Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get back to reality

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
Finally, there was a sense of him getting the hang of this being in charge stuff. So as to not become the Technological Overlord and enslave the galaxy with droids, he had taken it upon himself to get away from the construction of war machines. Yes, the Confederacy had been looking for a few special vessels, and through the Techno Union, he had ensured that they were being created, but this was all distributed to the appropriate companies, and Haor Chall had begun work on a few new things, including the limited edition Slipstream Shuttle, which he absolutely loved.

All it needed was an aquatic capable hull upgrade, but that wasn’t here nor there, maybe Silk Holdings could help? Right, maybe.

The thing was, in order to prevent him from working on only war vessels and overworking himself, the Starchaser had found a support staff he could trust. That was something tricky, really. Marek had spent his entire life working to survive on his own, and reaching out to others was no easy feat. He was blaming the fact that he was now a part of the Templar, and he was learning to trust everyone around him. And pulling in Loxley and Aerin were two of the biggest helps he could get, not to mention a few others whose names were escaping him.

What he wanted now, was to find a team he could trust to help keep an eye on things for him. He wasn’t able to constantly follow up with every lead the galaxy provided to find what rival companies and rival governments were working on. He still needed to be ready, and he was hoping that the Techno Union and Confederacy as a whole were working to prevent the need for reactive actions, and taking the forefront in securing their borders.

He knew that his thoughts on the weaponry and equipment rolling off the assembly lines from the companies in the Union were up to what he felt would protect the Confederate worlds against nearly any threat. But the looming threat was out there. And in order to ease his mind he was going to need to do some fact finding. Looking over the SpyNet, he had found a name he knew he recognized. Where did he recognize the name from? Corellia, most likely. But he knew there was something else. He shook his head, when he saw her he knew he would be able to place her.

Still, he sent @[member="Katara Starkos"] a message to meet him on Tatooine, still within the Confederacy but away from the capital world and Techno Union offices enough so that he could have a word with her. Bringing a team, is what he expected. He took a booth in a familiar cantina and ordered a Corellian Ale, two battle droids out front, a slugthrower on his him, and his datapad on the table.
@[member="Hunter Cain"] @James Mathison

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Mos Eisley, Tatooine

"Like I said… @[member="Marek Starchaser"]'s an old contact from my homeworld who is now with the Confederacy and the Techno Union. The guy's got a job for us, and if I know him well enough, he'll throw in some cool tech stuff to make it worth our while to take," Starkos said, flashing a lopsided grin over her shoulder at her two fellow Spynet operatives, @[member="Hunter Cain"] and @[member="James Mathison"].

Upon entering the cantina and taking note of the welcoming committee outside, Red's blue gaze spotted the dirty blonde Corellian waiting for them in a booth, seemingly ready to get down to business. It was lucky for him that the team wasn't too far away to keep him waiting very long. The long-legged redhead was dressed in her usual spacer attire for doing a meet like this in a place like this.

Katara flashed a smile that Marek was bound to remember as the last time it had been looking down on him dangerously, then slid into the booth across from the man. "Hello there, stranger. Long time no see. So… What'cha got for me and my boys," she inquired knowing full well that the comment would make Hunter and James bristle… or maybe the opposite.

Hunter walked alongside @[member="James Mathison "]as they both followed behind @[member="Katara Starkos"]. The red haired operative had requested James' and Hunter's help on a mission. Hunter was more than willing to offer his assistance, he need to stretch his legs after being cooped up on base for so long.
Hunter had yet to work with either operative, but their skills had to be exceptional to have been selected by the organization that they all worked for.

Hunter wore a simple shirt and cargo pants with boots and his signature black leather jacket. He had his blaster concealed in a shoulder holster under his jacket. Over his left shoulder was slung his backpack packed with all of the essentials.
@[member="Marek Starchaser"]

He entered the cantina behind Katara and immediately scanned the room. He didn't know what the contact looked like, he left that to Katara. He was more interested in potential threats. None presented themselves, so He followed his fellow operatives to the back of the cantina where Katara took a seat across from a sandy haired man. Hunter stayed took a seat next to his red-haired comrade and quickly gave their contact a once over. He left the talking to Katara. He showed no expression at her quip of James and he being boys.

James followed suit as @[member="Hunter Cain"] and @[member="Katara Starkos"] walked into the cantina. Followed by his ferocious female feline Felicia. The black and grey tabby made no sound as she followed her master. If anyone had any knowledge of feline psychology, they might note that even so low to the ground, she walked as though everyone was beneath her.

James wore his standard white cloak, red sash, and white plated armor. The abundance of vibroblades on his person would suggest an affinity for bladed combat and his deep eyes suggested he was 'sensing' everyone one in the room without looking at anyone. A flick of his wrist and Felicia bound up a chair and off another patron to rest on James' shoulder. James nodded his head ever so slightly when Katara mentioned him to their employer. His face expressionless yet friendly at the same time gave off a strange aura to the other patrons. As if at any moment he would bust out and drink then in an instant, watch the death of a thousand men without so much as a twitch.

(Felicia-Pink)
(James-Orange)

Corey's OOC

The big trick was, did he arm this group before they went? He figured no, as it’d be a way for them to be tracked back to the Confederacy. He really needed to start making Haor Chall produce some open market weaponry. Until then, he’d see what he could work this group into. This was really the strange balance he was working on, making it so he could do some things, and not get the flak if it went wrong. Giving Kataro the necessary once (and twice) over, he smiled at her. Right, business time.

There was the necessary nods to her two men. It wasn’t that strange for more than one operative to come up, but Marek got a little uneasy working with a variety of people. Of course, he was here, on a bar in Tatooine, and really, there would hopefully be some of Danger’s men watching the whole interaction, even if just to cover him. Plus, well, Marek was going to be remembering them all. And logging their names. The one surprise was that presence he could sense.

It was pushing out at him, and that was the main reason Marek even noticed it was there. Kat was working with a Force user? Maybe that was the reason why there were felinae accompanying the man. Still, he’d let that go off. “Can’t come see me on your own, Starkos? Need a whole entourage?” Marek grinned. How long had it been since they ran into one another? Probably too long. Besides pushing buttons that can take a hit to someone's pride was a good way to try to get someone's real feelings out. Rule number one with new operatives.

“Here, lets get a round, and then we’ll discuss business. What’ll it be, darlin’? Gents?” He nodded at each in turn, he’d get to names after, he assumed.

@[member="James Mathison "]@[member="Hunter Cain"] @[member="Katara Starkos"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
"I just thought more the merrier," Red retorted with a lopsided grin on her face. "A spiced caf would be nice if you have it," she added, then leaned forward on the table with her elbows, lofting a reddish-brown eyebrow at @[member="Marek Starchaser"].

"So… My associates, @[member="Hunter Cain"] and @[member="James Mathison"], and I are anxious to know what you're offering? Do tell us as time is money is knowledge in our business."

Hunter held up his hand and shook his head to indicate that he didn't want anything to drink, he was more interested in the mission. The faster they could get through the pleasantries and the small talk, the better.

He was glad that his red haired counterpart, the mouthpiece of their little clandestine trio, was getting straight to the point. That's how he preferred things, straight to the point.
@[member="Katara Starkos"] @[member="Marek Starchaser"] @James Mathison

"A shot of your best"

James waited for his drink as Katara spoke. When his drink arrived he took a good swig but left a little in the bottom and set it in front of himself on the table. Felicia dropped to his lap and finished the shot glass with a little shiver after she's finished. The warm sensation that now filled their stomachs made them feel calm and relaxed as the awaited the details.

@[member="Hunter Cain"]@[member="Katara Starkos"]@[member="Marek Starchaser"]

Corey's OOC

It was definitely tricky, dealing with more than one person. He wasn’t so sure how he felt about it, but, whatever. He knew @Kataro Starkos by her reputation, and homeworld rumors, so that was good enough for him. Besides, betraying another Corellisi? Not the most smart move. Nodding to the waitress that was hovering, he let her scamper off to provide the drinks for the group.

“Well, offering can be discussed. What I need is simple fact finding. Obviously, I have rivals, even if they don’t know it yet, in the technology world. I need to know what they’re doing around the galaxy. Any information you can get for me, I’d appreciate it. And the more you get, the more I can provide you for recompense. Just… don’t go startin’ no galactic war, yeah?” He looked over at @[member="James Mathison "]and @[member="Hunter Cain"] before looking back at Kat.

Hunter listened as the man spoke. His request wasn't out of the ordinary. In fact, it sounded like the run of the mill intel operation.
He looked at his comrades and then spoke up for the first time.
"We don't start wars, we just report on what is already there"
@[member="Marek Starchaser"] @James Mathison @[member="Katara Starkos"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
The whole time Kat was sitting there her comlink kept vibrating. It meant there was a priority message waiting for her. The redhead listened thoughtfully to what her old Corellian buddy had to say while sipping on her spiced caf. Not bad, though not great either as there was quite a bitter aftertaste.

"Tell you what. @[member="Marek Starchaser"], how about you let my associates in on exactly who you want to be marked for info while I use the ladies room," Katara said flashing one of her sweet smiles at the sandy blonde, then slipped out of the booth nodding to @[member="Hunter Cain"] and @[member="James Mathison"] as she did leaving them to close the deal.

((OCC: Muse is not cooperating… Go ahead and continue.))

Like she said, What exactly are you going to have us do? Don't forget the important details

James sat stroking Felicia who looked pleased to have such attention from her master.

(OOC:it's alright, we'll do what we can Kat)

[member="Katara Starkos"] [member="Hunter Cain"] [member="Marek Starchaser"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom