Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Graduation Day

Joshua Helthane

J
The Academy of Bothuwai auditorium was packed. The room was filled with students, teachers, parents, and the officials here and there. Rumor had it that a high official of the Confederacy was somewhere in this room, overseeing the event. Although he chuckled about it, and his smile never faltered, he was, admittedly, nervous. The floor was his tonight. Even if the Archon herself showed. The schedule was as long as he went. Slowly stepping out of the shadows of backstage, he limped to the podium.
"This is the word that year by year,
While in her place the School is set,
Every one of her sons must hear,
And none that hears it dare forget.
This they all with a joyful mind
Bear through life like a torch in flame,
And falling fling to the host behind-
Play up! Play up! And play the game!
"My friends, in our lives, we reach many times when we stand at the crossroads. The student's here know one, after our first year here: We choose what to learn. In the end, who you are depends on which path you take. In here are lawyers and soldiers, doctors and future Templars, the future of the Confederacy. But that is not everything. We students aren't the only ones here. And I'll get back to my peers in a moment.
"First off, to our teachers. You, are amazing" A few cheers from them in the room, which drew some laughs. "I mean, you put up with us. What more proof do you need? But in all honesty, you are one of the most important people in here. Why? Because you have trained up new workers, New citizens, who do what needs done. You have passed the torch down, giving us the light to carry. Thank you.
"Secondly, to the scattered parents in here. You have brought us here, though the thick and thin, and still cared enough about us to send us on to be who we are today. You have passed a torch yourself, but not the same as the one our teachers did. For your torch is by example, not knowledge.
"Finaly, the students. We must carry our torch with pride, and then pass it on. We have an obligation to keep the flame alive. And, in the end, we all must pass it on. Be ready, but most of all: Have a good run, whatever you do." He hobbled offstage to thunderous applause. This would be a good day. Now, if that official had his reply from the Viceroyality office, he would be happy.

This ceremony was much different than the ceremony she had when she graduated from the military academy. This was much more fun and relaxing which she very much was a fan of. Sophia spent her days listening to speeches and debates of politicians which at times were tedious. She enjoyed this though listen to young people with fresh ideas eager to start their careers. Sophia as Viceroy for Chroma Zed could always use help in her office and this was a prime place to find just that.

Sitting in the crowd she leaned back as she listened to the rest of the ceremony. New graduates were less likely to fight with the young woman as seasoned politicians whom thought they knew everything and that she was too young to be in charge. There were even those whom didn't like being told what to do by a woman. It drove her crazy but she dealt with it all. Sophia knew how to handle things there at least.

@[member="Joshua Helthane"]

Joshua Helthane

J
Taking his seat, Joshua listened to the other speeches, eulogies by directors. And then, open floor. Slowly, in his natural pained gaint, he arrived at the podium. "Only one thing, I'm looking for a Confederate Envoy, with my papers, if you could find me after.the ceremony." And with that, the man struggled back to his seat. Anyone who wanted to speak was now able to. The floor was open.
@[member="Sophia Walsh"]

Xavier sat in silence, icy blue eyes scanning the room. He'd made a point to come here and observe, possibly enroll himself later on. It was hard to have any form of power in this galaxy without military, well it was harder than not in most cases. The Umbaran ran a hand through his hair out of boredom, something needed to happen soon or he'd leave. The spoiled upbringing had left him, well, spoiled, he wasn't used to waiting anymore. When he was little? Yes. Now? Nope, impatient and snotty.

@[member="Joshua Helthane"] @[member="Sophia Walsh"]

AC sat in the back of the room. Inspired but bored, he looked around the room for something, or someone to keep his interest. From the back doors he heard:
"Hey! You can't be here-"
Lightsaber noises appeared, and a loud scream came from outside.
Assuming the worst, AC ran to the door to check it out.
The doors came flying inward, knocking AC back.
Dazed and confused, all AC heard next were more screaming.
@[member="Xavier Vi'dreya"] @[member="[/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][URL="http://starwarsrp.net/user/3776-joshua-helthane/"]Joshua Helthane[/URL]"] @[member="[/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff][FONT=Tahoma]Sophia Walsh"][/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom