Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Glamine

Status
Not open for further replies.
wxWfqu.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Wolves can't spit. To make a possible PC polymorphic race that can spit.
  • ​Image Credit: Sophie Corrigan
  • Canon: NA
  • Links: NA
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Glamine
  • Designation: Sentient
  • Homeworld: Haseria
  • Language: Galactic Standard Basic
  • Average Lifespan: ~80 Standard Years
  • Estimated Population: Rare
  • Description: In short, Glamine are humanoids who can shapeshift into llamas. But like, space-llamas. Possibly because of clawdite heritage, who knows, the galaxy is full of strange and wonderful mysteries.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type I Oxygen
  • Average height of adults: 1.8-2m
  • Average length of adults: NA
  • Skin color: Any human colouration. Patchwork of human colours is also possible. Think shaved calico cat.
  • Hair color: Any possible human or llama colouration
  • Distinctions: Glamine tend to be taller and less bulky than the average human. They can also turn into llamas.
  • Races: NA
  • Strengths:
  1. Speed - With longer legs and a lighter build in humanoid form, and four lolloping dandy stems in their animal form, Glamine can go a bit faster than average, with a speedy run in beast form being around 35mph
  2. Dominant Genes - If a Glamine breeds with a non Glamine, in almost every case the offspring would be biologically Glamine despite being a 'half-breed'
  3. Tricksy Kicks - No matter what form, a Glamines knobbly wobbles seem to defy all laws of physics, and they can and will kick you from absolutely ridiculous angles, sometimes in the face. It should be noted that while many of these jerks are likely double jointed, they cannot magically make their legs longer than they are or anything similarly foolish.
  4. Accurate Spit - Ditto they can hock a loogie much further than an adolescent boys daydream and they will get you in the eye from an unreasonable distance
  5. Endurance - While not particularly strong, a glamine can trot along carrying what they are capable of all day long without any significant wear or tear, as soon as you start weighting them down, they will likely just lie down and inform you that you are killing them and they simply cannot go on.
  6. Protective - Glamine are extremely protective of their herd, be this other glamines or an adopted honorary her
  7. Social - While not quite as bad as the Gran, a lone glamine is an unhappy glamine, and they tend to work well in a group, as long as its of people they like
  8. Telepathic - While in their beast form, glamine are mildly telepathic, able to carry on conversations, but they cannot read peoples minds, and if a person is force dead or knows how to shield themselves, the glamine will not be able to communicate with them. This generally only works withing line of sight.
  • Weaknesses:
  1. Cranky - While they get on very well with the people they do like, chances are if you meet a Glamine, they will not like you, and it is up to you to change their mind.
  2. Small Population - They cannot field armies, defend themselves particularly well from invaders or the like
  3. Canines - Glamines really do not like canine species. It's an instinctual level hate. They see them and they just want to kick them to death. Talking a Glamine out of this is very difficult, it will distract them from nearly anything else
  4. Lanky - Compared to the powerhouses of the universe, Glamine are lacking in the muscle department, they are built like runners, not bodybuilders, a good punch to the chin and it's likely lights out
  5. Social - Glamine get very depressed if they don't have a herd, and when a glamine is depressed, everyone will know about it. There will be much dramatic lying over things and sighing. And yet still, this doesn't mean that they're going to like you. They will be big ol' cranky jerks to you AND blame you for them being lonely.
  6. It's a person or a llama - Not super strong, kind of fast but not really compared to force speed, no added defences against any attack, literally every weapon is as effective or more effective on them., the only real difference is if you go to murder them you're at least going to get gobbed on.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Vegetarian, able to subsist off much rougher foliage than baseline humans
  • Communication: Spoken Basic, llama noises, telepathy
  • Technology level: Galactic Average, they tend to live simply but understand and can use or build high tech as necessary
  • Religion/Beliefs: NA, tend towards athiesm but varies by individual
  • General behavior: Glamine mate and raise children much like humans do, they are competent and thorough builders. but where they really excel is in farming. They can sometimes come across as lazy because they enjoy being outside, and tend to be relatively simplistic in their wants and needs. A community that they enjoy and enough vegetation to eat and they are happy. This isn't to say the occasional individual doesn't get bit by wanderlust, or decide to became a galaxy-renowned gunsmith, only that if you enter a Glamine community you're quite likely to see them out lazing in the sun.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The rise of the Glamine species is largely lost in the mists of time, but what is known is that they eventually settled upon Haseria, and that almost all known Glamines belong to the ancient Vanderlamabaas family. They were well evolved to handle Haserias dry heat, and with their horticulture skills they were if not easily than at least capably able to grow enough vegetation to both support themselves as well as to trade to the planets other inhabitants for any other materials they wanted or needed. At first glance their settlement is quite bland, the adobe homes and storefronts unpainted, but a closer look reveals colourful blossoms, bushes and trees everywhere livening up the scene and sweetening the air.

The Gulag Plague did not much effect them, though they heard rumors that saw them become even more isolationist than usual for a handful of years, doing without luxuries to very nearly eliminate trade for a while, until their elders judged it safe. Netherworld was a shock, when part of their already small population simply disappeared for no discernible reason, leaving the community anxious and overprotective.

Only recently have they really begun reaching out again. In part because of their new neighbours, the Americus' settlement on the planet. While they are very loud, and the Vanderlamabaas aren't quite sure what to think of them, they presence of a bunch of force sensitive Mandalorians dead set on protecting their new home has put some of the Glamines anxieties to rest, so they tolerate them. They are likewise friendly towards the Canadus Clan, although that particular clans tendency to get drunk and try to ride their beast form is a bit vexing. At the very least they are quite apologetic afterwards.

[member=Dhakarta]

Apparently Llamas exist in Star Wars. Who would have figured?

A few things before I can stamp this.

Tricksy Kicks -No matter what form, a Glamines knobbly wobbles seem to defy all laws of physics, and they can and will kick you from absolutely ridiculous angles, sometimes in the face
Accurate Spit - Ditto they can hock a loogie much further than an adolescent boys daydream and they will get you in the eye from an unreasonable distance
I realize the phrasing is mostly for comedic relief, but I need you to tweak it here and there to give it some limits. Especially if this turns into a PVP thing I'd like to avoid unreasonable people picking up this species and doing something you weren't intending with it.

Endurance - Will not particularly strong, a glamine can trot along caring what they are capable of all day long without any significant wear or tear
I assume this is 'carrying'. I don't usually point out minor typos, but in a strength clarity is pretty important.

You have a bunch of pretty effective strengths to this, but I don't really see the weaknesses outweigh them. Most of them aren't 'hard' weaknesses, except for the lanky one. Can you add two more weaknesses that offer distinct opportunity to be exploited in a PVP scenario?

-

Tag me once these things are done and I will review it again.

Oh noo typos! Makes me le sad ; ;

Have a peer, should be fixed, added a bit more weaknesses. Uh, if that doesn't cut it let me know which strength are offending cause it's legit just either a dude or a llama, I didn't give 'em any other perks xD

...besides being super good at kicking certain lupine races in the face >.>

[member="Jairus Starvald"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom