Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GL Grenade

Image Source:
Intent: To update the One Sith's weaponry, and to create a variant of the GS Grenade
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: One Sith
Model: N/A
Affiliation: One Sith
Modularity: No.
Production: Mass Production
Material: Durasteel, Duraplast, Taozin Nodules, Ixetal Cilona
Classification: Grenade
Size: Handheld
Length: 100.
Weight: 0.1kg
Ammunition Type: Ixetal Cilona
Ammunition Capacity: Single
Effective Range: 10m
Rate of Fire: Single action
Special Features: -Smart link system with HUD
Description: As war continues, the need for the One Sith to develop innovative weapons becomes greater than ever. Having gathered more funding for his project, Krayzen decided to update the GS Grenade with something entirely new.

Best understood as contempary to his own design, the GS Grenade, and the popular Forcebreaker series owned by the Mandalorians, and Browncoat Arms, the similarities between this designs are that it uses a smart link system that is integrated to the HUD, and that it uses Taozin nodules to affect the sensory abilities of a force user.

What makes this grenade highly unique, and entirely its own version is that the GL Grenade comes in a number of innovative variants, each of it that makes it highly useful.

The first variant is similar to the fragmentation grenade that it uses shrapnel. When the grenade activates , Ixetal Cilona; a gas that is known to affect force users is released, and shrapnel- a popular weapon against force users as well.

Boring a similarity from his own grenade, the darksider also had a concussion/sonic variant as well. When Ixetal Cilona is one again submitted as well, at the same time, a concussion/sonic blast is emitted; One Sith tests concluded that this would be able to significantly affect a force user- at least from their own information.

Another variant also has features a flash grenade as well, which when the Ixetal Cilona is emitted, a flash bang is removed as well.

All of the variants feature Taozin nodules; furthermore, it features a smart link system meaning that it can be activated via remote control from a HUD.

Despite is variety, it is not without weaknesses. For instance, an environmental seal can block the Ixotal Cilona. Depending on the armor, the effects can be migitated to a great effect, not affecting anyone at all(since per rules, damage is dependent on user). Nevertheless, this is a must have for OS Army members.

Primary Source:
GS Grenade

Krayzen Dratos said:
Ammunition Type: Ixetal Citola
The correct spelling for this is Ixetal Cilona, please change this.

Krayzen Dratos said:
and that it uses Taozin nodules to affect the sensory abilities of a force user.
How is the taozin nodule utilized? Does it make up the exterior of the grenade?

I would also like to note that the GS Grenade does not use Taozin Nodules in its submission, so please do not state in this submission that it is a similarity between the two.

Krayzen Dratos said:
Boring a similarity from his own grenade, the darksider also had a concussion/sonic variant as well. When Ixetal Citola is one again submitted as well, at the same time, a concussion/sonic blast is emitted; One Sith tests concluded that this would be able to significantly affect a force user- at least from their own information.
There are quite a few spelling or grammatical errors which make this difficult to understand. Please comb this over and make sure everything is explained as clearly as possible.

-

From what I can tell, this is being submitted as an umbrella of grenade types that all feature Ixetal Cilona - this is going to need to change to be a single grenade type. You can combine features as described, e.g, Concussion + Ixetal Cilona; but you cannot make this so modular that it is essentially a blank check for what effect the grenade does. If you would like to submit different variations of the grenade you are free to do so, but a grenade is not a highly modular product, and I cannot approve of the modularity stated in this submission.

[member="Braith Achlys"]

That's where Iadded in the Browncoat Forcebreaker Grenade that is manufactured by Browncoat Arms, as specifically staetd in the submission. I have listed all the similarities of the grenades in order.

In terms of the spelling/grammer mistakes, I believe I have fixed all of those as well.

In terms of the modularity, this weapon grenade is more modular than this grenade; while I understand that this weapon has Ixetal Cilona, and has Taozin nodules, as stated in the weakness section, an environmental seal(which I've seen in a lot of armor subs here on Chaos, including my own) can make you not have to go through the effects of Ixetal Cilona if you are a force user; furthermore, the ability of Taozin nodules to affect the sensory abilities of a force user are subject to the opponent. Same goes for the sharpnel, concussion/sonic blast, and the flash variant as well.

[member="Braith Achlys"]

Krayzen Dratos said:
[member="Braith Achlys"]

That's where Iadded in the Browncoat Forcebreaker Grenade that is manufactured by Browncoat Arms, as specifically staetd in the submission. I have listed all the similarities of the grenades in order.

In terms of the spelling/grammer mistakes, I believe I have fixed all of those as well.

In terms of the modularity, this weapon grenade is more modular than this grenade; while I understand that this weapon has Ixetal Cilona, and has Taozin nodules, as stated in the weakness section, an environmental seal(which I've seen in a lot of armor subs here on Chaos, including my own) can make you not have to go through the effects of Ixetal Cilona if you are a force user; furthermore, the ability of Taozin nodules to affect the sensory abilities of a force user are subject to the opponent. Same goes for the sharpnel, concussion/sonic blast, and the flash variant as well.

[member="Braith Achlys"]
The submission you are citing is from 2013 when standards in the factory were nearly non-existent compared to current-day.

The reason I am requesting a limit of modularity is because of the amount of variability being asked for, not because it has Ixetal Cilona or a Taozin Nodule included.

Krayzen Dratos said:
Material: Durasteel, Duraplast
A taozin nodule is a material, add it here. So is Ixetal Cilona

Krayzen Dratos said:
Ammunition Type: Ixetal Citola
Any type of ammunition used in the grenade needs to be here, not just the ixetal cilona.

Krayzen Dratos said:
while I understand that this weapon has Ixetal Cilona, and has Taozin nodules, as stated in the weakness section, an environmental seal(which I've seen in a lot of armor subs here on Chaos, including my own) can make you not have to go through the effects of Ixetal Cilona if you are a force user; furthermore, the ability of Taozin nodules to affect the sensory abilities of a force user are subject to the opponent. Same goes for the sharpnel, concussion/sonic blast, and the flash variant as well.
This does not answer my question.

[member="Braith Achlys"]

Sorry, I didn't see you question, although that evidently was addressing your statements about it being to modular.

Would a good comprimise to the situation being that I remove the flash grenade, and lower the production to minor, or possibly limited?

Krayzen Dratos said:
[member="Braith Achlys"]

Sorry, I didn't see you question, although that evidently was addressing your statements about it being to modular.

Would a good comprimise to the situation being that I remove the flash grenade, and lower the production to minor, or possibly limited?
Alright, I'm going to list out what changes need to be made for this to be approved with minimal development, and will note development for stuff that needs it.
  1. Please explain how the taozin nodule is being utilized here. Is it an exterior layer around the grenade? Is it inside? (Answer this in your reply to this post if you change or have already changed this in the submission).
  2. Lower production to limited. Minor production will require 20 posts, we can discuss mass production depending on what edits are made.
  3. Please list off what types of grenades this submission contains in the Modularity field, which you currently state is "No." It is fine that you are describing it in the description, but the way it is currently laid out it makes it difficult for myself or other readers to discern what variations of the grenade exist. This is the main reason why I requested, prior, to have it submitted as a single grenade type and gave the option to submit other variations. An example would be Modularity: Yes; Incendiary, Fragmentation, Flashbang, Concussion. (All contain Ixetal Cilona Gas). The way you have it set up right now is difficult to fish through for what types exist, which makes reviewing it more difficult.
  4. Add a metric unit of measure to the Length, which currently just says "Length:100.".
  5. Add a summary of each type of grenade in list format to the special features.
  6. Add a brief note that Ixetal Cilona is included in each grenade and what effects it has in the special features.
  7. Add a note that the taozin nodule is used in the grenade types in the special features, and summarize its effects.
As-is I will need 10-20 posts of development for the use of the Taozin Nodule and Ixetal Cilona with the above changes, so long as anywhere from ten to twenty posts are met and development of the grenade is covered this is fine.

If you have any questions you are free to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom