Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gif Questions

Catherine Romanov

C
[member="Romeo Sin"]

Moving animated pictures like these are called a GIF.

get_1.gif

Flint Dexen

Wandering Lost Soul
[member="Romeo Sin"]

A GIF stands for Graphics Interchange Format. As stated above, basically a moving animated picture. To be honest, I don't exactly know how it's made. But posting a gif is easy! You insert it into your posts like you would with any other image. So you can just copy and paste it.

Star-Wars-Gif-8.gif
Have fun!​

[member="Romeo Sin"]

Taking a wild guess at where your image editing aptitude is, here's how I made my avatar using a very crude program and a very crude process. It should give you a general idea of how this sort of thing goes.

• Search string 'mary read black flag filetype:gif', picked one that would look good once cut down to 150x150 (any larger and it won't be animated on the board as an avatar), saved it
  • Opened the .gif file with GIMP, cropped it to 150x150 (saw the frames as layers in the floating menu to the right) (also, I don't recommend trying to resize the image - get a frame a pixel off and the whole thing looks like crap, plus resizing in GIMP does bad things to quality)
  • Got the border from Tef's Art Resources in Art & Design
  • Open As Layers -> brought in the border as a new layer
  • Right click on the border layer in the right menu-> Duplicate Layer, repeatedly, making one border for each frame
  • Arranged the layers so it went border, frame, border, frame
  • Merge Down on each border layer, to apply the border individually to each frame
  • Tested with Filters->Animation->Playback
  • File->Export As, gave the thing a name that ends in .gif.
  • Dialogue box comes up, made sure I'd checked 'As Animation' and 'Repeat Forever'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom