Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Galactica 92.3 Presents: SplashBox Water Park Grand Opening

HLS

H
Objective: Have fun and give away cool stuff
Who Can Join: Anybody!

"Welcome everybody this is Holly Starstorm and I am broadcasting live for Glactica 92.3, the station that brings you todays greatest hits! I'm here at the grand opening of SplashBox Water Park, a new way to cool off in the summer heat! Today only the park is featuring 50% off coupons, free food, and an all new assortment of wet and wild rides! Stop by my booth, located by the Palms Oasis Bar and register to win our swingin summer sweepstakes! I'll be here all day taking requests and making the music come to you. Stay tuned to Galactica 92.3, the station that brings you today's greatest hits!"

Holly pushed a button on the panel in front of her and swung the microphone away from her face. Immediately a techno pop song started to play loudly and the crowed at the bar cheered. Holly pulled out her data pad to check her online requests and sat back in the chair. She'd ordered a drink a while ago. Where was that service person?

Hix Tribbul

H
Hix sat quietly at the bar, listening to the station before scrolling through the holo-net receiver and trying to find the title of the song he wanted. Wasn't a complicated or old one, just...been a minute. It wasn't often one got the pleasure of listening to music when a bloody, and hungry Rancor was breathing over head and trying sniff you out before you snatched it to bring it to another planet. The cigarra was tipped into the appropriate tray, his eyes wandering over the titles lazily as he listened to the woman speak over the air.

Sounded halfway like a kid. Then again, you wanted people to be excited about hearing a voice, who better than a happy go lucky young lady to get a blithering idjit with half a brain entranced to listen to the broadcast. A simple floral button up, khaki shorts and tough flip flops were all the mandalorian were wearing as he still scrolled through the list of names.

Feth there had been a lot of songs made.

Who let the Vornsk Out? What in blazes was that? I'm a Clone-girl? Yeesh, he had been out of the music scene for too long. Two more seconds of searching had the man sucking in a deep breath and copying the link before sending it over the holo-net service for requesting songs. The cigarra came back to his mouth as he took a drink and waited.

Holly Starstorm

• Haha
Reactions: HLS
Holly Starstorm

A water park on Spira was well a great place to be and she was looking at what to do in it. Allowing herself a rare moment of indulgence after the works they had been doing across Atrisia. So Spira was quite a beautiful place to visit and she stretched out her arms while walking around. The aurodium string designed almost monomolecular with crystal and gemstones from it and it was made to be deceptively strong where they could be intact. Her long hair flowing behind her to her ankles instead of up and she wasn't wearing the solari make up that gave her a pale complexion... instead her skin was lightly kissed by the sun and golden almost with her stomach on display as her defined muscles showed off the naval piercing that she had while she went to go and enter the contest.

HLS

H
Holly felt her data pad buzz and grabbed it. A request had been put through the holo line! She cued up the song on her panel and waited until the current selection was almost done to slide in the bump to the request.

“This one goes out to a mando friend soaking up some sun down here with Galactica 92.3. If our requester makes it to my booth in the next hour they’ve won free t-shirt!”

She switched off the mic and soon the area was buzzing with the classic Chain song. It was a decent listen and Holly found herself enjoying it.

She saw a woman coming to sign up for the sweepstakes and slid theholo pad over. As she did so she realizes she knew the woman. They had both been on “Looking for Love in Alderaan Places” a reality show.

“Hey! Long time no see! Can I sign you up for our sweepstakes?”

Hix Tribbul and Junko Ike Junko Ike

Hix Tribbul

H
The song started to play and he found himself tapping his foot with the song. What made him pause mid drink however was the announcement that he could win a free t-shirt. Something for nothing more than enjoying music?

Bout fethin right!

He slammed the ale, huffed in a large drag and pushed thr ember into the dish before sliding the credit chit over and paying for the drink. The slap of feet announced the large man approaching the booth as he made his way over. He blinked, staring for a long moment down at both women. He was fairly tall by himself, but next to the pair, he felt like some city destroying monster that breathed fire.

He showed a bit of patience for once, respecting the first come first serve idea as he watched the pair speak. The announcer seemed about the age he had guessed, but the other woman. It took him a long moment to place a guess. Early twenties maybe? Regardless, he waited patiently and beyond the first glance averted his gaze to beyond them, standing away and out of their arms reach.

Holly Starstorm Junko Ike Junko Ike

Holly Starstorm Hix Tribbul

Junko looked at Holly when she spoke and offered a grin to her and leaned forward a little. "Well yes and to catch up. Irather enjoyed our all to brief time together... you left me in such a lurch." She gave a frown for a moment but then smiled widely. "That dating show was interesting but I do wish you would come to Atrisia... we do want to try and get all of the changes and reformations shown. You could work with our historian and press... stay in one of the palaces and be shown around." She offered it to try and entice her for a chance to get a story.. they had been working to rebuild the world but also the commonwealth which had boasted at one point over two hundred worlds in trade and exchanges of culture.

HLS

H
Holly watched as the woman signed up for the sweepstakes. The talk turned to the show they had done. It hasn’t got the best ratings and so really hasn’t even made it out of season one, which was a shame since more people certainly needed love in the galaxy.

That is people who were not Holly. She had always been driven in her career and now the twenty one year old female was starting to gain recognition and was nowhere near ready to settle down. This meant the leaning in and slightly flirtatious mannerisms of her once co-judge were very uncomfortable for Holly. Sure she could be misreading the situation and she certainly hoped she was because Junko freaked her out a little bit.

“Here is my holo mail. You can send over the details and I’ll see if it looks promising. “

Who knows, maybe there was an expose on newly renovated mansions in Hollys future. Just because she didn’t want to date the woman didn’t mean Holly wouldn’t try to get the story!

The man was waiting patiently and finally Holly turned her eyes on him.

“Are you here for a free t-shirt? Or do you want to enter the sweepstakes?”

Behind her the booth equipment automatically went to commercial. The usual advertisements about low priced stimcaf and bacta patches that cured pesky migraines played as the droid rolled up with Hollys drink. Finally!

“Can I get you two anything? Galactica 92.3 loves to quench the thirst of all our listeners!”

Junko Ike Junko Ike Hix Tribbul

Hix Tribbul

H
When the woman turned to him, his brow rose in silent question as she spoke before he gave her an affirming nod.

"Yeah. The t-shirt, two x. I had the song." He pointed to the air and did a quick wave around at the sound around them. A droid approached, carrying a drink before she also offered a drink on the house. A small shrug had him giving her an order shortly after.

"Correllian Rum with three shots of tea if you would." He didn't come a whole lot closer to the pair, unsure if the leaning of one was making the other uncomfortable, or just misreading the whole scene before him. When you had to watch animals for subtle signs of aggression all day to keep from being a tasty snack, you got pretty decent at reading people.

Granted people were a whole different breed of animal and sometimes they were a scarier beast to tangle with.

Holly Starstorm Junko Ike Junko Ike

Junko gave a nod. "I will." She said it and looked at the man with a look on her face for a moment of question when she felt something she wasn't used to. The brief moment passed though and she went back to a controlled expression on her face while turning around letting the chevron activate on her arm to input the information. She looked at his distance and motioned he can come closer as she worked to make sure the information was being compiled. She listened to the drink and rum with tea made her sensibilities scream but she kept her face neutral and expressionless. Much like when listening to Shoma Ike Shoma Ike you needed to know how not to upset your younger brother and heir to the throne. She stood there letting the chevron wrap around her arm with a holographic display to input Holly's information.

Holly Starstorm Hix Tribbul

HLS

H
Holly handed the man his size from her stack of t-shirts. It had the water parks logo and the logo for the radio station as well.

A moment latter a droid came and got drinks for everyone.

“Have either of you tried any of the rides?”

Hix Tribbul Junko Ike Junko Ike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom