Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Grand Admiral Thaddeus Krell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Admiral_Orlok.jpg.jpg

Name: Thaddeus Krell
Loyalties: Dual Monarchy of Panatha & Thule
Role: Grand Admiral of the Royalist Navy

Development Threads: N/A

Species: Human (Serenno)

Appearance: Thaddeus stands tall at approximately six feet four inches and aside from his human appearance possesses a pale skin color from spending so much time indoors and aboard starships. Thaddeus is no doubt of nobility judging from his youthful appearance and skin color even as he climbs up in age. What sets him apart from other military officers is his shaved head and mustache.

While on duty Thaddeus can be seen wearing his ornate, and intimidating uniform that mark his position as Grand Admiral. This is a fairly simply designed black uniform complete with an ash gray fur overcoat with gold and red shoulder guards present on both the uniform and the overcoat. Both the uniforms collar as well as the shoulder guards proudly display the rank markings of a full Grand Admiral. The uniform is complete with a set of elegant black and gold gloves. Thaddeus always chooses to wear a set of black and dark steel combat boots to complete the appearance.

Outside of combat as the Lord of House Krell of Panatha, Thaddeus can be seen wearing a wide variety of ornate wear fitting of his position.

Personality: Thaddeus is at all times a stern, and highly serious individual who is seen as a devoted patriot and leader. From his youth as a member of one of Serenno's Great Houses, Thaddeus held a strong imperialistic view and condemned the ways of democracy as inefficient. Through his great rise up the ranks of the Old Sith Empire he was shown to be cold, calculating and incredibly intelligent. Perhaps one of the more infamous qualities of Thaddeus Krell was the absolute ruthless approach he took to both his enemies and subbordinates. He always had a set of expectations he expected those under him to follow, and if he was putting in 110% they were expected to do the exact same.

To his enemies Krell was seen as vicious, despicable and borderline savage in his ruthless pursuit of their destruction coining him the nickname the "Nightmare" or the "Nightmare Admiral". In battle every decision Krell makes has a purpose behind it that contributes to a grand design. To this end those standing against him commonly underestimate the man or they fail to see the bigger picture of what this mission, operation, or campaign is trying to accomplish. Those same enemies fill the casualty logs of each operation Krell has been apart of, or oversaw himself.

Force Sensitivity: Non-Force User

Weapon of Choice: While Krell is trained in the use of a PI-W03A Blaster Rifle his primary weapon of choice is an Imp Blaster Pistol that he carries on him at all times. Additionally as part of family tradition he's also trained in swordsmanship but this is more used for sport and rarely does he carry one into battle.

Skills: In addition to the mans own combat and strategic skills Krell has an understanding of computers and he possesses enough of an understanding of the various stations aboard a star destroyer to take over if need be. The mans voracious desire to learn has made him an accomplished polygot who in addition to basic speaks Epicant, Huttese, Mando'a, Graugspeak and an understanding of Binary. Krell is an avid reader who always has a number of books nearby regardless of where he is.

Wealth: Coming from a wealthy Serenno Great House, Thaddeus has the ability to access his family's treasuries for any expenses. Additionally as the appointed Grand Admiral of the Royal Navy he receives an additional income that he can use. However rarely does Thaddeus make massive purchases or spend anything over a few thousand credits. As the highest ranking officer in the Royal Navy he has a number of perks befitting his position that often save him the trouble of spending money on things, the exception being upkeep for his family's new estate in the upper echelons of Canthar, Panatha.

Combat Function: Thaddeus is a competent unarmed fighter who can hold his own in a firefight if need be. But that's not where his true talents are, his true talents are in commanding. Krell is an outstanding commander in the field, an expert in grand strategy as well as fleet and siege tactics. Its his uncanny ability to adapt on the fly and a willingness to go to the absolute limit, using anything and everything in his power to succeed. Thaddeus is an excellent flagship commander who proved this as a one time commander of Darth Prazutis's personal flagship. It's no small amount of skill that earned him the position as Grand Admiral of the Royal Navy. When he's forced into a physical confrontation his skill with a blaster is equivalent of an academy graduate, he'll still fight tooth and nail to come out victorious, one thing Thaddeus Krell does not do is run.

Notable Possessions: Krell owns a number of trinkets, trophies, baubles, etc from the many places he's engaged at and the many planets and ships he's served on. Additionally Krell owns a beautiful walled estate in the capital city of Canthar, Panatha where he relocated his family upon his appointment to Grand Admiral.

History: Born a native of Carannia Serenno, Thaddeus Krell was the eldest son in a litter of three born to Eli and Diona Krell. Thaddeus excelled in school possessing a tremendous drive to learn often coming out in the top 1% of his classes. He was an avid reader and student of swordsmanship often winning tournaments based on his skill. Krell after standard education went on to study at the most prestigious university on Serenno where he double majored in Business Administration and Political Science again graduating in his classes top 1%. However due to family tradition immediately after his graduation he enlisted in the Defense Force of Serenno where he first began service as an ensign.

The young mans drive to learn followed him to the military where over time he took the time to learn each station aboard a ship from navigations and communications to weapons and engines. It was in his firm belief that an officer should be able to adapt to any situation and be skilled in a myriad of fields rather than focusing in just one. Krell served for several years in the military where he attained the rank of Commodore before leaving to enlist in the Imperial Navy of the Old Sith Empire. It was here where the man truly excelled achieving the rank of Rear Admiral and his own command..

After the empires fall Thaddeus followed the remnants to what would become the One Sith Empire proving himself to be an exceptional and successful commander, attaining the rank of Admiral and serving for a period as the personal commander of the flagship of Darth Prazutis. As the fall of the One Sith Empire was on the horizon Thaddeus was approached by the Sith Lord and Dark Councilor where he was formally invited by his superior and the man who he had come to be close colleagues with to come to the Panathan Empire and serve as the Grand Admiral of the Royal Navy. After the Zambrano Prince helped the man relocate his family and their estate to Panatha, he came and served under the God-King [member="Darth Carnifex"]'s regime through the fall of the One Sith and still serves to this day.

Intent: To continue in fleshing out the hierarchy of the Panathan Empire and the creation of an flavorful NPC to be used in both invasions and dominions in the future under the Zambrano family.

Image Sources: Here and Here

Greetings, [member="Darth Prazutis"]. Hope you don't mind being stuck with me for this one.

First off, the link for your character's uniform is broken, or was when I clicked it. It's gonna be one of those akin to a broken washing machine: you know it's busted, but as soon as the repairman comes for it...it works just fine.

The languages threw me, all being a rather odd set: very militant in nature. Not entirely sure why he'd learn Mando, but that'd slide. The one that raised an eyebrow was Sith: most Sith don't speak, read or write Sith! Sorcerers must, of course, but it's not exactly a much-used language outside of the core of Sith Lords. I just don't see that being all that likely. It is, however, a minor complaint, and not worth an argument! If you insist on it, I'll let that slide.

Other than that, I honestly have no issues with this one. Quick note of procedure, though: [member="Darth Carnifex"] approves of this sub? If he just drops a 'Like' on your post, I'll consider that sufficient. I just don't want players being mentioned without them being okay with it first (and I figured you've probably asked - I just need to clarify that!).

Once I've seen a 'Like' from Carnifex, we'll move this along. Thanks for your work on this!

[member="Tirdarius"]

Great to work with you as always Tirdarius!

The Sith language was as you mentioned a minor albeit unlikely addition. After deliberating I realized you were quite right, if he was a Sith Lord or force user it might've made sense. So i replaced 'Sith' with 'Graugspeak' instead. Graugspeak would make sense for him because a major military and economic arm of the Dual Monarchy would be the graug horde that immigrated to the Pacanth Reach following Kaines abdication from the throne of Sith Emperor years prior. It would make sense to interact with the upper echelons that he'd deal with.

As for the mention of Darth Carnifex/Kaine I've already spoken with him about this. Carnifex and I talk on a daily basis but I will get him to post up a like on this thread as you've mentioned. I can also tag you if you'd like when this has occurred if you'd like?

[member="Darth Prazutis"]

He's already beaten you to it :) I guess our two tags got his attention. They do say never to poke the beast, but we did, and it got a result!

I'm happy with the submission as it stands, so I'm going to throw this over to [member="Valiens Nantaris"] and/or [member="Silencia"] for Approval. Thanks for being so speedy with those changes!

Pending Approval

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom