Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Gibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaw McKeller

The Demon of Concordia
Name: Gibu
Loyalties: Shaw McKeller
Role: War Mount
Development Threads: N/A
Species: Taakur Bev'uliik
Force-Sensitive: No
Appearance: Gibu stands 2.1m tall at the wither, 4.7m tall at the highest point. He is covered in thick, coarse, black fur and sports old scars in various areas, most across his face and flanks. A small number of metal bands are riveted to his horns and inscriptions in ancient Mando'a can be found etched into the ivory between the metal bands. Here and there, small tokens and and trinkets are braided into his fur, memories and trophies taken from old battlefields during wars long ago.
Personality: Cantankerous, choleric, and generally bad tempered. Gibu tolerates his usual handlers as they care for him, but will bite or kick at most others, though he rarely uses his horns in his lashing out unless required to do so. He remains grumpy towards Shaw, but listens to and trusts the Mandalorian. Around children, Gibu is still as ill-tempered as ever, but refrains from lashing out and instead resorts to irritated sighs and grunts, a courtesy of Shaw's training over a lifetime.
Weapon of Choice: Horns, feet, teeth, and bulk
Wealth: N/A
Combat Function: Gibu is a trained war mount for Shaw McKeller and operates as such.
Skills: Skills pertaining to those of a trained War Mount
Notable Possessions: Several small metal bands riveted to his horns and some trinkets braided into his fur.
Other Notes: N/A

Shaw McKeller

The Demon of Concordia
[member="Lorelei Darke"]
Is this rule written anywhere? I'm not finding it in Codex or general rules at all. Also, the bands are purely decorative, so... Not quite sure why they'd be an issue. Please explain?

Banned & Restricted Items List - this applies to the Codex as well as the Factory.

Beskar (( Objective: Perform a mining operation, a raid, an excavation, or steal to obtain Mandalorian Iron Ore from any of the following planets: Mandalore, Concordia, Echo'lya –OR— inflict a devastating defeat on a Mandalorian character and have them verify it. Characters belonging to the Major Faction whose influence covers Mandalore and/or Concordia are exempt from fulfilling this objective. All tech submissions involving Mandalorians using Beskar will require a forging or construction thread of at least 10 posts where the item is made. Limited or minor production items will require longer dev threads of 20 and 30 posts respectively, or at the discretion of the Factory Judge. ))
If you are a member of a faction that covers Mandalore, Concordia, or Echo'lya then you may complete a 10 post dev thread for the Beskar. Even if they are decorative pieces, there is a precedent already set for dev threads where Beskar is concerned due to its rarity and the level of difficulty to forge it for any use.

[member="Shaw McKeller"]

Shaw McKeller

The Demon of Concordia
Lorelei Darke said:
If you are a member of a faction that covers Mandalore, Concordia, or Echo'lya then you may complete a 10 post dev thread for the Beskar. Even if they are decorative pieces, there is a precedent already set for dev threads where Beskar is concerned due to its rarity and the level of difficulty to forge it for any use.
Oh I understand that, though I didn't think something decorative would be an issue. That's easily fixed, however. That said, you did not answer my question. Not trying to be a pain or anything (I'm really not. Honest!) but you... really didn't answer it at all.

Lorelei Darke said:
Beskar is a restricted material available only for PC characters.
Other units have been approved with restricted materials in place. If this is not allowed, where is the rule in place for it? I still have not found the rule in question. I understand Factory rules also apply to the Codex, which in this case is my bad as I didn't quite think that bit through, but this will need some clarification as that rule will effect future and past submissions to a degree.

EDIT: I removed the beskar bands and replaced them with generic metal. Also I added a set of armor to his possessions (in as much as an animal can have possessions) with the link to the approved submission.

[member="Shaw McKeller"]
I'll just step in here to say that [member="Lorelei Darke"] is following my future intentions.

When there is a comprehensive list of Codex rules (which will be soon), we will be shifting to a preference for PCs only using restricted materials. It will not be an ironclad rule, and in the case of factory items with limited production like Cortosis armour it will be at the discretion of the Judge as to whether it is acceptable.

NPCs are fun and good for lore, but they are inherently lesser than PCs, and so in most cases their equipment will show this.

In this case I fully support the RPJ's decision.

Shaw McKeller

The Demon of Concordia
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]
To be fair, I just now realized that [member="Lorelei Darke"] was an RPJ. Kept thinking people were typo-ing CJ. My bad, but wouldn't a future rule still... kinda be unwritten? Little confused here.

Anyways, I'll just remove the armor entirely. Seems that's gonna be an issue no matter how I look at it to get this subbed.

[member="Shaw McKeller"]

If your character is member of the faction that crafted the armor for that mount then you may certainly use it. If he is not, you're better off leaving it out.

Shaw McKeller

The Demon of Concordia
[member="Lorelei Darke"]
I am a member of the faction that uses the armor, however it's not a question of whether the armor is available to me or not, but whether I'm told to change it to a durasteel variant (which doesn't exist in the submission itself) or if it stays the beskar that it is. I'd rather not wrangle with that particular speed bump so I just removed it. As it's available to my faction and this particular submission is just a war mount, I can just equip it when desired much like a regular PC can pick up various pieces of equipment or weapons from the Marketplace or faction armories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom