Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech GIS-101 - Soluble Solutions "Soluble Shield"

Status
Not open for further replies.
NQ5ljuX.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create a Shield for medical and safety purposes whether it is for use in ships, stations, facilities or anywhere necessary
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: Antisepsis Field, Osmotic Field
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Galderra Royal Treasury
  • Model: Galderra Immunity Shield - 101
  • Affiliation: Open-Market
  • Modularity: Can be programmed for a variety of options. Can be installed anywhere shields are used
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Diatium, Dondite, Shield Components
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Ability to screen out foreign substances (Such as those listed in the Canon links). Substances that can be harmful to Humanoids and Near-Humanoids. Screens out all known and easily to moderately curable diseases. New diseases can be programmed manually into the shield system if a cure is found and how the disease functions is known so the system knows what to look for.
  • Ability to restrict entry from any species or specific biology, even down to the individuals DNA. Helps to prevent diseases pr harmful agents from spreading or restricting access to certain personnel.
  • Strength of a Particle Shield
  • Protected areas can be brought to below freezing in an attempt to stop any foreign substance from spreading
Strengths:
  • Foreign Substance Screening - Removes diseases, fungi, spores, etc. foreign life that is classified as harmful to Humanoids and Near Humanoids
  • Identity/Species Screening - Can restrict access to only specific species or the DNA of certain individuals
Weaknesses:
  • Pass-Through Speed - When activating the species restrictions, the shield has to actively scan what passed through it and becomes harsher. The more intense the restriction, the slower someone can pass through the shield
  • Slicing Susceptible - The shield system is not compatible with wireless activators, but it does not come with its own security system. It's recommended to have the system inside the area it is protecting
DESCRIPTION
The GIS-101 was purposely designed for Galderran mining locations, to prevent foreign diseases from latching onto workers or their suits, and entering living quarters or medical rooms. The Galaxy is a wild place, and many places have wild bacteria or fungi and other such species that it can be hard to keep track of. The GIS-101 is designed so that even new harmful biological agents can be recorded into its system and then screened out, but the shield has to scan what passes through it, and it has to know what it is looking for. ANother added benefit is for the shield to be used for restricted areas. For bridges or command locations, or just areas one does not want civilians entering, the shield can scan individuals DNA and prevent other species or unauthorized individuals from entering the area. Extremely useful in Laboratories, Medical Facilities, and Disease Centers. It offers a safe way of decontamination, especially when studying new diseases. Does not cure anything on the inside of the body, only effects the outside.

Eddak Manod said:
Foreign Substance Screening - Removes diseases, virus, fungi, spores, etc. foreign life that is classified as harmful to Humanoids and Near Humanoids
How is a particle shield able to strengthen its effects only on microscopic organisms and viruses that may or may not be inside of the person walking through the shield?

[member="Nadja Keto"]

To be honest, that would have to be explained through canon means. Because I don't know. The two shields i listed literally do that but I don't have any clue. My best guess is the physical ability of the shield restricts access to the fungi or substance. Examples being if there is a sticky liquid or fungal growth it just denies entry and it gets pulled off as clean as a whistle. That, or there is some sort of burn or cold method, like freezing warts or burning it off. If your next question is how does it restrict specific species, haha, I don't know either. I just chocked it up to active scanning, as it canonically, specifically knew and restricted certain insects.

Osmotic fields were a form of protective field in use by 20 BBY during the Clone Wars. The field could controlled and set to block substances or creatures passing through the area it covered.
Antisepsis fields were a type of energy field umbrella that killed microscopic fungi, mold, bacteria, and spores, developed in the last decades of the Galactic Republic.

Edit

"Virus" was in error on my part. I didn't mean for this to cleanse the body. It has been removed. It's only meant to remove things on the outside of the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom