Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Golden Sun

iPneeZs.png

382e70c10de83c5b6a4e5291a696db6d.png

THYRSUS

Armor: Auxila Combat Suit
Weapons: Helius BR | Xiphos Vibroblade
Interacting With: [member="Khonsu Amon"]
UQdU2QC.png

"I'm nobody anymore. The Mandalorians took that from me, my identity, my belonging. I need to find my place, a new place to call home. Among all...all of this karking crap. Then, at least...I will know if I deserved to live."
Illyria Syresh

Golden-orange sunlight streamed from overhead, falling onto the rolling hills of sand which dotted the landscape of Thyrsus, giving the land a picturesque appearance. Vessels made of metal flew over the desert landscape, flying both to and from cities that were of great architectural and infrastructural design. When she had first made landfall on the planet, Illyria had viewed it as stunning to see so much sand in just one place, especially considering that it was planet-wide.

Why was she here? Why was she of all people here? Illyria didn't know why she had been called to Thyrsus to finish her "training" as the holo message had said. The woman was confused as to why she was being called to the homeworld of the Thyrsian people to finish training, while she could just as easily train on of the large starships that the Golden Company had, they were thousands of meters long and probably held some form of a training area after all. The young girl knew not why she was truly here, she was nervous, to say the least. Perhaps she had done something amiss, perhaps she had done something wrong that warranted to be called to this planet to face judgment. Had she done something wrong recently? Illyria didn't know, maybe she had. But then what has Syresh done to warrant such a meeting. She was just acting as she always had, nervous, naive, afraid, yet interested in what the future held. She still did hold onto her past like it were a lifeline, which it was to her. She couldn't let go of her past, she refused to. She needed to know if her father was alive, the blue-skinned zabrak loved him too much to just leave him behind...to just believe that he was dead and that that was the end of it. It was impossible...she knew it.

Taking in a deep breath, Illyria closed her curious golden sphere behind the cybernetic optics of her helmet. She needed to remain calm, she couldn't just drink alcohol whenever she felt nervous. It did feel good and made her feel warm and tingly on the inside, though it had led to her accusing someone who was dressed as a Mandalorian to be a murderer. Though the event of that night were still muddy, she never wanted to make such a mistake again. She didn't want to make her Papa disappointed again, as she knew he would be if he had seen her brash display of anger. The Scion of house Syresh released a breath of warm air through her now agape lips. Breathe In...Breathe Out. Breathe In, Breathe Out. Breathe In. Breathe Out. As she did so, her overtaxed brain and emotions began to climb down from their high, reeling in her anxieties and nerves to where she could control them...at least to allow her to be in control of herself.

Whoever it was that she was meeting, she would face them head-on. She hoped that the meeting would go well and that she wasn't in trouble. She knew from such things as holo-movies and from novels that she had read as a child that situations like these were bad. Alas, she knew that books were not real-life...there were no fantasies or happy endings or princes and princesses which went and slayed the dragon to save the one they loved.

Leaning her back against a ruined wall of metal, she crossed her arms over each other over the chestplate of her golden armor and stood there, breathing in and out as she did so. Illyria told herself that it would be fine, that nothing bad would happen. But nothing good had happened since the Mandalorians had attacked...so why should she hope now?

2XmGUvB.png
Thyrsus. It was once thought to be a world long denied to those of the Sun Guard. A distant rock that their Grandsires fought, and died for; only to be exiled to the stars soon after they were defeated by the vile Echani. Now, untethered to their homeworld, those warriors were forced to sustain their offspring on stories of their world’s simplistic majesty - letting none see how they starved for revenge and ached to return home. Such a chance wouldn’t arise until the Sons of their Sons took to the stars, and began sowing the seeds of hatred anew amongst their newly risen families. When that moment came - the Supreme Sun Guardian didn’t seize the opportunity as his subordinates desired. Instead, the man chose to pursue the diplomatic route and sought to end the cycle of hatred by breaking the wheel with words. To no one's surprise, that endeavour failed in the most shameful of fashions. Millennia of hatred couldn’t be tossed aside by pretty words and a firm handshake. Such long-standing grudges could only be settled on the battlefield, where the wheels of the future could be smashed apart by blasters and blade.

It was then, in the aftermath of the broken diplomatic talks, that Khonsu Amon made his move. He struck down the Supreme Sun Guardian in honourable combat and assumed the Sun Guard’s mantle of command, all before launching a reclamation crusade of their distant homeworld. What happened thereafter was still a blur to many within the Golden Company’s ranks. The Thyrsians within Militant Outfit were elated beyond the point of victorious ecstasy, for they had done what their Grandsires couldn’t, and restored their people’s broken warrior spirit. Those who weren’t of Thyrsus, however, found themselves experiencing a multitude of emotions across the spectrum. Some, who adopted the culture and were considered Thyrsians in all but origin, revelled in the spoils of war alongside their brothers and sisters. Others wondered why they needed to take this world in the first place - or were uncaring of what transpired, so long as their bills were being paid. However, it seemed that there was one amongst their number that seemed oddly… misplaced, like she felt as if she didn’t belong. That needed to change.

The Golden Company was originally built on the foundations of brotherhood; collecting the disparate Sons and Daughters of Thyrsus and giving them something that was, at that moment in time, forever denied to them. When losses started to mount, and their outlook was grim, the Gilded Confraternity opened themselves up to outsiders - bringing kindred souls into their resurgent family. It was a difficult period of adjustment, but not long after they opened themselves to these strangers, they found their ranks swelling with faithful converts and entrepreneurs alike. The tides of war may be treacherous, but the glory and wealth that awaited them were too tantalizing to deny. There was also the newfound value, that drew in many others who didn't care about fame or fortune. It was the bonds forged by conflict; the families such reckless destruction wrought. They were given a second chance at life and given the tools to succeed. For the Broken, the outcasts, and the orphaned were reforged from shadows and shame, and recast in glittering hues of Gold and Black. There weren't many places amongst the stars that could claim the same.

Suffice to say, when the whispers of an errant soul arose within their Gilded Confraternity, Khonsu elected to handle the matter personally. Despite the protestations of his Subordinate Commanders and their advisors, the Supreme Sun Guardian went alone - with nothing more than a small autonomous transport to ferry him to their arranged gathering place. They feared what would transpire, should this woman prove to be an assassin sent from one of the Sun Guard’s many enemies. If was alone and unguarded when he was slain, the entire Band of Mercenaries - the family they built together - would be threatened, and would likely fall apart at the seams. The Thyrsian Warlord, on the other hand, believed that their concerns were unwarranted. When the name of that errant woman was revealed to him, the man recalled their brief encounter over the Hunter’s Moon - and the drink they shared together. She wasn’t an assassin - not one that would endanger him in any way. Thus, he threw aside their words of warning and caution.

She was an old acquaintance and a fledgling member of the Sun Guard. If she held the promise of violence and death? Well, then there were worse ways to die. So, with that thought in hand, the Thyrsian Warlord adorned himself in his signature battle armour and ventured out into the dunes of his reconquered homeworld. Gone were the gaudy talismans of combat that usually clung to his armour, such as the tanned hide that cascaded from his shoulders and the gauss rifle that was magnetically sealed to the backplate’s hardpoint. His twinned pistols were also missing from the ensemble, and so too was the sword that was lashed to his waist. Instead of adopting the visage of a walking armoury - Khonsu appeared to be nothing more than an armoured man, rather than the legendary gilded figure he threatened to become. Yet, the Sun Guard didn’t set out into the sprawling dunes unarmed, for to do so was to be swallowed whole by the many dangers that lurked beneath the sands.

The Warlord carried a singular weapon, affixed to his armour by a magnetic hardpoint just below the small of his back. Its beskar-forged haft was retracted, much to the point that the spear looked like nothing more than an ostentatious dagger - whose plasmatic lethality was extinguished, leaving the blade lifeless and inert.

It was then, as his hands started to drift towards that very weapon, the anti-gravitic transport began to slow; cycling down its various accelerators before coming to a halt at the edges of a ruined settlement. It was their designated meeting point, for it was far out of the way of prying eyes and would give them the privacy they’d require in order to have a conversation without fear of political reprisal. Such was the Warlord’s world, now. He needed to be careful with his words, lest he angered an allied Clan - who’d then deprive him of their much-needed resources and war material. So, a neutral place was needed, where the cursed earth beneath their feet wasn’t claimed by one of the Clans, and outsiders were exceedingly rare. Therefore, this ruined settlement was perfect for their outing.

When the transport’s door opened, and Khonsu trudged through the sand, his false-firelight shrouded eyes found themselves drawn to the armoured outline of the woman whose presence he requested. She wore the armour of the Initiates - much as she did over Sojourn when they had first met. “Lady Syresh!” the Thyrsian called out, as his gilded boots carried his armoured form ever-closer. “Thank you for meeting with me on such short notice.”

As he came to stand beside the Zabraki woman, the gilded plating of his faceplate retracted to reveal a warm, pearlescent smile.

“I haven’t been making you wait long, have I?”

| [member="Illyria Syresh"] |

iPneeZs.png

382e70c10de83c5b6a4e5291a696db6d.png

THYRSUS

Armor: Auxila Combat Suit
Weapons: Helius BR | Xiphos Vibroblade
Interacting With: [member="Khonsu Amon"]
UQdU2QC.png

"I'm nobody anymore. The Mandalorians took that from me, my identity, my belonging. I need to find my place, a new place to call home. Among all...all of this karking crap. Then, at least...I will know if I deserved to live."
Illyria Syresh

Illyria had been expecting for someone to approach her that she knew not. After all, she had been called to Thyrsus without knowing as to why she had been called. Despite the young woman trying to keep herself calm and worry-free without anxiety, her mind couldn't stop but wonder as to who was meeting with her. It could be somebody that she knew, yet she doubted that whole-heartedly. The only individual whom she had met among the Golden Company was one Khonsu Amon, a thyrsian and the 'leader' of the Golden Company. At least, that was what little the blue-skinned zabrak knew of the man. Truth be told, she knew little of him save for their one encounter in the past. An encounter which the Scion of house Syresh believed had been a good one, one that showed that she could trust people...that she could trust him at least. For all of his gruff and rough personality on the outside, she had seen a part of him which was none of that. Illy liked to try and see the best in people, nobody was just 'black-and-white,' nobody. They were full of colors, full of faces, masks, emotions...they just chose to show a piece of themselves at different times in life, never at one singular time all at once.

When Syresh had heard the armored man's voice and seen his face be revealed, she couldn't help but smile under the cover of her helmet. She was glad that it was Khonsu, she was glad that it was someone whom she considered a friend despite how little the two of them had interacted with one another. She knew that it was bad of herself to consider anybody who was nice to her to be a friend and an ally, but she couldn't help herself. Despite what she had endured at the hands of the Mandalorians, Illyria still found it hard to see people for their faults. She found it hard to see people as untrustworthy and evil, nobody was evil, right? Fantasies were not real, so that meant the dark lords were not either. At least, that was what the naive young woman believed with all of her good intentions.

"Khonsu? I had no idea that you were coming here," Illyria said, unable to contain the relief in her voice at realizing that he had come and not someone whom she knew not.

As the large, armored man came to stand beside her, Illyria's neck bent to allow her gaze to look upwards at the tall male. She knew Khonsu was a large and imposing figure, but she had never known how much until she was now standing near him. Previously, the two had only interacted where the two of them had been sitting across from one another. At that time, she had not needed to look up at him, their eyes met without any awkward movements. Now, however, the young woman realized how short she was compared to Khonsu. She barely came up to the top of his shoulder, something which she would find amusing later.

The golden faceplate which covered the lower part of her face drew away and recedded into the confines of her helmet, revealing a soft and pointed blue chin with a smile peeking out from her un-scarred, blue skin.

"No, no you haven't. I've just been enjoying how beautiful your planet looks, I never knew that a single world could have so much sand on it. I apologize if I appear a little surprised."

2XmGUvB.png
From the subtle cracks in her voice, and in the shifting of her stance atop the sands, Khonsu could tell that she was startled to see him. That wasn’t what he wanted, nor what he asked of his Equerry when the man was ordered to compose the summons. It seemed that his authentication ciphers were omitted from the missive before it was sent. Doubtlessly, that left Illyria in the dark as to who she would be meeting, and what their gathering on neutral soil would concern. The man would have words with his attendant, and likely punish him should the creature deny his mistake - rather than seek to rectify it.

Nevertheless, the Sun Guard was pleased that the message got through to the intended recipient and that she arrived earlier than expected. Such prompt behaviour was to be commended, but the man figured she only arrived early because of what malign portents an unsigned transmission would convey. Perhaps she believed that she was being removed from the Golden Company, or punished in some fashion for a perceived slight that occurred during her last deployment.

Khonsu could only fathom what dark thoughts raced through her mind before he revealed himself, and felt a pang of guilt echo within his mind. In many respects, it wasn’t fair to put her through such an ordeal. However, it mattered little in the grand scheme of things. The woman was damaged goods - thanks in part to the Mandalorians and a comfortable lifestyle in the nobility caste. Despite those apparent flaws in her character, the Sun Guard saw something in that woman that many others didn’t.

Sure, she was soft by his standards - but so was clay before it went into the kiln. This Zabraki woman had the chance to become something more than she already was. A purpose that went unseen by many that would one day drive her towards untold glories on the battlefield.

Blinking aside the possibilities of an uncertain future, Khonsu retained his warm and inviting smile as the woman’s helmet began to retract. It was only the mouthpiece, which revealed the supple azure flesh beneath - but it was enough for them to talk without the falsehoods brought forth by mechanically rendered voices. Emotion would flavour their words from that point forward, and doubtlessly lead towards them having a moment; something that was purely platonic between a subordinate and their commander.

“There is nothing to apologize for,” Khonsu stated as the woman brought the direction of their conversation back towards her sensation of shock, and surprise. “It seems there was an authentication error on my end before the message was delivered. If anything, I should be the one asking for your forgiveness - if any distress was caused.”

His words were surprisingly genuine. Khonsu was often accredited as nothing more than a soulless monster by his detractors across the stars, Khonsu cared for those that fought for his dream. Even though many that stood within the gilded ranks of the Sun Guard didn’t hail from Thyrsus, they still fought beside him and earned his respect on the battlefield. He cared for them as if they were his family. Treating them all - be they probationary initiates or veterans - like the long-lost brothers and sisters he never had during his childhood. So much so that he went out of his way, eschewing his duties as Supreme Sun Guardian, to meet with an Initiate having troubles fitting into his organization.

If only his detractors could see him now.

“According to legend,” Khonsu began, as his eyes turned towards the distance and the twinned suns blazing above. The man wanted to steer the conversation away from the expected apologies that would ensue - if he remained quiet. There was little reason to dwell on the mistakes of his Equerry, especially when they were bleeding daylight - and much needed to be done. “Thyrsus was once a paradise world, much like Tatooine once was- eons ago. There were vast oceans of fresh, and salted water as far as the eye could see, with leagues of greenery that stretched to the horizon. However, an ancient empire that once ruled the stars turned our worlds to glass for reasons lost to the annals of history.”

“All that remains,” the Thyrsian Warlord said with a fading smile, as he tore his eyes away from the horizon to focus on the horned Zabraki before him. “Are the echoes of their lost civilization, the sands, and the pockets of nature that defied the hand that fate dealt.”

“In many ways, I suppose you could say that’s why I summoned you here today. There are rumours abound that you’ve verbally accused several of the Mandalorian converts within our ranks to be murderers and that you’ve been having… issues whenever you’ve gone through combat training.”

“Aside from your history of nobility, I’d like to know the story behind why.”
| [member="Illyria Syresh"] |

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom