Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funding For Factories

Macharius Solaire

M
Expanding want requires need for expansion. Need of expansion requires funding. What DSA needed was a bank to fund it's endeavors. Private investment on the scale they had wasn't good enough anymore. They simply needed more. To fulfill the need Macharius had reached out to Zrimmir Universal Banking Union, a Cato Neimoidian institution who would be able to provide the funding needed. Provided they could make a deal.

The meeting of course was on Denon, at DSA Headquarters. A tall office tower which they took up several floors of. "Mr. Zrimmir I welcome you to Denon. Were these not such busy and trying times I would have had this meeting somewhere more entertaining and luxurious. You have my gratitude for coming though."

[member="Melvand Zrimmir"]

The trip had been, uneventful to say the least. Although it wasn't exactly uncomfortable, it was far from a pleasure. Maybe it was time to acquire a luxury yacht, with all the business travel he had been doing, it might be a worthwhile investment. But that was a matter for later, now he had to focus on business.

Zrimmir smiled thinly, "It was of no trouble, Mr. Solaire. I am always willing to travel for a potential client."

He waited a moment,

"Shall we begin?"

[member="Macharius Solaire"]

Macharius Solaire

M
"Lets. Now as you remember from our correspondence, DSA is looking for a 12.5 million credit loan. The funds in bulk will go into a new armaments factory complex on Gyndine. The rest I plan to put in to my factories here on Denon for upgrades and refurbishment." Mach pressed a button on his desk, activating a holoprojector. As the image formed and stabilized [member="Melvand Zrimmir"] would see a relatively flat surface and only one building on the plot. "This is factory one of the complex. Since real estate on Denon is quite expensive, we've chosen this plot of land to buy on the outskirts of Gyndyne's capital. We only need one production facility to meet our current needs. But we're making sure we have lots of room for expansion as we grow. Now I'm sure Mr. Zrimmir you have plenty of questions to ask about DSA before we get to the details of the loan. Please ask me anything. Sales, contracts, projections. I can answer anything unless it's a confidential matter with a client or state.

Zrimmir replied to [member="Macharius Solaire"]'s first statement astutely,

"Yes, reasonable expenses."

Then waited and listened to his next remarks. Gazing at the plans presented before him, he then replied,

"Perhaps we could look at your sales history, this is a very high loan, I wish to confirm that your company has had good sales quarters for at least the last two years, if you would please."

(Could we take it down to 12.5 million because 125 million is around the cost of a whole military fleet, and business loans kinda max out at 15 million on my market page. If you feel like you'd like to stay with this number, thats fine, I can work with it.)

Macharius Solaire

M
"Of course Mr. Zrimmir." Macharius moved his hand into the projection field. Accessing a menu drop bar. With a bit of scrolling he found the file he was looking for. With another midair tap the facility rendering disappeared to a flat screen showing the relevant data. "This is DSA's sales data since I started the company. Our largest purchaser by far has been the Sith Empire. We made an arms contract last year and it has been very profitable for the company, given our size factored in as well. The Emperor is generous to his supporters let me tell you. This is really why I need the loan. To meet their growing demand for the weapons we designed for them" No doubt the Neimoidian banker had no issue as to who the company sold to. So long as it was profitable and not a threat to his interests. "After them comes Denon herself. The army buys our Mark 1 armor. To avoid a conflict of interest of course we sell it at a good discount. Still profitable though. Then after that, mostly freedom fighters and individual sales to mercenaries and the like make up the rest. I assure you Mr. Zrimmir, DSA is running profitably. Satisfactory to meet the standards your bank needs for this loan. If you need more convincing though. I'd be happy to show or tell you more. Perhaps assets or our future planning?"

[member="Melvand Zrimmir"]

Zrimmir reviewed the data carefully, as he listened to [member="Macharius Solaire"]'s description of the situation. Zrimmir liked it. Sound, secure, and well documented. For any normal loan, this company would qualify for it without a doubt. But this was no regular loan. So, Zrimmir thought it necessary to further investigate, as his underlings were no doubt doing at home on Cato Neimoidia, researching all they could about the company in public files and some less public files accessed by the company's large wealth and good connections. Nodding, Zrimmir replied,

"For now, I wish to understand a little more about your assets. Then, later, I would be interested in hearing your future plans. I like to be, thorough, when I commit to such a large business deal, Mr. Solaire."

Macharius Solaire

M
[member="Melvand Zrimmir"] was being quite reasonable. Nemoidian's were usually fickle and shrewd businessmen at all times. And while they were jumping through all the hoops. They were expected to be discussed. Nothing out of left field, yet anyways, to spoil the review. "Certainly. DSA has four main physical assets. We have three facilities on Denon. Two primarily for production while the other doubles as the same, and as our R&D division. The original property this company started at actually. All together worth, oh I'd say ninety million credits if we sold it as property. With the value increasing year over year of course. Not that we'd ever likely give them up. There's value enough keeping them close and under Denon's protection. The fourth is a place called the Mechyards. I'll pull up an image for you of it." Macharius began scrolling away on his computer for a picture. They banker may well be impressed that such a small company could acquire such an asset. A secret Macharius wouldn't give up on just how he did it though. "I'm sure you're well aware of Kuat's ring shipyard. Well it's like that." The image replaced everything on the holoprojection. A red world with ocean's of lava covered in planetary scale manufacturing. The shipyards though was what should be focused on though. They were huge. With space elevators reaching down to the planets surface. "Only not in operation and in a state of disrepair. Worth billions in scrap alone. I want to get it up an running again though. In stages of course to make it feasible. Let me tell you though Mr. Zrimmir. There's not another company in the galaxy with a chance of getting a shipyard of this size without buying an already in operation yard. It will take us a long time I'll admit to get it to operation, especially full operation. I'll make this company a premier ship manufacturer one day though. This loans a drop in the bucket to this project. I don't mean to diminish its importance though. DSA is still an armaments company first and foremost at this time. It's the banks that will allow me to grow this company. Perhaps even our two corporations can find in the future a mutually beneficial relationship. I go on though. Back to the assets. I'm sure you will find them to more than cover as collateral should we not be able to pay back the loan. I've no worries we'd ever miss a payment though. Is there more you'd like to know about anything reguarding the subject Mr. Zrimmir?"

Zrimmir nodded. He liked the ambition of the man, and if the deal was successful, he might come back to ask how [member="Macharius Solaire"] had acquired such a massive asset from his position. But that was business for another time, if he had this in his company's pocketbooks, Zrimmir felt that this loan, however high, would be in good hands. Perhaps grounds for a full on investment, one much larger than this loan Solaire was looking for.

Zrimmir said, "This is very impressive, I must say, that is a very ambitious project. I eagerly await their results." Zrimmir paused, taking a moment to breathe, then said, "Mr. Solaire, you have by far put all worries of mine down, I certainly believe you can do more than just cover this loan. I've even been thinking of a corporate investment, maybe even patronage. However, that is business for a later date. You spoke a little of your plans with the orbital ring, and outer space shipyards. Please, elaborate more on your future plans for expansion and the pursuit of your company."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom