Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Galactic Gears: The Solarix Saga

wb1.png

TAGS:
Ko Vuto Ko Vuto
alexboarder.png
Lady Seraphine's gaze oscillated between Ko and Braze, her face unreadable. The tension in the room grew palpable, charged with the weight of years of silence and unanswered questions. After what felt like an eternity, she finally turned her focus squarely on her son.

"Braze," she began, her tone wavering slightly, betraying the strength she was trying to exude. "You must understand; it was a decision made in dire circumstances. Your father and I were... entangled in complexities. I thought you would be safer with the Jedi."

Braze's expression darkened, his anger evident. "Safer? You left me, Mother! While you were off building empires and playing at being a queen, I was left wondering if my parents ever loved me. Every day I faced the pitying glances of the others, the whispered talks about the boy whose parents left him."

Lady Seraphine's lips quivered, her plush lips struggling to find the words. "Every decision I made, it was for you. To give you a legacy, a future."

The young Jedi's voice rose, nearly shaking with fury. "Legacy? What legacy? A fleet of ships? An empire of lies? I didn't need any of that. I needed my parents! I needed my mother!"

She took a hesitant step forward, her lavish crimson attire rustling with the movement. The glint of her decadent jewels seemed dim in the wake of their emotional confrontation. "Braze, I... I hoped you'd see the bigger picture one day, the plans I had in motion for our family."

Braze's hands clenched into fists. "What about the smaller picture, Mother? The one where a young boy cried himself to sleep, yearning for the love of his parents?"

She tried to reach out to him, but Braze swiftly pulled back. "Don't," he spat, his voice cold. Once one of his fondest memories was of her touch but in this moment, he wanted nothing to do with her. He was overwhelmed with emotions.

Lady Seraphine looked at Ko, her almond-shaped eyes desperate for understanding. "Young Jedi, believe me when I say, the path I chose was filled with torment and sacrifice. But I did it for him."

Tags: Braze Braze

Z9U36lL.png
Ko certainly felt bad for Braze by this point. Recalling a previous discussion he’s had with Braze about how they’d had trouble sleeping with things like nightmares. He was starting to think his family has played a part in scarring the child. His mother continued to speak about legacy and the importance of what she did and was currently doing.

Neither of them really seemed to acknowledge what he’d said earlier. Which was fine with him. Ko couldn’t help but feel like he was third-wheeling hard right now between the two of them. Being the most impartial of the group he tried his best to take in what both of them were saying However, Ko was still firmly on the side of his friend. Lady Seraphine was still largely a stranger to him, and even to Braze from the sound of things.

Kel-Dor had never really been all that torn about his own family. Even after learning what little he has since being separated from them. Which was possibly due to his one cultural upbringing and why what had happened to them was to be expected.

Seeing Braze suddenly back away from his Mother’s reach, Ko shifted his body some, as if to stand partially between the Lady Seraphine and her son. Looking at her as she shifted her focus back to the older padawan. Listening to her words, and craving for someone to understand. Ko took in a deep breath before finally replying, still trying to be a responsible emotional anchor for Braze. “I do believe you Lady Seraphine, honestly.” Ko replied, he didn’t believe she was lying or that she was being dishonest with them here. But she was failing to understand where her son was coming from. She just shows up abruptly after years of absence and has made a very tall order. In the years away from Braze she seemed to have created the false hope that he’d be elated to see her again despite the very real betrayal Braze has felt in those years.

“I don’t doubt that you’re doing what you believed to be best for yourself, your legacy and Braze. But I also believe that you’re failing to understand how your son is feeling right now. I mean, I’m pretty taken aback by what’s going on right now. I couldn’t imagine how this could be for Braze right now.” He explained, hoping he was explaining things clearly enough for her. He’d like for Lady Seraphine to take a moment to not be clouded by her own bias and perspective. To see things more like him as an outsider looking in. Ko was currently trying to play the role more as a diplomat than anything else. Even if he felt like the mother standing before him should feel rather ashamed with herself, he didn’t think that would accomplish much. What he desired as a Jedi right now was a greater mutual understanding between everyone involved.

Maybe this was a display of Ko’s maturity. A younger version of himself might’ve already been on a violent counteroffensive against someone who was still their captor at the end of the day. But now he needed to be a Jedi, not a Kel-Dor.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Ko Vuto Ko Vuto
alexboarder.png

Lady Seraphine glanced from Braze, her eyes settling on Ko. A slow smile spread across her face, her gaze lingering just a tad longer than necessary, taking in the sight of the older padawan. "Ah, the Kel-Dor diplomat," she purred, her fingers lightly touching Ko's shoulder in a fleeting, soft caress that held a tender sentiment of affection.

"Braze," she began, turning her attention back to her son, her tone dripping with feigned concern, "I've always wanted what's best for you. My legacy, our legacy, is one that's been forged in the fires of challenges. It's not a simple path, and sometimes, it requires sacrifices." Her gaze softened, but the coldness in her eyes betrayed her true feelings. "You've grown so much, and yet you're still the naive little boy I remember, always seeking validation, always wanting to be seen. And here you are, running away, surrounding yourself with those who can't truly understand our journey, our purpose."

Looking back at Ko, her touch lingering once more, even leaning over to peck him on the cheek as she continued, "I appreciate your wisdom, young Jedi. Truly, it's rare to find someone so... impartial. You see things, perhaps more clearly than others." Her voice dropped to a conspiratorial whisper, "And you're right. I might have been away, but a mother's heart knows no boundaries. The universe can't stand between a mother and her child."

Lady Seraphine sighed dramatically. "But for now, I shall respect my son's wishes. Go," she said, gesturing grandly, "But remember, Braze, you're a part of something bigger. And one day, you'll realize that no one can stand in the way of a mother's love. Especially not when her child... well perhaps that is a conversation best left for when you're older." She paused, her eyes locking onto Braze's with a challenge. "And when that day comes, remember that your place is by my side."

Braze swallowed hard, his emotions a whirlwind. He couldn't trust her, but her words rang with an undeniable truth. She might let them go now, but she'd be back, and he needed to be ready.

Braze's gaze faltered only for a second under the weight of his mother's words. The cavernous gap of her absence echoed in his mind, drowning out the immediate surroundings. Without uttering a word, his stance rigid and defiant, Braze abruptly turned, his boots striking the ground with purpose. The sound resonated, each step amplifying the chasm that had grown between mother and son over the years.

He didn't look back. To do so would be to invite her into his mind once more, a space he had worked so hard to guard against manipulations. The memories that had been suppressed, the unopened letters that he had never received, the birthdays that came and went without a word – they all surged to the surface, threatening to drown him in their emotional undertow.

Once they got some distance from Lady Seraphine, Braze's pace began to slow, but the storm inside him raged on. The façade of composure he maintained was slowly cracking, each fissure revealing the raw hurt beneath.

Taking a shaky breath, Braze nodded, his voice strained, "Thank you, Ko. I just..." He paused, struggling to find words, "Why now? After all these years, why does she suddenly care? Let's go," he muttered, the urgency evident in his tone. "The faster we're away from here, the better."

Tags: Braze Braze

Z9U36lL.png
Her lingering gaze left Ko feeling a little unsettled. Not in a negative way, he just felt… off. Especially as she gently touched his shoulder. He also didn’t like how she was talking down to his friend. Making Braze out to be someone who always obnoxiously seeks attention. Feeling like such criticisms are quite untrue now. But then again she can only recall the boy she left, not the teen he was growing into now.

Then came her little kiss, the abrupt show of affection that complimented her lingering touch quickly seemed to disarm Ko a great deal, throwing him off with. His mind and heart are swirling now with mix emotions and signals. Listening to her surprisingly kind words as she complimented his wisdom and insight over the situation.

Even though Ko wouldn’t say he admired the woman, but he’d be lying if he said his heart didn’t melt a little just now. Ko was always a very self conscious individual when it came to this kind of stuff. So any show of affection towards him was uniquely potent on the mindful Kel-Dor. But he could be developing new crushes at the moment as he brought himself back into the situation at hand. Listening to her more serious words. Looking back into her eyes he nodded. “I wouldn’t expect anything less, Lady Seraphine. Many say there’s no force as powerful as a mother’s love. I can only hope such passion will be used for good.”

Ko once more listened to her address Braze and announced that they’re free to go. Did that mean he didn't do a good job at playing the role of diplomat? Being able to non-violently free himself and Braze from their captors here? Perhaps Ko was better at this stuff than he originally thought.

He watched as Braze began to storm out of the room. Ko looked back and forth between the younger padawan and their mother. Figuring that Braze had no desire now to give her any parting words. Not that he’d blame the young boy in the slightest. Ko already knew he was going to have his hands full once they got back to the temple explaining what had happened here.

For a final time Ko’s gaze shifted back to The Mother. He brought his clawed hands together in front of him and gave a respectful bow.
“It was a pleasure getting to make your acquaintance Lady Seraphine.” That wasn’t entirely true, but he could still appreciate getting to meet his friend’s mom. Plus he’d been keeping a cordial attitude since he’d gotten here, so he saw no reason to stop that now. “I do sincerely hope we can meet again. perhaps under less… tense circumstances.” With that he finally turned away from the regal woman to follow his friend back to the Solar Wing.

Walking along with Braze he listened to the pale boy’s words. “Don’t mention it. It wasn’t fair what you just went though. I don't know why she decided now would be her time to try and reconnect.” Perhaps she got to a point now in her empire building that she felt confident enough to finally reveal herself. “I just wish I was of some help here. But I agree, let’s get back to the temple.”

Last edited:

wb1.png

TAGS:
Ko Vuto Ko Vuto
alexboarder.png

Braze's lips curled into a faint smile at Ko's words. The torrent of emotions that had been raging inside him began to ebb, replaced by a sense of gratitude and connection. Through the Force, he could perceive the depth of Ko's empathy, as the older padawan reached out with both comfort and counsel.

"Thanks, Ko," Braze murmured, his voice tinged with both exhaustion and appreciation. "I don't know how I would've handled that without you."

Together, they made their way back to the sleek starfighter that awaited them. Each step Braze took was steadier than the last, knowing he had a trusted ally by his side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom