Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghosts of our Past

Ice was suddenly getting an uneasy feeling from her. From her not sitting in the offered chair, to keeping conversation on mostly business things. He remembered enough of her to know if she was being slightly aloof, there was a reason. His smile began to fade as he suspected that reason might have something to with the way she said "seven years".

"Well, STI I'm not too concerned about. Most of our orders were standing sales for all items produced. So baring some brilliant military assault on my mobile factories, everything should still be in place. As for joining the Jedi and ditching the Sith...I'm surprised. Ecstatic! But surprised. What made you leave them? If you don't mind my asking of course..."

The question itself was a sincere one, but she'd be able to sense that his curiosity was leaning elsewhere. The battered Mando wasn't in much condition for their little intrigues which had delighted them so before he was stuck on that God forsaken rock.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

[member="Ice"]

"It's a long and complicated story," she said, finally sitting down. "It starts with a trip to visit my parents where they finally learned I was a Sith. That didn't go over so well ... they disowned me, told me I wasn't their daughter anymore and it was a mistake to adopt me. Well, that kind of destroyed me inside ... I lost control of my powers ... and killed them by accident. I was devastated, couldn't tell you how long I was just curled up in the destroyed house crying, but then I found something. A small note from my birth parents with coordinates for their house on Corellia."

"I followed the trail, desperate for that family connection I just lost, but they have been killed by a bounty hunter who was after my, at the time, unknown sister. So, you can imagine how I was feeling when I realized someone had been in the house recently and had found a baby picture of mine. I knew someone had to be tracking my trail down in reverse so I kept calling the house on Lorrd until my sister picked up. That's how I met Corvus, she flew immediately back to Corellia and ... she accepted me for who I was. She's the Jedi Grandmaster, and she didn't reject me for being a Sith Lady."

Taking a breath, she continued.

"That was the start of it, then the Sith executed one of my friends. I wasn't too pleased by that turn of events, so I went out of my way to help her fiancee bring her back from the dead. I went on an adventure with Corvus to Tython, helped her save an important piece of Jedi history before the Sith arrived to destroy it. I was moving closer and closer to the light until everything boiled over when I met my sister on Ruusan and ... I embraced the light. I couldn't leave the Sith yet though, I had to get the people who worked for me out. So, i disguised it as company reorganization, moving facilities and operations out of Sith space and into neutral space, then I told my former colleagues I was leaving on a journey to study the galaxy and left. I went to Vjun first, fought my former apprentice there, then went to Ossus and went before the Jedi Council for judgment and to tell them what I knew."

Stretching her arms out, she smiled a bit.

"Now I'm a Jedi Master, and it feels so much better."

Ic listened with a bit of a heavy heart her story. "I'm sorry to hear about your family, and also sorry I couldn't be there for you during that time." A small sad smile was on his face, but was replaced by a happier broader one. But I am glad to hear you at least discovered your sister and turned to the Jedi."

He let out a soft, quick laugh. " I remember some of our first interactions together. Not gunna lie, some of that sithy stuff was just downright creepy. Useful of course, but creepy. I think the Jedi route suits you well. Even after all these years, I think you've only grown more beautiful for it."

In point of fact, he had no idea how she viewed him. And even after having a moment to think on it and realize there could be some major changes in their relationship, he had no problem voicing his opinion.

"So...your company is doing great, my company is more than likely somewhere needing a bit of reorganization. You have found family and become a Jedi while I have come back from the dead so to speak." He paused for a moment his gazing into her eyes faltering for a brief time before returning. "So dare I ask where everything leaves us?"

Ice very much doubted he wanted to hear the answer, but it had to happen at some point. Might as well be now.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

[member="Ice"]

"Seven years, Ice," Taeli said, a sad look coming across her face. "I waited a long time you know, quite a long time ... but then I met someone else and my feelings shifted. Another Jedi Master, he's a bit rough around the edges and we aren't together ... but he captured my feelings and I'm being patient with him. He's like most Jedi, emotional range of a teaspoon."

She was sorry that she had moved on, but it had been several years with not a word from Ice, most girls wouldn't have even responded to his plea for help. She also felt uncomfortable because he had admitted he loved her, and while she had loved him before, time had made it so those feelings had shifted to Connor.

"I'm sorry if that has messed up any plans for you ... but I still would like to be friends, Ice ... if you want to be that is," she continued. "I would understand if you don't want to see me again after this."

Ice sat there helplessly as he listed to the words he had sort of been expecting, but for the life of him was dreading. He wasn't sure what was worse, the fact that he had no choice in the matter of being away, or the fact that he had waited all those years for her.

He pondered her description of this man that had been so lucky as to steal her affections from him. A man with an "emotional range of a teaspoon". A Jedi who despite being a Master was either too dense to see the treasure he had sitting right in front of him, or was simply to uncaring to seize it. Ice himself was a bit rough around the edges at times, so he couldn't fault this Connor person on that.

But to hear he had been shut out by nothing but a hope of reciprocated love from a being closed off emotionally was truly a stab to his heart. In the end though, he still wanted her to be happy. It seemed they were still two peas in a pod, for the same could be said about himself. He now had only to be embarrassed by his own declaration for which it seems would now not ever be reciprocated even in the past tense. Even knowing this, it would have made him a liar to say he wouldn't have wanted to hear it said at least once. Such was life it would seem.

His mouth had been closed tightly while she spoke. And although no utterance was made, it was obvious his emotions were getting the better of him as his breathing had quickened. Every breath through his nose a bit more forceful than the last. While normally possessing a good poker face, Taeli would easily be able to sense all these emotions and thoughts.

As she finished speaking, they sat there in silence for what seemed like forever before Ice was able to speak. A smile came to his face, though his eyes betrayed his true feelings. "I uh....I hope you receive the love you are looking for. And umm.." He paused, clearing his throat to keep himself in check. "...I wish you all the happiness in the galaxy. Truly." He finished genuinely with a sad smile and a nod.

Looking around, he noticed his personal effects next to him. Reaching for one of the pockets in his extremely worked in armor, Ice soon produced a small stone from the pocket. Handing it over to Taeli, he smiled a little more happily. "To remember the good ol' days." What she would see in her hand was a small stygium crystal from their trip to Enigma Prime.

He watched her face for a couple seconds before continuing. "If you don't mind though...I think I'd like to get some sleep..." Another pause and a deep breath, he finished, "But Taeli...thanks for getting me off that rock."

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

[member="Ice"]

She felt the hurt, and she wanted to kick herself for hurting him like this ... but he wanted the truth from her, they always told the truth to each other eventually. Sure, they played games ... but eventually they got around to what they were getting at. Taking the small stygium crystal, she smiled sadly at him and placed it in her coat's pocket.

"Of course, I understand," she said, getting up from her seat. "Get some rest, we're still a few days out from the nearest port."

Starting to walk away, she turned back to face him for a moment.

"We might not be ... an item anymore, but I'm glad I rescued you and I'd rescue again if you needed it. You're still a friend to me Ice, and you always will be."

With that said, she would leave him to rest, and most likely sulk, as she had other things she needed to do. Designating a Harbinger War Droid to guard the door, she was always a bit paranoid about security after all, she let the doctor know to have him come to the bridge whenever he was feeling like it. Pulling up her datapad, she started scrolling through data as she walked back to the bridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom