Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Loose Ends

Death... it wasn't quite what she had expected. When the young woman blacked out, the great Song that was the Force had faded away and she found respite from her bodily pain in what was supposed to be perfect, endless oblivion. After an age that lasted but and instant, however, she began to perceived something at the edge of her apparently restored senses. A voice. It was a woman's voice, clipped and fearful. This had to be some kind of hallucination. She... who was she? There had been a name, but it wasn't there anymore. Not that it mattered, the name was gone, along with the one who'd held it. Now she was just dreaming into the end.

Before, though, she had read somewhere that in most species, brains near death would release a chemical that would cause hallucinations. That was the only way to explain the lack of a Song behind the voice. It was just imagination; A bioelectric glitch in the cells.
"I'm here with you, don't worry."

"Why would I worry? It's over now." She spoke, but her voice sounded far away, like a whisper at the other end of a corridor. Still no Song, still no feeling, but cold. Cold and wet, like lying in thin mud, and tightness. Tightness in her midriff, like a stomachache. There wasn't supposed to be discomfort, there wasn't supposed to be pain once she'd died. There wasn't any body left to hurt, was there? She thought back to when she'd first learnt of pain. A little girl had found a bug; a curious creature with a beautiful bright body and wings that worked so fast they couldn't be seen. A finger had gotten too close to the bug and it stung, leaving a bump and sharp stinging. Her parents cooed and hugged and kissed and after a little bandage and a sweet treat the pain had been forgotten. "We're here now, Sophii, don't worry."

Then, all at once, everything came back. Eyelids flew open and lungs sucked air like a hole in a ship's hull. The gasp was loud, and strong enough to make her body lurch as she regained consciousness. The movement tore her wound as muscles pulled themselves apart just enough to elicit a sharp cry. She tried to curl up but moaned loudly since it only hurt worse. There was someone there, a face she knew but it was hard to think. She gripped the woman's hands and sobbed "Mum? I'm sorry, mum, I didn't mean it! I couldn't stop it! I... I couldn't..."

The sound of the Grand Master's voice snapped the young woman out of the daze she'd fallen into upon seeing her friend. She hadn't known what she expected when she had entered the room, but it certainly wasn't this. Her friend lying there on the floor in an ever-expanding pool of blood. The Padawan had paused, stopping in the doorway, the breath catching in her throat. It couldn't be...there was no way this was happening. Not in the middle of the temple. The heart of the Silver Jedi's power and supposedly the safest place for the Padawans in the galaxy. Sure, the planet might be attacked, but that was a huge undertaking, this was a single shot in the night. All thought seemed to evaporate from her mind as she just stood there staring at the Zabrak. She might have stayed there all night if it hadn't been for the calm voice of the Grand Master, taking command of the situation. Asaraa just nodded, swivelling on one foot as the dashed from the room, almost bouncing off the walls as she ran as if the dark lord of the sith himself were chasing her down.

The poor healers in the infirmary didn't know what to make of it, of the wild-eyed Padawan that burst through there doors, out of breath and unable to form complete sentences. She babbled at them before physically dragging them from the room, explaining breathlessly as she hurried them on back towards the chambers, pausing one again in teh door, hands on the doorframe as she stared inside, unwilling to speak or breath lest she disturb those working in the room.

[member="Valae Kitra"] | [member="Zavii"] | [member="Kei Raxis"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom