Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrina

500px-FurySchematics-TOR.jpg

Image Credit: Here
Intent: To recreate a personal ship for acolytes, knights and Sith Lords
Development Thread: None but if deemed necessary
Manufacturer: Krayt Industries
Model: KI-AC-MkI
Affiliation: One Sith and her allies
Modularity: None
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel, Transparisteel, Matrix veneer
Description: It`s a revamped fury. After the battle of cardia, Darth Banshee had a lot these older ships, that survived the battle. Despite them being from era, she liked the looks of them. So she set about rebuilding it, for her fellow sith. She decide to use the concept of the previous ship, as her template. Also to keep cost down, she used the old hulls to start the design with.

The ship is a assault corvette, designed also to be a home away from home for fellow members of the one sith. It also had different roles it could used for, like the original one. It could be used to transport troops, or for straight out assault corvette. Also due to the fact it has know got an anti matter drive, it can use extra power, to boost it`s speed. Which would in turn would mean it could like the original, be used as an interceptor. Against larger vessels, and could out pace it`s fellow corvettes.

The ship has always got a force user in command of it

Classification: Support Corvette
Role: Attack ship, or personal base, minor troop carrier
Height: 33
m
Width: 88m
Length: 100m
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Anti-matter reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: Class 1 (Krayt Drive)
Minimum Crew: 6
Optimal Crew: 10
Armaments:

• 2x twin precision cannons
  • 4x proton torpedoes launchers
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Communications Array
  • Encryption Network
  • Escape Pods
  • Holonet Transceiver
  • Advanced Deflector Shield Generator
  • Standard Detention Cells
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Standard Targeting Systems
  • Tractor Beams
Passenger Capacity: up to two platoons 72 men, but conditions are cramped. So raids and invasions only
Cargo Capacity: 1,000 tons
Consumables: 1 year
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 4

Modified October 16 2014

Mkay, several things. I can see what you're trying to do but I don't know why you're not sticking to the guide like you usually do.

• Assault corvettes have a speed of six, if you have previously approved tech allowing you to run a speed of 4 please link me to it.
  • These ships wouldn't be on Coruscant, the sith never took it in TOR time and any remaining there after the sacking would have been wrecks and likely taken apart for any secrets. Even if a few had made it to the planet after, the Jedi would have likely destroyed them. That you were able to find so many is highly dubious.
  • This ship also has a massive deviation from the cannon ship's armaments and heavy missiles aren't introduced until cruiser class.
Let me know what's going on and I'll get back to you.
[member="sabrina"]

sabrina

Ship was ones I used in battle of cardia, and I am only using the hull from it.
If you want to get speed to that, I could do dev thread for the engine. I just presumed (badly) that anti matter engine, would be able to give more power, than solar ion reactor for it`s size. Though normal was 5 for a corvette, missed read that

[member="Domino"]

Normal speed is five for a corvette, you went assault which brings it to six. And while better, anti-matter isn't that much better, it in fact often doesn't affect the standard numbers at all except as fluff when event or other special ships use them. Honestly if I were trying to remake them I'd either do them as a support corvette with the defense guns dumped into missile launchers, or as a large long-range gunship. Either would get you a speed of 4 and a manageable armaments increase over the cannon version.
[member="sabrina"]

sabrina

I have made some edits, and changed it to support. Could have any suggestions on what to do about, the hangers bay not being part of it?
[member="Domino"]

A support corvette comes with 5 batteries of defensive guns meaning it has 20 total, you could easily up your torpedo/missile launcher count to 4 if you wanted to.
You could add a few light fighters if you wished or if you wanted to keep the flavor of the ship, ground craft such as speeders.

If you only had the one Fury could you change your description to reflect this? As it reads you had 'a lot of these older ships.'
[member="sabrina"]

sabrina

I started with 40 of them, at beginning of the battle post 26
obviously I lost some, would like to keep the flavor of that original ship though.
[member="Domino"]

Okay, edit in the hanger with ground vehicles, there are several nice ones on the open market if the sith don't have any. You could also reason the lack of a hanger by saying the rest was put into an extended cargo hold. 1,000 tons is usually a bit high for a combat corvette.
[member="sabrina"]

sabrina

[member="Domino"] I change passenger numbers to full battalion, so it can be used to transport large number of troops as a back up. Though that number is in invasion only, due to consumables,

A battalion can be anywhere from 300-1,300 soldiers. Considering the former is more specialty soldiers and the latter is more for line soldiers and you said full battalion, I'm thinking the later. From my experiences with TOR and flying that very ship, I think you'd have difficulty getting even a few hundred people aboard in combat gear even if they never sat down. I was okay with 36 people even though the original compliment was much smaller and it'd intrude on the sith using the ship and his privacy.
[member="sabrina"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="sabrina"]
Yes, that'd be fine.
I'll be handling this submission for you from now on. I'll take a closer look at it tomorrow, OK? Tag me when you've finished your edits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom