Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Generic Introduction

Hello, SWRP: Chaos.

I've had my eye on this place for a while and for whatever reason i've decided that the only site around with more than five active members (>_>) is worth joining. Though I also love the look and feel here, as well as the...freeform...nature. So.

I'm looking forward to playing here, and if anyone reads this who is in the habit of spamming new people's inboxes with faction recruitment messages, etc, feel free as at the moment i'm not sure what character i'm making first.

:ph34r:

Catherine Romanov

C
Yes, meet Chris aka Ven and her army of Characters. She has more characters then Prada has shoes.

[member="Vhrendai Embersky"]

Catherine Romanov

C

Oh where I'm from Chris is short for Christopher. Shouldn't yours be Kris then. Sorry.

Nice to meet both of you then!

Question one, then, I suppose...what gets the most activity? I'm browsing boards but can't find a timeline so is there any major stuff going on right now that would be good to jump in with?

Catherine Romanov

C
[member="Jarrow"]

You can find the timeline at the top of the site, beside the rules tab under holonet-timeline.

[member="Jarrow"]
Is that... Sokka?...
*preemptive fangirling*

There's nothing to major going on at the moment (we sometimes do mini-events).
If you're on browser, there should be a tab called "HOLONET" up on the top, a little to the right of the middle. Hovering over that will give you a few options for different things. One of them is a short timeline that gives you the gist of our clean-slate style history. There have been a few big things since then, but you'd have to ask around the different factions to know all of what's gone on. Right now the One Sith (our main Imperial/Dark Side faction) is stirring trouble with the Republic. There are also hundreds of smaller plots going on.
We've got space for pretty much anything! :)

[member="Catherine Maxwell"]
Most people were spelling it Chris, so I just kind of went with it.
*shrugs*
I used to spell it Kris though. There's actually a kind of funny story behind that nickname...
But only kind of.

Yes, yes it is.

I'm thinking of something generic to start off with, maybe a gun for hire, etc, just kind of pondering how to get involved. I guess something 'normal' might be easier to involve in things.

Are factions active as a rule? If I made a Republic character, would that give the chance for a lot of interaction or is that kind of sparse?

I'll run out of questions.

Eventually.

[member="Jarrow"]
Guns for hire are quite fun to write~~~
(This character, which is my newest, is one of those)

Factions are generally quite active. Some are more-so than others. I know that right now the One Sith, the Republic, and the Mandalorians are very, very active. Of course it's the holiday season so some people are posting a little slower than normal. Things will speed back up a little in a few weeks once we've all woken up from our food-comas :D

No matter where you go, Faction or no Faction, there will be tons of opportunities to write with all sorts of people and characters. Being in a faction just gives you a little boost when you start out. Kind of... an instant friend package.

Catherine Romanov

C
[member="Jarrow"]

You can make a sub account, which would label it as character instead of writer.

In your main account's profile, click the character button, and click add sub account. There you can make a character specific account.

Vhrendai Embersky said:
[member="Jarrow"]
Is that... Sokka?...
*preemptive fangirling*

There's nothing to major going on at the moment (we sometimes do mini-events).
If you're on browser, there should be a tab called "HOLONET" up on the top, a little to the right of the middle. Hovering over that will give you a few options for different things. One of them is a short timeline that gives you the gist of our clean-slate style history. There have been a few big things since then, but you'd have to ask around the different factions to know all of what's gone on. Right now the One Sith (our main Imperial/Dark Side faction) is stirring trouble with the Republic. There are also hundreds of smaller plots going on.
We've got space for pretty much anything! :)

[member="Catherine Maxwell"]
Most people were spelling it Chris, so I just kind of went with it.
*shrugs*
I used to spell it Kris though. There's actually a kind of funny story behind that nickname...
But only kind of.
You mean aside from the war?

[member="Jarrow"]
Some people have an OCC/OOC account that is generally their writer account. This account happens to be my writer account, as well as my only active character, so it isn't a requirement. You don't really need one anyways.

[member="Silara Vantai"]
There's been a few wars, and technically I think there's a war going on right now?... I don't even know, man. A lot happened while I was on LOA for... four, five months? It was a while.
But we've been lacking some real big war battle stuff as far as I can tell for a little bit. Some things have started to come up more recently though. Once we get past the holidays I believe there will be quite a few things happening...

There have been three skirmishes and two invasions since september. The One Sith is at war with the Republic, Mandalorians, Omega Protectorate, and the Silver Jedi (I presume, at least).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom