Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gorenger Pt.1 (Thayne)

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist

[member="Dallen Thayne"]

Doreen looked at her boss, not master... Matsu was working on some of the armor and had provided suits of the guard armor to head down into the shadowlands. Unlike previous places the place they were building was to provide salvage to clean out the shadowlands for the wookies. Between the battles and the ancient problems that had happened the area below most of the large cities were littered with ancient and current metal, that could be used for just about anything and with some help from the Republic she was getting some nice friendship after everything. The researcher looked at her jedi boss at the treeline before they were looking into a cove and cracked her knuckles with the droids constructing the warehouse. They had some wookiee's helping them set it inbetween some trees. "Hopefully the one coming from the Republic has talent... I am looking forward to once again working with some.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

A salvage operation on a Republic world to clean up the environment, help the local population with the removal of unnatural debris caused by battles they hadn't asked for, and creating jobs for the local economy as well as opening up new trade and tariff options for the Galactic Republic if a new major business enterprise were to open up in such a field? Dallen didn't see why the galactic government would have any reason to object to its work, and was in fact rather glad such an opportunity had arisen, especially since it helped create ties with other groups during the time of struggle the galaxy was embroiled in. Although he did question having to evaluate how things were doing and what the operation was really about. Well he questioned why he had to do it, but nonetheless Commander Thayne was, if anything, loyal. Approaching where the group was setting up, walking alongside the wookiee guide helping him make his way.

[member="Dallen Thayne"]

Doreen watched it, her boss was there working with some of the wookiee's who were giving them ideas of where debris was and where they could hook up power to work the presses and machines when the time came. Tapping into solar and wind energy to make it nice before the pair turned to look at the guide bringing the man as Doreen stepped forward and bowed. The sound of Matsu speaking as the jedi master clasped her hands in front of herself. "Thank you for coming to see us." Doreen looked at Matsu and a small smile was on her face for a time as she was looking at the droids who were working to get the one wall up slowly. Sometimes she had to marvel at prefabricated structures. "As you know we have some goals in mind and the initial terms of what could come from it."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Dallen noticed one of the figures approach from the group, that appeared to be setting up pre-fabricated structures that he supposed were going to house sections of the operation or perhaps even just store the salvage itself, and bowed back to her once they greeted him and he was more than happy to offer back the same response. Smiling as his eyes beamed behind his glasses, the Republic Officer waved aside the thanks as he returned the welcome. "I don't believe thanks are necessary, after all you're doing a great service for the people of Kashyyyk and the Republic. You seem to already have a plan in mind on how to begin here, that makes things much easier in the long run. As for terms I understand the goals of what is expected from this. Personally I see no reason to complain. You're cleaning up debris that is harmful to the Shadowlands ecosystem. The wookiees are happy someone is removing the leftovers of battles they did not ask for. And the Republic is happy to see new enterprises and build stronger ties with the Silver Jedi who they have always been at peace with, though they have had philosophical departures in the past. Is there anything specific I should be aware of or recall right now before we move deeper in if you have more prepared?"

[member="Dallen Thayne"]

"Well when you put it that way." Doreen noticed the smile appearing on Matsu's face though while she was leading the way for the small group. "There is also more things, as you said past battles and debris to help the wookiee's. They are glad to see us handle most of it and we can process and store it here before shipping it offworld." They were going to the building that was being set up and the rest of the team was using some of the scout speeders to head out and tag large piles. Doreen knew one of the largest there was from the battle against the sith that had fallen into the shadowlands. They were looking at some of the pieces that had been brought into the warehouse and was around here from when Selena had fought. "We have been setting things up to work it and use the processed metals for gear and equipment."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Dallen would follow the women as they guided him around their little workspace so far. Others appeared to be preparing to set off and find and mark locations of debris in large quantities, so it appeared they were just getting started here. The incomplete building they were entering inside attested to that as well. "Well recycling is something even the military should attest to. Perhaps more so than others considering the hazardous nature of some materials used in their equipment. A leaking reactor or live explosives lying around are major threats for the safety of citizens and the environment. Its a dangerous job you're doing actually, I hope your people are prepared and equipped for it. As for the processing of the debris, that's an effective use to get out of these leftovers. I'm certain many museums or even militaries would pay for refurbished antiques as well if you could salvage and restore anything not too terribly damaged. Corellia once had a Starship Museum before its destruction, quite the shame. . . . .if only we could salvage a whole world."

[member="Dallen Thayne"]

Doreen looked at him and she held a grin on her face. Her team had been called in when the remains of the rogue shadow was discovered. The jedi master with her had found it searching with another jedi while doing just this... Exploring and looking for anything that was lost. "It can be dangerous but the armor we provide for those who need it is duraplast with other systems to give them protection. The salvage here if we find something we could fix up maybe prove interesting but I am not certain we'll get that lucky. I know from past experience being here there was a lot of sith war machines moving through the shadowlands with Selena. We're trying to salvage that, if your men would like the most intact we could send to you if you don't already know the models."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

"Duraplast is quite durable, anything volatile would have to have quite a kick to dent it. As would any violent wildlife in the environment zones your people end up traversing. I assume it's also vacuum sealed and airtight in case of toxins or chemicals? Is it also prepped for radiation leaks in the event of a damaged vehicle or starship big enough bearing one?" Nodding anyway because he was impressed so far, the Republic Officer followed diligently after the pair still as he examined what they had set up and already working. Dallen actually expected they already had all his concerns sorted out and covered well before he was asking now.

A lot of this was really for formality's sake, so the Republic Commander merely hoped the others were not bothered if some things he questioned were redundant. "I can put in a call to send you a list of the Sith vehicles and components we have confirmed schematics on from our own studies or assumptions. Though of course any of your own conclusions and recommendations are welcome as well. If anything is new we don't have an understanding of we would love a report of it."

[member="Dallen Thayne"]

"In the heavy armors which they are using. Internal air, lots of protection and with our operative gauntlets they can handle some things from a distance." Doreen saw the going while the large Warehouse was being filled in a corner, the walls and top coming together and she was touching some of the scrap they had found. Overgrown with moss and dirt but it was some of the remains as Doreen was looking at it. "When we were here, Selena lost a battle group of titan's to a falling tree. I don't know if the Republic still uses their sithspawn killers but the war droids were a towering beast with a lot of weapons. We might be able to salvage and cannibalize them to get some working for you. I was with a team who saw some of those monsters that were being created."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Dallen himself hadn't fought at Kashyyyk, so he would take the two women's word on the events that took place. They actually sounded rather exciting, leaving the Republic Commander to wish he could have taken part in such a memorable event. In any case though, his concerns about the armor and wellbeing of the workers were for naught as he suspected. Everything was well under control and proceeding quite capably it appeared. As for the offer about the wardroids though, Dallen found himself rather interested from the sounds of things. "If the Sithspawn killers are still in use I for one will be quite happy. I normally find myself staring down at planets so I don't keep abreast of the tools of the trade dirtside as much. Regardless I know the Republic would appreciate anything you could put back together for their use."

[member="Dallen Thayne"]

Doreen had to give a nod to that while they were in there. The construction of the warehouse and the areas being marked for different ones and the large doors opening into the shadowlands. She could see Matsu standing there with him as some of the wookiees were bringing them things that they set against the walls of the warehouse. "I'll try to see what we can remake if possible and if we find anything special possibly reverse engineer." She could see Matsu looking at him though while moving through it all. "I don't know how involved you are but we are supplying new products for the Ranger's within the silver jedi. Perhaps you'll like what you see and sign one for some oh our powerblades. Concealable until your slicing with a blade as strong as a lightsaber. Good for dealing with sith troopers plastoid armor."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Things seemed to be going very well, and in all truthfulness Dallen wasn't entirely sure what all he was meant to accomplish on scene besides look around a bit more. See how things were doing until he had a good idea of what to put in his report. Nodding as the Silver Jedi Master offered to put back together some things they might find, the Republic Officer found himself grinning a little as the woman went on to offer other venues that had been worked on apparently. "Well those definitely sound useful. I would certainly like to acquire such weapons if the Republic Commandos ever get off the ground or some other elite unit takes form. I will definitely look into talking the Admiral into finding a use for them if you really are offering to sell those on a separate basis. As for the units you can put together from whatever salvage is down here I for one definitely thank you for your work on that."

[member="Dallen Thayne"]

Doreen looked at him when he mentioned payment and she smiled as Matsu spoke saying it. "I am offering it and we will have a deal. This equipment should be provided for everyone who needs it and commando, rangers, or in some cases. Captains on ships to repel boarders." That last one Doreen knew from experience was something they had done when testing it as the one captain they had used it to defend one of the hammerheads they had gotten from invaders. Now they were looking as the final section of the warehouse portion was done. "Ah very good and as they secure that we'll move into the shop portion. Tools and the machiens should be getting set up as well as the power for all of this."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

"Then the Republic gladly accepts your offer, everything you pointed out makes them very useful indeed." In all honesty Dallen wasn't going to throw free offers to the Republic away, not during wartime. Though as a state of procedure of course he would have every unit sent in checked and triple checked to ensure there was nothing suspicious of them. There was nothing wrong with being trusting of a friend and accepting their gift, but it was just good sense to check nothing was out of place. "Once you have all that setup will this place also withstand any attempts from the local wildlife. The shadowlands do have a number of viscious predators lurking about after all. The warehouse won't be torn down over night despite being Pre-Fab right?"

[member="Dallen Thayne"]

"We have some sonic fences, the local wildlife does not enjoy it and we are going to try and work on some repellant for the kinrath. The deeper shadowland creatures shouldn't come this close to the edge but we'll look out for them." Doreen was looking at some of the things while she was also making notes of the wookiee villages near the coast that kept the local wildlife away or at bay at least. "The warehouse will also get some reinforcement in its structure with the prefabrication hopefully not being to much of a problem. Now lets continue towards the shop where the magic happens."

continued in part 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom