Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Getting a drink

Locale: Eriadu
City: Phelnar

Chester Had landed on the planet some time ago and, now wandered aimlessly through the many back alleys and side streets. He kept his eyes moving from person to person and, building to building getting glimpses of things he'd no words to describe. Chester had overheard some people talking about this place at the last spaceport he'd visited, they'd mentioned pirates and smugglers. A good place to start considering his dwindling funds but, that could wait for now. For, he'd just found what he could Identify as a bar and had become quite thirsty on his walk.

Entering the rundown establishment Chester took a seat at one of the booths scanning pictures and patrons alike until, a waiter tapped him on the shoulder waiting to take his order. "Just a beer, for now." Chester responded with a startled smile and then watched the waiter until he was out of sight. After some time he began again circling the dusty booths with his eyes.

Wresto

W

Sitting at the bar Roi was sipping on a bottle of beer. His body made it hard to enjoy the simple pleasures in life. Such as drinking and eating. A small plate of his mechanical head had slid down where he could poke the bendy straw in his bottle into. Sure it looked a little silly, but he was gonna tell him that. Roi had just finished a simple gig. Acting as muscle for a transport. He didn't know what the transport was, he tended to not ask question. Possible a habit from his days as a Sector Ranger. It gave him plausible deniability. Not that it would matter much for criminals.

Behind the one-way screen of his faceplates Roi's eyes checked out the new comer to the bar. They seemed rather skittish. Almost nervous in how they made their order to the waiter, and how they checked out the other booths around the establishment. Strange but not really concerning.

Chester Mascon Chester Mascon

Locale: Eriadu
City: Phelnar

The waiter came back with his drink, snapping Chester out of another half daydream. And, after he walked off once again, his eyes went back to looking around the dimly lit bar. That was until, one of the customers had caught his attention. It looked like a droid with a featureless face save for a bump where its nose would be, wearing clothing and, drinking out of a straw? Chester chuckled to himself at his thought after taking a sip from his bottle. I don't think that's right... he pondered while his eyebrows began to furrow. If he were a droid why come in here at all let alone order a drink? Maybe someone likes meeting here and he's waiting for them?...

Chester's head kept making up new reasons as to why he was there and, while he did he'd forgotten that his eyes were still staring, barely blinking at the droid's head.

Roi Lutador

Wresto

W
Roi kept catching the guy looking over at him. Either they thought the sight of him was strange, or there was something else. Given his line of work Roi was a naturally paranoid individual. Not entirely sure if this guy was looking for trouble or not. His augmented mind raced to different conclusions. Was this just a guy that didn't understand that starring can be rude? Was he someone hired to look for him? Possibly an enforcer to a shady character he's has worked with in the past?

Nonetheless he wouldn't get answers sitting around at the bar. Finishing his bottle he set it on the bar with the appropriate amount of credits. After that he walked over with heavy feet to the booth they were sitting at. Looking down at them Roi spoke. "You got a problem or something? Or do we need to talk?" He sounded no nonsenses. His vocobulator spoke without the cold, dispassionate tones of a droid. Giving off a no nonsense sort of vibe.

Chester had realized he had been staring for quite some time when the man got up to settle his tab. However, he felt he couldn't break eye contact now, as they seemed to be approaching him. Once there, looking down at him, The man began to speak in a cold voice with metallic undertones. Now that he was closer Chester could just make out patches of what looked to be tannish skin just under his head. "Oh Geez, I'm sorry for staring." he began while scratching his chin "It's just I've never seen a droid drink beer before."

"Say, I don't want to be the reason you leave. Sit down, let me buy you a drink."
Chester spoke calmly gesturing with one hand to the seat opposite him, as he kept his eyes and grin focused on the man. Who or whatever they were, they seemed ready to confront him with out too much worry of a fight. Plus, with the lack of any identifying marks he could see, made Chester think the man might be a gun for hire. A fact if true, could lead to some money if he played this right.

Roi Lutador

Wresto

W
Looking down at them he wondered if they even really were an issue for him. Roi very well could've been making mountains out of a molehill as the saying goes. "Droid?" He repeated to himself before listening to the man invite him into his booth with him. They seemed to be more than accommodating, even offering to buy him another drink. Him and his neural processors thought for a second before he finally decided to sit across from the man.

“Well I suppose I can chat some, but no need to buy me any drinks. I just had one and I don’t need another.” This was partly because drinking and eating were considerably more work for him than with most others given his physiology. “Also I’m not a droid, just… really cybernetic I guess you could say.” Which was true, at this point he really was more machine than man, and most of his skin was synthetic.

Things were going as well as Chester had hoped. He'd almost began preparing for a sock to the face when the man had walked over. So, when he'd sat down and began to chat, he let out a small sigh of relief that he tried hiding by drinking from his bottle. As he talked Chester kept his eyes slowly scanning the man, partly to try and find any weapons on him and, partly to see if he could find a better place to stare than the blank face plate. Both efforts were fruitless.

Chester had thought it was kind of him to stay and chat, as well as decline on his offer of free booze. "Cybernetic…" He said to himself in a half questioning tone, as if he were making a mental note. "Well, my mistake. So, I hope you don't mind me asking but, well, what brings you to Eriadu mr....?" he trailed off pretending to search his mind for the man's name, hoping he'd fill in the blank Chester had left for him.

Roi Lutador

Wresto

W
"Roi... call me Roi. And to answer your question I just got done do some security work for a transport ship to this place. I'm just chilling now that it's done." He replied to the man before him. Still seeing him starring at his featureless head. "Eh, and my head, yeah it might just be temporary. Been thinking of getting it replaced, doing something like getting a human replica droid head hollowed out for me." Roi explained to them, seeing if they understood that having a head like his wasn't really his first choice.

Leaning back against his seat at the booth he hoped that the man before him didn't feel to uneasy now that Roi didn't really see him as an issue. "What about you, what brings you to Eiradu, unless you live here of course, Mr....?" he asked, functionally repeating what the man had asked of him.

(Changing up the avatar and playby soon so he might not have a dome head for long)

Last edited by a moderator:
Chester chuckled at Roi as he returned his questions. "The name's Chester or Mr. Mascon if you prefer. And, no I don't live here Mr. Roi. I actually, came to look for some work..." He made it obvious that he was looking for anyone that might be listening then, leaned in close towards Roi and half whispered "Of the less reputable kind if you catch my basic." Then quickly sat back, and as he continued began to laugh at himself "But, Im what you could call a bit... uninformed. So, I'm havin' a hell of a time trying to find where to start. "

"Though I'm sure I'm boring you, Mr. Roi." Chester said while moving his hand as if he were trying to wave his previous statement out of the way. I mean, you look like you've seen far more interesting things than me. he pointed a hand over at Roi while feigning the awe in his voice. "For example, that transport you mentioned. I bet that was quite a story." Chester sat forward slightly while taking another drink of beer. He'd done this in an attempt to gain more information.

(don't worry about it, the new avatars I saw looked neat)

Roi Lutador

Wresto

W
"Well if I'm being honest the transport wasn't a big deal at all. We didn't run into any trouble. Really just went from point A to point B. Which is how a lot of my jobs can go. But that doesn't mean that I haven't seen action. Even if it don't look it from first glance my cybernetics are optimized for combat. Not really for engineering or quality of life." He explained to them. Possibly giving Chester a bit of insight into his work on who he is.

"You see I guess I had a lot of years experience working on understanding how to find work. Even the less than reputable kind." Roi said the last part a little quietly, almost to mimic the man in front of him. "What's you're skill set? You more of a fighter, or more mercantile in mind set. You don't wanna end up with the wrong kind of job you can't complete. Especially a job with the wrong kind of people who don't accept failure." He explained to Chester, sharing some of his own wisdom on the matter at hand.

Chester took special note when Roi said that his cybernetics were combat based. It took him a second, till it clicked in his head that, the man in front of him was essentially a living weapon. In spite of this he tried to keep a small warm smile as he listened to the man. "Oh. That is a good point Mr. Roi." Chester replied pointing his finger in the man's direction. "Well, I don't like to brag but, I'm not too bad with a blaster." Chester stopped until he remembered something. "I did also, recently get a ship so, I suppose working as transport's always an option."

"But you've surprised me a bit, Mr. Roi."
Chester started up again after a taking a large swig. "I wouldn't expect you'd be apart of that line of work." He kept his head tilted in a confused manner as he had spoke. Truth was Chester didn't know what to expect, he'd hardly been outside his home let alone this sector. But he figured if he could make connections through Roi he might get a solid income.

Roi Lutador

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom