Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Fundamentals || Viceroyalty

WEARING: xxx
The chair was different, more comfortable. It seemed that Darth Metus Darth Metus had not spared himself any of the comforts his office could afford. Despite the luxury, the seat was still uncomfortable. The view was wrong, and the role was different. Daegon could no longer press the issues from his seat as the Viceroy of Thyferra, not when he was now the Vicelord of the Confederacy. This was going to be a new game, a different game, one that he would have to play well if he did not want to be the latest casualty of political intrigue.​
His eyes turned to his right and left. The seats of the Exarch’s. Neither seat was for his wife Seraphina Corvinus Seraphina Corvinus . They had always shared in his work, and the thing Daegon did not like the most about the role he now filled was the fact her voice was not in his ear, and her hand was not in his.​
“I now call this session of the Viceroyalty into order.”
The portly Twi’lek spoke. Clearly he had taken advantage of the comforts his seat had offered him as well.​
“The chair recognizes Daegon Corvinus, Vicelord.”
Vicelord, that was also going to take getting used to hearing. He smiled as he stood. The charm he was known for would be on full display. Hands wrapped around the edges of the podium as he gripped it. Eyes looked out over those who had assembled in the Viceroyalty chamber. This would be his first address to this body after taking the opportunity to seize power for himself. It was necessary. For the Confederacy to survive the ideology which was taking the galaxy by storm Daegon had to do what he had done.​
It was time to address the assembled body.​
“I wish I could stand before you today with good news of triumph, that the refugee crisis has solved itself, and that we have found homes enough for all of them. I wish I could tell you the way forward is going to be easy. Yet, on our doorstep is a new challenge. Many in this room are already well aware of the reports which have come from the Knights Obsidian of two gates which have appeared on two of our planets. At a time when we face the challenges of finding new homes for those who have been displaced from theirs, we now face a new challenge.”
“Despite the uncertainty we will be able to face it, and that is the matter before you today. Never in my time serving this body has the Confederacy faced threats of this magnitude. So today I stand before you asking that this body release emergency discretionary funding to the executive offices of the Vicelord, the Knights Obsidian, and the Ministries of War and Influence. We do not know what we will face, but we must be able to fund whatever actions are necessary.”
“My primary concern is that we do not know what will come out of those gates. We must be in a position to defend ourselves, and also continue to see to the resettling of the refugees. This funding bill will allow us to do exactly that.”
Daegon turned to the speaker.​
“Mr. Chairman, I move for its adoption.”

q7Sj6fT.jpg

Solitude
Lake Country, Naboo

The large desk had seemingly been cleared of its clutter that had dominated much of its surface when the Exarch Srina Talon Srina Talon had previously visited not too long ago, leaving its pristine obsidian top unmarred, and providing for a peace of mind, of sorts. The woman sat quietly as the screen before her flashed to life, the images of the interior of the Presidium flashing across the screen as the event that had been scheduled - clearly an address to the Viceroyalty in regards to the state of the Confederacy and the more recent events that had seemed to grip hold of the galaxy in a firm grasp that had already caused the death of a number of Interstellar Galactic Governments - and it seemed that day by day, the possibility of the Confederacy being swallowed up was more likely. For if an Empire such as that of the Sith could be torn down from their foundations - could the Confederacy of Independent Systems fare any better if those within and without that claimed dominion in the Galaxy sought to strike at it as they had others?

It was almost a shock to see Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus appear on the screen - the citizens had grown so accustomed to seeing Darth Metus Darth Metus addressing the Viceroyalty - it was nearly unfathomable that he would step down and permit another to step into the role as Vicelord. Though it seemed with the recent attacks upon those that claimed heraldry of the Sith, that it was perhaps in the best interest that the Confederacy has a Vicelord that was not of that ancient religion; she, however, doubted that would be enough to assuage the demands of those within the New Imperial Order [whose own RIP Carlyle Rausgeber RIP Carlyle Rausgeber had seemed to already paint a target upon the Confederacy with his own address].

There was no doubting that it had been the Agents of Chaos that set all things in motion since they had proven at Ryloth that a God could bleed - having struck a blow to the Confederacy and shown that the Titan could be forced to kneel - and it was a message that had haunted Amelia ever since, to the point that it had followed her in those other assaults upon the Confederacy by the very same Agents of Chaos - once friends turned enemies. Now it seemed, that with the Sith Empire defeated and crumbling into ruins - the eyes of the Galaxy turned towards the Confederacy rather than focus upon the threat in the East presented by the Bryn'adul - or perhaps it was those within that thought they could stem the tide against such a pang of ravenous hunger that consumed world after world without thought or remorse.

Those thoughts could wait for now - as her attention fully returned to the screen that sat before her - golden hues settling upon the face of the new Vicelord as he issued forth an impassioned speech about the threats and tribulations that the Confederacy currently faced [that of the mass of Refugees that continued to pour into their space and now the strange Gates that appeared upon two of their worlds].

"Seventy-Seven".

Amelia looked up from the screen, golden hues falling upon the Human Replica Droid that stood at attention upon hearing her name.

"Please retrieve the files on the Variable Geometry Self-Propelled Battle Droid, Mark IV - I want it to be in full production by the end of the month, with the first Squadrons being deployed into service of the Confederacy Navy at Kamino and Mechis III."

"Yes ma'am, will there be anything else?"

"I'll also need the files regarding the First Vault and the progress of its construction. If anything should befall the Confederacy as it had the Sith Empire, then that construct will serve as the template of a network of such facilities to preserve the Confederacy into the future. I want to ensure that it is fully operational within the month as well."

Her attention turned back towards the screen and the Vicelord - her ears perking up as he put forward a motion to immediately adopt a new funding bill with the aim of seeing to the defense of the Confederacy and overcoming the Refugee crisis that it currently faced. Settling back into her seat, she now awaited for the Viceroys to speak their minds, their support or opposition to such an action, and to see the path of the Confederacy as it would be lain out before them in that moment.

Ame.png

Golbah Hill
Theed, Naboo

More money, more problems
Once again, the Presidium was asking for finical support to solve a problem that had baffled not only the Viceroyalty, but the military and if his suspicions were correct, the Ministry of Science. On this particular request, the Viceroy of Druckenwell was a hard pass.
The Vicelord was right in the basic sense. The Confederacy was facing an eminent threat, one the galaxy itself had faced decades ago. Omni could not be allowed to persist in this realm, sure. But was asking for money the only plan the great Ministers of the Confederacy had conjured to present? "Druckenwell seeks recognition"
"Triumph is an elusive dream, honorable Vicelord" He began. "But like any true victory, the battle plans for our eventual triumph must be centralized, distributed and enacted"
"I do understand the meaning and very much the simplicity of granting additional funding to your offices, however I must object to this particular quest due to something you have failed to actually speak to us of: A plan"
"Gods know what lies on the otherside of those damned hypergates, another crisis for our citizens to endure even as an appropriate response to the Refugee Crisis has yet to be enacted" He paused, quickly scanning the rotunda for signs of support. "You have an opportunity, sir. Kill two birds with one stone"
"I suggest we end the debate of the Refugee Crisis here and now. Allowing for the construction of space stations to house millions fleeing from home is beyond absurd. Druckenwell moves to grant a significant portion of the fleeing refugees asylum and allow them to settle in the underdeveloped lands of our beautiful world" Hundreds of thousands at most would be opened with welcome arms, any more would be overstepping whatever agreement made.
"Other than that, I am dying to hear the Vicelord's proposal for dealing with these, ah...hypergates?"

New_Project_6.gif

S O V E R E I G N

Tag: Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus | Amelia von Sorenn Amelia von Sorenn | Tarsus Kiyan Tarsus Kiyan

Change was fresh on the air of Naboo.

The Confederacy’s spring capital had been the center of upheaval and distress in the wake of Vicelord Metus’s forced resignation and subsequent exile, a controversial move that had lead to outbursts of protests from citizens across the Confederacy and even among Bastille’s one peers.

And for once, Bastille couldn’t help but wonder if he had made a mistake.

The Kemotar and Viceroy of Ra’Katha rarely acted impulsively, always calculating his next moves to never leave himself at a disadvantage. Yet with the rising levels of anti-Sith contempt in the galaxy, the fall of the Sith Empire as its government finally capitulated to the New Imperial regime, he’d seen a chance to level a great blow to one of his greatest political adversaries. The ‘Bloodless Coup’ had unseated one of the most powerful men in the galaxy, but now as he stood in the familiar Viceroyal chambers on Naboo, he wondered if it had been for the better. Now Daegon Corvinus, former Viceroy of Thyferra, sat as head of state, infinitely shrewd and calculating, an unknown political entity who subscribed to no contemporary ideology but his own. In removing Metus, had Bastille unwittingly crowned a leader who would be even worse?

He did not sit alone. Accompanying him in his pod were the Viceroys of Wrea, Trendivar, and Ryloth, neighboring systems and heavy trade partners with Bastille’s own planet. They’d eschewed from their personal pods to join Bastille to watch the proceedings, making small commentaries and individual representatives made their cases and arguments before the assembled Viceroyalty. “Kiyan is not wrong,” Viceroy Ull Troske of Trendivar muttered. “There are many tracts of land, uninhabited, across the Confederacy. It’s a waste of credits to develop space stations just for a temporary refugee crisis.”

Bastille smiled faintly in recognition, his glittering black eyes not moving from the center pulpit at which the Speaker and Vicelord stood. “No doubt we all share those sentiments, Viceroy. But there are those of our colleagues who will seek to pass this bill, if only to appropriate those funds for their own internal projects and hidden pockets.” He wrung his wrists, the shimmering golden fabric of his traditional Ra’Kathan tunic light and cool on his copper-toned skin. “Viceroy Taa, how comes construction of your new processing facility?”

Damar Taa, newly-elected Viceroy of Ryloth, was slow to respond. His lekku hung heavy from his skull, his green skin weathered and creased from Ryloth’s harsh sun. His voice was a low rumble and heavily accented, but still discernible. “Roble’s discounts are a boon to our people. As the facilities near completion, I pray that it will serve to revitalize our damaged economy. Ryloth has been ever-slow to recover from the terrorist attacks we suffered.” He nodded his head ponderously. “It worries me, the existence of these hypergates. I’m half inclined to support this request; Kamino is not too far way from Ryloth, and I will not stop any measure that prevents blood from being spilled on Ryloth soil.”

The Duros Viceroy of Wrea closed his eyes, as if deep in thought. “How many budget increases and emergency funding bills have we already passed?” He asked rhetorically, countering the Twi’lek’s musings. “Pundits across the Galactic Alliance and New Imperial Order call us the next Sith Empire, and for the Confederacy to be eradicated from the galaxy in their crusade to purge the galaxy of the Sith. Damn these hypergates, I say; the Vicelord should be more worried about our Northern border and trade than fairytales and derelict stations.”

Bastille only smiled and nodded, but did not add his own input to the whispered debate, still halfway concentrated on the proceedings. Even if war would come, Ra’Katha was far removed from the bright core of the galaxy, and the chance it would see any fighting was slim. War economies would only boost the demand for ore, a demand his world would be ready to supply, but Bastille had also spent many credits into investing in the planers infrastructure to return it to the former glory it had enjoyed as a trade hub in the Outer Rim, a status that war could quickly shatter.

But the question was whether the new executive branch was aware of this, as well. Vicelord Metus had been a warrior first, politician second, Bastille knew. He disagreed with the former’s politics and peacetime administration, but under his reign the Confederacy had enjoyed victory after victory in conflicts abroad. Would Daegon Corvinus, a man who had dealt in the business of bacta, have the same kind of mettle to steer the Confederacy through the inevitable, impending conflict? Or would he be one more dithering politician?

Only time would be able to tell.

WEARING: xxx

Daegon could only laugh under his breath as once he again it took the Viceroyalty no time at all to deviate the conversation from the issue which had been presented to them. A motion had been made, but rather than bring a second so that the bill could be discussed as parliamentary procedure dictated, those who only loved the sound of their own voice began to speak with nothing of substance to the actual bill.​
As usual the speaker tried to gain order, but was quickly ignored by the delegates in attendance thus far. If the speaker would not establish order, then be it his job or not, Daegon would.​
He took to his podium once more, and waited for the speaker to recognize him.​
"I commend all of you for your critique and questions, but as you are all well aware we cannot actually discuss the validity of the bill while a motion is on the floor without a second. Yet this is not what surprises me at all. The solutions proposed so far are to take funds and create space stations for refugees to be housed in? Was that not the solution the Agents of Chaos provided? Have we fallen so far that the best thing we can offer those coming to is for aid is a solution championed by a terrorist organization?"
The Vicelord paused, long enough to be awkward, short enough to make it clear he had not yet yielded the floor.​
"The refugee crisis we face has two main components. First is the volume of refugees which need to be housed. There are plenty of worlds willing to house them, and even if we were to build additional stations for the task it does nothing to address the second component. The number of refugees will continue to increase as along and the Brynadul and the Maw remain unchecked."
"You have all turned your eyes to the east and pondered whether they will encroach our borders, and yet what has anyone in this body done ensure that they will not? Csilla was destroyed by a fanatical group of Sith who celebrate slavery and practice things the likes of which no civilized society should tolerate in any form. What are we doing about this? The days when we sit idly by while the galaxy plunges itself into chaos are over. If we are not willing to address the refugee problem in such a way that attempts to curb the ever increasing number by taking the fight to those causing the upheaval then we have no moral standing."
Daegon turned to address the question from Tarsus Kiyan Tarsus Kiyan .
"To your question about a plan. Discretionary funding is just that... funding to be spent at the discretion of the offices I listed to solve the problems we have yet to face. If this body, or if you personally, do not wish to grant it, that is what we are here to decide. What we are not here to do is develop a plan. This is a legislative body, not a planning committee."
His words turned next to his partner in recent events, Bastille Rommer Bastille Rommer .​
"And how would your colleagues in this room get their hands on funds for their projects which are not going to any office which is wholly connected to the Viceroyalty in any way? The offices of the Vicelord, Knights Obsidian, War, and Influence, cover in this instance funding for war, diplomacy, and the upholding and defense of our charter. If we are to deal with this refugee crisis they will need additional funding to carry out the work. Hester Shedo Hester Shedo alone will be spending more time, and travel costs, in her work to align those worlds which agree to house the refugees with a certain humanitarian minimum. The Knights Obsidian will be required to ensure such accommodations meet the requirements of our charter and the laws passed by this body. Let's not speculate on the motives of those in this room. Current events dictate such things be put aside for a time."
He turned his attention to the rest of the body.​
"Now what say you all? Will we address this crisis as it demands, and fund the actions we will need to take to do so, or we will continue to sit idle while we debate the merit of action?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom