Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

banner2.png

SPARKY
ROAMING | BRIGHT KNIGHT
TAG: Starlin Rand Starlin Rand | Lief Lief

ceridiv.png

banner3.png

JAM

"Mirar, Ceri, Ceri, Mirar..."

Ceri smiled.
"Sorry for you, Eli, but I'm adopting her now." she said, leaning forward to ruffle the pup's ears. "That was some fun." she then said as she scrambled to her feet, still clutching the drumstick as Eli fussed with Mirar.

She grabbed the comforter on the couch to just clean some of the slobber from the stick before returning it to the drumkit while Starlin helped Eli to his feet. Then she balled up the icky comforter and looked at the two guys as they were speaking.
"I'll put her in her bed, then we can go again?"
"Sure. While you do that, I'll throw this in the wash." she said before looking directly at Starlin. "Sorry 'bout this." she added, lifting the balled material slightly for emphasis. Then she bubbled down the hall to where the general washbasket was in the bathroom. She was exceptionally happy. Music and sports with friends.

Can't have it any better.

"Well, I mean... I could use a hand back to my feet... if erm, that's okay?"

"Sure." Starlin bent to pull Eli up. He brushed his Padawan off and even pretended to adjust his clothes a little. Man, those threads Thelma made for him were glorious! "I couldn't tell whether you needed help or not, because your Life Alert didn't go off."

Mirar barked at him for that one. "Awoooooo," Starlin replied, and soon the pup was howling along with him. "I should hire Mirar as a singer in my band. Girl got some pipes!"

But he let Eli shuffle along to put her in her bed, and Ceri went to throw the slobbery blanket in the wash. When both had returned, Starlin was grinning evilly.

"I just thought of a new lesson for y'all," he said. "Well, Eli knows the drill, but I've yet to introduce you to this yet, Ceri.

"My master was a very eclectic teacher who had studied a variety of Force traditions. She taught me how to cast spells. Hers were simple phrases: 'Ashla, shield me from wickedness...'
"

A faint purplish glow briefly appeared around Starlin like an aura, before vanishing from sight. But there was something different about him which remained, detectable only in the Force. A shield surrounded him, protecting against Force-based attacks.

"But I decided to take those phrases and expand them into rhymes. Mainly because it's easier for me to remember, but I also found out that it could make the spell's effects even stronger. 'I walk in shadow and darkness; Ashla, shield me from wickedness…'"

The purplish glow flared again, far brighter this time. The air hummed with the spell's power.

"You can make up your own spells, too. It's all about the intent you put into the words, and by extension the Force. But anyway, I was thinking—why not write a song that serves as one long spell?" In other words, he wanted them to see what music would do to their use of the Force.

A brief wave of panic washed over Eliphas when Ceri declared that she would be adopting Mirar instead. He looked over to Starlin, eyes wide, as his heartbeat thudded so loudly it drowned everything else out. "But... But, I need her" he managed to gasp out, despite the fact that he was barely breathing. The pup noticed immediately, and what had been playful yips turned to silent, incessant licks. When that didn't work, she jumped up against his chest and nudged him under the chin.
That got him breathing. Slow, steady, in and out, he swallowed down the lump which had formed and blinked away the stupid tears which had sprung up in his panic. His cheeks turned bright pink as reality set in, and with it fresh understanding, and as he was helped to his feet his stared down at them nervously. "I... But... Mirar would, she'd like someone else to play with, and uh, yeah."
He wanted to leave, so he did. He wanted to bury his head in his pillow and scream... So he did. Muffled enough that no one outside of the room could hear. He wanted to stay there, hidden away; he didn't. Instead he composed himself, shrugged out of the jacket he'd been wearing to try and cool down some, then returned to the lounge.
Eliphas tried to pretend none of it had happened. If no one brought it up, he might actually get away with it too.
As Starlin went on to talk about the spells, Eliphas listened intently as though he had never heard about it before. The spell which was used as demonstration was one he was more than familiar with by now, but the premise of the actual lesson was something else entirely.
"Like a boon?" he asked, eyes widening in excitement, "Battlemind, but... song?"

banner2.png

SPARKY
ROAMING | BRIGHT KNIGHT
TAG: Starlin Rand Starlin Rand | Lief Lief

ceridiv.png

banner3.png

JAM

Ceri had noticed Eli's panic.

She was bubbly, not insensitive. So when she returned to the lounge, she quickly hugged him, obviously not caring about personal space.
"Thank you for letting me play with her in future. I miss my own pets." she said before releasing him and bounding over to Starlin.

"I just thought of a new lesson for y'all. Well, Eli knows the drill, but I've yet to introduce you to this yet, Ceri.

Ceri's big eyes sparkled.
"Ooooooh! Yes please!" she said excitedly. And then Starlin launched into a telling and demonstration. It was super cool!! She so wanted to be able to do that.

"You can make up your own spells, too. It's all about the intent you put into the words, and by extension the Force. But anyway, I was thinking—why not write a song that serves as one long spell?"
"Like a boon? Battlemind, but... song?"
That all got her attention even more, making her bounce up and down with excitement.

"That would be so epic! Uh, not that I know how to write a song." She was basically musically useless aside from listening to it and only now starting to learn how to play.

Starlin did notice Eli's panicked reaction to Ceri's joke, but he just stood there and blinked in confusion. "She's not gonna take your dog, Eli," he said, with a slightly nervous chuckle. "If she wants one so badly, I might be able to call the, uh, the breeder and get another one..."

Thankfully it all seemed to just be a weird misunderstanding, one that quickly blew over with a reassuring hug and a few moments to collect themselves. Soon enough his two Padawans were back in the room together, listening to his lesson plan with rapt attention.

"Like a boon? Battlemind, but... song?"

"Sure, if that's what you want to use it for," Starlin replied. He had picked up on Eli's tendency towards a support role. He seemed to have a particular talent for battle meditation and the like. Little cheerleader. "There's plenty of other options. You could write a song about, I dunno... explosive diarrhea, make it a malacia spell." He was laughing before he even finished his pitch. Oh man, I knew I shouldn't have had that drink earlier... "Not—not that I recommend that! Do not write a song about that, please." He'd never hear the end of it if word got out he had taught his students how to sing a song that would make people violently ill.

"That would be so epic! Uh, not that I know how to write a song."

"Just use Rhyme Zone, girl. It's what I do." Well, he had also been blessed with freakish talent, but he didn't want to discourage her. "Or you could take the lyrics of a song you like, maybe change them a little, and charge them with intent."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom