Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech GPP PlasmaBust Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
concept_land_mine_by_proximacenta-d5kyd8m.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To Begin Expanding the Planet-side Mines the Board has
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: Here
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: RMIA
  • Model: GPP PlasmaBurst Mine
  • Affiliation: Closed Markets
  • Modularity: Yes; the latching component may be changed, trigger may be changed, the appearance may be changed.
  • Production: Minor
  • Material: Carbon plating, plasma chambers, detonator units, electromagnet
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Multi-purpose trigger
  • Electromagnetic mount (removable)
  • Minor metal parts
  • redundant fail-safes
DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Multipurpose trigger: This mine has a variety of triggers that can be used, all the user has to do is choose which one they want (Proximity, touch, time, remote detonation) and in addition, they may be swapped out easily for other triggers. Alternately, several different forms can be used as a fail safe--such as using remote detonation and proximity at the same time in case it needs a "human" touch.
  • Electromagnetic mount: Small electromagnets are on the backside of this weapon and can be activated for its use, these can easily be removed before the mine is armed. If another guy comes by and tries to remove them after its armed, this mine detonates.
  • Minor metal parts: There are not a lot of metal parts on this thing, even the casing is made out of carbon, the vials of plasma are plasteel, and the wiring is non-magnetic. As a result, your common electromagnetic metal detectors would have a hard time picking this badboy up, until they are really close or unless they are super sensitive it would come across as nothing worth mentioning.
  • Redundant fail-safes: This mine was crafted by the most paranoid bomb maker RMIA could get their hands on, to disarm it, they have to go through five different lengthy disarm sequences in the correct order. One wrong move and the mine will detonate. These sequences are very complex and require a great deal of precision, the kind only garnered by professional mine defusers or the incredibly lucky.
Strengths:
  • PLASMA!: We love plasma here at RMIA. The more, the better. The plasma mine is designed to throw this in all directions upon detonation. The super heated material will stick to what it hits and slowly melt (if it doesn't automatically) this into nothing unless serious action is taken place to stop it. Scraping the plasma off generally only spreads it and makes the stuff melt both scraped object and scraping.
  • Multiple fail safes: This mine was crafted by the most paranoid bomb maker RMIA could get their hands on, to disarm it, they have to go through five different lengthy disarm sequences in the correct order. One wrong move and the mine will detonate. These sequences are very complex and require a great deal of precision, the kind only garnered by professional mine defusers or the incredibly lucky.
  • Modular to the Max: With the ability to add several different switches as the user desires, this mine is able to be equipped to really ruin people's day in pretty much every way you want. The limit to trigger mechanisms is only the creativity of the user.
  • Low magnetic resonance: There isn't a lot of magnetic material here, and if you remove the electromagnets, there is even less. This makes locating this plasma mine a pain in the booty.
Weaknesses :
  • Indiscriminate damage: Plasma knows no friends. Plasma knows no mercy. Plasma is a cruel mistress. Keep plasma away from your buddies (unless you want to get new buddies).
  • Time consuming: Yeah, sure, you can add more triggers to this mine, but really, it takes time, more than what you have on the battle field, so plan ahead, MacGyver before you start tampering with the ordinance.
  • Not for the block heads: Are you a master bomb maker? Are you even a moderately skilled bomb maker? Then you probably shouldn't tamper with adding more switches to this mine unless you want to die.
  • Multiple fail safes: Say you change your mind about blowing your target up, or you find out that its going to affect someone you love--or the other guy holds a blaster to your head and says "Disarm or else." Your going to have a hard time disarming. The multiple fail safes go both ways.
DESCRIPTION
RMIA saw a void in the mines that the galaxy has produced lately. And where there is a void, there is a need to expand. And by expand, we mean throw plasma everywhere.

Enter the PlasmaBurst. The PlasmaBurst is designed to destroy a wide array of objects, and when it cannot destroy it, the PlasmaBurst is designed to maul it. Here is how it works:

First, you (the operator) decides how they would like this weapon to discharge. Up to three methods may be chosen at once--such as the remote detonation, time, and proximity. Chose carefully for once you decide, its almost impossible to reverse. The secure the mine how you would prefer, if the electromagnetic coils will be in use, just place them on the metal surface, bury it under a pile of leaves, dirt, tape it to a speeder--the methods are really only limited to what the user has available and their imagination.

Next, you wait for your target to come along. And by target, we mean really anything. You don't get to decide who it blows up on (unless you use the remote detonation exclusively, and then you are limited since you have to be there within line of sight to know--or have another means of seeing within transmitting range..... frankly, its a mess and isn't all its trumped up to be). Then the detonation sequence.

The mine's blast radius is 2.5 meters. A wave of plasma is sent in all directions, pushed out by a kinetic wave of pretty sizable force. This kinetic force is by far strong enough to knock a being off their feet, break bones, cause internal trauma, internal bleeding, concussions, bruising, and other things that result from blunt force trama. Do note that no shrapnel damage is dealt since Plasma melts this and it joins the shockwave of the superheated matter. The plasma melts a lot of material with ease at first.

Then this is where the fun begins. Plasma cools slowly, and is pretty sticky. Whatever this attack doesn't initially melt, it will probably slowly melt. And if it doesn't melt it? Then well, your probably going to be cooked inside. The heat dealt over is horrifically intensive, and without serious intervention, its worse than being surrounded by lava as it cools. Thanks to this, it easily does damage to both vehicles and personnel within its radius.

All in all, its just a mine to use on land combat.

Travis Caalgen

T
Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom