Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

George looks at the Rise of Skywalker trailer?

Let me say this really quick before anyone shoots me...or anyone else. Being a film maker, is like being placed as a president. It is ALL on you to make it work.

I grew up watching as during the prequel era, my first movie still being A New Hope Special Edition on VHS...then saw a 35mm cut from my friends father whom worked at a local theater while in grade school, basically a second printing of the movie which blew my mind more than the VHS cut. I watched it all out of order to...

New Hope, Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith, Empire Strikes Back, Phantom Menace, and lastly Return of the Jedi. Naturally for each one, it was spoiled to me, at least the first set of movies so I knew what I was getting into though the feeling of watching each movie out of sync, gave me a more lasting experience.

If I as a vocal fan had to speak, I need to say that the film I looked forward to the most, was The Phantom Menace which I did not see for years until a DvD collection came out and I could afford it. Before that, I had the games such as Pod Racer, Battle for Naboo (Basically Rogue Squadron but Prequel style), Jedi Masters (PS1, kindof bad) to get me ready for what I was about to feel and get ready to. It is somewhat safe to say for me that the Battle for Naboo is what held my standards high, it was an extremely good game and also back then, Nascar was hot, hence why the Pod Racing. Dale Jr and Jeff Gordon were actually my heros, much like as I laughed at the guy who could not start or Anakin racing as the underdog.

After seeing it, I was neither for, nor against it. I actually enjoyed the film and talked about it with my friends over the good parts. Sure Jar Jar can be a tad annoying but after seeing him in the other two movies, it felt full circle when you consider his role in the grander scheme of things. Liam Neison as a Jedi Master will never be let down and I got to see a verison with a digitized Yoda instead of the puppet which probably swayed into my favor quicker. So yes, I enjoyed it, bite me.

As for Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith, I got to see these in theaters. The excitement in the theater when Attack of the Clones opened up was insane to say the least. There were laughs, some cringing which you can guess where and also the screams of YEAH when siesmic charges went off, the speakers SHAKING the entire room to give you an experience unlike any other. Even the scene with Mace Windu going badass and realizing there be a giant Jedi mashup fight, you knew it was going to get everyone excited to watch. Hell, you should have heard the moment Yoda turned on his lightsaber, that was the light switch that went from "Mhrmm okay" to "OH SHIT!" I will make it short as I can when saying this. Yes, the movie is not that great, even George Lucas says so but it holds a place in my heart as my first Star Wars movie I got to see in theaters and delivered an experience unlike any other.

Revenge of the Sith is probably the step up for adults. This movie was...to say the least, suspenseful. The crowd was quiet throughout the movie and it was more of entrancement than anything, it was a story told unlike any other seen since. This is somewhat where I made up my mind that I wanted to do more Dark Side characters after the movie, even when a bit younger when a Jedi means a lot more. Books took it up afterwards but while I do not speak about this one as much, it is just that kind of impact knowing the ending which...bears to repeat this sadly.

We all knew how the prequel was going to end, no matter what. One of my pet peeves is that if you know the ending to the book, why bother reading it. That is somewhat the problem with the prequel trilogy, we know Anakin becomes Darth Vader and becomes evil. All it got us to hook on was how did it occur, what was it like back then and was there any chance to show another way. It did somewhat that but sadly, it did not catch on which can be told to acting or bad directing which take your pick.

But I will mention this one last time and be done with it. Criticizing someones film that is attached to such a beloved franchise, being the sole director mainly is going to hurt. Now imagine hearing it for almost a decade before breaking down and calling it quits, it has to hurt to lose something you worked so hard on. Imagine if any of your characters was shot to near death for what they try to accomplish, knowing you have to rewrite and make them more interesting, that sometimes the evolution of the character is more important to the story line, as much as the people loving who they are already. That is where George is, one of the few directors who made some of the best ideas in the film industry, looking from the sidelines after basically sighing and giving up because he could not handle it no more.

I am not hear to make an argument over this, I just wanted to state what I thought and nothing more. I am not here for a fight, not here to cause drama, I was just here to show one thing. My appreciation of the man who started it all. To Mr. Lucas, thank you for making me a fan and thank you, for making the movies the way you wanted to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom