Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallofree roams free

Ever since one [member="Cla'Mari Rha"] hired a law firm as of yet undisclosed to win back the ancient blueprints of the old shipyards that supplied GR-75s to the Rebel Alliance so that Gallofree Yards can be back in business, she sought means to expand the business. Using ramshackle construction to counter the Tofolk. But Charzon believed that we would not be seeing the end of it. That Gallofree Yards would end up building ships with a larger cross-section than the GR-75s. Ramshackle construction usually means that the maintenance requirements will be much higher. Nevertheless, both ladies knew that, without additional slipways, there was no possible way for Gallofree Yards to actually do much.

-------------------------------------

ATTN: Cla'Mari Rha

Your Highness, it has come to my attention that you may land any number of orders from the Kathol Outback, or other clients, there is simply no way to build ships in a timely manner without the proper slipways. If you had a drydock capable of extending and retracting in seconds, and that could move through hyperspace, while retaining all existing staff, you would be able to adjust to the needs for growth a lot more easily.

Charzon Loulan

[member="Cla'Mari Rha"]

As much as Cla'Mari hated to admit it that Ms [member="Charzon Loulan"] had a very good point. Building scrap freighters was a simple enough process since most of the parts need only be reattached in some fashion or another. The process of ship construction from the hull up was a completely different matter. The drydocks that Mr Charzon had posted to her were intriguing, however, a multi-million credit platform was still beyond her companies budget at this time. She had already "convinced" her husband to sell his other operations to help with the cash flow of Gallofree but it would still not be enough. Maybe there a compromise to be made, a bargain to be struck.

Lady Charzon Loulan,

Always a pleasure to converse with a fellow business woman. I agree your unique dry docks seem to be of the greatest quality and they are exceeding capable, but I do fear they are actually too capable for my needs. As such are you in a place to discuss possibly a modification of the Egroeg adjustable drydocks. Maybe a more utilitarian package with some of the bells and whistles left off for the sake of cost considerations? If not this option are you in a place to work out a lease deal, I have some capital to place down but I fear not enough to purchase one fully at this time.

Cla'Mari Rha

There was one way for Gallofree Yards to get their hands on that thing that she somehow overlooked: financing! Financing would be financially be the same as leasing, so long as the financing period is in effect, except that, in the end, she would still be owning the drydock. Charzon firmly believed that Gallofree would be better off in the long run if they used financing for purchasing an Egroeg or two rather than leasing. Most clients would opt not for financing but for other means of payment. Clan Kryze got their hands on 18 Egroegs in exchange of which nine of the arcologies that will be well-appreciated in solving Ringo Vinda's food supply problems. But never did she hear a client talk about removing features. The one thing that makes an Egroeg different from other drydocks would be the ability to extend or retract in seconds.

--------------------------------

ATTN: [member="Cla'Mari Rha"]

Financing is just what you need. For three years, APR is 3.4%, for five years, APR is 4.9% and for 10 years, APR is 6.8%. Payments are to be made every month or every week; once the selection is made, you may revert to the other mode at the cost of making the payment for the period so chosen. The payment for that period will be considered made at the time one changes the payment periods. Now, if you want to strip the hyperdrive, that would save you 1 million on the principal, but that's still something you should consider.

Charzon Loulan

--------------------------------

Financing and a discount option, now we were getting somewhere. With this drydock, Gallofree would finally be able to leave the junker business and expand into making the hulls for proper ships. Still, this only solved one of their problems but as was best in business, solve one problem at a time and keep moving forward.

Lady [member="Charzon Loulan"]

I believe both options would be preferred, we will be a stationary business so the need to move from system to system is a luxury we can't afford at this time. If this is acceptable, we would be interested in a five-year financing option, monthly term, with no hyperdrive. We can also put 1 million down to lower the monthly payments. If this is acceptable then shall we proceed with final purchase arrangements?

Cla'Mari Rha

That was fast for the financing team: once they're fed terms, the financing team just spits out monthly payment schedules for the Design Triumvirate to tack into a contract. They feel obligated to inform the client about how much the chosen financing terms will end up costing so that they can budget for it. Irresponsible clients with financing can cause lots of problems on all sides.

---------------------------

Lady Cla'Mari,

1M down payment, 5 years financing, no hyperdrive. Given the options, and the terms, the financing team estimates the monthly payments at 113k a month. Most of the equipment and personnel you already use to build junker ships is compatible with what is necessary to build ships from the keel up, so I assume the stock equipment is sufficient.

Attached is the contract draft.

Charzon Loulan

-------------------------

[member="Cla'Mari Rha"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom