Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Grancha Bow

Status
Not open for further replies.
6X0hLio.png

2b1222e5a6beaad3b21141d20d909a60aeaa9d8768074fdfcd4e4cd58fe0f8a9_1.jpg

Image Source: Here
Intent: To provide 'The Awoken' with a plasma-based ranged weapon.
Development Thread: If Necessary
Manufacturer: G.H Corporation
Model: V1-GH Plasma Bow
Affiliation: The Awoken
Modularity: No
Production: Production: (The Awoken) Limited
Material:
- Scope Attachment Pieces
- Nocking Point: Leather
- String: Pure Plasma [ Can Be Replaced / Switched Out ]
- Bow Limbs: Body-Wood
- Grip: Hardened Leather
- Arrow Rest: Hardened Leather

Classification: Long-Bow
Size: Two-Handed
Length: 1.2 M
Weight: 9 Lbs
Ammunition Type: Plasma Arrows
Ammunition Capacity: 30 In Quiver
Effective Range: 'Equivalent to Bow & Arrow', 138 Meters
Rate of Fire: Single Action
Special Features:
+ Plasma Arrows: Can rip through basic metals, even more so flesh and thick hides.
+ Sights: Built in Scope for increased accuracy.
+ Plasma Weaponry: Ionized Charge make the bow more effective against droids.
+ Body Wood: Emits a pale pink glow.
- Draw Speed: Slower Draw-speeds despite increased impact strength.
- Weight: Larger than a composite bow, or short bow, making it generally slower in action.

Description: Grudge has, with the inspiration of the Nightsister's Energy Bows, a larger, more powerful variant of the energy-based weapons. The bow is used for long to mid-range compact, seen by its increased size and larger draw-string for increased range. To boot, a scope was implemented onto the bow, allowing users to zoom in up to five times a human's normal sight. The plasma arrows, using their plasma-composed ionic charge, allowing them to an increased effectiveness against droids and droid alike. The Wood-section, mainly the limbs of the bow, are composed of Body Wood, a particular wood that glows a pale pink.

A grip, composed of hardened leather, was implemented into the bow as well, allowing the user to not harm themselves when using the weapon. To add, a leather nocking point was added, generally where the back of the plasma arrow would knock against before being fired, allowing the user to draw the bow and fire without harming themselves. As mentioned above, this is a long-bow, and being one of the bigger variants of bows, it is slower. Quick-drawing is not advised, primarily due to the plasma-based strings that could be used to bludgeon or burn the user's targets. Also, due to its size, it is advised that the bow is used when stationary for optimum accuracy. Otherwise, the bow becomes exceedingly harder to land shows from afar with. Also to mention, the arrows are slightly larger than Nightsister Energy Bows, requiring a more powerful bow such as this one to send the arrows far with sustained accuracy. The increased size and reinforced nature make the arrows more effective in piercing, stabbing, or generally cutting through physical substances such as iron, steel, durasteel and metals of equal toughness. Beyond this, the arrows can pierce through thick hides and flesh.

Primary Source: Nightsister Energy Bows

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Grudge The Grutt"]

OK, so a straightforward scaleup of the canon thing.
  • Can you give me more detail on the scope/sights? Most archery sights I've seen are pretty far from the eye, so they're more like an open ring with bars in it -- not really a good match for infrared. Are you drawing from an IRL source here?
  • Your range is, like, whoah. See, a full-scale middle ages warbow could shoot about 350-400m -- but we're talking about dropping an arrow on an army, not a target. A modern longbow, you'd get maybe 200m of range tops, and that's still not hugely accurate. Remember, we're talking about effective range here.

I googled reasonable ranges for long-bow ranges and the results varied. I settled upon 450 Yards but I thought maybe it was a lil' too much. I'll settle with 200m for now. Seeing as its only the first model of its kind.

Example
As for the sight, I imagined it looking something like this. The sight is pretty much like you said, an open ring with bars in it. However, these bars indicate yardage and generally where the arrow should land when the actually arrow is drawn and alligned with the appropriate 'bar' inside the scope. Having three 'bars', they'd vary from 50m, 100m and 200m. Beyond that will require greater proficiency with marksmanship to achieve semi-accurate shots from greater distances.

This is what I'm basing my information though
Here

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

[member="Grudge The Grutt"]

The source you linked says 10/20/30 yards are standard for the pins, so I'd bump it down somewhat from 200. This is limited production, after all -- these aren't being fired en masse into armies. I'm still not seeing much out there for an infrared scope on a bow. What you could do is have an infrared lamp on the bow, and just have the user wear headgear that can see in IR.

So yeah. Cut effective range to 150, ddeal with the IR thing, chop the weight down, and clarify what you mean by 'basic metals', and I think we're good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom