Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Green Afternoons

MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43.jpg

Green Afternoons
Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Braze Braze

bird_boi_sig.png

Goldwing, Epo-1, R5-T399

"And I'd believe in anything were it not for you, Showing me by just existing only this is true..."

Shem was singing, such was a constant on a lazy afternoon. He plucked at the string of his bow like a guitar, letting the wind carry his voice across the Jedi Temple's Gardens. As the sun shone down warmly on his white plumage, the boy took a moment to pause, turning briefly to his droid companion, R5-T399, or Tepp.

"Y'know," he began speaking, "The next part of this song talks about love, but not like in the icky romantic way." Turning back to the sky, the grass he lie in rustling in the breeze, he continued. "'Showing me by just existing, only this is true...' It's almost like a force. A constant..."

Tepp beeped out a question in droid speak, to which Shem just laughed.

"Of course love doesn't have to be about romance," the Rishii lambasted. "Ah, who am I kidding. They never sent you to a philosophy class, did they bucket brain?"

A sigh escaped from the fledgling's chest. It was pleasant out, the perfect weather to be lounging about and pondering greater questions. Or perhaps this was just his excuse for being lazy and not signing up for any extra courses. Shem didn't mind either way. Who was he to let this good moment slip away.

"I wonder what I could write a song about?" the boy pondered out loud. "Prolly something cool, like a pirate ship. An ocean voyage. It could be a three part epic." Shem yawned, continuing to absent mindedly pluck at the draw string of his energy bow. "Maybe later. I gotta get a few more winks in."

Now was the perfect time for a nap. Yeah. There wasn't much that could interrupt that, not on such a nice day.

Right?

The alarm blared droning on and on- but finally, Braze leaped out of bed as he came back to consciousness suddenly. He'd been having the dream again. This one involved him fighting off a horde of spiders while wearing nothing but his underclothes. The last time he had woken up screaming in terror.

Braze rubbed his eyes, pushing away the cobwebs of sleep. He looked around, confused. Where was he? Ah yes, his room in the temple.

He always woke up feeling gross. And now it was time to go to class! Or so he thought in his sleepy stupor. Braze was not aware that he'd slept through his alarm going off for a few hours now, constantly blaring a warning.

He stumbled into the shower and quickly rinsed himself clean. He made sure to scrub his hair twice before pulling on his uniform and heading out. He'd only been awake for a few minutes, but he still felt groggy. That's what came from not sleeping well.

As he walked through the halls, he tried to shake off the drowsiness. He needed to focus. It was only now he paused and looked around squinting up at the sky. He checked his com link- OH.... OH NO. It was WHAT time? He had slept straight through the morning sessions.

The third class of the day would start in less than ten minutes, and Braze was already late.

He cursed under his breath, rushing down the hallways and dodging others who were running late as well.

He spotted his first-class instructor, Master Hohn, sitting in the front row of seats. The classroom door opened, and the entire class was seated. Braze - decidedly skipped the entryway to his class panting lightly and took a detour. That was not a conversation he was going to have- at least not right now.

He scampered rather quickly down one of the halls deciding perhaps he would just not attend this class today either. He caught sight of the Gardens and promptly moved to vault over the stone wall that was overlooking the lush area and fell downward plummeting a rather stark distance. His green robes furled against the updraft as he descended. There was an attempt to slow his fall and soften his landing, however, it wasn't a very good attempt, rather than the patchy soft grassy area he had aimed for Braze was off by just a few feet and went tumbling through some tree branches with a few snaps. He had fallen out of the tree and landed on his back facing up, and for a few brief moments, as leaves trickled out of the branches above slowly lilting down, falling all around him, he may have looked dead. He drew a sharp breath suddenly and coughed wincing as he sputtered a few leaves from his mouth. That hadn't gone exactly as planned but he'd been roughed up before this was no big deal. He moved to sit up.

Braze pushed himself up onto his hands and knees. He looked up and saw the figure of Shem across from where he landed. Was that a smile on his face? He seemed to be smirking at him.

"I suppose you're wondering why I'm here," he said quietly as he dusted off his attire and picked out some twigs and leaves from his hair which was still rather wet from shower water.

Shem Spinner Shem Spinner

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

bird_boi_sig.png

Goldwing, Epo-1, R5-T399

"I suppose you're wondering why I'm here,"

Soft speaking stirred Shem from his nap, lazily turning his head to see who had spoken.

"Huh?" he reacted, very clearly not fully awake.

He did begin to process the situation though. That boy had not been there whey he had gone to sleep, which did not seem to be that long ago. Still, why would they ask him if he was wondering about their arrival? Shem had, of course, been asleep, and very likely would not have even noticed had they said nothing. It was a very strange set of circumstances.

"I mean, not really," the Rishii shrugged in response. "Now I am I guess."

More and more Shem began to notice things that were off. Scratches, leaves where they shouldn't be. It seemed like the new arrival had taken a tumble. How had they even managed that?

"You fall in a tree or something?" Shem blurted out, clearly unconcerned about how the new arrival might feel about the situation.

He was still half asleep after all. Manners could come when he woke up fully.

"Yeah, something like that. " Braze stated looking up briefly and squinting at how high he had jumped from. He looked back towards Shem and did a triple take as he took a few steps and stumbled briefly as an ankle gave out momentarily. He didn't quite fall over this time as he took a few steps. He bent and stretched his arms this way and that and a few notable audible pops, clicks, and cracks could be heard as he loosened up. " Oh... you're a feathered fellow... Must make dusting easy. " Braze didn't seem to mind himself even now. Was this birdy boy asleep? Perhaps he was. "Don't worry I'm fine. Consider it a sudden advance absconding technique for sanctum. " Braze stated as he continued to dust off his robes and straighten himself out preening and priming removing twigs and leaves that were stuck in his robes.

"I don't think we've met before. " He trailed and paused to stretch out and yawn blinking still not very awake himself as trepidation and concern whispered in the back of his mind.

"Hey you wouldn't happen to know any really good places in town nearby to grab a bite to eat would you?" He asked thinking perhaps avoiding the mess hall for today would be a better idea. Braze had not introduced himself just yet either- Manners? what were those? It was unusual for an initiate that wouldn't just go to the cafeteria.

Last edited:

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

bird_boi_sig.png

Goldwing, Epo-1, R5-T399

"Okay," Shem shrugged in response to the padawan's explination.

Shem never lingered on that sort of thing long, and who was he to judge what other people got up to in their spare time? That's what his father taught him, anyways, and the fledgling wasn't the sort to let his manners slide.

"I don't think we've met before. "

"Most people follow that with their name," the boy noted with a snicker, though one more in a teasing manner. "I'm Shem Spinner, bow master in the making. Eventually, anyways. I'm not as good as my dad yet."

He of course didn't skip a beat praising the skill of his father. Yulon Spinner was, after all, a bow master. Why wouldn't he speak so highly of what he wanted to be? The boy did ask if he knew any good food places around here though, clearly wanting to skip out on the mess hall at the temple. Shem liked the food at the temple, but he had been around on Coruscant long enough to know that the good stuff was out in the city.

"I know a real awesome burger place a few levels down," Shem nodded. "You wanna go? I've been looking for an excuse to get out of the temple."

His astromech companion very quietly made a remark suggesting that he would have left the temple to explore for less, which Shem reacted too with a stuck-out tongue. A childish exchange, but not a spiteful one, more like siblings teasing each other.

"So, what was you're name?" the fledgling asked, turning back to the new padawan.

Braze looked curiously at the other as he mentioned being a bow master in the making. A faint smirk graced his features at the friendly teasing and he settled his gloved hand son his hips briefly. He twisted this way and that and winced feeling his back crack.

"I'm Braze," he answered. "Just an initiate for now." He offered truthfully. " I would love to get a nice burger right about now. " He commented casting one long last forlorn glance up towards the ledge he had jumped from on the level where his classes were held.

" Lead the way and let's get out of here, and stretch our legs a bit eh? " He passed and odd glance to the droid that was accompanying Shem.

"Does that little bucket belong to you?" Braze asked curiously. His gaze was shifted to the feathers eyeing them next wondering silently to himself how the upkeep on plumage much be so much harder to deal with than just a quick shower in the morning.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

bird_boi_sig.png

Goldwing, Epo-1, R5-T399

"Does that little bucket belong to you?"

"Tepp?" Shem asked, cocking his head. "No, he's my partner. That would be weird."

He wouldn't want to force the R5 to be his friend. Tepp stuck around on his own accord. Maybe they fought, but they were a team. He didn't know how other people did it, but Shem was just fine with the way that he and Tepp did things.

"Or maybe I'm weird," he shrugged. "I don't care either way."

The place they were going did require a little walking, to which Shem was happy to lead the way. He'd much rather fly, but having company made the walking a bit more bearable. It would be a while before they arrived, so they had some time to chat. The fledgling was automatically curious about where the boy may be from. He always was looking for new locations to travel to.

"So where ya from?" the Rishii asked. "Is it cool?"

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Braze considered the little bucket of bolts briefly and smirked looking at Shem. " You are weird. " Braze confirmed.

" But that's okay times weird is cool. " He offered lightly which was a big compliment from Braze in some strange way.

"Me? I think my dad was from Eshan. We never really stayed in one place long they owned many places all over the galaxy. When I was little I had lots of servants attending to me. I don't really remember my parents all that well. They had trouble with me when I was small and gave me the order. I kinda feel like they gave up on me ya know?" Braze offered.

"But from what I could remember we were always in lively urban-style homes n up scaled cities filled with opulence. Every day had new sights and sounds to explore all around. Nothing ever really stayed the same. There was always the excitement of where we were going next or who we would meet. So I guess I don't really have a home world I can really call my home. For me, Home is where ever I happen to be sleeping that night. What about you Shem? where do you come from? You didn't grow up in a nest did you?" Braze asked completely unaware of how demeaning-ly rude that might have sounded but his curiosity was certainly genuine. He in truth had lots of questions brimming in that hamster wheel mind of his. Mostly questions about how to keep feathers nice but he didn't express those just yet.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom