Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Gauging Depths ~ A Hopeful Meeting

T h e D e s e r t R o s e

Outfit: Jedi Robes
Tag: Kat Decoria Kat Decoria

It was a hopeful day for Anneliese for today, the Council had sent a summons to meet with a prospective Master — and it was all she could do to contain her excitement. Found early in the training rooms due to being unable to sleep, Anneliese slashed at the air with her training saber, practicing the two forms she had been given the basics on, a bead of sweat rolled down the young girls forehead. The shadows in the room playing tricks on her mind as sounds, smells and flashes of the battle that had occurred, flashed before her eyes as her form faltered, a shudder going through her body as Anne shook her head, gripping her saber tighter, trying to push past the fear as she flourished her saber, back flipping as she retook her stance, bowing to no one in particular she de-ignited her saber.

Moving over to a bench, she sat down taking a water bottle in hand and poured water over the back of her neck as she stared blankly at the ground. There was a wound, not one you could see physically, but one on the inside that ate away day and night at the young girl. Her former Master, having spent sometime developing a bond between them had up and left, for which she’d no answers for. After the battle she had partaken in, there was blood on her hands, and an anger that gnawed in the back off her very soul — and between the two, there was mourning, grief that she couldn’t understand how to process.

Lifting her head up, her eyes slight glossed over, she moved strands of her hair that had gotten in her line of vision. Sighing, she lifted herself up and off the bench as she went to go shower so she’d be presentable for her meeting… it was soon and she wasn’t going to be late.

Coming out of the showers, Anneliese grabbed her gear, headed out the training room and left to go too the Grand Halls. Upon entering the massive concourse, Anneliese found herself one of the stone benches that were empty and tucked in its own little nook. Setting her bag down, she began to fidget, butterflies in her stomach — and she anxiously awaited for the one she’d get to meet who might become her potential Master.

Attire: Jedi Outfit
Equipment: Lightsaber Pike
Tag: Anneliese Anneliese

Kat had spent her morning training to work up a sweat, honing her Echani combat styles. For the Jedi Knight, it was important for her to work hard at training her culture as well as maintaining her Jedi work as well. After she spent the first few hours of early light training, Kat showered and dressed ready for work. She spent a couple hours checking on her patients and ensuring that they hadn't suffered anything overnight. Luckily, she was having a smooth morning and when the alarm popped up to remind Kat that she was meeting a potential Padawan for herself. Turning the notification off, she placed her datapad back on her desk, grabbing her stimcaf and sipped the hot beverage.

Taking on a Padawan was a big step, Kat wasn't used to having a Padawan so she knew there would be lifestyle changes she would make. She also had to figure out what this Padawan was wanting and needing. Kat was determined to do a great job when given the opportunity.

Walking into the Grand Halls, Kat was still nursing her caf when she wandered into the room. Stretching her limbs and stifled a yawn. "Hey there!" Kat smirked widely as she walked over to the Padawan. "Jedi Knight Kat Decoria. Jedi Healer," holding her hand out while holding her caf in the other hand. "Guessing you must be Anneliese?" It made sense since this was the meeting spot and they were both here on time, at least Kat hoped so.

"Mind me asking a quick, big question?" Kat would wait for Anneliese to accept before asking, "what type of Jedi do you wish to be?"

Anneliese smiled warmly at the Jedi Master s she approached her, her energy level definitely seemed to match the young girls, Annneliese bowing as she addressed her question. “Yes ma’am, I am. I believe you must be Master Decoria…correct?”

The question presented was one she had be presented several times before, but she also understood the importance that it held, especially for this particular meeting. Thinking for a moment so that she could articulate her thoughts. “Well, I would like to be one that can hold their own in battle, but — I do feel I add value in terms to a support role. I am able to use battle meditation, but it still needs a lot of improvement. My species naturally can bond with other animals, which can come in handy— and I can heal fair to mid, but even then, still in need of improvement.” She stated in an as a matter of fact tone.

"Call me Kat, don't have to worry about being too formal." Kat mentioned with a smile on her lips, it was good to see how enthusiastic some Padawans got with the prospect of training. Kat gave a bow back, offering Anneliese the same respect she was demonstrating to Kat. "Glad to see that you made it on time, a good first impression. Definitely better than I was." Kat chuckled as she was never super reliable to be on time when she was a Padawan. Always too busy working as a mechanic and building her company to realise the time and arrive to her training sessions on time.

Nodding her head, "I'm Echani, so while my skills lean more into supportive roles of Force Healing and such, my skills in combat are one of the best." There was no brag in her tone, Kat was just stating a fact, she needed to be one of the best fighters that she could be because it was in her blood. It was the core of her people's culture. "Building skills in Battle Meditation and Force Healing, as well as other skills that will make you invaluable in combat." Kat reassured Anneliese.

"What skills in combat do you have currently? Where would you like to get with your fighting capabilities?" Kat asked, sipping her caf as she listened to the Padawan.

Anneliese listened to Kat as she talked about her heritage, noting the pride she had. Anneliese was proud of hers, no doubt, but at times she did feel much like an oddity — an outsider. There weren’t exactly an abundance of Gurlanins running around. Listening to her further, speaking specifically on building the skills to support others, she nodded. “I want to hone those skills — especially skills that could be used to help assist others that are more capable and in turn could help turn the tide of battle.”

Listening to her further speak on skills, and where she would like to be, Anneliese thought further on what she’d already experienced in battle — remembering what it felt like. “I had a Master, before I transferred to this enclave, he — disappeared and I was left without one. Prior to that, I was apart of a large force that helped to take part in a skirmish — it was there I encountered a Sith.” Her mouth got dry as she took a deep breath, the mention of the moment bringing stress on the young girl. But, recalling a conversation her and Valery Noble had earlier about being courageous when fear came up the Padawan pushed through and continued speaking. “I wasn’t ready, I’m lucky to be alive… but I still remember everything. I can’t tell you exactly what I need to work on Kat — but I know it all needs polished and refined. All I can tell you is I want to be ready for when a situation like that arises again, so I’m not a hindrance but rather a help — in both armed and unarmed combat.”

"Well, hopefully, over time you will become skilled enough that there will be few who could be better than you. Having combat training from an Echani battle master means that you will learn a lot about fighting few could know." She had been the best fighter of her family for years now, her skills were still ahead of Lily's, her niece, though she knew Lily was quickly working her way to overtaking. For now, Kat remained the battle master of her house and she was still very skilled in combat, in ways few would know or understand.

Nodding her head, "I jumped into wars very young myself. It always carries a burden, leaving scars that no one can see but you can feel." Kat mentioned with a sigh, "however, for now its best I assess your skills in combat. See what is working, what forms you know and where you skills lay. In terms of Force abilities, I will help you refine the basics, ensure you master those as well as developing skills in other areas, the abilities that call to you." Kat never forced a student down a path, the Force called to them, it was important to listen and guide them down that path.

"For now, what are the Lightsaber forms you know and which ones do you prefer using?" Kat had learnt nearly all of them to some level, however, even she focused on master a couple than attempting to master them all. For now at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom