Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Guns Girls (Chevu Visz vs Coren Starchaser)

Chevu and Coren had been master and student for some time now. The two fought Gundarks together as well as smoke demons. She knew the inside of his ship like the back of her hand, as well as where he hid his liquor bottles. The Corellian and Mirialan moved through missions as if each step was choreographed and pitch perfect, not a note out of tune. She didn't need to wait for his commands. She acted, and it was in sync. It just worked. Except for today when it didn't.

Today the tune was discordant. There were glitches in the recording. Cacophony and indeterminacy. The hiss and hum of static.

Chevu took the hit squarely in her shoulder and felt herself knocked flat on her back with Coren pinning her down.

She struggled underneath of him, feeling the dark side taking root, sinking into the fertile ground of her ragged confusing emotions. She knew she could use the forbidden energy to throw him off. Or she could resist its dark lullaby and lose the fight, submitting to him.

She chose to focus on the light inside, shoving out the darkness with an angry cry.

[member="Coren Starchaser"]

How long had these two been working together? A long time. Coren was sure that Chevu knew too many things about his habits that she would be rather better off not knowing, and that was one the major concerns here. Chevu was Coren’s student, regardless if he didn’t choose to be her instructor initially, she was his protégée now. There was a part of him that was scared as a result, but another part that wouldn’t have it any other way. He wasn’t one to get too close to people, especially when there was a mission to undertake.

Face to face, things were complicated. Coren knew Chevu’s tricks, well, some, and she knew what he was capable of, even if he was still determining and exploring the limitations of his powers, especially the ones resulting from Aing-Tii education. With the chair, that was something he hadn’t done in the past, but he acted on instinct, and with all of his attention on this battle, there was a focus he wasn’t quite used to. Not when fighting enemies of the state, but when fighting friends who were out to get him? That was complicated and required even more of his attention.

When he and his apprentice hit the ground, Coren could feel the dark side taking route, not only in his student, but in both of them. He was goading her, he was testing her, and he was doing so in perhaps the worst manner. There was a part of him that was enjoying the unbridled passion in his student, but also part of him was wanting to see just how far she would go before she knew what she was doing.

“Who are you, Chevu?” He said, his arms pinning her down at the shoulder, his body straddling her midsection to keep her moving, legs tight to her waist. “Who are you? Are you my student? Or are you trapped by that Sith? You can’t be both.” This was more to him than just the injury of the slavers.

[member="Chevu Visz"]

She growled and twisted from side to side, body churning like a cornered animal, trying to throw him off. His physical strength was greater than hers, so despite her writhing, Coren didn't budge. Her green fingers clenched and unclenched at her sides, twitching like the legs of insects. She hurt all over and just wanted to go home to Sullust.

"Get off me, you fether!"

His face looming over hers, Coren wanted to know...no, demanded to know who she was. Was she his student? Or was she trapped by that Sith, that Sith meaning Gabriel, who was not only not a Sith, but also the father of her children? Her mouth made an outraged "O" shape, eyes flashing darkly. Unfair. It was cruel to make her choose, when to Chevu, her relationships with the two men followed parallel lines, never curving or intertwining.

"Why?" she asked, squirming underneath him. "Why are you forcing me to choose, Coren?"

She didn't understand. She had to be his student. It was what Master Oomomo wanted. It was what she wanted.

There weren’t many times when Coren Starchaser could roll a higher strength score than someone else, but when it came down to it? He’d get a lucky twenty every so often. And that was here and now, against his student. The hit had the jump on her and the pair had flown to the floor. There was much that needed to be done and getting her to focus was the only way he could think about doing that. Pinning her, he had her attention.

Get off? No. He needed her in his corner. He wanted her in his corner.

Why did she need to swear away from this? He had his reasons. Carrying around with the prisoner, one who was still not proven to be useful aside from sharing information on enemies of the Sith as well as an enemy of common decency in the galaxy, yes, he saw news broadcasts and the history of rival nations, was not going to win her points. She was here by some will of the Force, it was her that was here, not her Master and there had to be a reason for that.

Chevu needed to lead. And if she was going to be Coren’s student any longer, she needed to lead from the front lines. He’d been watching her in the weeks and months since they entered the master-student relationship, and he knew she was like him. Someone that would back him on zealous gambles. “Because, I need you at my side. I need to know you’ve got the mission on your mind.” The mission and whatever came with it. His tone was softer. He knew the connection she had to Gabriel, the one he could never break the one he would never attempt to break.

If she would but the task ahead of people, she was what was needed to run this nation, the Jedi, and the military, to victory.

[member="Chevu Visz"]

Black eyes bore into his. Her chest heaved, but she’d stopped struggling. Chevu could have thrown him off by now, but she didn’t move. “Damnit Coren. I am on your side.” she insisted through gritted teeth. “When have I not had the mission on my mind?”

Wait don't answer that.

Taris aside, Chevu had what it took, but did he ever recognize it? No. Time after time, she was only reminded of her failures. His praise was that distant nebula that she could never quite reach. The Mirialan Knight was one of the best they had, but it was never good enough for him.

Some people had dreams. Coren had goals. Starchaser had laser-like focus on what he wanted to achieve and how to achieve it. If you chased two rabbits, both animals would escape. Chevu understood this. Yet, he’d still lost faith in her. To Coren, she was a foolish girl, playing space house with a Sith Lord. She was so much more, and the karker knew it.

“What do you need me to do to fething prove it to you?”

Why wasn’t he moving?

Stopped struggling? Was she relenting? Coren Starchaser was not let his apprentice get away from this without declaring she was bested. It was what needed to be done, it was required if he was going to pull her from the brink of future failure. He could understand the desire to be around the father of her illegitimate children, but the man was untrustworthy, so long as he carried that face. And for Coren? Seeing his student having shared genetics with the sworn enemy of common decency was too much to take and he needed to know where she was on the sliding scale of the Force.

Was she on his team? Or theirs?

She had potential, even if it was untried, she had tested it and he could see her being a leader, but so much happened so fast and the title was removed from her, due in no small part to him. She needed to be better than ‘one of the best,’ wasn’t that why her Sullustan master had pointed her in his direction? He was going to push her beyond where she thought she could go. She was going to be pushed to her best.

What did he need from her?

“I need you to recognize that I know what I’m doing, that it may not always seem it, but I have a plan. I’m not mindlessly crusading, and if you want to keep up, its either walk on my side, or get out of my way.” He looked down at her. “You’ve gone on too far with everything since your situation at Taris, its time for this to be remedied.”

[member="Chevu Visz"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom