Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go Slowly Now, Sands of Time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3QW8PVyyNM​

L O T H A L
Temple of the Jedi

Many years ago...

Before Palpatine's Galactic Empire. Before the Clone Wars. Before the Hyperspace War, a young Jedi had been introduced to an ancient set of artifacts that were known as the Muntuur Stones.

Then, the stones had been on Coruscant, in the Kuddaka Chamber. That had been the time of the Old Republic. When Sor-Jan had arrived in the present century, and found his Jedi brethren survived as part of a New Republic, he was re-acquainted with the stones again. This time on Ossus.

He was meeting them again, for a third time. Now on Lothal. To some Jedi, a new temple might seem odd. Particularly this far from Republic space. But with everything that had been going on with the exercise of 'democracy,' the teenage Anzat could appreciate the spectre of neutrality this location gave the Jedi. In his day, the Jedi had allowed themselves to become too embroiled in the politics and wars of petty men. And, in so doing, waltzed into their own demise, and the death of democracy, unwitting pawns in schemes of the Sith.

Slowly, elegantly, the boy moved through a series of movements which might have resembled lightsaber dulon exercises -- a series of moves as though one were fighting an imaginary opponent -- except he carried no lightsaber with him. While the motions, themselves, could be recognizable from Soresu, the execution of the movements was slow. Methodical. Deliberate, almost intimate.

It was a meditative exercise known as Alchaka. Finding his center, achieving a state of mental clarity, by opening his body to the Force.

"There is no emotion, there is peace."

His master's voice, still echoing through his mind hundreds of years after their last conversation. Extending out one hand, the Anzat turned his attention to the largest stone in the room. Most weighed only a single ton. This? This was the test of a Jedi Knight, weighing in at over five tons.

Slowly, the boy stretched out with the Force, bringing his hand up slowly as the massive stone began to tremble.

"Ignorance, yet... yet knowledge."

The voice of a child. The memory of a little boy. A Rutian Twi'lek. He'd been Sor-Jan's first padawan. The memory triggered a smile, and a tear in the boy's eye all the same time.

There was emotion. And it was a convoluted mix of them.

As his will faltered, the stone that had just started to wiggle free of the ground instead settled back in a scattering of small pebbles. Exhaling with halted breath, the young Anzat swallowed as went through another cycle of Soresu orbits. Trying to regain his focus. Chasing all the demons of the past, and reconcile with all the ghosts he'd left behind.

"Passion, yet harmony. No... wait. Serenity!"

Stretching out his hand a second time, the young knight applied his will to the Force. Again, the stone trembled. Again, he slowly raised his hand upward. In his minds eye, he could see his master doing the same. A Thisspiasian. Four stones levitated as the serpentine master held all four of his arms outward.

His padawan. His friend. The best Jedi Knight that Sor-Jan had ever known. And a better man than the Anzat could have ever hoped to have become. The first time he'd managed to lift one of the Muntuur Stones, he'd been grinning like a school boy.

Sor-Jan's hand went up through the air. So came the large stone, hovering in the air several meters off the ground. The boy opened his eyes with a gasp. He could feel the Force. As his master had. And his master, before him. As his padawan had.

The boy's head jerked to one side. The memory of a clone trooper -- 3X238, though they'd called him Eyes -- clipping Sor-Jan in the side with a blaster bolt. They had fought beside each other for the better part of a year. And suddenly the clones had turned on him.

On all of them.

Except, Sor-Jan had lived. He'd been out here. Near Lothal, as a matter of fact. He hadn't been there, on Coruscant, when the temple had been sacked. He hadn't been there, when his padawan had met whatever fate that befallen him. And that was, perhaps, the saddest part of everything. Dilly had been the best part of Sor-Jan's life. And he had no idea what had happened to that happy, little boy that he'd been so blessed to watch grow into a Jedi Healer.

"The Force will be with you, always. And so will I."

Pulling his arms back into another Soresu orbit, the Anzat went through a series of breathing exercises. Repeating to himself, emotion, yet peace. Emotion, yet peace..

Stretching out with his other hand, the Anzat grabbed hold of a second stone, and felt a tremor through the ground as it's weight was disturbed. Slowly, it ascended above the ground as Sor-Jan trembled with the pressure he could feel mounting through the Force. His heart racing. His breath echoing in his ears.

"In returning this lightsaber to you, I return your trust."

The motions of earlier were different now. Shien, not Soresu. Aggressive. Forward. As the boy bowed down, he balled his hands into fists and came up from the ground as though a dead-lifter struggling with an overwhelming challenge. The garden trembled as the young Jedi stretched out to the stones once more. The two stone levitating in the air dipped, even as the third began to shudder.

The veins were standing out along his neck and forehead. "I am a Jedi Knight..." the boy uttered aloud, gritting his teeth as sweat ran down his brow. "...as my master was before me." Azul Gol, the Thisspiasian Jedi Watchman, four stones levitated at his command.

He would not be bowed. There would be three stones!
Hunger.

It came without warning. Without mercy. Without remorse.

Not the Dark Side of the Force, but an instinct. Primal and raw. It was the shadow of his soul. A feeling like that of a man who had gone a day without eating. Natural, yet wrong. Very wrong.

The boy dropped to a knee, struggling as he held both hands out and managed to hold the two stones in the air tenuously... mere centimeters above the ground now.

Kill and eat.

Coming up from the ground, the young Jedi let loose a howl as he shoved both hands upward. And three of the Muntuur Stones rose with him. Staggered, the boy tried to find his footing as he held himself aloft, arms raised as if in victory's repose, as he trembled in awe of the power that was now holding up more than seven tons.

His master had been able to lift four. Sor-Jan was struggling to maintain his control or concentration with two, three was pushing himself to the absolute limits of his resolve.

Feed me.

With a gasp, the teenage Jedi collapsed to the ground.

The stones dropped with a boom that echoed throughout the temple, and sent tremors through the adjacent chambers. And left him there, huddled in the dust as it settled, laboring to catch his breath.

The Force was strong in him. But was it strong enough?

[member="Noriko Ike"]​

[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

There was something here, a sensation within the force while she moved and ran through the fields. From the settlement in the distance with the equipment pack and her lightsaber over the armor that was in her room. her mother had recommended traiing with one of the jedi knights within the order after her lessons with Soresu and the rather interesting time they had went through as Noriko weaved under a fallen piece of stone propped up by another. A good way to work with some of the things as her bangs got in her face and she lept over another rocks landing in a crouch while she rolled towards the stables and slid under one of the fences to keep the animals in. Through the hay and up while she brushed herself off and was going down towards the gardens they had been building with a grin on her face moving and running slightly along the wall to go around the corner and into the room as she saw the young jedi knight and raised an eyebrow. "Master Xantha?" She was ninety nine percent certain but best to be careful while she was moving to stand still.

The sound of his name caught his attention.

Glancing up, the boy spied the enigmatic padawan. A mystery, through and through. "Oh... hey, Noriko," the teenage boy managed, picking himself up from the ground and brushing himself off. Clouds of dust flew into the air as he patted his clothing, as he'd been peppered by the sand and debris knocked into the air by the impact of the stones dropping.

Looking back up at the padawan, the boy offered, "Sorry about the noise."

[member="Noriko Ike"]​

She looked him over while looking over a few of he things with herself looking at the jedi knight as she offered a smile. "It is no worries master, I have had a lot of noise living with my mother." She said it with a smile but was offering a peter pan pose while she flicked her hair back. "I am more then ready to get into the fun." She was ready backing up and raising her arms while she stretched letting her shirt ride up a little with her bones popping as her spine stretched with her jerking over the side a little stretching her arms out a little and popping at the joints and knuckles. "Ph I am ready."

As he finished dusting himself off, the boy nodded in acknowledgment.

"Have you practiced with the Muntuur Stones before?" the boy asked, curiously. The young Atrisian had done a good deal of training before she'd come to him. So it was always interesting to get clues or insights into her particular talents.

"Among the Jedi, this is one of the most challenging puzzles I know of," the boy added, turning back to look around the stone garden. "Even Master Yoda could not lift all of the stones," he recalled, somewhat wistfully as he thought back on the small, green teacher.

[member="Noriko Ike"]​

She was looking at her master and some thoughts came now. In truth really fun times lifting stones or trying to there was really only one or two she guessed might get close to being able to. She shook her head though. "No I haven't worked with them before, my old masters believed in practical training as they called it in the field." Which was why she had strong self repairing phrik armor as a padawan and a general sense of surviving since Kana and Vulpesen had both abandoned her on planets that were semi hostile. "But I can try." SHe was looking around and at the stones while some thoughts went to what she had before rubbing her hands together. "So how does one try this thing."

The young Anzat smiled, genuinely.

How many times had he, or some other padawan in the Temple made a similar remark. Force forbid that Master Yoda should have overheard it. "There is no 'try,' Noriko," the boy answered warmly.

Reaching out his hand, a small pebble was lifted from out of the stone garden. It hovered in the air, orbiting around the upraised palm of the adolescent vampire. "Stretch out with your feelings. Visualize what it is you want to move," the boy instructed quietly. "This pebble, one of those stones. Do not judge them by their size."

[member="Noriko Ike"]​

She gave a nod of her head to that, focusing for a moment and clapping as she smacked her hands together until she felt the heat and had herself ready. The saber staff on her hip gleaming with the purple metal and clear casings to show the different crystals. She could feel the pontite and the solari there on her hip while the calming aura let her focus before she exhaled. Then a sharp inhale through her teeth before she flung her arms out to get focus, feet spacing and bracing, tongue gently circling the roof of her mouth and slowly, ever so slowly the air in her lungs as she felt the force within it going to her limbs. Through the sinew and bones until it was at her finger tips and she exhaled reaching out in her mind towards the stones to lift them and met the resistance. THe weight which she got, size might not matter but more weight and gravity were never nice about things before she was lifting some of the stone near herself and breathing in to get another wind before exhaling to try and lift more.

She was capable.

More than that, she was powerful. More so than a padawan. Or, at least, she demonstrated control and strength beyond that of what he expected of an apprentice. "Good," the boy remarked, smiling as he watched. In awe, as always, of how the Force worked through those around him.

"Let go your conscious self," he urged, eager to see how many of the stones she would manage. Was it pride to hope that the student would exceed the master? Could see handle three? Perhaps four? "Feel the Force flowing through you."

[member="Noriko Ike"]​

Remember that a jedi can feel the force flowing through them. The words were echoing in her head while she breathed and sank deeper and deeper into the stream of the force. She was letting it expand outwards to hold and lift what she could find in the room and force. The floating meditation going throughout her mind while the force swirled blowing her hair in thick black bangs before she was vibrating almost with a supernatural hum under her skin to lift the stones. More stones floating instead of higher while she was expanding the field of force energy to lift the small pebbles and heavy stones. She got them several inches up while her hands extended out fully fingers locked in place, stretched and bones popping before she sank down into the ground a little like the weight was on her shoulders more crouching.

She was making substantial progress.

"Good," the boy noted, even as he reached out a hand to support her back as she seemed to physically respond to the load that was now pressing against her through the Force.

"Careful not to over exert yourself," the young Anzat noted, as the strain on her body was becoming apparent. "The Force is infinite. You are not."

Strange, how so simple a piece of obvious wisdom was so quickly discarded or forgotten. A mistake the young Anzat had been guilty of a time or twelve as well.

[member="Noriko Ike"]​

She could hear the worlds like they were coming to her through water or something, the young atrisian was focused on her task and almost a tunnel vision as the stones hefted up until she couldn't expand and lift up more. Her attention going to more maintaining them for as long as she could before dropping them and falling on her back with her body stiff as a board but also like jelly while she opened her eyes. "Did I do good?" She said it with some wonder and drive to be good while smiling to herself and feeling the thick black bangs plastered to her forehead with sweat before she tried to roll over to help herself up and failed.

Reaching down, the young Anzat helped the Atrisian rise back to her feet.

"Excellently done," the young Jedi supplied in answer, waiting to make certain that the woman could get her feet underneath herself and hold herself steady before he'd let got or take a step back. "My first padawan became a Jedi Healer. When I last saw him, he could lift one of these stones," the youth remarked, to help elaborate on the answer.

"My own Master was a Thisspiasian. He could lift four stones," Sor-Jan noted, to offer an example at a different end of the spectrum. "I lived in the time of Yoda, the greatest of all of us," the Anzat recalled, pointing to the best Jedi he had ever known or encountered. "I saw him lift five stones."

"Me? Three seems to be my magic number."

[member="Noriko Ike"]​

She was up holding her masters hand for a moment as she stod there bracing herself for a moment and then straightening up as she listened about the different padawans and his masters. That got a look from her though when he said how old he was raising her interest. That was a rather fun idea while she got her footing and straightened up more while she popped her neck and shoulders. "Haha, that would make you old... very old." It hurt a little to laugh while she was looking over a couple of the things but the stones had been quite cool to use and she didn't know how many she had managed to lift in the end but there was the satisfaction she could lift them. "Though my mom did say you were something else."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom