Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting down to smooth sounds & living it up at The Smooth Spacers Club

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
The Smooth Spacers Club, Carson City, Kyrayc​
"The way I see it there's two types of people, those who spend their lives trying to build a future and those who spend their lives trying to rebuild the past."
——————————————————————
[member="Jorge"]
Interesting.

To say that the young kid that Ar'ekk had met on Lithios and called himself a prolific smuggler would prove to be somewhat of a successful businessman by running a club out of an unknown planet, at least for himself, was surprising. Tracking Jorge down wasn't that difficult after all, everyone left trails wherever they went and a seasoned retired Jedi and career criminal turned slicer would be able to put the pieces together quite efortlessly.

Docking the legendary Ebon Hawk in a private bay to avoid getting it stolen wasn't difficult, credits-wise Arekk was very comfortable so spending a hefty amount meant nothing nowadays. Jorge's "Smooth Spacers Club" was a haven for all kinds of individuals, both on the good and wrong side of the law and Arekk couldn't help but feel at home within the establishment itself even though he hadn't reached such just yet.

A small datapad showed the slicer the location to this fine establishment and once he laid eyes on the front entrance, he made sure to look presentable in his attire: A very elegant black leather jacket with black slacks to match and shoes that were as refined as the man wearing them.

A short haircut that was more like a presentable mohawk that would definitely be acceptable should there be a dress code, nothing but the finest textures touched his skin anyways while a very delightful scent of cologne gave the final great touch to a remarkable outfit.

"Savareen brandy, please." He asked the bartender after waltzing into the establishment with practiced bravado, setting down a credit chip on the counter. "Keep the change."

Nothing like a drink to start a wonderful evening, accompanied by the smooth sound of music going in the background. A good host would come to say hello, right?

Probably.

——————————————————————
Outfit: X

2pzgwlx.jpg

Naira had been in Carson City taking a rest in her travels when she'd heard of a club opening not to far from the bar she'd been frequenting. It seemed as though everyone was talking about it and how some possibly important people may show up as it was some big to do. This made the woman curious about whether or not she would find herself in the company of one particular male should she crash such a party.

This was all the drive she needed to put herself in an unknown situation which this new life just so happened to be full of. She'd walk along the sidewalk, fixing the nude gown that hugged her curvaceous form. A lace overlay cascaded down with silver diamonds lining along the gown to make her shine. Long, raven hair fell freely down her back and was tucked back behind her ears to keep her face visible. Dark hazel eyes scanned the outside of the beautiful club while she stood at the doorway. She had no invitation but was open to giving out credits in order to enter.

The purple lights and jazz music immediately felt like an overload to the mocha skinned beauty, still unsure as to what to expect or what to do. Eyes looked to find anything that appears familiar to what she'd recently come across. Thankfully she caught sight of a bar and made her way towards it, standing tall and attempting to 'blend in' as much as possible.

Objective:
~| Talk to the people!
Wearing:
~| The Usual
Hey you:
~| [member="Arekk"] [member="Lirka Ka"]

"Yeah, yeah we just opened." He said with a smile.

Jorge raised his shot to his lips and soon sent it's contents down his throat.

"So is there anyone in particular you'd like to meet, I could introduce you to a few people I know- Oh hold on."

Jorge looked around him looking for someone he could bring over, but most of his acquaintances were busy. "Nevermind.. not right this second though." He turned back to the bar, and bought another drink.

This one wasn't for him though. "Get the lady another of her last order."

While waiting for Lirka's drink to come, Jorge realized who was next to him, someone he could easily drag into the conversation. He waited for Lirka's drink to come before saying anything.

"I got someone from the CIS, you should meet." The club owner tapped the man to his right on the shoulder. "Hey there." He complimented the man. "That's quite a fancy jacket you have on." Then he waited for the lowlife to realize who he was.

~~~
The band went on break, after their bass player stopped playing in the middle of the song and walked off stage. Probably some effect of a feud in the band? Maybe.

Arekk

"The way I see it there's two types of people, those who spend their lives trying to build a future and those who spend their lives trying to rebuild the past."
——————————————————————
[member="Jorge"] ~ [member="Lirka Ka"] ~ [member="Naria Vi'dreya"]
"Hey, kid."

There was Jorge in all his splendor running the smoothest club of them all on this side of the galaxy while Ar'ekk thought he couldn't even kill a fly let alone become a successful entrepreneur with such a big popularity that his only establishment was packed with very important figures from all kinds of places. Truth be told, the fallen Jedi turned slicer was kinda proud that the kid had given up the smuggler's life, if that's what he did, to seek a much more legal path.

"Long time no see, huh?" The man inquired while coiling his fingers on the glass of Savareen brandy, sniffing the magnificent scent of his drink before sipping. "Feels like yesterday. You ain't doing so bad."

Feeling a slight discomfort due to the band ceasing to play those magnificent tunes, Ar'ekk tugged on his jacket's collar and laid eyes on Lirka, recognizing the Elf herself from an early "meeting" on Lithios' finest spa. Champagne, massage, a jacuzzi. The whole charade was fun and really unusual for him yet it cut short for a moment.

"I guess meeting familiar faces is nowadays more often than you think."

——————————————————————

Her lids squinted as she tried to get used to the lights and forced her to avert her gaze from the stage as the band on stage worked to play their loud, wailing music. It confused her how something could be so loud and obnoxious yet smooth to the ear. Fingers lightly drummed on the bar before her attentions turned toward the tender, lifting a single finger before full, natural painted lips parted to speak. When she did it was probably a little too loud, in all honesty. She couldn't help it, though, the whole atmosphere was a change from the quiet mumblings of the bar she'd previously introduced herself to.

"Tihaar, please. Hold the ice."

She'd go silent then and begin to take in her surroundings as she'd always been trained to do. It was foolish to let the music and lights distract her from her primary goal.

Pulling out a credit and set it down on the bartop when the tender brought her drink forward, giving a nod of thanks. Noticing the music stop a dark, slender brow rose in curiosity while looking over toward the stage. Just what was going on with that?

Slender digits wrapped around the short glass of clear liquid, bringing it up to her lips and tilted it for a sip. The lids of her eyes closed for just a second, enjoying the familiar taste. It was a taste of home and a brought a welcomed warmth in this unknown time of her life.

The glass continuing to be held as she turned and pressed her back against the bar, bringing an elbow back to rest on it and let a hand dangle lazily. Slowly she was acclimating to the surroundings with the flashing lights and it seemed the break the band had taken helped with that. More of an 'ease' into things for her, gaze focusing on all those around who appeared fairly busy. None of them seemed to be who she was searching for, though.

"The Galaxy is smaller than they tell ya'. That, or they just wanna kill ya."

There was nothing quite like that small layer of Underworld paranoia Lirka was yet to break. Though it was an accompanied with a half drunken grin, turning her attention right back to [member="Jorge"] she let out another laugh, a wide grin had seemed to be plastered on her face. How unnatural, Lirka? Actually smiling?

"You're a funny one, ya' know that? I don't know damn well a person in this Confederacy. I'm just good at bustin' heads for you people."

If anything it could easily be considered the answer of "I actually know no one in this group, you can show me anyone and I will not remember or know them.", but when Lirka made her leaning tower of empty glasses she became far less eloquent in her choice of words.

[member="Arekk"]

Objective:
~| Talk to people!
Wearing:
~| The Usual
Hey you:
~| [member="Lirka Ka"] [member="Arekk"]

"Can I have a cool quote too?" - IRL Jorgo
~~~
Even though it felt like they had only met recently, it had been a long time since that night on Lithios.

Thinking back on it now Jorge couldn't remember anything else about that night besides meeting Arekk. The absence in the scoundrels mind could be explained away by the existence of the liquid poison he's come to enjoy so much..

"Yeah I'd have to agree with you, well.. So far the club is doing well. I just opened it. But yeah, so far, it's all good."

Jorge gave Arekk a pat on the back. "Y'know it's really nice to see you again."

~

Jorge now talking to Lirka again would say, "Honestly most of the people here are clients I don't talk to directly, you see, I smuggle for the CIS, I don't really know many of theses people, besides Arekk here."

He'd laugh. "I guess we're the same to an extent."

~~~
During the little reunion, the music started again, now the piano player was filling in for the bass player. There was no apparent reason for why the bass player left, but now it didn't really matter, as the mood changed with the first notes of [X].

Naira's attention was pulled away from focusing on what being inside a club like this was like while the silence was there. It seemed the hum of voices was less boisterous and it was easier to pick up bits and pieces of conversation.

Focus was key right now. She needed to know if any of these pieces she'd hear a familiar name or something known of his whereabouts. She could just use her gut and senses but she wasn't very strong in them and wasn't all that good when it came to tracking matters close to the heart.

Bottom lip would be sucked into her mouth to nibble on it a moment before her attention caught word of one of the men, [member="Jorge"] , saying he smuggled for the CIS. Perhaps he might know? But when would be a good time to disrupt? From what else she was able to hear before the music struck once again was that he also owned this establishment.

Of course he'd know. He'd have to... Right?

Now all she had to do was wait until the right time. How she'd get his attention she wasn't sure but right now just wasn't the time. Not yet, at least.

Arekk

——————————————————————
[member="Jorge"] ~ [member="Lirka Ka"] ~ [member="Naria Vi'dreya"]
"You've got something else going on here, J. It's a good operation."

The strong taste of his drink made him grimace as it traveled down his throat, a cancer stick ceremoniously followed after sipping while engaging Jorge in conversation. Everything about the Spacers' Club was enjoyable ranging from the musicians playing soothing tunes to create a magnificent ambient to the drinks being served and last but not least the good company being offered.

Seeing old faces wasn't something that Ar'ekk appreciated much given some past occurances but today that was an exception as rare as such thing could be.

"Miss, good to see you again." He raised his glass at Lirka and drank once more, making a funny face given that it was a very strong beverage. "Looks like everyone has decided to meet here."

Jorge was getting involved with the Confederacy of Independent Systems which was certainly something Ar'ekk had done personally, although it lasted only a week before he decided to go on the path of the lonewolf again as he always did, but that didn't yield too many (if any at all) positive results. He had big hopes on the young man given his potential and good skills to aspire for something greater.

"Let me suggest you something, big J. You're better off working by yourself, like me, because that way you can be your own boss. Nobody will bother you."

——————————————————————

“I ain’t much of a miss.”

Lirka always laughed at those titles, if not outwardly denying them: she did both this time. She was Lirka, she wasn’t miss, Mrs, or whatever other stupid nonsense they threw at her. She had Pit titles and nothing else, and she liked it that way.

But the Sephi returned to her drinking, seemed to not regard her too much. Though when spa man made the mention about running it like a lone wolf, she just had to get something in. And sadly, it had nothing to do with her many decades running it alone.

“They pay for the booze and the medical bills! Sounds like a damn fine deal to me.”

And Lirka had many many of both of those.

@Arekk @Jorge

Objective:
~| Chit Chat
Wearing:
~| The Usual
Hey you:
~| [member="Arekk"] [member="Lirka Ka"] @Naria Vi'dreya

Jorge seconded Lirka's input saying, "Thanks for the words of wisdom, but you know that credits run the galaxy.."

Using his new ownership of the club as an an example, the smuggler lifted his hand, gesturing to the bartender to have him get the slicer another drink.

"I got to get to get creds somehow, and these people do pay well for my services."

​"Anyways, What do you do again?" He'd ask quizzically.

~~~
Towards the end of the song, the bass player came back to the stage. Though he wasn't alone, as he took up his bass once again, another musician stepped on stage adding a new instrument to the groups collection. A few minutes passed before the music started again.

The new musician took the lead, accompanied by the drummer, the two started to playing [X] the rest of the band adapted, and followed in short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom