it is simple. I provide my clients with statistics on pirate raids, shipments intercepted, and lost loads based on ‘rarity’. Shipping raw spice and precious gems have a larger rarity rate than sand and simple machine parts. But, you have heard all of this before, Baroness Sabosen. Alas, I felt the need to cover the bases. You should have received my estimate at this point, do we have an accord?”
cxXK1ft.png

Karisa Karisa

Karisa

There was a small amount of measured amusement in Karisa's glowing red eyes when the shipping tycoon mentioned the 'Sabosen Discount'. There had been so much between Malicar Malicar and herself both as Chiss nobles and former lovers. For the Nation, it was her duty to get the very best deal possible, and if she had to use a personal favor to get it that was just good business, and much appreciated as well that he thought of her on good terms.

"I am sure you will give the Eternal Empire and the Barony of Verkuyl the best contractual agreement possible within your means, especially as this, will be a steady service arrangement for Interstellar Shipping," the baroness stated assuredly.

Karisa loved to watch the other Chiss work. Malicar had a masterful mind when it came to business affairs. She didn't stare as he sat there drawing lines, crunching numbers, and typing on his datapad, though was mindful of his self-satisfied look about the charismatic man as the CEO finished up his offer and began to explain the in's and out's.

"I am listening. Please continue... "

The Baroness pushed up from the plush chair and walked back over to her desk from the sitting area to retrieve her own datapad resting on the writing blotter atop and sat down. She picked up the pair of glasses next to it and slipped them on to read over the contract sent, and you can believe every word and number would be turned over and analyzed too.

When Karisa was done doing so, she removed the glasses and thoughtfully put them down with the datapad, then stood back up to walk back over to him. The Chiss diplomat graced Malicar with a small smile. "I must say, you are thorough and drive a hard bargain, Mister Raith... but you wouldn't have gotten as far as you have without being an astute businessman" she complimented, then added in a more serious tone.

"Yes... I, Karisa Sabosen, on behalf of the Eternal Empire and the Barony of Verkuyl agree to the terms of the pertaining contract with Interstellar Shipping regarding the transportation of the medical commodities produced here within to the destinations intended throughout the Nation as discussed," the Baroness answered outstretching her hand for a proverbial handshake to seal the deal.

"You know, we should really drink to this new partnership as it is," the Sabosen noble mentioned in afterthought now that the shipping issue was crossed off her ever long list of things to attend to post-haste after taking the reigns over of the Barany to which was in disarray upon the bequeath from the Emperor.

Long legs took the Chiss beauty over to the wet bar in the office suite where she pulled a selection from the cabinet's overhead wine rack with various types of wine glasses hung beneath. "I have been saving this particular bottle of wine I came across for an appropriate occasion. It is one of the grape varietals from the vineyard on my late father's estate... a Chateau Sabosen Reserve Riesling. I hope in the future to have my own vineyard here, well after I have a proper home built on a piece of land I've reserved just down the coastline that is," she nodded happily, then canted her dark head.

"Would you care to do the honors?" Karisa offered, handing over the corkscrew to him, then she chose to address the elephant in the room as the two had unfinished personal business. "So... how have you been, Malicar? I saw you at the meeting on Kalidan a few weeks ago. Alas though, duty prevailed and I was not able to converse with you there. You look well."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom