Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting the tracks up and running

The white dust danced its little dance, blown up by the fairly mild wind eating its way through the dunes of the White desert on Sriluur. The vast area appeared to never end. There was sand and rock formations for as long as the eye could see.

On the top of the hill a leisure tent had been put up. Behind it a hutt sailing barge had anchored. With his usual entourage and bodyguards Sempra Besadii Dhakun enjoyed the tents shadow this mild afternoon. Only the swhoosing sound of swoop bikes interupted their peace at times at which time Sempra put his hands together in a few claps as the extreme speeds displayed.
The area was dangerous to an unexperienced driver, the sharp rocks and sudden turns would most likely cause a less precise driver to crash, turning their belowed bikes into a burning cloud of destroyed metal.
Mos_Espa_Race.jpg

Sempra turned to the man beside him with a nod of approvement.

"I can see that you got an eye for this Mr Octavian. This site will function very well for our purpose. I will support your endevour and you will recieve the good graces of my court for doing this in my name." the hutt explained as slaves presented them both with drinks and juicy fruits. Sempra took one and swallowed it whole.

"Naturally the track need to be set up properly. This race natural chism is amusing to watch but does seem a bit tedious. The crowd must be offered the fastest, and most dangerous racing track on this side of the galaxy. I want them roaring my name in gratitude for what is offered.." the hutt continued.

"Will you do this for me Mr Octavian? Will you build me a race track only the best of racers dare challenge? Sempra smacked his lips as his eyes watched the swoop racers continue their racing around the dunes and rocks of the chism.

[member="Octavian"]

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
As his business partner spoke to him, Octavian watched the racers carefully. He wished to get as much information out of this as possible, and that meant that he had to know the trade. Swoop racing was never really something he had shown interest in, but he recognized an opportunity when he saw one. If he wanted to gain more control of the Cartel, he had to play their games, after all.

"I believe me and my people are up to such a task, Great Sempra." Octavian was offered a drink, but he turned it down. He needed to have a clear head for this.
"Such a track would need traps, debris, twists, turns, and surprises to keep the racers alert."
His analytical mind was already calculating the costs and materials such an an endeavor would need to exist.
"But after a few runs, the racers would know the track. . .if you wish to have the most dangerous track there is, perhaps it should be. . .shaken up, let us say, after every race?"

[member="Sempra the Hutt"]

The Hutt chuckled. [member="Octavian"] was very inovative - and he seemed to lack compassion, which might be a good trait for this task.

"I dare say a flexible track sounds interesting. However, I am not expecting a portable track, those are not extreme enough. There has to be a base, a solid base which will make racers return to this specific race."

Sempra sipped his wone some and pondered.

"I expect stands for the crowds, and of course a private lounge for myself and my guests."

Nyx

Hmm. A permanent base. He could work with that.
"Of course. Such things are only to be expected."
The man thought for a few moments, considering what dastardly things this race would contain.

"Tell me, what do you think of traps? Perhaps pits or mines we 'forgot' to mention, or a cave with 'inconveniently' placed stalactites?"
In order for this to be as extreme as he wished, they had to make it nearly impossible to win.

[member="Sempra the Hutt"]

Sempra turned his head following the racers.

"Yes, I belive those ideas would make excellent sections in a track. We could name the sections appropriately having the racers and the crowd guess what is about to happen. But with small changes each time so that no one got to comfortable."

"Your mind is an interesting things [member="Octavian"] - I hope you will outdo yourself on this one." Sempra grinned and held his glas in a toast.

The one thing Aranov hated more than dealing with idiots was dealing with Hutts. Of course to him there was little difference. But in the end it did not matter his opinion of the Hutt families because it was the same slugs that supplied him with his best work. The Mandalorian heard the sound of swoop bikes as he walked towards his illustrious Hutt bosses tent. Aranov pulled his hood down a bit more before sighing. His armor was covered by the black cloak he usually wore, even on planet's with an insane heat.

His cybernetic eye danced over each individual he walked passed as he made his way towards where he expected the Hutt boss to be. The good thing about Hutt's was it was not hard to find them, now tolerating them was another mission entirely. The Hutt seemed to be entertaining a guest when Aranov walked up. He waited for a pause in the conversation before passing the Hutt's guards and bowing respectfully. "Sempra. Sorry to interupt you but i brought you something." The Mandalorian pulled a head from under his cloak, it was the head of a Rodian but it quickly found itself in the sands below the men. "One debt, collected.I doubt you'll have trouble with him anymore."

Aranov had worked a few bounties for the hutt but he had only directly spoken to the Hutt twice. "You owe me a bounty Sempra." Aranov had always gone by the title 'Hawk,' It was not exactly something he enjoyed but he found it to accurate considering his skill set. His eyes quickly went to the man standing next to Sempra, he paid him little mind before crossing his arms and setting a boot on the Rodian's head.

[member="Sempra the Hutt"] [member="Octavian"]

Nyx

Octavian watched the man approach, and raised an eyebrow. Mandalorian, bitter. He obviously did not want to be here.
As he set the Rhodian's head on the ground, the man stared at the Mando's eye. Cybernetic, good make. Not his own companies, but he let that slide, for now. This was about swoop racing, not cybernetics.

Curious, Octavian waited for his partner's response.

[member="Sempra the Hutt"] [member="Aranov Alore"]

Sempra stretched his neck as [member="Aranov Alore"] appeared and tossed the head onto the ground. He blinked once and turned toward [member="Octavian"] first.

"Excuse me for a moment mr Octavian." he motioned for the slaves to bring Aranov something to drink and then settled his arms folded on his belly watching the bounty hunter.

"Aranov, was it not?" he nodded to himself. This was an up and coming bounty hunter for sure. It seemed he delivered on most occations and although Sempra felt the man did not enjoy his court bussiness was bussiness. The rodan had tried to betray him, selling some of his spice on the side. There was no forgiving for crossing Sempra and men like Aranov delivered his swift justice.

"You will have your credits transfered shortly. A job well done might I add." the hutt nodded at Aranov recognising him as worthy of notice to those around him.

"If it pleases you you may stay and watch the racers while you wait for the transaction to be completed. Have a drink and enjoy my hospitality." the Hutt added and motioned for the section with sun umbrellas spread out in the sand, with various tables and people attending.

Sempra then returned his attention toward [member="Octavian"].

"You will manage the financial details of this with on of my councellors - Mr Lysle. He knows that I want something grand he will know how to fund you properly." Sempras eyes turned toward the dunes again with an amused eye as one of the swoopers thwirled and twisted almost hitting one of the sharp rocks on the natural course.

[member="Lysle of the Hydian Way"]

Sempra watched with irritation as one of the slaves fiddled with the holoporjoctor. He turned with fear in his eye toward his hutt master shaking his head as the projector failed to connect with Lysle. Sempra simply growled at the slave and turned back to @Octavian.

"It seems Mr Lysle is occupied at the moment Mr Octavian." he continued with an appologetical gesture.

"But I assure you that you will be properly compensated for this and that we will have the funding necessary to sustain a track such as this. We will have the details arranged for you shortly."
Sempra sighed and grabbed some more grapes.

"There is a need for some proper marketing around this of course. When can you start?"

[member="Aranov Alore"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom