Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Gambit

Tags: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania
Appearance:
x

Despite what her upbringing would suggest, Cin wasn’t particularly cosmopolitan.

Having been chained to the underbelly of Coruscant for the better half of a decade, interplanetary travel wasn’t so much a thought in her head as it was a pipedream. Even the stars sometimes felt like a stretch of the imagination from the smog-veiled lower-levels. Until they weren’t.

The culture-shock was perhaps to be expected, healthy even. But Cin still struggled to wrap her head around how casually the mission had been dished out. She’d been paired with another Padawan learner, Corazona Von something or the other, to safeguard an Alliance freighter delivering aid to a nearby system. It was a simple expedition; all they were truly responsible for was ensuring the goods got into the right hands- To prove they could operate outside the guiding hand of a Master.

She couldn’t help but grimace at the irony. There was no doubt she was suited for the job. After all she'd been dispatched on countless missions of the same vein, just less humanitarian and a touch more illegal.

Leaning against a crate with her arms crossed, the girl hung next to the transport as she awaited the arrival of her counterpart. Doing her best to clear her mind while keeping aware enough to sense anyone on the approach.

Last edited:
"Hello there!"

From partway across the hangar, Cin would see the form of a cheerful blonde approaching her with an exuberant wave.

Garbed in what could only be interpreted as a rich girl's version of what spacers wore (based on the holos, of course), Cora came to a stop near the crate and adjusted her brand new, very clean vest.

"You must be Cinjay, yes? I am Corazona von Ascania; however, you may call me Cora for short." With a beaming smile, she offered a slight bow in greeting, creasing at the waist. "It is a pleasure to meet you. We shall be working security detail for this vessel together, yes?"

Pausing, she took a step back to look over her new partner's outfit. Cora frowned in thought. "Oh, perhaps I should have worn darker colors as you have. That would make it easier to blend in, should we be accosted by hooligans."

It was her sincere hope that they would not be accosted by hooligans for the duration of this mission.

"You two!" One of the crewmates called from the transport's door. "Let's get a move on!"

As they made for the ramp, Cora straightened her vest again, tugging at the fabric as if it did not fit well on her form. "Have you been part of the Alliance for long, Cinjay?"

Cinjay Saito Cinjay Saito

394afeecfad77b5325224c33d5bf6420.jpg
Alliance Hangar, Coruscant
Appearance: x

The girl wasted no time making an impression, to which Cin couldn’t help but blink.

When it came to emotional intelligence Cin was the equivalent of a blunt object, but she made an honest attempt not to deflect Cora’s enthusiasm all in one breath. After all, a little zeal wasn’t likely to jeopardize the mission. She could put up with it. Hopefully.

Straightening to meet Cora more directly she dipped her head in place of a bow. Formalities felt like such a performance.

"It is a pleasure to meet you. We shall be working security detail for this vessel together, yes?"

“It would appear so.” The girl let a faint huff of amusement slip past her lips. She almost went to offer her own abbreviated name but stopped herself. There was no need to get overly friendly. She learned early on to erect barriers where she could. Cora however, didn’t seem to share that sentiment. Instead showing a healthy interest in Cin’s wardrobe.

The girl blinked once more.

Yeah, that wasn’t exactly a conscious decision on my part.” With a bit of injected humor she waved a hand in front of her face, an implication she was blind. “Though I appreciate the assumption I’d be that tactical.”

With that said, they were summoned to the transport. The brunette barely heard Cora’s question as she let her hand graze the doorway, lingering a moment in thought. She was really about to be airborne huh? After a noticeable pause, she seemed to acknowledge Cora. “Oh uh- maybe a couple weeks at this point. I’m pretty fresh.” Can’t say it’s been an easy adjustment. She bit back that last part. Vulnerability even to such a small and obvious degree did not come naturally.

“You?”

Last edited:
Cora's smile tilted into something more genuine at Cinjay's admission that she hadn't dressed with the intention of blending in.

"Sometimes things just fall into place." The blonde responded breezily.

With the last of the cargo was being secured and the pilot beginning a series of pre-flight checks, Cora meandered her way to the pair of seats that had been designated for the pair of Jedi bodyguards. Blue eye glanced at one of the crew mates as he stacked one crate atop another and went about securing the rigging. She'd picked up on a faint trickle of nerves; were they anxious being guarded by two Padawans?

This mission would take them edging out of Alliance territory, which was fairly low-stakes. With luck, the flight would pass by without incident.

Shifting her gaze to the brunette that lingered in the doorway, Cora smiled and tilted her head in understanding.

"Let's see, it's been about…six months now?" Mentally, she was counting it out. Six months away from the luxury of the Ascania estate, from her father's heavy hand, from her seven younger siblings. It had been bittersweet.

"How are you finding the temple?"

Now seated, Cora began fastening herself in place.

"I personally found the accommodations quite…charming when I'd first arrived. Much unlike the home I’m used to."

Charming being the polite way to say devoid of any luxury or opulence.

Appearance:
x
gwsgewagf.png

Her eyes flitted towards the row of crewmates, their apparent almost inexplicable anxiety nagging like a splinter in the back of her mind. Something clearly had them on edge, something the girl found frustratingly difficult to pinpoint.

Not entirely brushing it off, she gave Cora her split attention, dreading the notion of having to hold a conversation.

“Charming?” The girl raised a brow, something of a smirk itching the corners of her mouth. “I was going to say sterile, but to each their own.” Shrugging half-heartedly she slipped into her seat. The blonde had to be some brand of nobility. If not for her answer, her clipped accent was certainly an indicator. The exact kind of person she’d been all but trained to dislike.

“Where’s home for you then? Must be Inner-rim if it manages to put the Jedi to shame.” The girl kept a subtle edge of judgment from her voice, instead gesturing vaguely to the surrounding upper levels, "This is pretty much the pinnacle of sophistication to me. Can't say I'm well-versed."

With that the freighter lurched into motion, the hum of propellers rising in unison as they broke the atmosphere. Although she had no hope of seeing the horizon sprawled out before them, her gaze still drifted towards the cockpit window, oblivious to the cautious glance she received from the pilot.

Cora's head tilted to the side as she considered Cinjay's words. Sterile wasn't a descriptor that had come to mind, but the noble was used to a well-kept home. Exactly what place had she come from if hygiene is what she'd thought of first regarding the temple?

"I hail from Ukatis." Cora answered, fingers wrapped around the restraints that criss-crossed over her chest before offering more information. "It is a small world just outside of southern Alliance borders. Near Thyferra."

In her six months among the Jedi, she'd learned that not everyone knew of her homeworld. Cora had slowly gained perspective, discovering that Ukatis was simply a grain of sand on the great galactic beach. It was not strategically located, nor could it boast incredible militaristic or educational contributions to the galaxy, but it was her home.

"Nothing can quite compare to the ancient architecture of the Jedi Order, though."

It was more of a musing thought than an outright contribution to the conversation.

Cora followed Cinjay's line of sight to the cockpit window as they ascended well above the atmosphere of Coruscant and into the twinkling darkness of space. The sensation of being pressed back into their seats had eased into a familiar weightlessness.

"Where did you live before joining the Order?" Her tone was light but her words careful; Cora had learned that her fellow Padawans hailed from all walks of life. Some had come from established homes, others had survived on the streets of Denon or Coruscant before being discovered. Others had been inducted as babies, an origin that neither Cora nor Cinjay would share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom