Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gladiators!

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
So, in the Sports thread (that got slightly derailed) I got some feedback on setting up Blood Sports AKA Gladiatorial Matches. I was wondering if I had more than two people interested and if Staff were okay with me doing some PvP stuff. No real maintenance needed for it, honestly, as the PvP rules are pretty standard. The arena stuff would just be IC anyways.

I'd plan on running it like ancient Rome IRL. Gladiators are considered rock stars and pro athletes. They risk life and limb for the big bucks, fame, and the ladies (or gentlemen. I ain't judgin'. I'm a Hutt. I biologically swing both ways).

Anyways, thoughts?

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
I might run three tiers of matches.

PCs versus NPC creature/slaves/whatever (low risk unless denoted otherwise)
Restricted PvP, meaning PCs fight each other in PvP style with standardized gear to make the field even and fair for both sides (So Mongo the Wookiee can't beat the kark out of Jo-Jo the ewok with a giant hammer. Balance, Balance, and Balance is the goal here).
Unrestricted PvP/No Holds Barred, meaning PCs fight each other with their personal equipment (Balance... yeah, not really here, though hit calling and fairness between writers is pretty karking mandatory or else Popo will sit on you)

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Barak"]
I expect those two would be the most used one, but I feel like I should offer a standardized and balanced tier as well, if only for fairness and play balance.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
After thinking it out a bit more, I'm going to offer the following Tiers for potential gladiators.

Tier 1: PCs vs. NPC creatures, slaves, or generic gladiators. Mostly for people getting into the hang of things or for some "practice" for their character.

Tier 2: PCs vs PCs without deaths. IC'ly, it's kind of like Taris in SW KOTOR. Dampening field for blasters and paramedics on scene for all injuries. Plainly put, you can't die in this as it's just for PvP "practice" and bragging rights between characters. Still good money though.

Tier 3: PCs vs PCs, no holds barred. Death is allowed, but only per Chaos rules. You still can't kill or injure another character without permission from the writer, essentially. If you feel your character should perish, let the person presiding over the fight know and they'll do the typical "thumbs down" thing, otherwise, unless noted, it'll be a "thumbs up" (you're spared, though probably beat the kark up).

In all Tiers, personal equipment and armor is allowed, though keeping things fair both IC and OOC is very, very, VERY encouraged. People like this idea and I do to and I would really rather not have staff have to deal with any drama from it and shut it down.

This sound acceptable, folks?

i would like the rules to be straightened out in the beginning as such as whether the character wants to die live or have a possible death. also in these fights i think a hutt should preside over the fight. Sorta like a dnd judge on what happens .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom