Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Campaign GA - BOTM Campaign | Predatory Shadows [Phase 1]

Tags: Dalton Crowder Shoma Ike Shoma Ike Vreemde Morteisen Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce

iu
Within the small, neat, committee chamber the artificial lights lining the edges of the room shown with a soft white light. None but Sssar currently sat, coiled, within the Chamber. A select group had been given invitation to this meeting. These were Senators that Sssar believe he could trust with the information he was about to impart on them. Now were times that any could be an enemy. With the events of the blockade around Byss still in motion, and with a rogue planetary executive acting in such a way to preform sedition against the Alliance, there was little Sssar would leave up to chance. Though some things could not be helped. Sssar would take a chance with two Senators he had no direct experience with in the past. They were unknown in that regard though Sssar's staff had assured him that they had a sterling reputation.

"Senator." sounded the voice of a protocol droid which entered the chamber with a bow "Your guests will be arriving shortly. Shall I lead them to you?" the droid queries "No, that won't be necesssssary. They know the location. You are dissssmisssssed." hissed the 30 foot long Filithar. His tone was firm though thankful. Sssar did not believe droids to be equal in all regards to organic life though he did believe them to be, at least in part, host to varied emotions and personalities. He did not want to alienate the droids that made his navigation of this planet possible.

Every guest had been given a brief invitation:

Honorable Senator,

Your presence is requested by Senator Sssar Taszzn of Eclipse, in committee chamber 5, at the time and date listed below. Staff and droids are not permitted and the strictest confidentiality is required. Please make room on your schedules for several hours. Dinner will be catered should the meeting extend into the evening.

The Senator looks forward to your arrival,
Eclipse Senate Office

Note: This thread is set to end in seven days, after which time a Phase 2 thread will be made. If you wish to join the thread you must be part of the Galactic Alliance or an ally, and ask in the faction discord. The 2nd Phase thread will be open to characters from the Brotherhood of the Maw.

Last edited:
Tags: Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn Shoma Ike Shoma Ike Vreemde Morteisen Dalton Crowder

Upon entering the conference room, Nimdok looked up and around, taking in the furniture, lighting, and decor. He wasn’t particularly concerned with appearances, a fact that was made apparent by the neat but inexpensive tweed suit he wore. It made him look very… professor-y, but in these circumstances, such was to his advantage.

He had received an invitation to such a confidential conference only because he had approached Sssar at the right time. The Fillithar happened to have recently gotten his scales on some intel about Brotherhood death cults, and as soon as he learned Nimdok’s reason for seeking him out, he had kindly made a place for him at the meeting.

Nimdok was therefore attending not as a Grandmaster of the Silver Jedi, but simply as a Shi’ido, intending to offer his individual assistance. His personal stake in this matter was his primary drive; he was eager to learn all that he could about the filth that had ravaged his homeworld and destroyed Csilla. Any information might prove useful in helping to stamp them out.

Seeing as Committee Chamber 5 was as yet empty, Nimdok found a seat and sat down to wait for the meeting to begin.

Vreemde Morteisen

V
0v7RlQs.png

Morteisen, Vreemde
CEO of Macharian Industries Corporation | Senator of Brentaal
Equipment:
Attire | Holo-Projector | Com-link | Datapad

Objective: Conversing
Tag(s): Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn , Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok , Dalton Crowder , Shoma Ike Shoma Ike , Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce

2xxMwEF.png

Vreemde was not sure yet about the invitation, but he followed suit. He was new at the Senate and its backdoor playgrounds, but he had made no secret of his opposition to some of the recent events which took place, most notably the crisis at Byss with an imperialist trying to make himself comfortable, those vigilantes trying to trial him and all spiced up by some actual dead people and a mob on the streets. If it wouldn´t be that nonsensical, it would be funny that such thing occurred in the Deep Core, nearby Coruscant.

The man slowly walked through the halls, speculating why he would have been invited to this meeting. He did not know the inviting Senator, but knew him as the Senator of Eclipse. His leather boots made a bit of sound as he walked through the hallways, looking on a datapad and reading latest information on the development in his company.

Morteisen actually got lost when he walked several minutes past the crossing where he should have turned right and got back immediatly, shaking his head about his foolishness with a slight smile. He would then step up to the chamber and enter as the door openend.

"Good evening."

Dalton Crowder

D
://Location: Committee Chambers, Coruscant, Galactic Alliance
://Current Tags: Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn | Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok | Vreemde Morteisen | Shoma Ike Shoma Ike | Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce
://Post: 1 - Entrance

Dalton Crowder checked the chronometer above the door to his office in the Senate building as the commlink on his wrist vibrated silently. He'd been years out of the military, and he still abhorred having an audible notification. He tapped the commlink so it opened the incoming channel from his secretary.

"Senator, you have the mee..." Forsythe Maylark began, his projected face appearing above the desk via the PAN link with his wrist-bound commlink.

"Yeah, time to go. Thank you for watching out for me. Go on and head home. I imagine the coming days are going to be long for all of us." He hated interrupting the man, Forsythe had earned his place in Dalton's inner circle, but Dalton also didn't want much mention of this meeting on open circuits. It may have just been a paranoid inkling, but with the current events in motion he didn't think he could be too careful. "I'll see you in the morning for coffee."

Forsythe nodded, his face grim, but yielding. Dalton cut the channel and stood, striding out of his office. He knew some politicians liked having hard heels on their shoes so they could effect a looming presence with the echoes the hallways of the Senate building gave almost everything, but Dalton walked with a quiet efficiency. His shoes made a modicum of noise, but no more than was necessary as he walked.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Dalton entered the Committee Chambers, his face a neutral mask he kept on when the situation was uncertain. His lips were upturned in a soft smile that did not quite reach his eyes. He noted the two people in the chambers already, offering each to them a nod and a quick flash of teeth in a deeper smile as a silent acknowledgement, as he walked up to the table.

"Good evening, both of you. I'm Dalton Crowder, Senator of Hosnian Prime." Not knowing these two by face, he went with a neutral introduction of himself and didn't yet offer to shake hands. His right hand shifted to rest on the back of a chair, while his left hand remained with thumb hooked at the edge of the pocket. A bad habit he had picked up when he was young and didn't know how to keep his hands from fidgeting.

WfwluKn.png

C O R U S C A N T
HRH Shoma of Atrisia, Junior Representative for Atrisia
Tags Out For Harambe: Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Vreemde Morteisen Dalton Crowder
[ obligatory k-pop ]
wsL0bBY.png
An invitation from the Fillithar senator of Eclipse was unexpected.

While officially part of the Concord party, Atrisia's history as the capital of the Galactic Empire and as a member world of the First Order tended to paint them as Imperials -- an accusation that was quite astute, though it didn't stop the Atrisians from making a modicum of effort at taking a more moderate approach to Alliance politics. This, combined with their recent inclusion in the Alliance had seemed to keep the Core World along the fringe of political camps on either end of the spectrum.

But, this suited Atrisia just fine. If the Atrisians excelled at anything, it was nuance.

At the same time, the invitation was fortuitous for the fact that there seemed a spectre of Alliance governance that needed to be addressed. The Chancellor had perhaps begun that when she'd had the intelligence services begin an inquest into the affairs of the Byss government. A matter now only further complicated by the blockade and the situation that continued to unfold there. Forging alliances between Atrisia and the other worlds would be critical to avoid any potential misunderstandings toward the former Imperial worlds.

As the Atrisian noble stepped into the senatorial chamber, he noted three men already present. Giving a slight bow toward each in turn, the young prince spoke in accented Basic. "Good evening," he offered, before straightening up and introducing himself.

"Shoma of Atrisia."

Tag: Dalton Crowder Vreemde Morteisen Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Shoma Ike Shoma Ike Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce Miona Anden Miona Anden

A door slid open with a faint hiss within the Committee room and out from it emerged the large, violet, head of Sssar Taszzn. His golden eyes looked to each of the gathered individuals. As he made his way to the table a seemingly endless tail followed behind, even as he began to coil up "Greetingsssss, thank you for coming to thissss meeting." his head looked to Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok "It issss good to ssssee you accepted the invitation." his attention then turned to the gathering in general "It issss good that you all have come. Though I notice Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce issss is misssssing. Interessssting. Perhapssss he issss losssst?" it was somewhat of a joke though there seemed to be equal parts suspicion in his tone.

"No matter." Sssar's 30 foot long body finally had coiled fully in large circles that dominated his section of space "I have invited each of you due to your reputationssss for confidentiality and dissstance from the ssssubject of thissss dissscussssion. With the mosssst recent eventsssss from Bysssss I feel it issss within the interesssst of my consssstituentssss to take matterssss a meassssure further." with an invisible signal the holoprojector at the center of the circular table lit up to display a variety of slowly turning humanoids, each model was replaced by another in sequence "Thesssse are memberssss of a cult under the direction of the Brotherhood of the Maw. I have been given reportssss from acrosssss many planetary governmentssss that they have been attempting to ssssubvert power sssstructures of the infessssted adminisssstrationssss. Thesssse cultissstssss are barbaric, death obsssessed, and murderoussss. Taking civilianssss for their profane ssssacrificessss. Normally thissss would be the job of the Federal Marsssshalssss." he paused then with his hiss fading to silence "Though I cannot be certain if they have been infiltrated in thesssse ssssectorssss or not. Therefore I have contacted an agent within the Alliance'ssss intelligence bureau to act on what we decide here thissss evening." Sssar looked to the Senators then to the others "I wissssh to make thesssse actionssss assss jusssst assss issss possssssible. Which issss why I am relying on each of you to conssssider the boundariesssss of thissss operation. I for one believe that the invesssstigation should target Byssss or, if possssible, infiltrate the borders of the Maw. Pleasssse, let me hear your thoughtssss." The gravity of what Sssar was asking them was indeed high. They were to help build the framework of a most likely illegal intelligence operation without the full knowledge of the SIA Directorate or a meeting of the proper Committee. From what Sssar had outlined, in short, these Death Cults were kidnapping Alliance citizens and sacrificing them. Were present on multiple planets, and had direct links to the BOTM. A subversive cult with an unknown reach and terroristic tendencies.

Last edited:

Dalton Crowder

D
://Current Tags: Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn | Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok | Vreemde Morteisen | Shoma Ike Shoma Ike | Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce
://Post: 2 - Discussion

When Sssar entered, Dalton offered a warm smile and a nod. He'd seen the Senator around here and there, though he'd never had more than a passing conversation.

As Sssar delved into the matter for discussion, Dalton's face closed off into his working mask. He brought his hands up to steeple in front of his face as he listened intently. He remained in that position for a few moments after Sssar finished, Dalton looking over the others assembled.

"Reports have crossed my desk concerning an increase in activity of cults that, if they aren't direct agents of the Maw then they copy many of the mannerisms of that grander cult." It was no secret that he was on the Intelligence and Defense committees, though there were also rules for what he could share. "I don't have specific metrics, but planetary militias have been showing an increased susceptibility to the cultists, with the GADF less so. I don't have any specific information about the Marshals, INTERSEC, or any infiltration into the SIA, but I wouldn't rule it out at all."

He sat forward, letting his eyes pass from one to the other of those in the room, finally landing on Sssar.

"I don't know how we would infiltrate the Maw, but if we could do so and learn anything about who may be operating in Alliance space on their behalf would allow us to strike at more than the lowest level cultists."

There was something in the way the Senator walked that inspired power.

Obscured from the forefront, the Senator from the ecumenopolis of Eufornis Major had longed been pushed aside by the media, and for the short amount of time she had been in office, her constuients. Governor Arturo, as wise and rather shrewd as he was, was an obstacle in the path forward for Senator Anden and she very much intended to remove herself from his shadow.

The Senate Guards standing outside the committee room saluted accordingly as she strode with perfect precision into the room with a look that would make a statue cry. "Apologies for my tardiness"

She reached her hand outward to shake each of the members hand one by one. "Senator for Eufornis Major, Miona Anden"

Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn | Dalton Crowder | Shoma Ike Shoma Ike | Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok | Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce

Tags: Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn Shoma Ike Shoma Ike Vreemde Morteisen Dalton Crowder Miona Anden Miona Anden

Nimdok stayed quiet until Sssar entered, giving the others only nods of acknowledgement as they passed regardless of how warm and friendly their own greetings were. He didn’t know any of them and wasn’t sure how to treat this meeting until he knew exactly what was going on.

All through the snake’s briefing, he remained silent, listening intently with his arms crossed over his chest. BOTM death cults had infiltrated various factions, most prominently the GA, of course. The GA had made themselves the primary antagonist of the Brotherhood.

Nimdok waited until after Senator Crowder had finished, then opened his mouth to speak—only to be interrupted before he could get a word in by the arrival of a blonde woman. Everything about her from her clothes to her walk to her haircut screamed not only politician, but ambition. Nimdok side-eyed her as she introduced herself as Miona Anden, the Senator for Eufornis Major, apologized for being late, and took a seat.

As you know, Senator Taszzn, I’ve come here on my own, not on Silver Jedi business,” Nimdok began once everything had settled down. “I’ve dealt with the Brotherhood up close, having spent time as their prisoner on Lao-mon.” He leaned back in his chair. “I have a personal interest in undermining and destroying them in any way possible. So I will keep my involvement on a strictly individual basis. That said, I know very little about the Galactic Alliance's internal affairs. But if you need unaffiliated spies and agents or other resources to aid you, I can provide.

Nimdok did not give one whit about the legality of what they were proposing. His homeworld was currently under the occupation of these brutes, and the major factions of the galaxy were busy either dealing with the Bryn’adul monster of the week or beating the dead horse of the Sith to a bloody pulp. He was tired, he was sick of it, he was almost bored with it all. If anything, this proposal offered a change of scenery for him, one that promised to be worth his time and his drive to crush the Brotherhood before they could become any more of a threat than they already posed. He welcomed it with open arms.

Tag: Dalton Crowder Miona Anden Miona Anden Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Shoma Ike Shoma Ike

Sssar's attention went to the late arriving Senator who introduced herself, as she nodded a greeting to Ssar (who doesn't have hands to shake), he listened to what Dalton had to say with interest "A ssssound expectation." he agreed with the sentiments the Senator shared as well as the intel he was speaking on. Sssar then looked to the Jedi Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok "The mosssst potent ressssource we could assssk for in thissss current endeavor is another agent on the field. One that can operate assss part of a greater team or on hissss own." he continued after a brief pause "I expect that you will be happy to meet with our agent and infilitrate the Maw personally?" he looked to the other two Senators "Asss I had sssstated before I wisssh to make our actionssss here assss lawful asss posssssssible, even if at the surface it may be sssseen otherwisssse." he began to unfurl enough to 'stand' taller "Therefore I table a motion to undertake the infilitration, invesssstigation, and curbing of influencessss sssstemming from the Brotherhood of the Maw in sssspecial relation to the Death Cult infesssstationssss. That no civilian elementssss unassssssssociated will be harmed, infrasssstructural damages on all ssssidessss are to be avoided, and at the conclusion of the operationssss thissss information will be returned to me. Lethal force issss authorized by thissss gathering." he looked to thosssse gathered there "Sssso that I may pressssent the findingssss to the wider Ssssenate. And on my Honor there will be no mention of any other'sssss involvement. The ressssponssssibility for the actionssss taken here, internally, and abroad will be mine alone." he waited for the other Senators to second his motion. He did not seem to expect Nimdok to vote, having only looked his way when mentioning the secrecy portions intended to shield the Grandmaster and other Senators.

Dalton Crowder

D
://Current Tags: Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn | Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok | Vreemde Morteisen | Shoma Ike Shoma Ike | Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce | Miona Anden Miona Anden
://Post: 2 - Discussion

Dalton took a moment to look around the room, not really gauging their reactions to make his own but to see what he could about them. He then raised his fingers and nodded at Sssar.

"I'll second that motion, though I am also not afraid to have my name on the action as well. You brought this to us, but I wholeheartedly agree that it is necessary."

Tags: Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn Shoma Ike Shoma Ike Vreemde Morteisen Dalton Crowder Miona Anden Miona Anden

"The mosssst potent ressssource we could assssk for in thissss current endeavor is another agent on the field. One that can operate assss part of a greater team or on hissss own."

Ah. They wanted him, specifically.

Nimdok had to admit, he was tempted to accept. More than tempted—he had felt regret over taking a position on the Council nearly from his first day on the job. A sense of duty and responsibility to finish what he had started was all that kept him from resigning. After all, he had wanted this position, had craved the respect afforded a leader of the Silver Jedi Order. It was an arrogant, selfish desire, he now realized too late.

Sssar didn’t expect him to vote, and Nimdok was sharply aware of how difficult it would be to balance both foes. To fight the Brotherhood, the enemy which he longed to destroy and remove from his homeworld, he would have to stop fighting the Bryn who threatened the faction he helped lead.

Ultimately, he was in too deep with the Silvers to pull out now, though he snarled and gnawed at the reins which held him. He remained silent as a vote was taken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom