Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting Closer

[member="Joza Perl"]

"Oh?" That was certainly interesting.

"Zeltron Hospitality?" The question wasn't a mocking one, though Jorg supposed that it might have been that way coming from someone else. He had visited Zeltros briefly when the Alliance had forced him on leave, that was where he and Joza had first met.

The trip hadn't really been all that pleasant for him at first, though mostly because Zeltros didn't fit him in the least. The only reason he had survived the trip at all had been Joza, though her company had been completely different than anything else offered on the planet. At least that was what Jorg thought anyway. He doubted that others found as much excitement in simplicity as he did. Most came to Zeltros for partying and fun, not a quiet evening eating ice cream.

"I'm sure it will be wildly successful." Again no hint of mocking or sarcasm. "You're a great hostess."

He offered her the most genuine smile that he could muster.

Joza beamed. “Oh, I know I am.”

In truth it was equal parts hosting flare and business acumen, skills she’d acquired over her years in the entertainment industry. “I started out as a dancer so I have a knack for feeling out what people like.”

Emphasis on the feel. Wouldn’t be too hard to guess that she wasn’t a ballet dancer.

“You’ll have to come visit. I plan to have a line of luxury hotels, but something more affordable for the Outer Rim.” Affordable and a safe haven for members of the coalition and their…cargo.

She walked quietly over to the couch and carefully picked up her sleeping toddler, adjusting Alan in her arms.

[member="Jorg"]

[member="Joza Perl"]

He smiled slightly, watching her quietly with Alan and nodding in agreement as she spoke of him visiting.

"I imagine I can make it out there." Nova didn't have a lot of work in the outer rim yet, but since things were probably going to pick up he imagined that he could scurry up some business. Normally his men just camped out, but a night or two in a fancy hotel wouldn't be too bad. Especially if it was with Joza.

That thought made him blush slightly, and also brought another thought to his mind.

He had been considering it for some time, almost since he'd left here the last time, though it had only been the vaguest of ideas. Jorg frowned for a moment, glancing up at Joza and Alan. He watched her in silence for a few seconds, then quietly cleared his throat. Unconsciously his feet shuffled for a moment, his eyes wandered, almost as if he were trying to look at anything else at all in the room. Eventually he caught Joza's eye as she scooped up Alan.

"I." He cleared his throat. "I sort of have another motive for visiting..."

It was clear that Jorg was slightly uncomfortable, though why was yet to be made clear. "I was uhh."

He bit his lip for a second.

"I was wondering if you'd let me take you to dinner some time..." He glanced at Alan for a second."When it's convenient of course."

Jorg would never want to get between Joza and time with her son.

Joza hefted the sleeping toddler in her arms, gently working the new toy from his tiny hand. Resting her chin softly on his head, she swayed back and forth as she raised her eyes to meet Jorg’s.

Nerves were apparent at first glance, hard to miss that even if you weren’t a Zeltron. She frowned for a moment before he relayed what his other motive was.

Then she smiled, surprise and amused.

“Dinner.” She repeated. “Are you asking me out on a date, Jorg?”

[member="Jorg"]

[member="Joza Perl"]

"I uhh." He felt his feet shuffle involuntarily, his eyes seemed to look around the room, his entire body shook, he felt his cheeks flush.

This wasn't something he had done in...well forever. There had only ever been one girl he'd asked out, and that had been more of a formality than anything else. His former betrothed had not been entirely his choice and she...she was long gone now. This was different. He hadn't known Joza that long, their families hadn't arranged this.

It was...more nerve wracking than battle.

After a moment more Jorg took a breath, looking up at Joza and finally firming his voice. "Yes."

Joza’s attention was divided between Jorg and Alan, so she hadn’t noticed the full extent of his nerves. But she still felt them.

She raised her head, looking at him inquisitively for a few moments as she took in his posture and the look on his face. He was serious.

“Alright.” She agreed. “I’ll go on a date with you, Jorg.”

Passed out in his mother’s arms, Alan started drooling.

[member="Jorg"]

[member="Joza Perl"]

Perhaps out of excitement, or shock, Jorg shot up immediately from where he had been sitting.

Part of him, actually all of him, had expected her to say no. It wasn't that he had no self esteem, it wasn't even that he had a lack of confidence, it was just that he simply thought Joza either wouldn't have time or interest in him. She was a beautiful, successful, and charming woman. He was just a soldier. Elation, joy and excitement that seemed almost child like floated across his feature for half a second before he managed to pull it back and gain some form of control.

"Great!" He said the word quietly, but with tinged with more than a little bit of enthusiasm.

The surprise still showed, but it was clear that he was at least pleased with her answer.

"I can plan everything." He told her. "You just have to let me know when you're free."

Jorg's smile practically beamed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom