Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
3061267-green-smoke-on-black.jpg
Intent: Drug to cut communication between Midi-Chlorian

Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/61631-the-experiments/

Manufacturer: Umbrella Interest Company

Model: Ammonium Carbonate Hydroelectric

Availability: Select Customers

Modularity: None

Production: Placed on the Rare Items List

Materials: Chemical Components

Description: The Biological Company Umbrella Interest wished to have a handle on knowledge that could hold a FU off. That was when the companies CEO Jaster Awaud found the creature, the Ysalamir. It took months just to secure a large enough gathering of the creatures before Jaster was able to experiment on the creatures. From there Jaster as a scientist began to try and figure out why the creatures were able to null a force users connection to the force, and after long long months, he figured it out.

After nearly a year of studying the creatures and the organs within the creature Jaster was able to figure out how they did it. The creature compressed organic pollens they collected from the tree leafs they spend all their life's on within their bodies. This then created a chemical compound in the form of gas from the heat of the body and released back into the resonators system. From there the gas was exhaled and then released into the surrounding air, only able to last for around several minutes before combing with the atmosphere.

Jaster was then able to break down the compound into its rare elemental connections. The chemical itself was able to make its way into the Midi-Chondrites within the host of all living organisms. Once in the system it returned to it liquid state and forms a jello like coating around the Midi-Chondrites. This only last for a few seconds, but if still in range of the gas it will continue to coat the organism until it runs out or the host leaves the effected area. The gass can effect the host up to 23 meters away, farther if in the confounds of a building.

From the broken down components of the chemical compound, it was easy to be reproduced on a massive scale. Jaster however has other ideas and decided to place it in a very secure bunker that was nearly impenetrable to even a orbital bombardment. He wished to control the market of the compound and decided to sell it as a rare item that required Jasters signature.

To the absolute best of my knowledge, this is not how Ysalamiri or the Ysalamiri Effect function. As far as I am aware, the Force Negation is an active/passive force ability created by the living creature itself, much like a Jackobeast's Force Push ability. I wouldn't think that the ability could be mimicked by chemical processes, much in the same way and for the same reasons that only whole, living Ysalamiri are capable of creating the effect.

Please stand by though while I research the matter for you.

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

Alright. After conferring with three judges and a former admin, I think I have an answer for you.

What you are proposing here is, in effect, a board-wide retcon of Ysalamiri and the means through which they effect Force Users and the Force in general.
Here and there, we allow such things to go through the factory when it related to a vague bit of canon technology and an individual has come up with a science-heavy means to explain what it does, how it does it, and what its limitations are.

We generally love that stuff when it comes though here.

But what you're proposing here is not an addendum to Ysalamiri that explains what, how, and what limitations. It is a hard left turn.
Now... the primary source material here comes from the Thrawn and Hand of Thrawn books. So we'll compare what we can get from them to what you're proposing.

You wish to make it that Ysalamiri ingest pollen from Olbio Trees and exhale a form of gas. Should that gas touch an individuals skin or be inhaled by an individual, said individual would then lose their ability to interact with the force because their ability to communicate with Midi-chondrites is blocked.

Were this the case, this gas would be limited to a specific area. Multiple Ysalamiri exhaling this gas would increase the density of gas in a given area, but would not greatly effect the area over which the gas is spread. The gas would not effect individuals on the other side of walls, sheets of glass, within environmentally sealed suits, or across vacuum.

Unfortunately, that is too large a divergence from accepted canon to allow. The effect created by Ysalamiri operates through vacuum, through walls, through solid glass, and through suits of armor. As more Ysalamiri add their effect to that of other nearby Ysalamiri, the size of the nullified effect grows. Additionally, the bubble of nullification created by Ysalamiri does not require contact with an individual in order to effect their grasp on the Force. Should a Force User attempt an ability that would pass through an area under the effect of Ysalamiri, then that ability will cease to function once it comes into contact with the field.

As I stated before, the effect created by Ysalamiri is a unique Force Ability, much like a Jackobeast's ability to use Force Push... or half the animals from the Avatar cartoon.

It's simply an ability, somewhat magical in nature, that need not be explained or defined. It's just a part of them.

However... This isn't something that I feel needs to be denied on concept.
It's simply a matter of changing the how and the why.

If you remove all mention of Ysalamiri and Olbio Trees and find a new base material/species to start from... I could see this being acceptable with a 50 post dev thread (separate from the one you did, as it heavily revolves around the study of Ysalamiri).

[member="War Hydra"]

Ehh, this is like the 2nd force null drug thread that's been denied, maybe I'm not cut out for this just yet. It took me forever to even find the concepts that would allow this stuff to work.

I understand and I'll continue my search for a possible alternative, thank you for your assistance in creating a canon supported medical drug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom