Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Golan Arms Docking Station (GADS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[ IMAGE ]​

Image Source: http://prinzeugn.deviantart.com/art/Asteroid-Base-Baseteroid-61646858
Affiliation: Golan Arms, The Commonwealth
Manufacturer: Golan Arms/Commonwealth
Model: GADS (Unique, no specific Model or full blueprints)
Modularity: Station can decouple other stations and rejoin others
Production: Unique
Material: Durasteel, Asteroid Rock
Classification: Orbital R.R.R. Dock (Repair, Refuel, Restock), Prison Station, Shadowport

Length:
Docking Station: 1000m
3x Prison Asteroids: 700m
1x Naval Utility Asteroid: 700m
1x Main Station Asteroid: 1200m

Width:
Docking Station: 550m
3x Prison Asteroids: 500m
1x Naval Utility Asteroid: 500m
1x Main Station Asteroid: 800m

Height:
Docking Station: 600m
3x Prison Asteroids: ~637m
1x Naval Utility Asteroid: 644m
1x Main Station Asteroid: 997m

Total Dimensions:
Length: 2950m
Width: 2100m
Height: 1000m

Armament:
Rating: 10
- 1x HX.6 Turbolaser Battery
- 20x Turbolaser batteries
- 47x FPC 6.7 Anti-Aircraft Battery

Defenses:
Rating: 10
- Shielded Hangars
- Additional thick Asteroid outer shell (extra armor layer, but if destroyed may cause destabilization)

Hangar:
2 Squadrons
- 18x Warpods
- 4x Utility Hangars, each capable of of holding up to 4x Shuttles, each with a max length of 20m (Location: Each Smaller Asteroid)
- 6x Separate Hangars, each capable of holding 16 average sized Starfighters. 4x Reserved for repairing (Location: Main Docking Facility)

Special Features:
- Prisonroids (Each Prison Asteroid is completely a Prison, they are dependent on their docking arms to be attached to other stations for other essentials)
- 4x Standard comm array, short-range communications array (Location: Each Smaller Asteroid)
- 1x Main comm array, long-range communications array (Location: Main Asteroid/Facility)
- 4x Separate Docking Hangars, each capable of handling 1 Ship up to 300m. All Reserved for repairing (Location: Main Docking Facility)
- 4x Docking Arms, each capable of docking with ships up to 500m (Location: Main Docking Facility)
- 1x Docking Arm, capable of docking with a ship from 500m-900m (Location: Southern Naval Utility Facility Asteroid)
- 1x Docking Arm and magnetic clamp, capable of docking and holding in place a ship from 900m-1200m (Location: North-Western Slave Sector Asteroid)

Maneuverability Rating: 20 (Doesn't orbit anything, stays relatively in a specific location with small thrusters just in case they are needed)
Speed Rating: N/A
Hyperdrive Class: N/A

Strengths:
Defendable - It has enough weaponry to hold its own against a medium-sized fleet against anything not Major Faction related
Sacrificing - In emergencies, the station can decouple any of the external asteroid stations and they can became, essentially, a "meat shield," and allow the main station to stay safe while the asteroid station gets pummeled (only works if the target is in front or close to one of the asteroid bases)

Weaknesses:
Shielding - The facility has absolutely no shielding except for the Hangars. Other than that, it has only Blast Doors
Asteroids - While they can take damage before the main structure does, too much damage in critical points can cause destabilization of the station it is attached to
Power Fluctuations - Relatively rare, as with the genius powering style (in description), but the installation of such a system was horrible. Small chance for the entire station to power down when going into Weapons Mode

Description: GADS was the problem solver of the old days of Golan Arms after the Virus, where they didn't have enough manpower or really any place to hoard their goods, resulting in enemy pirates, or even wanna-be authorities having the ability to easily hound Golan Arms vessels enough until they either were forced to surrender, or were destroyed or disabled in a way that their treasures were ceased or stolen. Originally, the facility only catered to vessels of up to 300 meters in size, as Golan Arms couldn't crew anything larger, and they needed pilots for their fighters which they used to harass and raid their targets. It started only with the main (very large) asteroid, and the naval utility asteroid (southern). Giving repair bays and parking arms for ships to cool down. The added asteroids weren't to hold teasure, goods, weapons, or other items, but attached so they could efficiently enter the slave trade. Using slaves to help with ship repairs and selling them greatly increased their income. Sometimes, they could even venture into deals of trading slaves for necessary essentials.

GADS is currently the only source for repairing damaged vessels and an area to let them "park." It is the mainstay of Golan Arms Space Vessel collection and repair, even while mostly part of asteroids, is continuously a major undertaking by the current Golan Arms and owner. It is home to over 3,000 slaves, acting like a prison, using slaves not purchased as slave labor. Typically used in the repairing of Golan Arms ships and construction means in other parts of the galaxy. It is effectively immobile, but is one of only a few of Golan Arms major credit makers, mostly holding the slaves they sell for the slave market. However, while Golan Arms has become somewhat a criminal organization, and this space station is somewhat a prison, it is attempted that the slaves do not live in filth. Unhealthy, sick, lanky slaves do not fetch a price, nor do they work well. While Golan Arms doesn't really have a "fleet," the station is prepared for any kind of influx of ships at any moment, mostly having technicians and engineers plan accordingly and utilizing their local workforce. GADS utilizes Golans primary expertise with that of Space Stations and Space Colonies, combining them, and using them in conjunction with asteroids to use fewer resources. It has a slight military outfitting to protect its precious cargo from enemies, a problem Golan Arms used to have when they couldn't protect their valuables; this was the solution. The Station was constructed with various stolen pieces of hardware and software, making them old and dated, resulting in possible (but very rare) hardware errors/malfunctions/power fluctuations.

To maintain correct, cheap, and efficient power flow, the base relies on two main power supplies. During times of no hostiles or threats, the base generally runs off of its Proton-8 Reactor, providing power throughout the entire base, excluding all weaponry. Once it goes into weapons mode, or essentially 'red alert,' the Proton-8 Reactor stops powering all systems, and switches power over to the HX.6 Turbolaser Battery. giving its full potential of power. The rest of the main base is powered by its 7085 Ionization Reactor and Regulators, similar to the smaller asteroids. But all weapons other than the HX.6 are powered by the various ViX Multiflux Reactors, ensuring any power loss can be saved for essential systems. Meaning, the Ship Hangar Forcefields stay active, and don't blow anything out.

(The Station acts like the International Space Station, allowing different modules(asteroids) to be attached or in replacement of old ones. But the Asteroids must be individually towed to location, and then hollowed and the station constructed all on site at the main station)

Development Thread: Two Worlds Collide
Intent: Give Golan Arms a repair shipyard (No ship construction) and a place to store slaves and ships not in use
Who Can Use This: N/A
Primary Source: Location Sub GADS(Holds unnecessary additional information, will also be resubbed later)

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Neldar Poska"], this is a neat piece of world crafting, which I always like to see.

For the dimensions, can you give me overall maximum lengths of the length, width, and height of the asteroids joined together as a single, collective station?

Once I know these figures, I can better provide you with the steps forward towards getting this approved.

[member="Neldar Poska"], cool, please put those numbers in the length, width, and height sections along with the dimensions of the individual component facilities.

Because of its current size, this will need a development thread. From the first post of the Starship Information & Template thread :

4. Ships and stations at or above 2,400 meters will always require a development thread. Minimum: 30 posts, 3 writers.
As an alternative, you could make the station smaller, which would mean that you would need less writers and posts. The specifics of those are listed in the Starship Information & Template thread, but if you didn't want to do any development, the maximum dimension of this would have to be less than 1000 meters.

[member="Gir Quee"]

I'll have this done momentarily, I already started a dev thread, just need to add someone. Thanks! I want to note, my meters could possibly be 50-100m less. It was awkward figuring out the length of the module arms. Don't know if that matters

Neldar Poska said:
Thanks! I want to note, my meters could possibly be 50-100m less. It was awkward figuring out the length of the module arms. Don't know if that matters
It's all good. Aside from meeting the length requirements as set by the general rules, I'm mostly interested in rough ballpark figures, especially if it's a non-combatant designed ship/station. Though I see that you've set it at 1000 meters exactly, which is the maximum length that will allow your company to own and use it right now at its current tier.

Looks good. Let me know when the thread reaches 30 posts.

I just went over this one more time, and one thing stood out to me.

Neldar Poska said:
Hangar: 2 Squadrons - 18x Warpods - 4x Utility Hangars, each capable of of holding up to 4x Shuttles, each with a max length of 20m (Location: Each Smaller Asteroid) - 6x Separate Hangars, each capable of holding 16 average sized Starfighters. 4x Reserved for repairing (Location: Main Docking Facility)

From the template for the civilian space station:
Hangar: Civilian stations are not used to hold starfighter squadrons. You may list Vehicles or Docking Bays for capital ships other items of note here.)
So with that said, I would recommend editing certain parts of the hangar section to be a bit more generic.

[member="Gir Quee"]

While classification may not be strictly military, the weapons make it a defense platform, so I suppose that should go in classification, although technically it just wants to protect its very expensive slave asteroids. By any means.

As Silencia posted on the Location sub, it is militarial. It also uses the Military Station Template

[member="Neldar Poska"], I just got confirmation from the factory admin that military stations are under the same rules as company-owned combat starships. Here are the rules for companies owning starships:

4. Companies may own and operate a realistic amount of combat starships where maximum length per ship = ( Tier Number x 1000 ) / 3 and maximum fleet length = ((Tier Number x 1000) x (Tier Number)) / 2
Golan Arms is a Tier II company. So the maximum length of a combat ship/station it can own is (2 x 1000) / 3 => 666.67 meters.

As a Tier II company,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom