Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting my first "pet"...

aIn one of the crummiest places on all of Nar Hutta, was Kao Xusros. It was badly in poverty, but what wasn't on Nar Hutta, as only the Hutts and their Syndicates had any real wealth. He had arrived on Nar Hutta first in order to broker a deal between himself and a mercenary, which had gone well. The mercenary had told Kao of a recent rise of Force-Sensitives on Nar Hutta, most of them mercenaries like himself looking for work.

So, Kao went into the lower districts of Nar Hutta and began to work his way up from one poverty-stricken zone to another. There was little similarity between the Jen'ari Empire and Nar Hutta's "government". The Empire actually cared for its citizens, as compared to the Hutts care for fun and wealth. But that was another story...

He went into a little cantina, and got himself a drink. Kao got the barkeep to announce to the crowd inside that there was a man looking for Force-Sensitives, and that he was willing to pay. A small group wandered over, with one who seemed like their leader stepping up to Kao and declaring that he was Force-sensitive, and highly so. "Prove it" was all that Kao said. The man-thing replied with "Do you have any credits on you, for i don't do these karking tricks for nothing!" Kao said nothing, and the man thinking that he was sly balled his fist and wrapped his fingers around the trigger of his pistol. He went in for a punch, but Kao Force Pushed him back into the opposite wall, with the force of the impact forcing the man-thing to fire once. It did not hit anyone, just the ground, but this scared the man. The man and his group proceeded to run off.

Kao then stood up onto a chair and loudly said: "I can teach anyone who is Force-Sensitive to be able to do feats of recently unknown power. I can help you extract revenge upon those who deserve it, or to kill if that is your way. But spread the word! I, Kao Xusros of the Jen'ari Empire, am looking for ALL Force-Sensitives!" He paused, and then shouted once more: "GO, NOW!" Watching most of the patrons leave, Kao went up to the Barkeep and payed him for his drink and added a good tip for the announcement. He then went over to a nearby booth, and told the Barkeep to send all looking for him that way.

[member="Mirvak"]

Mirvak

Some chains are better left unbroken.
A particularly scummy looking Twi'Lek departed with the rest of the bar, and walked in a hurried pace down the maze-like, dimly lit alleyways in the poverty stricken underworld. He broke into a run as soon as he came past a few conspicuous gang members guarding the entrance into their "turf." The gang members looked over the scruffy Twi'Lek, not saying a word to him as he ran past. He went deeper and deeper into the territory until he came to a seemingly empty, derelict warehouse, and ran into it.

. . .​
The beast hovered off the ground slightly, his lightsaber disassembled and suspended in the air before him. The huge form, shrouded in darkness, sat in total silence in his private quarters hidden away from his lackeys. Floating there, he focused on his anger, his past defeats, the humiliation, his enslavement. Though the permanently scowling face was calm, rage simmered just beneath the surface. Suddenly, his holocommunicator began to ping softly. Mirvak's eyes snapped open, the single remaining organic yellow orb piercing the darkness. "M-master... there is an intruder here." His lightsaber pieced itself back together in mere moments, Mirvak stood on his two feet, deciding in that moment that he would kill the messenger for interrupting his meditation with such useless info that his goons could take care of themselves. The voice continued,"He is a Sith, of the Jen'Ari Empire!" Mirvak stopped in his tracks, his eyes narrowing.

. . .​
The bar remained empty for some time, it seemed the Sith's invite was going to go unanswered. About 15 minutes passed, and a scruffy looking human man walked into the doorway of the bar. He instantly locked eyes with [member="Kao Xusros"], excitement in his darkened face appeared as he imagined the opportunities away from Nar Shadda. Suddenly, from the darkness behind him, a lightsaber was ignited and a massive red lightsaber blade pierced through the man's chest. The human gasped, but no sound came from him. The lightsaber was extinguished, and a massive clawed cybernetic hand reached over the humans head and gripped it, tossing him aside. The barkeep nonchalantly stepped into the back of the bar upon seeing this.

The hulking beast Mirvak ducked under the doorway, and stood to his full height. He was covered in unassuming rags and robes, and a hood to conceal his memorable, hideous visage. From under the hood, a single dark yellow eye burned a hole into Kao. Mirvak slowly stepped forward, the claws on his feet clacking against the floor softly. He stopped a few meters from Kao, his rage beginning to build within him. He growled, his deep, throaty voice betraying his anger towards the intruder,"Your invitation--it is not welcome."

Kao watched gleefully as his orders were followed, and watched the bar empty. Must be true then, that Force-Sensitives are here. He waits and drinks patiently, and then watched as a man came in. Behind the man was only shadows, so Kao assumed that either this man was the quickest to arrive or no one else did. However, barely before the man could speak was he impaled from behind by what looked like a great-saber, one of the larger variants of lightsabers. A Cybernetic clawed hand pushed the body aside, while another held the hilt of the great-saber. Kao said nothing as the beast thing which emerged from the shadows came closer. He was just interested in why the killing, although killing was fun, there was a time and a place for everything, and how he had gotten the saber.

​He was told that his "invitation" was not welcome. Kao paused for a second, and then replied with "I.., did not.., invite.., anyone." He punctuated. "I told people to find Force-Sensitives. I am looking for more acolytes and apprentices, those with control of their powers and those without..."

"Now.., about Force-Sensitives... What is your name and are you a Force-Sensitive?" After getting a reply of sorts, Kao then asked the beast about his Great-Saber. "That lightsaber, may I see it?" And without even waiting for a reply pulled the saber out of the beast's hand with the Force and brought it closer to himself, all the while addressing some bits and parts of it. "The pommel, mmm, doesn't really go.... This, is a great-saber." And while stating what was up with the saber, he quickly took it apart midair telekinetically and then put it back together, stating that it would hold up even better as the crystal had been a tad bit loose. Kao then proceeded to return the blade to its owner.

"Ok. Now lets get down to business. If my so called invitation was not welcome, then why did you come?"

[member="Mirvak"]

Mirvak

Mirvak's eye widened, the pupil dilating as his lightsaber was stolen from him. A loud, bestial growl rumbled from his throat, lips pulled back into a feral snarl, as he watched the interloper disassemble his lightsaber in front of him, then hand it back to him. He snatched it out of [member="Kao Xusros"]' hand, his eyes boring holes into the intruder. The pause was long and deafening. Suddenly the beast's scowl faded, his remaining organic eye closing, as he chuckled darkly for a moment. It was a short lived moment, as soon as the cackle subsided his burning yellow eye cracked open, and the beast ignited the saber and swung diagonally downward across the table, slicing it in half. He raised his horribly burnt left arm, the two pieces of table violently flying towards the ceiling, and flung the table over his shoulder. Mirvak then returned his saber to a ready stance level with the Zabrak's head.

Nostrils flared and eye burning with fury, the hooded creature snarled and growled before speaking again, choosing not to answer his previous question,"Your invitation is not welcome, because you are on my territory... A fool could perceive that is not you who are not looking for apprentices, your master is. Now return to your shackles and beg him for forgiveness, because you did not find any candidates in this place."

After handing back the great saber to its owner, Kao watched patiently as the table at which he sat was hacked in two. There was no form in the destruction of the table, just brute strength. But brute strength could be easily overcome by skill and agility. After all, the dangerous ones were more likely to be the ones who hit hard and ran fast, which in essence made Kao seem like an assassin, which he was not.

"You are wrong in saying that I am not looking for apprentices, as I am looking for future apprentices for when i finish my currently ongoing Knighthood Trials. If you do not wish to enlist with me, then leave. BUT! If you wish for me to leave then you must first sit down and talk with me, and I will leave afterwards. I would just like to have a quick chat with you." While talking to the angered beast, Kao patiently slid his left hand towards his Lightsaber, in preparation of any hostilities. Sure, he could just Force Push the beast humanoid, but where was the fun it that?

But overall, Kao wanted to learn more about this "beast". Where he was from, its name, its territory, its skills, and how it came into possession of a great saber...

[member="Mirvak"]

Mirvak

Mirvak chuffed and snorted at the idea of this man having any apprentices under him. The wolf raised his head proudly and defiantly, looking down at him over his long snout,"I will not 'enlist' myself under a mere neophyte yet to complete his trials, nor a fool who betrays his traitorous intentions towards his master openly." He remained standing, his greatsaber ignited in his hand. He pointed the tip of the saber toward [member="Kao Xusros"] directly,"Your false civilities are rejected. Speak what you wish, then leave." Then he lowered the blade again.

"I am not a neophyte, I am a apprentice who is completing his trials! These take time and effort, something of which you have never tried, as I can assume that you normally strike first, and then announce your arrival later." Kao paused, a little flustered, but he managed to keep his cool. He then replied once more to the beast.

"The only reason for which i have not killed you is that I am on a mission to come back with a new acolyte, just one. I had planned for there to be a big fight, everyone for themselves, with the lone survivor coming with me. However, you scared everyone else away. So you will be coming with me. And in order to do so, I would like to hold a wager with you. We fight, not here, but right outside. If I win, then you shall follow me and become an acolyte within the Jen'ari Empire. If you win, I shall leave, and give you one thousand credits as a payment for your time. However, if you in any way cheat or call upon help, then I shall immediately kill you. Any questions?" Kao had raised his voice, and had almost started to sound like a preacher of sorts. But he was nothing like a preacher. He was a Sith of the Jen'ari Empire, and there was nothing more beautiful in the galaxy than that.

[member="Mirvak"]

Mirvak

The wolf's one bestial eye glared down at the Zabrak with an obvious air of disdain and hatred. Mirvak didn't like theatrics or excessive, dramatic speeches, nor did he care for being repeatedly insulted by this outsider on his territory. He assumed much, that the wolf would ever accept being under him, and that he could simply kill him at will. Mirvak's anger began to build at the petty expectation of a "fair fight between two Sith." This Zabrak did not know anything of being a Sith, he thought.

Mirvak snarled, letting out a bestial growl in reply. From his snarl he hissed out an acidic accusation dripping with hate,"You talk like a witch:.."

"Too much."
With that, Mirvak swung his massive greatsaber with surprising speed given his size, aiming to cleave the Sith in two where he sat.

[member="Kao Xusros"]

Kao saw the sudden change in posture, and immediately grabbed at one of his sabers. He blocked the greatsaber with his lightsaber. however, there was a good amount of effort needed to stop the cleaving swipe. The beast was stronger than Kao physically, but maybe not in the Force. "I said... Outside!"

While still in a saber lock, Kao stood up, and broke the lock, putting a small distance between the two. This was going to be fun, and this Force-Sensitive was going to pay for its insults, and be enlisted in the Jen'ari Empire when this all was over. Even if it was not voluntary, the beast would make a strong warrior, and a great Sith. But only if he joined the Jen'ari, not if he stayed here on Nar'Shadda with most likely a small gang of sorts. The beast looked like it did not like taking orders, Ever. That would change though.

As he made his way towards the door, with the beast on his "tail", Kao noted that the beast had a good amount of cybernetic implants, like an eye and an arm. He would probably go for one or the other in the upcoming duel...

[member="Mirvak"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom