Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Greener Pastures

Accordingly, the refugees started to line up as requested. Despite their hardships, they largely remained civil and cooperative. It was nice to see. Most camps like this acted that way, but every so often there were individuals who succumbed to an 'every man for himself' mentality. Scarce resources and a fear of looming threats could bring out the worst in people. But it could also bring out their greatest strengths. Helpers, leaders, and protectors, all revealed by the circumstances they found themselves in.

As they started working their way through the line, they eventually were met by a pair of young children. The girl dubbed Amani the "Green Lady". The mirialan blinked, and smiled a bit bashfully at being recognized, especially in such a reverent manner. She touched her hair as it was mentioned, but before she could interject, Minerva took the words right out of her mouth. The Mandalorian even took her helmet off, and Amani used the chance to study the woman's features for herself. A history of battle was etched across her face, but it hadn't diminished her warmth.

"It's okay," Amani chuckled, "She's right though. You're already pretty," The healer retrieved an appropriate amount of supplies for a family of three, kneeling down to hand them to both kids, "Everything's gonna be alright. Here. Take this with you and relax for a bit. Try not to eat everything all at once," She chuckled again. The kids nodded their heads repeatedly, then took off back to their tent.

Tag: Amani Serys Amani Serys

The Mandalorian watched Talem and Liaa walk away with the latter excitedly talking about what they just went through. She shook her head at the wonder of children. In a way those two unknowingly inspired Minerva. They had hardship and faced an uncertain future even with the war's end yet they have each other and their mother from the sound of it. It was in a certain manner like how she and her father managed alone in the galaxy.

Realizing she still had her helmet off, Minerva remarked to Amani as the latter continued to hand out aid.

"It's true that some of my vod don't ever show their faces to people but I do not follow that tradition. While I do respect and admire their dedication, that doesn't define me. We all have different interpretations of our Creed. Besides, it's easier for me to eat and drink without the hassle."

She quickly laughed while keeping the helm at the hip and keeping a steady eye for any sign of trouble in their surroundings.

Last edited:
"The alternative certainly seems inconvenient," Amani remarked, though she couldn't claim to understand all the nuances, "Still, there is something admirable about the dedication," Like other groups across the galaxy, taking vows to forgo different comforts or pleasures, in some ways it was quite similar. Jedi as a whole used to be much more strict about the finer things in life.

One by one, refugees approached the supply van, receiving whatever could be afforded with gratitude. They were down to the last remaining stock, and even had a little bit left over. Amani mulled over the surplus, then decided, "We'll take it back with us, I think. Save it for the next round of resupply just in case we find ourselves short there." Sometimes there were complications, and it was better to be safe than sorry. The mirialan pushed it back into the back of the speeder trunk, and smacked the side of it, "I dunno about you, but I'm worn out," All day on her feet, while pregnant no less. Even the relievers needed some relief for themselves from time to time.

Putting the helmet back on Minerva replied.

"I can't say the same for myself. You did the heavy work, I just stood guard."

The latter is essential but what her pregnant Jedi charge had done was far more commendable. Through the T-Visor she looked around, noting Rhon was waving goodbye at the young lady he flirted with earlier as she departed with her father.

"Rhon, we're heading out!" Minerva barked, which immediately transformed Rhon's grin into an expression of shocked realization.

Knowing his sergeant he ran past her and Amani with speed he earned in childhood. The Mandalorian was barely able to suppress a chuckle at his expense. If he really likes the girl he'll be able to see her once getting leave time. Of course a long term relationship might be out of the question but that wasn't any of Minerva's business unless Rhon let it inference with his duties. Making sure to stay beside Amani as they walked back to their speeder something occurred to the warrior but she hesitated.

Turning to the Jedi she finally admitted.

"Uh Amani there is something else about my birth parents that I didn't mention earlier. Their names were Garvan and Lena and they were from…Alderaan.”

Last edited:
Amani shrugged, "Hey, that is what you're here to do after all. And it is appreciated," She didn't really like feeling as if she needed to be protected, but this was a vulnerable time for the Chief Healer, given her pregnancy. It was about the safety of her babies, and the other innocents around them, far more than herself. If it curbed the chances of trouble showing up, she was happy to take the help.

Their speeder started up again, and they were soon ready to head back out. Amani was lost in pleasant thoughts, until Minerva spoke up and got her attention. The mention of Alderaan made her perk up, "Well, I guess we have something in common then," She smiled softly, "At least, by association." A chuckle. Clearly the mirialan did not hail from the same planet, but as she mentioned before, her husband did, "Have you ever been back there?" She stepped into the speeder, and soon they were off. A few of the kids playing around the came waved the vehicle goodbye.

Why am I telling her all this? Minerva asked even as she waved back at the children.

Quickly the answer came to her mind once she sat down in the backseat. It made the warrior close her eyes inside the helmet. For most of her life she had focused on proving and being a Mandalorian. Her Alderaanian heritage had at best been an idle curiosity but not much else or so she claimed to herself.

Rhon didn't bother to ask permission from the pair as he activated the speeder and it lifted off the ground slightly with engine blaring. Watching the street briefly he subsequently made a u-turn, heading back to base. Minerva pondered further on why she hadn't bothered with Alderaan.

I never knew my birth parents but it's not their fault. We just never had the opportunity to be a family and instead Jorel raised me. He did offer from time to time to take me to Alderaan as a youth but yet I always found a reason or another not to. The fact of the matter is though Alderaanian by blood, I am not an Alderaanian.

Keeping those thoughts confined she gave Amani an answer with the shake of her head.

"No, I haven't been there. Keep hearing it's beautiful though. What's it like?"

Last edited:
Amani nodded, "It is beautiful. Lush forest and rolling hills, scenic mountains. They take a lot of effort to preserve the environment and live in harmony with it. I think that's part of what makes it so appealing. It's not just the landscape, but the people there actually strive to do right by others and the world they live on." The peaceful planet was so renowned for a reason, after all.

"My husband oversaw the construction of a place called Sanctuary City there. It's pretty much what the name implies. A home for refugees from different parts of the galaxy. It's where that Tython park I mentioned was. They had a few others like it for other planets as well. It's all very admirable, in my eyes." She paused a moment, lost in thought, before continuing, "So yeah. I'd recommend taking a chance to visit the world if you can. It could be a nice getaway, maybe a chance to reconnect with a part of your past."

Reconnect with the past…The question is did she even want to? Hours ago Minerva would've denied the idea. Now though after spending time with Amani her mind began to think otherwise. The wind blowing upon her gear she thought of what her adopted father once said long ago.

‘Minerva, you are my child and I am your father that never changes. Nevertheless Garvan and Lena gave you life. They loved you first and dreamed of raising you but it was taken from them and the responsibility fell to me instead. Acknowledging them doesn't make you any less Mandalorian. Stop hiding daughter, it will only fester the wound.’

The memory caused her to look down at the speeder floor. For years Jorel tried to tell her but she ignored it and even long after he passed on. Would I end up ignoring him as well to bury the pain? But how could I love people I never got to know? Lifting her helm up again Minerva then remembered the holoimages of her birth parents that Jorel would show on occasion.

The one that stood out the most was Lena pregnant with her beaming down the child in the womb. There was Garven beside her holding his wife lovingly from one shoulder and grasping the opposite hand. The way they cherished one another and her while still in the womb now spoke to her more than ever before. At last she knew the answer.

Taking off the helmet to look Amani in the eyes. Minerva's expression was more humble and grateful.

"I'll consider it Amani, thank you. Kot bal iupr at gar bal gar sara'gagr.”

Pausing the speeder drove the market again Minerva explained with a grin.

”That’s means strength and joy to you and your kin.”

Last edited:
The speeder slowed to a stop as it entered the plaza once more. People continued to mill about, exchanging data and supplies. Amani studied Minerva's face more intently as she removed her helmet again, and smiled softly, "Thank you. And likewise. I hope you find what you're looking for."

She hopped off of the speeder and stretched, "I'll be able to wrap up my work from here. Thank you again for your help. Take care of yourself." With a nod, she turned to leave, almost immediately happened upon by another administrator with new questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom