Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting RID Land

What felt like a long time ago by now although in reality wasn't, Gray had created Raxis Independent Designs. It was to provide none combat related equipment to the people of the Galaxy, and now it was doing so for Mandalore. The problem however was that the company didn't have anything set up on the planet but needed to. So with that need in mind Gray came to Mandalore after sending a message to his adopted daughter, [member="Yasha Mantis"] , asking to purchase some land on the planet to build a new headquarters and factory there. It was time that Mandalore got RID.

Large cargo ships were waiting around the area that Gray wanted to purchase. Several transport ships seemed to be mixed in with them as well. Everything and everyone that was needed to set up things were ready and just needed that deed to be signed before they could begin. The head foreman in charge of the hopefully soon to start project was already going over the plans laid out on a table inside of the central tent. The winds were rather mild today compared to how they tended to be lately with Mandalore still in such rough shape. A reason he wanted to get this place up and running as soon as possible. Their new terraformers would do wonders in fixing things.

Gray was in the tent as well, but there was not much he could do to help. He wore his clan armor with the gray scarf over his eyes as per usual while he sat on one side of a very comfortable loveseat. Force users were thankfully no longer banned from the planet so he was free to go as he pleased again, but the use of the force was banned still. So for that reason he had become truly blind again as he refrained from using force sight like he normally would. Being unable to review schematics and blueprints for this reason meant he had little more to do right now than just wait for his daughter to arrive.

The young woman in question was on her way, via bes’uliik to the meeting point. While the planet levelled after recent events, Yasha was as hard at work as one of her station could be. Flanked by members of the Yalilyr, Yasha set Solus down, and hopped off before Ambrose could rush around and help her down.

The young woman refused to be helpless. Ambrose whistled, and the hop of six legs pattered to the ground, as snuffling sunk into the air.

“Buir? We’re here, Buir.” Yasha walked through the tent, and saw [member="Gray Raxis"] sitting on the love seat. She smirked and pulled off her helmet, brushing stray hair away from her face. Whistling a sharp command, Yasha trotted over and sat beside her adopted father, digging her arm along his back to give the man a hug.

“Olarom, Buir! I’ve got a present for you… and I’m too excited so you’re going to have to take it now.” Yasha bounced on the couch, as the scuffling sound came closer, and a canine snout flopped next to Gray’s hand, sniffling and snuffing at his scent.

The girl beside Gray chuckled, her hand ruffling the coarse fur of the creature whose front paws began to push onto the love seat, so its’ snout could smell higher up.

“I had him trained for you. He’s a Strill, Buir. He knows all his commands, and he’s been trained to help you get around, and work with your blindness. I know I should have asked you first, but Baiko said you needed some help and he was the best… are you mad? Do you like him?”

The sound of Yasha entering reached Gray's ears before her words did. Now inside of the tent, the foreman and his workers just went about ignoring the pair for the most part but they did have a look over at the large animal that came in with their Mand'alor. They had to disregard it however as well when a pair of ship captains came in complaining about something pointless. The foreman frowned but immediately got them pushed back out so that their noise wouldn't disturb things going on at the loveseat. He knew what his boss was going to be doing today and didn't want them disturbed.

Gray smiled as he heard his daughter's voice and as soon as he felt her hug him he embraced her back. He was not use to hearing someone call him buir at all. Part of him felt like he was far too young for it still even though he wasn't. Strange how time felt so strange from how it use to now with his eyes no longer being able to see. He mentioned a gift though and he heard the sounds of the strill as it got use to the tent. A chuckle escaped his lips as he said, " You brought me a gift. How could I be mad about that?" He petted the strill as best as he could from their positions. It seemed to enjoy the action, but it quickly decided to find a better spot to lay down while it did its job. A real workaholic it seemed.

Turning his attention back to his daughter, Gray said, " Did you bring the deed for the land, honey? I'd like to get it signed as soon as possible so they can start getting everything built. Lots of people need our products and there is plenty of people who could use the work." He pulled off his gauntlets from his hands and tossed them to the side of the seat. Next he found her head with his left hand and took the back of her head. A kiss was placed on her forehead as he leaned her head into it. The action was warm and affectionate, but not in the same way it would have been if this was Baiko here with him instead. No this was familial not romantic in any way. He squeezed her once again and smiled fondly hoping that she could see it.

[member="Yasha Mantis"]

“I don’t know, don’t parent’s get angry about many, many things? Could be the wrong gift.”

Too much of Yasha Mantis’ life had been spent without parental guidance and affection. The girl soaked up every ounce of kindness Gray gave her, remembering all the while how amazing it felt to have the love of her absentee father, Preliat. Gray was a different man, and a much needed guide in Yasha’s life.

“Oh man, I was supposed to bring the land deed!? Shebs and dawoor, I knew I forgot something!” Yasha smacked her forehead with a laugh in her voice, before taking a data pad from Ka’lo Farr and pressing it into [member="Gray Raxis"]’ hand.

She smiled into the paternal affection, cuddling into Gray’s side like she used to as a little girl. “The people need the work, and the planet needs the development. It’s a good match, and it’s about time we gave you some tangible reasons to come home. Couldn’t forget the deed. Just one more good thing for Mandalore.”

Hugging her arms around Gray’s chest, Yasha cuddled in, shifting as she needed to get comfortable. Thankfully, her minutely growing belly wasn’t too grown to make comfort a far off dream.

“So, ah, how’s it feel to be a new Dad and an eventual Grandpa? Kaden told me Baiko sprung the news on Commenor.”

A chuckle escaped Gray's chest as a grin crossed his face. His new daughter seemed to have a playful side to her, which was good given his own. When the holopad was put into his hands, he found the bottom and then signed it as [member="Yasha Mantis"] snuggled into him. It felt nice having someone actually want to spend some time with him without some sort of string attached. That was something he was becoming aware was an issue before in his life. As soon as it was done, the foreman took the holopad from Gray and then began to yell all of the orders needed to get the project going. Outside the tent everything began to get busy. Supplies and equipment were unloaded off of ships as workers left their quarters. The building project was started for the new headquarters and factory.

The sounds from outside still made it, although muffled, into the tent. Gray listened to it for a moment before he turned his attention back to his adopted daughter. With a smile he wrapped his arm around her and just held her like he would if she were still a little girl. The whole scene probably looked odd, but he didn't care. He could tell she needed the fatherly affection as surely as her own child would need her motherly affection after they were born. He smirked when she mentioned how he felt about being a dad and soon to be granddad. " I feel about as prepared for both as you do about being a mother. Does that answer the question for you honey?"

An evil idea came to Gray's mind as a pair of workers argued from outside the tent while they passed it by. He smirked as he said to Yasha, " You know what happened after the charity auction honey? I took your nanny upstairs to my private room and we got very, very physical with each other. She left me exhausted at the end of it." He had to pause as he kept himself from laughing. This was just too evil of an idea. " Oh and that wasn't the first time either. We also did it once before on Concord Dawn. We were having a business meeting then that turned into a date at a local steak house. The date went very well in the end." He left it there. The sounds outside of the tent were getting more intense as machines began to work the ground and everything was organized.

Yasha was six years old, spending another night sick in her early days back from the Netherworld. Her tummy hurt, her fever was high and the child couldn’t sleep. Aditya’d gone off to Atrisia on business, too glad to get off the planet her husband loved. The little girl curled up on the couch beside her father, trying as hard as she could not to blubber or cry.

She couldn’t help it. The world was cold, and bright, and Yasha was too little. Preliat curled her up in a blanket and rocked her, easing her fever and getting her to sip her nutrient shakes. The first time in her life Yasha knew what feeling safe was about. The first time she realized what a father was for.

Now, Preliat was gone. Aditya was long dead. After a time when Yasha craved for a parent to guide, protect and love her, Gray was there. For a few minutes of her day, Yasha was nothing but a daughter, a twenty year old girl scared not of battles or diplomatic talks, but the baby in her nearly flat belly.

“So, beyond terrified and seriously lacking in any idea what to do whatsoever… awesome. Guess you and I’ll have to learn as we go. Kaden’s excited… and out of his mind protective. He’s gone into ’gonna-be-daddy’ overdrive.” Yasha shook her head against Gray’s shoulder and propped her legs up on the couch, cuddling her side into Gray’s shoulder.

That comfort faded in a millisecond as [member="Gray Raxis"] mentioned being ‘close’ to Yasha’s nanny. “Oh… EUCH! AW GROSS! Come on, BUIR! SERIOUSLY!”

Yasha stuck her tongue out and shivered, yanking out of Gray’s hold and standing up to shake off the heebie-jeebies. “Groooossss! She’s like… family!!”

The Strill raised its’ head, smacked its’ lips and looked between Yasha and Gray, before rolling in a circle and plunking back down. “Buiir, for serious, if you’re screwing with Baiko, Kaden will kill you. Dead. Baiko adopted him, legit adopted him. We want her sticking around, do I need to ask you what your intentions are on my nanny? Ugh, ew, other than… what you’ve said… grooss.”

Yasha plunked back down beside Gray and punched him on the shoulder. “I do not need details. Ever. EVER ever. Bleh! Never again!”

Outside, the outlines of the Yalilyr were the only still figures. Work had begun.

All Gray could do was laugh as his adopted daughter reacted to what he had to say to her. It was priceless and just felt like the dad thing to do to his not a child daughter. After she mentioned that Baiko was like family, he said to her, " What we did together wasn't something family should ever do." The freak out continued as did his laugh and then she said her peace about Baiko and asked his intentions. He couldn't help himself but respond by saying, " My intentions? Shouldn't you be asking her that? She was the one who began our very enthusiastic kissing and then pushed me into her room because she couldn't wait. You might want to ask her what her intentions with you daddy are." Then the punch hit his shoulder soon after and he laughed some more. She had an arm though and he could feel his shoulder stinging a bit from it. This was just too much fun.

The work outside was going well as they continued to prepare the area. Everything was running smoothly so far, which bothered the foreman a bit. He was a bit superstitious about these kinds of things. Despite his feelings he planned to keep it all smooth and quick. It was his job after all and what he was being paid for. He barked out orders left and right as he coordinated the movements of the various workers carrying supplies around and operating machines. The foundation needed to be perfect and solid if they wanted a building that would last. Everyone seemed to be aware of this goal and were doing their best to see it happen as much as the foreman was.

Gray managed to finish laughing enough once [member="Yasha Mantis"] had been done freaking out. He held his arms out for a hug since he couldn't tell where she was at. A warm smile was on his face. It was about time he was honest in answering her. " Baiko is a very special woman. My intentions are to get to know her as well as she will let me. We both have been feeling so lonely that it is nice having someone. I want to be with her and not just in that way. I want to just spend time cuddling and holding hands and talking. My intentions are to do all of that. Is that good enough for you and Kaden?" That was the honest truth about things. She might not believe him or think it was good enough, but it was how he felt. He just hoped she approved seeing how she was his daughter.

“Okay now I know why morning sickness is a thing! Gee, details I do not need! I kept my breakfast down today, for like, the first day in weeks.” Yasha continued to giggle and grunt in embarrassed jitters, her mouth going agape at [member="Gray Raxis"]’ commentary about [member="Baiko no Kaho"]’s behaviour. “She did not! She’s not… Baiko’s not… She could do no such thing! She’s all proper and muted and… and… I cannot believe it. It’s too… your face lights up when you talk about her, you know that? Cheeks go all… pink.”

Gray’s face did light up, in its’ way, when he talked about Baiko, and it made Yasha want to both be ill, and smile. Outside, Ambrose paced the tent, keeping his keen eye on the proceedings of building the new RID facilities. Mandalorians from across the planet were flowing in for work. People of varying qualifications coming together for the hope of the future planetary gains. The planet was recuperating. Now the family was, too.

"Buir? I've known Baiko my whole life. I've never known her happy. She was singing the other day. Singing. Told Kaden that she was falling in love, and she’s never done that before. So… don’t break her heart or Kaden’ll be livid and I won’t be happy either. Just please, I’m having enough nausea as it is with this baby… so please. No more details.” Yasha stuck out her tongue, shaking her head against Gray’s shoulder. She couldn’t help the percolating chuckle bubbling out of her lips.

“Wow. You are like, the most embarrassing father ever.”

All Gray could do was laugh at his daughter's response yet again. He wished he could see her face right now. It was sure to be an entertaining sight. Still she had something interesting to say which was that he seemed to light up whenever he spoke about Baiko. There was no doubt that was true for him considering how he felt. She was just concerned about what his intentions were and if anyone was going to get hurt in the end. It was endearing to see her so worried about the both of them, and endeared him to Baiko more as he heard his daughter talk about how the nanny felt about him. He squeezed his daughter though warmly as if to reassure her everything was okay.

Gray said to [member="Yasha Mantis"] in a not exactly joking tone, " Mute and proper are not two words I would use to describe Baiko. We talk a lot and she certainly enjoys having her fun with me. I mean that in every way too. The woman just enjoys herself, at least when she is with me." He began to think about how often he had heard the woman laugh around him. The times she joked and just had to smack him for one reason or another. Mute and proper were definitely not the words he would use for her. Perfect and amazing were much closer. He went on after indulging in his thoughts with a warm, longing smile on his face. " And I intend to keep doing everything I can too keep her happy. You have my promise on that honey.... Oh by the way, what is you and Kaden's situation at right now financially? Are you ready for having a baby?"

The ground clearing continued outside with workers yelling out at each other over the sounds of machines moving dirt and rock and debris out of the way. They had even begun to dig large pits around the area for the lowest levels of the factory that was being built. A team had even begun looking for a source of water to use. All was active and in motion. The foreman was continuing to direction people around and trying to keep things on track. It was still running smoothly, but then had to come to a halt in one area. A bomb had been found barely buried under the surface and they had to begin clearing out the immediate area around it. Seemed the foreman's instincts were right about it being too smooth. He got them to rope it off and the explosives crew to check it out. He barked orders for everyone else to get back to work and those not currently working to lend a hand somewhere. Things were getting back on track, but everyone was on edge hoping that the bomb was a dud or could be deactivated safely.

“She’s always been mute and proper. I didn’t even know she had a singing voice… if she’s smiling and enjoying herself with you, then that’s something truly amazing. So, take care of her and she’ll take care of you.”

Cuddling into the paternal hug, Yasha burbled out a sigh and deflated. Purposefully concentrating on the Empire, Yasha had for some time been completely out of touch with finances. Food came to her, she had a place to sleep. Her armour was maintained, and Kaden had clothing and the medical droids he needed to recover from losing his hand.

“Six weeks ago, [member="Kaden Mantis"], [member="Shia Kryze"] and I were still in the Netherworld. You don’t need credits in Hell, and… I’ve never had money of my own. Mama and Daddy had money… I don’t even own a wallet, let alone have a bank account. I know Kaden’s been picking up work as a carpenter, when he’s not in overdrive protecting me and now with the baby… I’m not ready to have a baby as it is. Don’t tell Kaden, but I don’t get scared. Really. Fear isn’t something I do… but being a mother?” Yasha deflated and hugged [member="Gray Raxis"]’s arm, cradling her cheek into his shoulder and her back toward his chest. “I’m terrified. It’s too quick, I’m not ready, I’ve got too much to accomplish… and when it comes to financially ready? I don’t even know what that is. Sure, I know you guys won’t let us go hungry, but… it’s just another bit of worry Kaden’s been doing, figuring out how to provide for his family, while his wife is busy roughing up a bunch of unruly Mandos.”

The bomb elicited an immediate response from Ambrose and the Yalilyr. Ka’lo Farr barked out orders to two of the Hunters, and they broke off to help with bomb diffusion and removal. Ambrose entered the tent, standing at attention.

“Mand’alor, it’s not safe here. If there’s one bomb, there could be two, we have to get you to safer ground.”

“I’m not leaving without my Buir. You’re coming with us, right?”

As Yasha spoke, Gray became more and more worried for her. Seemed she wasn't ready for any of this, but he had learned you never could be truly ready for what life had in store for you. It certainly had been true for his life. The biggest problem was that she didn't have any credits to speak of for herself and Kaden was just working on the side it seemed. Not the best situation for them as a new couple. He should do something about it. Before he could though, Ambrose came in talking about a bomb and then the foreman not long after repeated the same suggestion. As pleasant as things were right now and how much he wished it could continue longer, they were going to have to cut things short here.

Gray took [member="Yasha Mantis"] face in his hand. He smiled to her as he said, " I can't go with you honey. I have to stay here and help out the workers. They are my responsibility after all. You get out of here and have yourself a nice dinner with Kaden on me." He kissed her forehead then slipped all the credits he had on him into her hand. With that he made a motion for Ambrose to come get her. Before the man could though, he gave her one last, long hug. He was going to need to get on top of things here it seemed and help deal with some of the foreman's workload. It was never easy being in charge of anything. Be that a clan or a business or an independent daughter. He just made sure that the latest always had a warm, affectionate smile from him whenever she was around.

After Yasha had left, Gray found his way out of the tent and into the work place with the help of his new seeing eye strill. The animal was pretty devoted to its job and the pair were getting a look from the workers as they rushed about their duties, not that he was aware of it being blind. Coming up to the foreman, he said, " Is that bomb taken care of?" The foreman replied watching everything going on with a keen eye, " Yeah. Having it sent to wherever the Mandalorian Empire wants it. They can use it for something and gets us a bit of credits to go towards costs." Gray said after, " Good. If we have detectors on hand then get them out and looking for more bombs just in case. If we don't then have someone go get some as soon as possible while we take precautions. How long do you think it will take to get everything up and going here?" The foreman barked an order at some workers that were goofing off a bit then said, " About a week I'd say if we do it right. Could be sooner if we rushed things, but I don't suggest it." Gray said back, " Agreed. Do it right so we don't have to do it again. I'm going to stick around. Send worker arguments my way and I'll help manage what I can." The foreman made a sound of acknowledgement then went to go confront some workers about not properly stacking some equipment. Gray found himself a seat and sat down. Looked like he was in for a long week.

“Kaden’s a good man, he’s finding as much work as he can, it’s just... after what happened in the Throne Room, he’s concerned more with my safety than about a few credits stashed away. I don’t feel good about taking what little we have in Mandalore’s coffers for myself. It’s not fair. Mand’alor is the servant of the people, the Chiefain of Chiefs. I’m not a monarch, and I won’t dip my fingers in to the Empire’s finances, not when we’re needing every spare credit to rebuild.” Yasha shut her eyes and for a moment she was only a good man’s daughter. [member="Gray Raxis"] kissed her forehead, slid credit chits in her hand and Yasha embraced the fatherly affection she’d missed since Preliat finally cut his ties with Mandalore. Wherever her birth father went, Yasha hoped he found some semblance of peace, and freedom from his addictions.

While Yasha knew her birth father needed every good moment he could find, she knew for herself that having no parents was a terrible purgatory, near worse than the Hell she survived for so grievously long. She craved having a parent in her life, as desperately as she craved oxygen and her growing baby craved its’ mother’s protection and wellbeing. She looked at the credits pushed in her hand and at first Yasha tried to give them back. No... it was good for a man to treat his daughter.

“Thanks, Buir. I... ah... I’m sorry I don’t have better finances but... don’t worry. Kaden and I will be fine. We’ve got food, shelter, and friends. What else does a person need? After all we’ve been through, being able to sleep at night without keeping watch is the best luxury Kade’ika and I know. We don’t need money, when being wealthy is having security and love.” Above all, the young woman Gray adopted was a product of strife and war. Once upon a time, Preliat and Aditya Mantis wanted better for their little scion, their beloved daughter. Yet the Manda put its thumb on Yasha’s infant forehead. She spent her childhood in chaos or in a slim peace or in war. Now on the other side of it, Yasha has no concept of a better life. There was so much yet for the Mand’alor to learn beyond the acts of violence which kept her and her family alive.

“You’re not allowed to blow up, Buir. I don’t give you permission to die.” Yasha crushed Gray’s ribcage with her inhuman strength and pulled up from the couch, following Ambrose to the entrance of the tent. “I’ll be back to see how the progress is going... maybe sooner if Kaden decides to shoot you for messing with Baiko.”

The week swept through Mand’alor’s schedule, with vertical gardens rising and ships requiring her attention around the in-construction orbital rings. A week later, Yasha and her entourage returned to the RID construction site, this time via ship instead of Bes’uliik. Yasha searched the skyline, watching the progress of the construction and the legion of Mando’ade at work. Even Kaden seemed to get work on-site... when he could be pried away from his pregnant wife’s side. While Mandalore was rebuilding, these were far from peaceful times.

“Buir! This progress is looking fantastic. Give you guys a week and you give me a mini city on the move. Has Baiko see this? Or is she too busy getting used to being a blind man’s wife? Apparently you thought she was your wife since, when? Concord Dawn!? When we’re you going to tell your daughter?!?! I should slug you! I really should!” Yasha trotted up to Gray and slugged him on the shoulder, then threw her arms around the shorter man’s neck. “You absolute rancor! You.. you sarlacc! How dare you!”

Incapable of helping the bubbling laugh in her throat, Yasha surveyed the new construction. “So that land I gave you is coming to good use?”

The week swept by in a flash as the mini-city of a headquarters and factory went up. The incident with the bomb had cut short Gray's time with his daughter, but the grouchy old Ambrose wasn't wrong. There were more bombs buried about, but it oddly sped up the digging rather than slowed it down. They did take up large chunks of the ground after all, which was that much less they had to dig up. They all got moved and the foundation was set as best as it could be. From there everything just went up quickly. It was honestly a task that should have taken long but with the sheer man power that came looking for work the time was drastically reduced. A boon for RID getting the place up, but a telling symptom of Mandalore's state still needing more work than before.

The strill that had been given to Gray by [member="Yasha Mantis"] had not left his side the entire time he was at the work site. The worker quickly got use to the sight of the blind man and his seeing hound as well to the point they were more worried when they weren't sitting in whatever spot they took for that day. It was actually in that spot that he was at when Yasha showed up and began to act impressed by the building. He imagined it must be, but he couldn't see it himself. He was going to respect his daughter's new laws about no force use even if it was something as harmless as force sight. The strill did abandon his side though to go greet his pregnant daughter as soon as they were aware of her. He chuckled about it then said, " She hasn't stopped by yet, and I haven't left the site since we started. I never did plan on telling anyone really. This will sound weird, but the marriage with Baiko for me was for the two of us. I wanted it to stay private that way. It is like I could keep her all too myself if I could keep it secret."

Gray stood up from his spot and got a punch then a hug from his daughter as workers carried in the last of the furniture and small equipment into the building. The larger machinery had been installed the day before and the factory was finished up at the same time. The offices was what was being finished up right now, and once everything was done it could get straight to work. The only thing not worked on was his office, since he planned on letting his wife handle decorating it. Not like he could see anything he was doing anyways. He walked over to Yasha and held out a holopad for her. " I got you a present. Take this and press the center button." He waited for her to do as he asked.

If Yasha pressed the button, she would find an account with a couple million plus change credits on it. The name on the account listed had her name and Kaden's name on it. Gray would smile to her warmly and say, " That should handle your financial situation for now. There will be a regular deposit of credits to it too, but it isn't nearly that much. Just think of it as a little present from your dad to help you and Kaden get through this without having to worry so much about your wallets." He held out his arms for a hug and asked after, " Did I do good enough to earn another hug?"

Yasha gave the Strill a good pet between its ears, and under its’ snout, laughing as the Strill stuck its’ snout into her belly and snuggled. The young woman’s belly was now beginning to show, a bit more round, a bit more protruding swathed in special growth plates, which had been modified from her mother Aditya Mantis’ original designs.

“Baiko’s sulking! She’s offended you didn’t ask her to marry her first. She’s the least Mandalorian person in the universe, Buir, she wants to be courted and proposed to, like a proper Atrisian Lady. Keep it secret, fine, but get her a ring or something! Ask her properly.” Yasha slugged [member="Gray Raxis"]’ shoulder again then threw her arms around him.

“A present? Buir, you don’t have t- Buir… what is th-“ Yasha took off her crush gaunt and pressed the centre button. The next screen flushed with a ripe nest egg of credits in Yasha and her husband’s name.

“Wh… wh… but… Gray, I can’t accept this. It’s too much, it’s far too much.” Yasha handed the data pad back to Gray, shaking her head. “I… you… you cannot have that much money. Not for us… not… No. No! I can’t accept it! I can’t, it’s…” Yasha put her hand over her mouth and pressed her forehead into Gray’s shoulder.

Her shoulders began to shake, tiny choked sobs striking from her throat. “Yes, you can have another hug.” Yasha whispered and pulled her arms around his chest.

“Thank you, Dad. How’m I ever going to pay you back?” Yasha cried, feeling the relief of her financial burden lifted, feeling for the first time in years that she didn’t have to press on without help, affection or aid. She already knew that there was no ‘paying back’. She had flimsy memories of her father Preliat giving her gifts, or making her a meal. Yet, the times where others cared for her were so few, for a moment Yasha didn’t know what to do.

Everyone kept on moving various items into the office section of the facility as Yasha spoke with Gray. There was so much to be said. Seemed that Baiko was not happy with him, which was just to be expected. He certainly hadn't handled the matter with her in the fashion she or most would expect. It just gave her something to look forward to though when he did make up for it. Things shifted over to the present though as his daughter took a look. Her reaction was what he expected as she was so set on declining it, yet still gave him a hug. He wrapped his arms around her as well and embraced her back. " I won't take it back honey. It is yours now, and it will go faster than you think. I can afford it though. I certainly don't use it and have made plenty of credits over the years. If you want to pay me back just raise your kid in the Mandalorian way: lots of love and learning."

Gray gave her a kiss on the cheek then added, " I have a plan for handling things with Baiko, so don't worry. She will be as surprised as always by it too. Got to make her heart skip as many beats as I can after all." He chuckled knowing how much it was going to "upset" the woman. He squeezed her once then let go. " I have an extra date from the charity with Baiko. Why don't you and Kaden take it? The two of you could use a nice date together. All of it is paid for as well and it includes dancing. I heard how much you love to dance." The foreman walked over and whispered something in Gray's ear. He nodded to the man and listened as they left. He turned his attention back to his daughter with a smile. " They finished up the office and all of the regular workers are getting started. Want to take a look at the factory getting started? It is the first company facility going up on Mandalore since you became Mand'alor."

As Gray waited for a response from his daughter, people were busy going in and out of the facility. Those who were going to continue to work for the company were filtering in as the temporary workers helping put the place up were heading out. All of the spare materials not needed anymore were being loaded back up into ships along with the machines used to build it all. It had taken them a week, but things could begin again. RID's first facility on Mandalore was finally finished and ready to begin producing while being the new headquarters for the company.

[member="Yasha Mantis"]

Yasha continued to allow the familial affection on offer, a young woman with not nearly enough of it in her life. Drying her eyes, she sniffed in a large breath and let out a sigh. “You’re going to have to teach your grand baby the Resol’nare, just like we will, Buir. Truth be, I’m a bit worried. Mama was… she loved me, but we didn’t have the luxury of learning much more than ballet and how to kill something bigger than us to survive. Hell made her hard, and… Daddy loved us more than… I miss him? I know he’s not dead, but he’s so broken and… done. There wasn’t enough of him left the last time I saw him for… anything but walking away. I’m trying to figure out how to love our baby, when all I can do is fear it.”

Putting a voice to the anguish inside her chest helped the Force Dead woman come clean and connect. “I’m going to need you… to show me what it’s supposed to be like… and you’d better have a plan for Baiko. Guess it’s you after all, sweep her off her feet in no time… Just remember to go for the left shoulder. Old sparring accident… always been her weak spot.”

Yasha punched at Gray’s shoulder softly, hissing out another little breath.

“You know about my dancing?” Yasha smirked, taking Gray’s elbow in her arm and leading him to the entrance of the new RID structure. “I don’t want to take it if you and Baiko need the time together… although Ambrose did mention how you didn’t seem to need the help.”

Incapable of glossing over the subject without ribbing her new adopted parent, Yasha guided Gray to the factory door. “There’s a lip at the doorway here, Buir… sure, I’ll take Kaden dancing. It’ll be fantastic to spend a night without worrying about some global catastrophe… oh wow. Want me to describe it for you? There’s Mandos working everywhere. Everyone’s hopping to and the droid skid-jacks are buzzing around like hornets after a honeycomb… skiffs of supplies are going back to your construction ships, and… heh. Kaden’s helping with the load and trying not to let us notice he’s working. Oh! His lips tightened! That’s like Kaden’a for ‘hello’… and that’s the foreman telling him to get back to work. No rest for the wicked.”

Yasha continued to explain what she saw to her blind father, taking an account of the clean-up and the unloading of supplies and facilities to get the factory running. The entire complex was impressively built for a week’s work, between the massive workforce and the droids from Jorus Merrill, it all had taken shape.

“There’s another delivery coming in, looks like furniture… and it’s got Baiko written all over it… did you tell her she could decorate your office?” The Strill Yasha procured for [member="Gray Raxis"] trotted along beside Gray’s free side, maintaining an ever watchful eye.

“You know it’s going to be immaculate and probably breakable, right? Buir? This all looks really good. Thank you for taking me up on the offer of bringing RID’s headquarters home. I wish more Mandalorians followed your example.”

As Yasha spoke about herself and her feelings on the different things they had talked about, all Gray could do was smile to her warmly. She knew what he would say by this point even without him having to say it, and that was just what he decided to do. Words were only important if the meaning wasn't already understood without them. She did take him up on the offer though to take a look at the new facility that had just finished being built. With her arm in his, the two entered into a scene that might just take her by surprise.

The entry was the typical lobby all facilities had. A lounge area was set up for visitors and reps to wait in with some form of entertainment offered and a receptionist acting as the gate keeper further in. A local Mandalorian woman had gotten herself finished setting up and nodded to the both of them. She was ready for her job and already getting herself familiar with it. A few guards in the Raxis clan armor were scattered around in strategic locations to respond to any sort of threat and also intimidate anyone who might be thinking about starting trouble. Further in they would find themselves in a hallway that had offices on one side and people working at desks on the other. It seemed rather typical at first, but the appearance of small weapons like vibroknives and blaster pistols on hips and desk tops said it wasn't. The mixture of different races also showed how many of these people had come in from the old headquarters to work in this one.

After the office area was bit of a divide as an extra thick wall was built in to severely dampen the sounds of the factory section beyond it. In the factory area everything was being finished up and checked. [member="Yasha Mantis"] described to Gray much of what was happening here as it was cleared out completely of the old construction supplies and workers. The factory workers began to take up their spots around forging areas, assembly lines, production area where the silicar would be made, and just every sort of job in between. Shift leaders made sure everyone followed the orders barked out by the foremen in charge of each area. The manager, a nagai woman, and her assistants were all gathered up in an office area going over the plans sent their way by an intern from the office area. All of the machines were getting started up for the first time and warmed up before they began producing none stop to supply Mandalore with the supplies she needed so badly.

A lift leading up to a top floor would take them to Gray's office in the building, but it was not ready yet for him. Not as if he could do much for them right now anyways given his lack of sight. It was impossible for him to look over data even if he did use force sight. Instead he smiled and said finally to his daughter, " What do you think? Everyone sounds busy and on top of their tasks. I'd think it had been up for awhile if I wasn't here the whole time it was being built." He would wait for her to respond. These people knew what they were doing and didn't need a blind man trying to dictate their work. After, he would say, " We should let them work. I can come back with Baiko later and get my office arrange properly. She is the best at that sort of thing after all. For now why don't I head back with you to the palace and we can talk some more before I have to get to work on the next project?" He smiled and waited for her response. It was clear that she would go along with it, but he wanted her to know she always had that choice with him.

Steady, little one. Breathe, square your shoulders and keep on the path. Trust the Resol’nare, and trust your vode.

Unspoken but invariably true, Yasha knew her father would say such things to calm her. Trust in the Manda, trust the Vode, who all eventually become the Manda. Do not fret the problems of tomorrow before one ought, and remember that children are a joy. Thus was the wisdom of [member="Gray Raxis"], and thus was what Yasha held in her heart, when the shadows got too long and too bold to ignore.

The RID HQ was an impressively efficient sight to witness. As much as she could, Yasha continued to tell Gray everything she saw, focussing on the people and the development they brought to the company and the planet.

To see the Mando’ade throwing into work did the young Mand’alor well. She breathed easier, and by the end of the tour, Yasha found a smile to wear and a lilt to her Epicant-native voice.

“It’s amazing, Buir. It’s all amazing. People are working, the planet is moving. Thanks, I… I needed a positive change and this is definitely the beginning of one.” Still hugging his arm, Yasha ducked her temple onto his shoulder and squeezed tight. “Ka’lo caught a mighty feast yesterday, hunting. We’re welcome in the Mess Hall, when’s the last time you had a good meal, with Baiko being away and you being here? Yes, let’s go. A girl’s got to take care of her father, after all. Especially when he’s taking such good care of her.”

The shuttle took off from RID’s new HQ, and the Ash of Manda’yaim indeed left his homeland a little better than it had been a week before.

Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom