Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Green Bean Meets Mango

The idea of having a conversation with a Mandalorian wasn't something Shan had been expecting to have, but after having discussions with Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania about his opinion towards them, she had decided to point him in the direction of a "friendly" Mandalorian. Well, if they hadn't tried to shoot Cora in the face, he was sure they were somewhat decent and he'd able to have a conversation with them. That didn't make him any less nervous about it though. He wanted to give some kind of...offering to her, to show that he was coming in good faith. He wasn't sure how they'd feel, considering the whole...war situation. He didn't want to potentially make it worse but well...what's the worst that could happen from a simple discussion. Of course, part of it also felt like a bit of a trap, having to head off to Tattooine for it all...but if Cora trusted the Mandalorian, then Shan did as well! Either way, if he got captured, Cora would take all of the blame.

He had flown over in his interceptor, making sure to bring the tea that Corazona had given him for his birthday. After all, if they were a friend of Cora's, they must have loved tea! Right? Well...Maybe not. But hey. It was the thought that count, right? Either way, the Mirialan made his way over towards the cantina that he was meant to meet Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze at. Making sure to keep his lightsaber hidden at this point. He made sure to keep his blaster in visual though. His naivety had started to fade after plenty of different experiences that was starting to bother him. If anything, the Mirialan was far too paranoid, but he wanted to put himself out there to try and learn more. He had to learn more. Try and be a better representation of a Jedi, after all. Plenty of Jedi had died when he was captured by the Sith and he had been able to leave...so he had to get better. He had to face his own bias, which this entire meeting was about.

Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | Tattooine
| Objective | Meet the kid, pass on some wisdom.

"You must be the kid."

Jenn's voice from the back of the cantina when Shan walked in. The patrons were few, and content to keep to themselves - few heads turned her way when she greeted the new arrival. Although she was by no means a regular on Tatooine, what with how hellish the conditions were to an Ersansyr like herself, the armor she wore said enough. Namely, that it would be best for onlookers to redirect their attention elsewhere: her people held something of a reputation, here more than anywhere else. And, even without knowing her name, they knew that of another - none other than the Guildmaster of the Mandalorian Enclave, who called Tatooine his home. Far more so than any other world.

"Well, you're here now. Come on, sit down, ask your questions." There was no hostility in her voice, and... frankly, not much of anything. No, if anything, she seemed calm, and clearly in control of herself. Reaching over to take a pitcher of water, she refilled her own glass - and then, another one, clearly meant for the Padawan. And yet, the helmet stayed on: the mysterious figure merely lifted it up enough for the glass to reach her lips as she drank, before slipping it back down with a hiss of pressurization.

"Hey! I'm an adult...now..."

Shan grumbled ever so slightly. Great work. Already making a bad impression. The Mirialan pinched the bridge of his nose before glancing down to the glass of water being filled. Sitting himself down carefully. "If you want...I have some tea. Cora prepared it for me, for my birthday." With that, Shan pulled out the Ukatian Tea Blend, giving an awkward smile in response. "If that's not your cup of tea...Heh. I have this as well." Shan rummaged around in his pocket and just pulled out a plain old knife that he had gotten. It wasn't anything fancy, but he thought that Mandalorians would like the simplicity of a "gift" like that. Something designed to protect yourself but also to kill.

"I don't know what to ask first." Be honest. Be blunt if he had to. Shan was used to trying to sugarcoating things, but if he wanted to learn as much as he could, he had to be blunt. "I'll be honest. I don't like the idea of the Mandalorian people. I don't like the stories I've been told. But...they're just that. The /idea/. The /stories/. I don't know what the actual people are like. So...I want to know what they're actually like." With that, Shan leaned back once he had managed to actually sit down, linking his hands together for a moment. "I won't say I know everything. I really don't. And I won't say I am without my bias, because...well no-one can really get rid of their bias. But..." The Mirialan rested his chin on his hands for a moment, a frown spreading across his face. He wanted to believe in the good of people. The good of the Galaxy...but the Sith seemed to be proving him wrong, and so did the stories of the Mandalorians. But he couldn't put his faith fully in the stories.

"...I want to believe the Mandalorians have good and bad people, as much as any other group does. But...I've only heard of the bad. So. Yeah. I want to know what you do. What are you like? Is...everything death and destruction? I doubt it, but that's what a lot of the stories say."
He frowned at that thought, sighing to himself afterwards. By the Force, was he just going around in a circle?

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | Tatooine
| Objective | Instruct the Padawan

An adult now? Oh, stars bring me patience.

To her credit, the Mandalorian did nothing to interrupt him, merely staring him down from behind the shape of her Y visor. Silent and... doubtlessly intimidating. The reputation of her people as merciless killers was, in part, cultivated by them, and for good reason: terrified prey became all the easier to outmaneuver, after all. Some merely viewed it as a practical matter, whereas others carried it over to religion, walking a different path than their brethern. And, frustratingly enough, outsiders often found themselves unable to tell just where Jenn landed at first glance, so intent was she on keeping her helmet on around strangers. And not merely for the protection it afforded.

"I very much enjoy tea", reassured Jenn, the helmet's speakers further adding to the dehumanization of the figure behind it. Then, she reached for the knife slowly, making sure not to scare the young man with a sudden gesture on her part, looking over the blade carefully, appraising it as only a smith can. "I have little use for this, but I thank you for your intent nonetheless." Carefully, she placed the knife back down on the table. No matter how inexpressive she might seem now, she was, at the very least, polite. Not exactly the picture of warmth, but polite nonetheless.

When Shan spoke once more, this time of her people, she waited for him to finish, patiently so - and practically unmoving, studying his features from behind the anonymity of her helmet. There was something... so very endearing about him. If nothing else, the boy seemed to be rather earnest. In spite of the negative opinion he held of her people, he sought to be proven wrong, to challenge his worldview! And in this, she respected him. This was not one of the arrogant fools whose insults only added kindling to the fire. How could she prove the Crusaders wrong, when the aruetii behaved themselves so, regarding her people as barbarians?

"We are warriors", began the Nite Owl simply, her voice firm. "Hunters, all. Although I am Kayatr'ade, a smith of my people rather than a Supercommando, a Pilot, or even a Bounty Hunter, I am expected to fight- and to fight well. We respect martial might immensely, and that is no bad thing. When we are at peace, we prepare for the next war. That, in itself, is no evil - some wars are worth fighting, and there must always be heroes." Perhaps a little self-aggrandizing in the eyes of some, but certainly honest to a fault. "But war is, unfortunately, not quite an affair of black and white. Not often, at any rate. You will come to realize that it is a matter of black and grey, or even grey and grey." There was some bitterness to her tone now, although she was quick to banish it. Neither of them could avoid the fact that she should, by all accounts, be treating him as a foe. And yet... here she was. A proud warrior of her people, conversing with him cordially - a friend to the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order.

"But war and destruction do not define us. Smiths, such as myself, are respected for our ability to create, rather than destroy. The shamans of our people are revered for their wisdom as well, ensuring that we do not stray off the path too far. We are warriors all, but even those who define themselves by their skill at war choose to protect our people. The Karjr keep us and our allies safe, the Si'kayha ensure that invaders are repelled, the Bes'kyrade defend skies and space from fleets who would doom us all again. We are a family of families, Clans united to see our people prosper. Even the Crusaders among us fight for home, misplaced as their fury against your kind may be - in this, all Mandalorians are in agreement. We fight for family, and home. For a chance at a safe haven where we can raise our children in peace and safety, to let them grow in our arms."

Realizing that she had, in fact, been rambling (in no small part to her gills allowing her to talk continuously without a stop for air), she lifted her helmet with a hiss of depressurization once more - just high enough for another sip from her glass. Only her chin was revealed, before she lowered it again, and let it repressurize.

"Am I making sense to you so far?"

Last edited:
Shan listened. Patiently of course. Patience was somewhat of a virtue that he was only just able to hold onto. There were a few frowns at what Jenn had said, mostly from him finding it hard to believe...but that's exactly why he wanted to come to this meeting. So he could try to believe it. There were a few points that Shan wanted to jump into the conversation, but he kept his patience. She deserved that at least. At least, that was what he believed. She may potentially be an enemy to the GA...but that didn't make her Shan's enemy. He had no enemies, at least in his eyes. There were obviously people who disliked him. Who'd see him as their enemy but...Shan saw that as ultimately being pointless. Most people's ultimate goal was survival, so why would that make them his enemy? Either way, he sipped at his water for a moment, not flinching as Jenn took her knife. As much as it made sense for him to be on his guard...There was already a sign of trust from him, since he doubted she'd harm him right now.

"The fact I have came to talk to you, I feel like should show that I don't believe any war is simply black and white. If I did, I wouldn't want to be in your general position. Because plenty of people see the situation as the Alliance being the good side and the Mandalorians being the bad side." The Mirialan sipped at his water, keeping a frown on his face. It was...strange for him. Normally he was all smiles, but there were just pure frowns on his face at the present moment. "But I understand that isn't the case. There are good and bad Mandalorians. In the same way there are good and bad Jedi." Also in the same way that there were bad and good Sith...but those mostly leaned towards the Bad. "It's just...my personal belief, that martial might is not the end all and be all. Fighting comes...unnaturally to me. Healing is far simpler. But I understand that is my own view, and I shouldn't push it onto others."

Now came to a potential opportunity that he might indirectly offend her...but it was better to be blunt than leave things unsaid, as he leaned forward ever so slightly. "Which is why I believe I am...against your people's beliefs. I may be misguided, that...I will admit. But I have been told how your people will conquer other planets, and force them to join your beliefs, though I have also been told that you integrate other beliefs into yours...I am not sure how I feel about it." Shan sighed to himself, running a hand through his hair as he tried to figure out what he wanted to say.

"...How can you say that you are looking for a safe haven to raise your children, when you are constantly preparing for another war? Surely in a war, nowhere is safe. Yet your people are always looking to fight from the sound of it. Those two points just...seem to go against each other. I don't mean offense, though I may have done that already, and if so, I apologise. I have a...habit of doing that with warrior cultures. Mandalorians, Echani. I'm...not overly fond of either."

At that, Shan linked his hands together again and stared off to the side of the cantina, keeping his eyes off Jenn. "...I know what some people may say about that. That I'm a coward. That I'm weak for not wanting to fight. That I can't protect people. And...in some ways, I suppose they're right." He was weak. He couldn't save anyone but...that didn't mean he couldn't learn. He could get stronger. He could learn. That's what all of this was for. "But at the same time...I believe standing up for your beliefs is important. If you can't stand by your own beliefs, what can you stand by?" That was another side of him. Normally, he'd just say what he believed in, and let people say how foolish he was for it...but he was starting to gain more confidence in that aspect of him. If he believed in something, he was going to stand by it, no matter what.

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | Tatooine

The Mirialan was something of an oddity to Jenn. There was a certain wisdom to him, in spite of his youth: he professed his understanding that war was often an affair marked with shades of gray, and clearly sought to challenge his worldview by agreeing to meet her here. Clearly, she had no intention to discourage such a quality - no matter how his words made her frown beneath her helmet. Outwardly, all he could see her do was stare, after all, the Y-shaped visor granting her a certain unfair advantage when it came to hiding her expression. Then again, perhaps one could reach out through the Force and try to feel her emotions, as Valery had done on their first meeting.

"We do conquer", spoke the Mandalorian calmly. "Some would argue conquest is a part of our heritage - others would point out that our time as great conquerors has often preceded a catastrophic fall, attracting the eyes of many foes. Our culture is hardly monolithic, and disagreements do occur." Which side she landed on was something she saw no reason to elaborate on unless asked - this was not what he had asked, after all. Instead, she chose to mark her point with a story, reaching over to take the pitcher and pouring water into her own glass as well as his. "When the Sith razed Mandalore, I lost my entire Clan. A Clan that endured the many hardships faced by my people throughout untold centuries. I know of only one other who bears the name Kryze, these days - only one I can call sister. And many, many others suffered the same fate, as we were forced to flee for our lives, living in fear. Knowing that we were only ever one patrol away from a covert being discovered and annihilated. By preparing for war, we ensure that we are never caught unaware again - by anyone. If you want peace, then you must be prepared for war, and so we vowed to never be found wanting ever again. And if we are to endure in this galaxy, the Crusaders among us argue that we need to expand, to retake those worlds that were rightfully ours before our decline. History will prove whether they are right or wrong. But this, I know: never again will my people be scattered to the stars, as seeds upon the wind. We are not without blame for this war - I understand the Jedi, peacekeepers that they are, cannot stand idly by as we ask worlds to submit or be conquered. But we were not the ones to declare war."

There was determination in her voice: an uncompromising belief in the future of her people at the tip of a spear. And yet, there was no admonishment from her, no scorn, no spiteful accusation of the meddling of the Jedi on Ryloth that sparked a string of Mandalorian conquests into a galactic war. And, perhaps most notably, no condemnation of the Mirialan before her for his distaste for her people's beliefs. Many others would have dismissed him at best, or engaged him at worse. By and large, the Mandalorians were tired of being looked down upon.

"All of us fight for our homes, and our future. In this, we are in agreement, and we know that there is nothing to do now but to see this war through to the end, so that there will be a tomorrow for our people. You are hardly the only one to stand against our beliefs - but you are one of the few not to belittle them. There is more than war to our culture. Martial might need not define us, although some let it." It was hopeless, she knew that much. Try as he might to understand, the young man's beliefs were contrary to her own, no matter how moderate she was by the standards of her people. If a time ever came to her where she would have to choose between her people and the Jedi, her choice would be all too simple. She suspected the same of the young man who sat before her, and yet... when he averted his gaze and spoke of his own perceived cowardice, she tilted her head to the side, clearly curious.

"How amusing, that you would inform me of this struggle of yours, out of all people. You see, a long, long time ago, one of my Clan became Mand'alor, leader of all Mandalorians. And then, she gave up the title, and proclaimed her belief in pacifism." The thought would be revolting to some of the Crusaders, she knew that much - and she found herself disagreeing with this ancestor of her Clan and her beliefs, to be sure. Still... there had been some wisdom to her, and Jenn endeavored to study the past to better prepare for the future. "For a time, she had her way. My people were all too tired of war, and so Mandalore became a world of pacifism and neutrality. She was an enlightened ruler, mindful of the well-being of her people... but, in time, her pacifism would spell her doom, and that of her cause. Those Mandalorians who still clung to the old ways toppled her rule eventually, and ended this chapter of our history."

Another depressurization of the helmet. Another long and greedy sip of water. A pause, to afford the young man time to digest her words, and understand just how closely Mandalorians had come to being a people of reformed pacifists.

"It was a bitter lesson, but a lesson nonetheless. Infighting is our greatest enemy, and laying down our arms could lead only to ruin, brought from within or without. Do not be ashamed of your beliefs. Although flawed, this Duchess of my Clan was a great woman, remembered still - in spite of what some might call her naivete. There is no shame in your desire to heal, rather than fight: both arts are to be respected, for they both bring salvation. Cutting off the head of the Sith is a warrior's prerogative, for instance, but it leads to saved lives - just as a healer will save that warrior and many others."

Last edited:
Sensing emotions was something that Shan was never good at. Empathically or through the Force. So either way, he'd have had no clue what Jenn was thinking under her helmet, but he wouldn't pry. People were entitled to their own thoughts. So he wouldn't try to pry into other people's emotions or their minds. If they offered their thoughts, that was a different situation but this was different. Jenn probably preferred her privacy and so Shan was going to stay with his own thoughts, listening to the Mandalorian talk. There was still a frown on his face, as he was trying to digest all of the information. Interestingly enough, she was making sense to Shan. He still didn't agree with the idea of the culture, of conquering and killing people but...He could also understand why it was needed to protect people.

"...Does this mean I don't want peace? I'm not prepared for war. Far from it. I don't think it'll ever be something I'll be ready for..." The Mirialan looked down at his hands for a moment, taking in a deep breath. "Like I said. Fighting is unnatural to me. The only fights I've "won" have been when I gave into anger. When I fought a Sith for a first time. When my father tried to shoot me." Why was he opening up to a Mandalorian? Perhaps because she was someone he had expected to be judging him, but instead appeared to be open to his opinion. It was somewhat of a relief for him and took some stress of his shoulders. "...I don't want your people to be scattered. Far from it. People deserve a chance to live. To be safe. To feel safe."

He wasn't sure if that would come as a surprise to the Mandalorian. After all, he had just been saying that he disagreed with her culture completely, but now he was saying how he wanted them to be able to live. To not have to be afraid. "I don't want the Alliance and Enclave to be enemies. I don't...understand much of the politics, I'll be honest. Or how vast the Enclave used to be...I just don't want to fight in this war, when it's pointless. There's no need for it." It was interesting however to him, that the Mandalorians had nearly became a pacifist society...but he shook his head afterwards, the frown on his face only growing as he took in her words once more. "I'm not...a fool blinded by my pacifism. I know a purely pacifistic society is doomed to collapse eventually. Either from the inside or by the outside. People always eventually get tired of war...but like most things that we get tired of, once we've rested from it, we want to go back to it. Killing is in most people's nature. It is natural. Which is why...I feel unnatural. Anger, fighting, none of that comes to me naturally to me." It was similar to a conversation he had with Corazona when he had first met her. Shan wasn't entirely sure if he was broken or not. Only the most extreme of circumstances could get him to fight someone, unless it was in self defense...

"...It's not amusing that I come to you with my struggles however. It's simple. I trust you." He was blunt about that fact. He wouldn't tell anyone about his struggles unless he trusted them. "Corazona trusts you. And so does Master Valery. I presume at least." At that, he linked his hands together, interlocking his fingers as the Mirialan frowned, at himself. "...I am a fool of a healer. I'll heal my allies, alongside my enemies. I am likely to heal the warrior AND the Sith. I know it's foolish but...I don't know why I do it."

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | Tatooine

"Giving in to anger leads to the Dark Side", spoke the Mandalorian calmly, practically quoting the rhetoric of a Jedi verbatim. "Even those who are not blessed by the Manda must take care not to let it consume them. Some would tell you that righteous fury is quite a thing to behold, and they would be right- but anger is a fire, and rages out of control all too often." There was a pause, then, as she calmly brought a finger towards the knife offered to her earlier, tapping a finger insistently on the flat of the blade, as if looking to drive her point home. "It is better not to fight, than to strike out in anger and lose yourself to the Sith." That much, she and the Jedi could agree on. Although she held some rather conflicted feelings concerning individual Sith, believing them capable of returning to the Light, she held no delusions when it came to their creed. Thorough eradication was the only way to ensure their perverse influence could be stamped out.

"I wish things were different. I wish this war had not come to pass. But this is the reality we live in, and no good comes of rejecting reality. One day, my path may yet cross with the Grandmaster on the field of battle. And... I can only pray that when this day comes to pass, I have the strength to do what I must." One might just find the woman monstrous, to speak so calmly of such grim business - openly admitting that she would fight, and indeed kill a close friend in the name of her people and their future if it came down to it. "There must always be warriors, to protect worthy causes. You are not lesser for choosing to be a healer rather than a warrior. You, too, prop up a cause you believe in... your only weakness, young man, is the purity of your belief. You would heal both the warrior and the Sith because you want to help people. You want to preserve, rather than destroy, and that is a beautiful sentiment- but one that will, eventually, disrupt the attempts of your comrades to keep you safe."

Jenn fell quiet as the Padawan began to mention Corazona as well as Valery. Her intent to tell him that it was amusing for a pacifist to come seeking a Mandalorian, and, out of all, finding one of those rare survivors of a Clan once renowned for its attempt at pacifism... died in her throat. Her thoughts turned to her difficult relation with the Jedi - ancient foes of her people, yet allies as well on a few key occasions. And among the ranks of those mystics... friends. Steadfast and true, worthy of her admiration, her respect, her warmth.

"I know it does. That's why I don't fight. I train, to try and defend. To protect. But not to fight." Shan said, rather bluntly. It was something that he was trying to get over with. He couldn't be focused on the idea of fighting, and winning against people. His goal had to be protecting others. It's what had stopped him from killing the Sith back on Elom. Reminding himself that he was there to protect the people evacuating. He had to have something to keep him focused on his goals, instead of letting his emotions take control. But that wasn't what he should be focused on right now, instead listening to Jenn.

His frown grew when Jenn said she'd kill Valery if it came down to it. How could anyone say that about someone who was meant to be their friend? Shan could never do that. At least he liked to believe he couldn't. He struggled to fight people he barely knew. So to hear that someone could kill their friend...It was vile to him. But he tried to push that thought down. He shouldn't be judging. It wasn't his life. Jenn had plenty of different experiences than he had, and so he shouldn't judge her from his perspective. Though as Jenn spoke, it was almost like she had flipped a switch for Shan. His frustration and anger starting to build up all of a sudden. Before she then mentioned how his actions could disrupt his allies trying to protect him, which seemingly caused Shan to snap out of nowhere...or at least it seemed to be out of nowhere before he started talking.

"And who said I deserve to be protected? To be kept safe? Why should I be the one who lives? I'm the weak one. I'm one of dozens who got captured by the Sith, but I'm still alive. Why? Out of all the Jedi captured on Thule, Corazona and I are the only ones who were left alive. And I can only assume that I survived because I'm lucky." The Mirialan snapped away, turning his head away from Jenn as there were a few tears starting to build up on the Padawan's face. Trailing down and dropping onto the table which his hands were clenched around, gripping onto it almost as if he was holding onto something for dear life. "I want to help people. But do I deserve to help people, when I'm only alive through pure luck?" He didn't deserve it. He didn't deserve to be able to help people, when there were other Jedi who weren't alive anymore. When he was only alive because of good luck. Shan sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose as he tried to calm himself down. "I...Forget I said any of that. It's not important."

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | Tatooine

Seeing a Padawan so angry was something of a surprise to her at first - but she quickly rationalized it all after a moment's thought. It made sense, of course: his training was not yet complete, and so emotions came to him more easily, and perhaps so did outbursts... or he had just reached the end of what he could bottle up in himself. Whatever the case may be, the Mandalorian kept quiet, seemingly content to give him the room to pour out all of his emotions, to weep if he had to - and lash out against her, if that was what it took.

"I will not", answered the warrior at last when the Mirialan asked her to forget about his outburst. "It is far from irrelevant." There was a hint of gentleness to her voice now, even though it remained firm: perhaps not unlike the intonation taken by a patient teacher. "Conviction demands strength, and you stand fast in your beliefs, no matter how much I may disagree with them. You are not weak. Forget all about what you deserve, young Padawan. There are many in this galaxy who deserve freedom and kindness, but all they are ever going to get is the lash. And there are many, many more who deserve only death and defeat, and find glory and riches instead."

Carefully, she stood up and reached out over the table, tapping her index as well as middle finger over his heart. "All that matters is what lies here... and here", she continued, bringing them over to tap his forehead, before sitting back down.

"It is irrelevant. I'm only here, because I'm lucky and "made the right friends" Shan made quote marks with his fingers at that. If anything, it might have proved his urge to make friends with everyone actually right. Since if he hadn't been friendly with Cora when they first met, he might not have been kept alive. Ripples in the Force. One of the things he always liked to believe in, but right now? He couldn't. He couldn't believe that it was a positive thing that he had survived when other people had. But he had to stay focused on the topic at hand. Jenn came here to answer his questions, not to see him get all mopey.

"I didn't always stand strong in my beliefs. Or at least...I didn't stand up for them." A sigh came in response to that, resting his head on his hand as he stared off to the side. "I just let people say what they want. It's just...there was someone who told me that I should stand up for what I say. That it's nice to see." He wasn't sure about that himself. But if they had said that, why shouldn't he believe them?

"I don't have much in my head. I have plenty in my heart but...I'm more book smart, than I am street smart." Which is amusing, considering he had been raised on Nar Shaddaa. It was less that he didn't have street smarts and more that...well...he ignored those smarts. He just wanted to help people at the end of the day, even if it meant he was going to be in danger. "I'm sorry for this. We were meant to be talking about Mandalorians and I've got all damned emotional..."

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | Tatooine

The Mandalorian lifted her hand to stop him as the Mirialan began to apologize. "There is no need to apologize, young Padawan. And even if there was, I forgive you for your outburst." Standing up from her seat, she took the tea he had offered earlier with one hand, resting the other on his shoulder soon thereafter. "Take a breather. Collect your thoughts. I will go and see if I can get that tea prepared." And with that, she left him at the table with nothing but his own thoughts, walking on over to the bar. Judging by the way the bartender scratched his head, the request was rather... unorthodox. Who would visit a cantina to drink tea, after all? Nevertheless, her request for boiling water was eventually accommodated - and generously paid for, if only so that the confused bartender would simply pocket the credits and forget about it all. There were far stranger sights on Tatooine, after all.

"Tell me- do you know how long one typically leaves this tea to brew?" asked the Mandalorian as she returned to their table with a kettle and two cups, her every motion betraying just how familiar she was with it all. All but forced to swear off alcohol as she was after her transformation, she had to find... other beverages to enjoy. Tea, and its various blends throughout the galaxy, was something of a pleasant solution for her, and this particular blend - she was not familiar with.

Or the dramatic effects it might have if brewed incorrectly.

"Please. Just call me Shan." He sighed at that, running his hand through his hair, trying to make sure he had gotten most of his frustration out of his system. Jenn was being patient with him. Something he hadn't expected out of a Mandalorian. If anything, it meant this entire thing had been worthwhile for him. It was helping to further change his opinion of the Mandalorians. Perhaps they weren't as bad as he thought they were. Though he shook his head, watching Jenn as she got up to go and prepare the tea. Or at least get the hot water as he tried to calm himself down. He just had to stay focused on the conversation, instead of dwelling on his own issues.

Shan blinked however at Jenn's question, shaking his head. "erh...No. I've never been one for tea. Always been too rich for my taste. I only have that set since Cora got it for my birthday...and I didn't have the heart to tell her I don't like tea. I've been looking for a reason to use it." A small chuckle escaped his mouth at that. He wasn't the kind of person to throw out a gift that someone had given him. He would just...try to find a way to repurpose it, like he was right now. It seemed like it was a gift that was far more accepted than the knife he had brought. "I can try to see if I can message Cora, to ask?"

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | Tatooine
| Objective | Tea Time. What could go wrong?

Jenn was not quite as motherly and warm with Shan as she was with others, to be sure - but she remained a shockingly patient presence, in spite of her rather... inexpressive tone and cold exterior. After all, the armor gave nothing away, and she seemed rather intent on keeping the helmet on. That she had removed it so often in the presence of Jedi was a weakness, and one she intended to remedy. "You may call me Jenn", answered the Mandalorian as the Mirialan introduced himself, even though she had little doubt that he had already been told who she was. His chuckle was met with a thoughtful hum in response as the armored figure carefully brought the tray upon which kettle and cups were placed down onto the table. "Good tea is a rare treat. Would you please try and message your friend? Each brew can have its own... quirks. A particular one I enjoyed before my change required to be brewed for a rather long time, for instance."

There she was, ever polite, patient... perhaps even kind. Such a figure seemed thoroughly unflappable, incapable of suffering from an outburst as he had. But, then again, appearances were often deceiving. Carefully studying the Ukatian Tea, the thought of poisoning passed through her mind. After all, her encounter with Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania had been less than amiable, and this manner of taking revenge would be a little more subtle than blaster or lightsaber. Then again, she was rather confident that anyone worth their salt as an investigator would be able to detect the cause of death... and, frankly, she doubted the Padawan would risk having Shan drink poisoned tea just to get back at her. Closing her eyes, she lifted her helmet up to her nose with that usual hiss. Jenn was content to inhale deeply, taking in the unique fragrance with a slight, but gentle smile.

Revealing so much of her face was a bother, but the pleasant smell was well worth the risk - and the exposure. The sight of her freckled cheeks as well as her gills was just a price she would have to pay, before lowering the helmet back down with another hiss of pressurization.

"Of course Miss Jenn." Shan nodded at her. He was always going to be polite to people Though he was curious when she mentioned something about a change. It wasn't right for him to ask about it however, shaking his head instead. "I'll message Cora. Don't worry about it. She'll probably be happy that I'm finally using the tea instead of just leaving it." With that, Shan pulled out his little datapad and went to work tapping away his message to Cora. Mostly asking for instructions on how to prepare the stuff. He didn't want to risk Jenn having terrible tea because of him giving terrible instructions afterwards. The idea of it being poisoned didn't even cross his mind. Sure, he might have annoyed Cora once or twice in the past, about her getting bitten by a horse, and then saying she looked like a nerf herder but would that have annoyed her enough to poison him?...Maybe. But it wasn't something that would have crossed across his mind.

"Thank you for being...patient with me. Not many people are." Or at least that's how Shan saw it with some of the Jedi he had interacted with. Some of them didn't have the patience for him, or his shenanigans. It was part of why he had been keeping his issues to himself recently. He was far too worried that talking about his concerns would just get people more frustrated with him. He shook his head, trying not to focus on it, turning his attention back towards Jenn and giving her a half hearted smile.

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | Tatooine
| Objective | Tea time

"No need to call me miss. Jenn is more than fine", assured the Mandalorian. How odd it must have been, for the young Mirialan to find her so very disinterested in his well-meaning gift of a knife, preferring the tea instead! But, then again, getting her hands on Ukatian Tea Blend was expensive and difficult enough in times of peace, and she suspected that she might very well be the only Mandalorian to get her hands on such a luxury good now that that the Enclave had brought fire and ruin to Corazona's homeworld. A sobering thought, that...

But, thankfully, Shan's words claimed her attention once more soon enough. "You are most welcome", came the Ersansyr's answer, calm as ever - and perhaps a little comforting. "Growth can only be encouraged through patient teaching. It is a poor teacher, who loses their calm when it comes to their students. Now... if you have more questions, please, do ask them."

"But you deserve respect." Shan said rather simply. It was strange for him to say that about a Mandalorian. Considering how much he had been open about his dislike to them, suddenly saying that one deserved to be shown respect was pretty big for him. Though there was a small frown when Jenn mentioned how poor teachers were the ones who lost their calm when it came to their students. He left out his own opinion about that, though part of that was how there were also the teachers who liked to embarrass their students or make their students feel weak.

"I can't think of any questions. You aren't what I expected in a Mandalorian. You're...I don't have the words for it. I can see why Master Noble and Corazona get along with you." He nodded carefully at that, but he tried to ignore the thought that was in the back of his mind about her saying she'd fight against Valery if it came down to it. That wasn't a thought that he should dwell on. Especially if he wanted to stay on positive terms with Mandalorians.

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | Tatooine
| Objective | Tea Time

"Do I? Many of your friends seem to think otherwise", came the Mandalorian's response. There was no spite here, no reproach: merely a statement of fact, delivered almost flatly. Jenn proved to be calm to a fault, although not quite serene, lacking the softness that would make her a truly warm and comforting presence. Still, she served as an anchor to some, unmoving and undaunted - not in front of them, anyway. After all, she, too, was but flesh and bone, and fallible.

"I am not what you expected in a Mandalorian because you listened to stories, and made your preconceptions from them", she continued as she left the tea to boil, carefully counting the minutes passing by through her helmet's HUD. Six minutes should do, right? Right. Speaking as she did often took other Jedi aback as well: they were not prepared for the heart behind each and every word, the commitment to truth she held on to clearly a surprise to those who expected a cretinous brute. "It's always easier to believe stories. But they are... just that. Stories. Mandalorians are warmongers, and warrior-heroes both. Jedi are mystics and pompous sages. The truth always lies somewhere in the middle."

"I don't have that many friends. So they probably wouldn't disagree with me. Ko might. Maybe Colette..." Shan frowned at that thought, though his cheeks had a bit of a reddish tint on them at the mentioning of Colette. He shook his head however, trying not to focus on that. It was still something that confused him so instead he decided to focus on something that didn't focus him! Mandaloria-...Actually wait no. They still confused him as well. That wasn't fun. Well. He had to stick to one of the topics at hand at least. Shaking his head however as Jenn said that he based his opinion of Mandalorians off stories.

"No. I based my opinion off the rubble and destruction they left behind on Kashyyyk as well. The pain and suffering of the Wookies. It wasn't just off the stories I had been told." Shan said, rather matter of factly. He wasn't trying to be harsh about it. "It's part of why I refuse to let myself get involved in the war officially." He linked his hands together, leaning back in his chair for a moment. "I know I don't have the...strength to hold myself back from being frustrated, or letting my anger get the better of me. So it's just...a situation I need to keep myself away."

Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | Tatooine
| Objective | Tea Time

"Do not seek the company of false friends. Choose the few who will stand by your side, instead."

A tough warning to give to a young man, perhaps, but Jenn believed in honesty, and she would be helping the young Mirialan a lot more if she chose to undertake such a path, even as he spoke of the devastation left in the wake of the Mandalorian assault on Kashyyk. An operation she was, by all accounts, rather unfamiliar with. "This is war", she answered flatly, easily slipping back into the initial positions occupied at the start of their conversation: although a Protector, she certainly did not mince her words. "Tell me, Shan, do you think there will be no... rubble and destruction, when the time comes for the Galactic Alliance to strike back? Do you think we do not grieve for our dead? We have not forgotten the role played by the Jedi in our darkest years, and that I care to choose dialogue over righteous vengeance is enough to offend the most ardent of Crusaders among my people. And there are many among them I will never convince to join my side, because the Jedi took loved ones from them."

Turning her head towards the kettle, Jenn realized that she had gotten somewhat... carried away. Four minutes and thirty-seven seconds? That would do - it was now time for her to pour the tea into the rather plain teacups she had managed to acquire from the confused bartender. Lifting her helmet up with a hiss of depressurization, the Mandalorian brought the rim over to her lips, blowing against it before chancing a tentative sip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom