Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To sub something that will be apart of a future sub. I was going to explain it there, however it felt appropriate to give it a separate mention.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: Fusion - E211
  • Manufacturer: No specific manufacturer/Producer
  • Homeworld (optional): N/A
  • Production: Mass-produced
  • Affiliation: Open-market
  • Modularity: No
  • Material: Gases
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Solid compound of atmospheric gases
  • Weight: Lightweight
  • Quality: N/A
  • Color: Teal blue
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Lightweight
Strengths:
  • Abundant - Very easily re-produced if the right equipment is used. Most* substances in gas format can be used
  • Lightweight - The most unique thing is that it is generally lighter than the gases it is produced from (mainly because it is a solid and excess vapour would be removed from the production process)
Weaknesses:
  • Breakaway - Falls apart extremely easily due to its general preparation process, not tough at all
  • Energy drain - Using Fusion in any type of combat scenario will end up causing a net energy drain, to actually produce it, temperatures of well over 1000 are required
  • Unable to be replaced during combat - Due to the above point, it is simply too energy demanding for weapons to produce it during combat. All other sub-systems of the droid it is attached to must be disabled.
DESCRIPTION

Fusion was discovered to be the general use of multiple gases and mixtures of gases forming into a solid compound. It is very nonreactive, due to electrons from its substances being evenly distributed throughout it.

Fusion itself is created when atmospheric gases, found on planets and sometimes in space, are heated to extreme temperatures of well over 1000, causing a compound of gas to form. Then, it needs to be cooled to below the standard freezing of what, -16 degrees to form the solid. For an unknown reason, it will melt into its liquid form at 139 degrees, and condense into its gaseous form at 1000 degrees.

Its primary use is storing multiple gases in a solid form then breaking them back down again at a later stage, although generally it is regarded as inefficient as the amount of energy to manufacture it and store it efficiently in some atmospheres would simply be too great to justify its financial costs. Weapon manufacturers have also found it to be useful as an ammunition for small arms, due to its relative abundance and reproducibility. When used in this form, it is found to have similar properties to standard ballistics munitions, although a much weaker variant, can still be useful for some models.

Travis Caalgen

T
Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

[member="Darth Mara"] [member="Travis Caalgen"]

I am confused, what is this submission about?

Darth Mara said:
Intent: To sub something that will be apart of a future sub. I was going to explain it there, however it felt appropriate to give it a separate mention.
What does this gas do? What is it capable of? What is this gas's purpose?

[member="Darth Mara"]

Okay, please elaborate in this submission what the gas does, what is its purpose, and how it works. What makes this other than just multiple gasses together?

[member="Cira"]

Well... that's what it is. I'm giving a name to the compound that multiple gases in any concentration come together in certain conditions, and giving that substance properties.

I added its usability as an ammunition for small arms weapons.

[member="Darth Mara"]

So basically, you are making a compound solid of gases to be used as a new weapons gas much like any other standard gas, only that is is weaker, cost far more than a single gas due to production of making it a solid and then a gas again?

[member="Cira"]

Minus the "making it a gas again" and yes, that is what I am attempting to do. The purpose is to have it be made by whatever weapon is using it, so that should said weapon run out of ammunition it can be easily replaced, though not while in combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom