Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings

Hello, I got invited to this board from another SW RPing site. I'm a pretty good roleplayer, and have had quite a few years of experience. I haven't had a chance to read up on all the rules and intricacies of this universe, just been trying to navigate around the site and figure out how to add a profile picture. :p So...hello all.

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
Athrun Zala said:
I thought the golden rule was to be nice to others? :p
That is correct, but only out-of-character. ;) We have some pretty mean Sith lurking around...

But , welcome! :)

And don't mind the tapioca.

Tapioca?! /me springs and gobbles it up...at least if its pudding.

So I read over the rules, and this place does appeal to me, but I have a question. What is the deal with "please note whether you're bringing over a character from another SWRP universe"?

[member="Athrun Zala"]

Not an expert but...most people create characters here. But there are other boards thatt allow SWRP (not as good as this one of course) and you could - with approval for the Site Staff here - bring one across intact. For example, if you start a Force User here, you have to start as a Padawan. But if you had a Master somewhere else, it might be possible to bring them in at that level. It depends on the site predominantly.

And don't worry, somebody more proficient than me will come along and correct me if I've said anything wrong.

(And don't forget to 'Mention' people or they don't know you're speaking to them. It's the little link below the profile picture and it adds an @ and their name that then sends them a notification that you've spoken to them).

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Ah, I was wondering why you kept doing that. Well, I have actually RPed on Legacies, but I don't really want to carry a character across from there. Willing to do a parallel universe version of a character from SWC, but that's about it...basic personality, same name, but different backstory and history. For that matter, I don't know if I want to be FS or not. (Character isn't FS in SWC, but he might be, don't know yet.) Right now I'm trying to figure out where a "good guy" might go to.

[member="Athrun Zala"]

Well I'm biased when it comes to the good guys. And there's a good mix of Force Users (FUs) and non-Force Users (NFUs).

Check out the various Factions (link near the top right). Most allow you to see their front page to see what they're about.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]
[member="Asterion"]

Well that helps with the "now", but I'm trying to figure out what factions existed 32 years ago and up...trying to figure out where my character might have learned skills and served.

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
[member="Athrun Zala"]

Safe to say, in the way of things here, most Factions would have been up and running for a long time, even with the smallest seeds planted.

There is no real set "time limit" for how long a character could have progressed, so if you find a Faction that you think suits, you could easily establish a '5 years previous...' thread to set your character up in the early development stages.

Imagination is only the real limit. :)

[member="Asterion"]

Well, I was thinking perhaps serving in the Imperial Royal Guard in the early stages of his life would suffice, but did the Empire exist around 800ABY?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom