Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future Dilema

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
By April, we should be completed the dom and the merge with SJO complete. The dom won't be starting until later in the month as other threads need to be finished first.

So...here's my dilema that I want to ask your imput:

-When Kay returns, should the Monarchy stay (Veiere is going to step down as King, so she'd be on her own)?

OR

-Should she take the place of the Elders and return Commenor to a democracy and advise the elected leader?

The House of Lords can still be there, so no change there.

I just want your imput before I decide.

Well I have a few questions.

1. Do you want Kay to return full time? She is your character and you have shelved her for good reason.

2. Is your muse recovering or do you forsee your muse fading quickly once she returns?

3. If Kay takes a back seat, who then would lead? What would their role be within SJO? Is there a change that would happen there?

Kay-Larr

[member="Silfe Sosuri"]

1. If she's needed, then she will be.

2. Muse was always there. Just not much to do for her lately.

3. There would be an election for President/Prime Minister. There is no role within SJO as they have no structured government or system for that. It's just everyone for themselves until there's a fight or something where they need assistance.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Lurker here, this is my worthless suggestion:

Create a synthesis of the two ideas, Commenor becomes a constitutional monarchy with an appointed Prime Minister serving as the head of its' government while Queen Arenais remains the head of state, giving her royal assent to any bills passed upto her by the legislature which I assume is the House of Lords in this case before it can become law.

Bam! You have a democratic state with a benevolent Monarch who exercises tangible political influence and lawful constitutional power :)

Kay-Larr

[member="Kyle Whir"]

Hello lurker :)

That is in a sense what it would be like if the second option is chosen. Only instead of the title of Queen, she'd just have the title of Elder. With no pressure for the kids to lead when she dies.

Of course your option could be considered as a third.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Yes, Veiere is stepping down from the leadership and politics of Commenor, to pursue the Jedi Path once more.

I'm not however stepping away from Commenor, both as a world or Faction.

On the subject of leadership, I'd personally like to see things go back to there being an Elder Council who work to inform and advice the elected Ruler/President. It was how things were done back before Kay turned to the Darkside of the Force, and for IC reasons that is why I have a preference here.

The House of Lords are all well and good, though we may need to elect new ones as the last I heard, we seem to have misplaced a couple of them due to their lack of interest and further involvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom