Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grass, Flowers, and Guns

[member="Felicity Mason"]

Stoic nodded when she asked the question. Or was it rhetorical? "Actually, I never knew my last name. I was a boy when I started working for the military so I never really knew. However, I'm the third person in my family with the name "Stoic"." he explained still crossing his arms. He figured they were taking turns so he asked another question.

"So, how'd you get your name?" Dumb question? Most likely but it was show and tell right?

The girl had all but given up on her Mothers police coming. Lucky for this blaster wielding criminal. She sighed, leaning against the wall.

"My Mother married my Father. My Father's family name was Mason. On my mothers side of the family, all first born girls take the middle name Melodias. My Mothers great, great, great great grandmother was named Felicity, so, of course, here I am as you see me, Felicity Melodias Mason."

She opened her arms and took a mock bow, as if she had just explained the mysteries of the Universe.

"Boring story. But yours sounds quite interesting. Military life, hm? I envy you. Not in the Protectorate though, of course. They have an 'age limit'." She said the last part bitterly. She tried to enlist when she was fifteen, but she'd been told that 18 was the youngest the accepted. Such an inconvenience. "Let me guess? Sith army? Republic? They don't seem to care how young you are, as long as you listen well and don't mind being shot."

[member="Stoic"]

"Not boring at all. Its better than those bedtime stories at least." he joked as he watched her do a bow. That made him chuckle so he checked the area for the police.

"I'm not entirely sure what military it was called but I'm no longer in service as I'm a freelancer. It fits me better. Besides, being free is what I believe in so.." he said trailing off. He figured he'd said enough.

"No idea who you were serving? Really?"
The girl wore an expression on her pretty young face that spoke her thoughts quite clearly. This boy was clueless. Interesting, of course, but clueless.

"Sounds like a private military then," she decided with a quick nod of her head, "Any chance that you are for hire at the moment?"

[member="Stoic"]

Stoic smirked and replied. "Yep." He looked at the unconscious man again to have some relief. He then looked back at the girl.

"I'm a freelancer, what do you think." he said uncrossing his arms and pushing himself off the building.

Freelancer. Not very trustworthy, in her experience. Anybody could offer him more credits to do away with her on the spot. Still, something about this boy intrigued her.

"Stoic. The. Third," she made sure to emphasize the end of each word, "I may have a job for you, if you are up for the task. 5000 credits at first, then if I like you, perhaps I can arrange something more substantial."

[member="Stoic"]

Stoic thought for a moment and then looked at her with his serious look. "Substantial is a big word, Miss Felicity. And what can a school girl offer?" he asked in a relaxing way. He would then walk slowly over to her expecting her to move away. It showed how far he'd go.

"No."
The school girl shook her head, waving one finger at him.
"You are asking the wrong question here. You do not ask about credits until you know what the job is! That is just common sense, you know."

For a Princess, Felicity knew a little too much about these sort of dealings. That was what happened when you had a father like hers and an uncle with a shady past.
"So go on. Ask the proper questions now."

[member="Stoic"]

It may of been common sense but he didn't really care. But he respected her wishes due to him owing her. "Okay, Okay." he would say stopping about four feet away from her putting his hands in his pockets. "What job are you giving me?" he would ask looking at the ground and kicking some sand.

The girl was glad when he stopped walking towards her. She hated it when people got too close. Made her uncomfortable. Nervous. She sighed.

"There we go. That's how we do it." She pushed herself off the wall, reached into her bag and pulled something out to show him. "There is a festival in a few days. Right here."
In her hands was a poster, advertising the event. Games, shows, food drink, parades, costumes. Felicity was most excited about the costumes. It was the one day out of the year that she could go out an about by herself. Or at least, that was how it had been. In costume, nobody knew who she was. But her kidnappers were getting clever. Now she had to be careful

"Understand what I need you to do yet?"

[member="Stoic"]

He analyzed the poster before rubbing his face where facial hair once was. He then relaxed his hands and formed a thought. Stoic was understanding the situation. However, he wasn't liking the idea so he began to play around. "Chaperone you? I mean, its okay if you need parental guidance but..." he trailed off giving a slight smile. The festival did sound fun but he'd be doing work most likely.

"Wrong."
The answer came quickly. She rolled her eyes. How dense.

"No. What I need is someone to smuggle me away from my parents. I wanna get out and about like I used to."

[member="Stoic"]

Stoic seemed to like her attitude in a way. It reminded him of something. But the thought soon faded following her second answer. "Why do you need help with that? Can't you just go out the window or something?" he asked being very suspicious. It seemed odd that five-thousand credits would be worth helping her get to a festival. Not that he was complaining but still, a little odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom